#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

You can get into the OFC from Papa's page. At the tribute page, right click on "terms of service" at the bottom and open a new tab. You can then click on Fan HQ for the blog pages or the Message Board link. There are currently 115 fans on the blog side.

I'm not quite sure why we'd WANT to do that when the intention was clearly to close the site in honor of Clay's Papa? Surely we can honor that wish for this short time.

I didn't mean any disrespect. I found that way in looking for a condolence thread. I think others have since posted a direct link.

Caro :listen:

Durham

Look whose on Facebook.

I just saw that. Too freakin' funny:

This is freakin' hilarious:

Sex:

Male

Hometown:

Durham, NC

Relationship Status:

It's Complicated

Interested In:

Women

Men

Looking For:

Friendship

Networking Personal Information

Activities:

Eating and Sleeping

Squirrel Hunting

Deer Hunting

Hanging Out With Friends

Favorite Music:

Clay Aiken

KISS

Favorite TV Shows:

The Dog Whisperer

Hunting And Fishing

Grey's Anatomy

Favorite Movies:

Best In Show

Homeward Bound

Favorite Books:

Alpha Dog

About Me:

Im just a regular Dog who gets up in the morning just like everybody else. I work a full time Security Job for my owners that I truly enjoy. You know when you have found your passion in life! In my spare time, I like finding the ball and just running around and stuff.

:hysterical:

KISS, lmao????

He only has 3 friends, lol.

Does Raleigh have a page?

I'm really sorry for Clay and his family now. Whenever there is an illness or disease that makes the last years difficult for all those involved, there is usually always mixed feelings. When my mom was sick, I knew it would be better for her to let go, but when it happened, I kept wishing that we'd had more time. There is also a lady that I love, and took care of for a couple of years, who is now suffering from dementia and I hate both options. It's going to tear me up when she goes. Thankfully Clay's family seems very close, so they have each other for support.

On another note, I love that Durham has a FB and his profile is hysterical. Now I want to know who went looking for Durham Aiken on FB to find him in the first place.

I'm so sorry to hear the news... {{{Clay and family}}}

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come."

-- Rabindranath Tagore

That is beautiful Scarlett. I've never heard that quote before. It's very comforting.

I'm really sorry for Clay and his family now. Whenever there is an illness or disease that makes the last years difficult for all those involved, there is usually always mixed feelings. When my mom was sick, I knew it would be better for her to let go, but when it happened, I kept wishing that we'd had more time. There is also a lady that I love, and took care of for a couple of years, who is now suffering from dementia and I hate both options. It's going to tear me up when she goes. Thankfully Clay's family seems very close, so they have each other for support.

I spent about four hours today getting my nails, toes and hair done. Also in the salon was a lovely woman with her mother. Mother is 85 years old, has Alzheimers and is physically very fragile. It was her birthday. She was getting a new haircut, lunch out and a flu shot for her birthday. She was treated like a queen by the staff. Her daughter kept pulling a video camera out to record the events. Her daughter records every little thing about her mother now. She says her mother pops up with spontaneous comments that she is so happy to have on tape. Evidently her mother is living in a home but the daughter goes over every day to visit and tuck her mother in at night because she knows her mother's time is short now. She said every moment they have together is a blessing.

My mom and daughter arrived late yesterday afternoon so I didn't log on last night. I am just seeing the news about Clay's grandfather now. How very sad.

{{{Clay & family}}}

That Durham profile is hilarious! I love it. I wonder if Raleigh has one too?

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Claynadians! We originally were going to do dinner tonight, so I was kind of rushing around, but all 3 kids have requested that we do it Sunday instead, which is the more traditional day, because they have 3 separate commitments to other things tonight. Hee, it's hard to get everyone together when the kids get older! But I'm glad we worked it out. So today I can breathe and take my time. I'm going to take luckiestmom and luckiestdaughter to the farmer's market this morning, that should be fun. And then this afternoon make some of the stuff you can do ahead. I'm also hoping to make some pies or maybe a pumpkin cheesecake.

I was offline last night too, so I didn't see the news about Clay's grandfather. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Claynadians! We originally were going to do dinner tonight, so I was kind of rushing around, but all 3 kids have requested that we do it Sunday instead, which is the more traditional day, because they have 3 separate commitments to other things tonight. Hee, it's hard to get everyone together when the kids get older! But I'm glad we worked it out. So today I can breathe and take my time. I'm going to take luckiestmom and luckiestdaughter to the farmer's market this morning, that should be fun. And then this afternoon make some of the stuff you can do ahead. I'm also hoping to make some pies or maybe a pumpkin cheesecake.

We usually have our dinner on Sunday and it just gives us more recuperation time on Monday. Wish me luck - I'm going to make my first apple pie!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

Happy Thanksgiving

to all the wonderful Canadian Clay Fans on FCA and other boards. We had a warm day yesterday, about 80 degrees, and I associate Thanksiving with Fall temperatures. Enjoy your turkey and pumpkin. Sounds wonderful to me.

I thought the Durham FB page was adorable but felt like a voyeur when they changed it as it wasn't meant for me to see. I always wished for Clay the privacy he obviously desires. It's probably because I am like that in real life about some things. I'm not criticizing anyone as it is a personal issue. I'm sure it's just me. I am not ready for the Gala to be here so soon. I can't decide whether to get a room neaarby or to drive back and forth Friday night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Did I forget to mention I'm a cheapskate?

Off to the gym, have a great day.

I'm so sorry to hear the news... {{{Clay and family}}}

“Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.”

-- Rabindranath Tagore

That is lovely. :)

I spent about four hours today getting my nails, toes and hair done. Also in the salon was a lovely woman with her mother. Mother is 85 years old, has Alzheimers and is physically very fragile. It was her birthday. She was getting a new haircut, lunch out and a flu shot for her birthday. She was treated like a queen by the staff. Her daughter kept pulling a video camera out to record the events. Her daughter records every little thing about her mother now. She says her mother pops up with spontaneous comments that she is so happy to have on tape. Evidently her mother is living in a home but the daughter goes over every day to visit and tuck her mother in at night because she knows her mother's time is short now. She said every moment they have together is a blessing.

What a very cool idea!

I thought the Durham FB page was adorable but felt like a voyeur when they changed it as it wasn't meant for me to see. I always wished for Clay the privacy he obviously desires. It's probably because I am like that in real life about some things. I'm not criticizing anyone as it is a personal issue. I'm sure it's just me. I am not ready for the Gala to be here so soon. I can't decide whether to get a room neaarby or to drive back and forth Friday night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Did I forget to mention I'm a cheapskate?

Fear, you might want to check around a little with the usual suspects. I think it's very likely someone may have room for you in theirs. That's a long drive back and forth. PM Preden possibly, or ldyj or...luckiest1? not sure how you guys are?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADA!

From Jerry Aiken on Facebook:

Thank you to all our friends that have been so supportive during our time of loss. Your comments and prayers mean more than you know! I am so thankful that God so loved his children that he sent his Son to redeem us providing the path through faith and His grace that we may have an eternal home with him.

Happy Thanksgiving

to all the wonderful Canadian Clay Fans on FCA and other boards. We had a warm day yesterday, about 80 degrees, and I associate Thanksiving with Fall temperatures. Enjoy your turkey and pumpkin. Sounds wonderful to me.

Hee, believe me, the temperatures here are VERY fall like here. Winter, even. Supposed to be going down below freezing during the night this weekend. I am thankful that the sun is out this morning, as we've had days and days of rain lately. I am looking foward to the warmer temperatures in NC next week (hopefully)!

I thought the Durham FB page was adorable but felt like a voyeur when they changed it as it wasn't meant for me to see. I always wished for Clay the privacy he obviously desires. It's probably because I am like that in real life about some things. I'm not criticizing anyone as it is a personal issue. I'm sure it's just me.

Well that explains why, when I clicked on the facebook link, I was not able to view Durham's "info", just his "friends". That's the nature of facebook, anyone can stumble across anything unless it is made private. I thought it was very cute and thank whoever brought the info over! Nothing that really invaded anyone's privacy, IMO. Just fun stuff.

Fear, you might want to check around a little with the usual suspects. I think it's very likely someone may have room for you in theirs. That's a long drive back and forth. PM Preden possibly, or ldyj or...luckiest1? not sure how you guys are?

We already have 4 in our room (me, Claymatron, luckiestdaughter aka crimsonice, and disneykid), but maybe someone else can fit you in? We are not staying anywhere near the Marriott, as we have opted to be close to the mall instead, LOL. I am sure we'll be spending a lot of our time there. ;)

:GM_FCA:

7 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I can't believe in one week, I'll be in Raleigh! EEEEEEEEEEEE! Seeing Clay, and seeing all my Clay friends, both old and new!

Fear, check with preden about "room in our room." As far as I know, we're at the Sheraton. preden, I can vouch for Fear, even though you've never met ME either! LOL!

I just made a donation on Facebook to the National Inclusion Project to honor Clay's grandfather. Anyone who can afford to do so, please contribute!

Hello Fear, since I've been offered to you LOL! I just pm you and let me know when would you need a place to stay. Since Idy doesn't seem to mind I won't either. I'm excited to meeting clayfans. I've only been a fan since Sept 06 and have never seen Clay in concert, only Spamalot.

I dunno - I can see Durham's profile when I click on merrieee's link. Ummm... it's a dog. I don't think I invaded his privacy. :hahaha:

V. Cute. Boyfriend has a warped sense of humor.

The original link to Durham's page was linked to Reed's Facebook so I think he set it up...maybe trying to cheer Clay up...interesting though that the was changed very quickly after it was posted on the boards.

Kim

Thanks ladyj. I may call the Sheraton and see if they have a room. I have a bunch of points with our credit card, I may check that out.

ETA: Thanks preden. I am a last minute person.

cindylu, they deleted the pictures and comments under them right after the fans found the space. One was a picture of the two dogs and Durham was saying "Me and my bitch Raleigh", which was pretty funny but I guess someone didn't want that spread around. There were legs and a partial face in some of the pictures too. So who knows why they were taken off, but someone didn't want us seeing or reading something. I think it was meant only for certain people but wasn't set up correctly or something. A lot of people don't like pictures of their kids on the internet and maybe Clay doesn't like pictures of his dogs on the internet. But that is why I felt like it was something I shouldn't have looked at.

I dunno - I can see Durham's profile when I click on merrieee's link. Ummm... it's a dog. I don't think I invaded his privacy. :hahaha:

V. Cute. Boyfriend has a warped sense of humor.

The original link to Durham's page was linked to Reed's Facebook so I think he set it up...maybe trying to cheer Clay up...interesting though that the was changed very quickly after it was posted on the boards.

Kim

Ahhh - thanks, Kim. It all seems pretty harmless at any rate. (and IIU/IIT, how sweet is Reed? :wub:)

:GA_FCA:

I just uploaded a blog in honor of Papa Aiken at Carolina On My Mind. Your hits and comments are always appreciated. Included are the Beautiful Star graphic by cindilu2 and hosaa's wonderful montage. :wub:

I was planning to add info about the charity drives, but I think I will wait and do that tomorrow. All my tweets go directly into the "All Friends" column (instead of "Clay Aiken"), but Ashes retweeted the blog into the correct location. I wonder if they have me automatically programmed for that.

Love Durham's Facebook info. Thnx for sharing! :hahaha:

Have a restful/productive/enjoyable weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I just hope no clayfans will show up at the funeral home. This is a private time for Clay and his family. It would be so disrespectful to want to be there at such a private occasion in Clay's life.