#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

I watched Alton's anniversary show last Saturday too...it was a great show...love Good Eats..I have the new cookbook on my Christmas List!

Safe travels to all those heading to Raleigh!

Kim

I just got an email from Christie Cookies saying that they will remove the results at Noon (est) today to verify the votes. However you can still vote until midnight. Results will be announced Oct 18.

I'm not going to the Gala either... so take good clack, please!!! I'll meet you guys here, as CH is having a cellcert and I'll want to be on site to read with a silly grin on my face.

I put in around 50 email addresses last night that Georgie gave me. I'll try to get the other 50 in tonight. I sure hope we get this $25,000. That would be sooo awesome. Then to win the other contest with the $50,000 prize for just a $10 donation or 3, that would be ultra awesome. Crossing fingers!!!!

I sure hope we get this $25,000.

liney, that's a great job on your part! :clap:

But the ChristieCookie contest prize money is as follows (unless I'm mistaken)

1st place - $10,000

2nd place - $5,000

The remaining Top 12 - $1,000 each

Total prize money awarded - $25,000

Please, someone correct this if I am wrong

But 1st place is still a VERY BIG PRIZE since that would fully fund an entire camp for one summer to my understanding!!

GO NIP :04:

Hello everyone at FCA!

I'm excited about going to Raleigh tomorrow - hope to see a lot of you there!!

To those not going - I know exactly how you feel! This will be my first time going.

Birthday Greetings to all I've missed in the past couple of weeks. RL has been keeping me busy and there's no way I can catch up on 20 pages!!

Gotta go finish packing!

WOOOO HOOOO for the GALA!!

:04: :04: :04: :04: :04:

Hi all, we are safe and sound in our Raleigh hotel room after stuffing ourselves at the Cheesecake Factory this evening. Some great deals in the Crabtree Valley Mall at the Alumni Hall store if anyone is interested. They have all their NC team t-shirts, etc on sale for 3 for $10.00. There were a select number of hoodies so we got some great deals. Tomorrow we are going to visit with some local friends. The weather is cold and wet but we have hope that it could improve by Saturday.

OK, off to vote my last 75 emails on the Christie contest! :)

I will not show that color green!!!!!!! Seriously everyone have a great time and take some beautiful pictures and I hope some clack of his singing. I really miss him and can not wait. I am in class all day Saturday and all day Sunday so I probably will not see anything till Sunday night. Someday I swear I am going to go!!!!

And I was the first one to reply to him! Hee!

Well, my bathroom is mostly remodeled. Went from some OK striped/patterned wallpaper to maroon walls. New fiberglass tub. New toilet. New vanity. It looks NICE! I'll post pictures next week, probably.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm packed, and mostly ready to go! I can't believe it's time! Looking forward to seeing friends, old and new. And I will be taking all my FCA friends with me in spirit. You can count on it.

WOOOO HOOOO for the GALA!!

:04: :04: :04: :04: :04:

Lilyshine and I drove down to pottery country today--Seagrove, NC. Went one place that had things from many different potteries, then ended up visiting only four potteries, but it was quite the experience. It would take a week or more to see everything. Met some interesting people, and their interesting cats and dogs. It reminded me of once when I went to a Japanese pottery region. There are dozens of potteries spread around on country roads in several directions. At one pottery, they had a number of Neolithic Chinese pots also, some big museum quality ones, along with some huge pots they made that were inspired by them.

It was all about Clay, of course--the word was everywhere we went. :wub: And I had some awesome barbeque and hush puppies.

It rained the whole time, and was chilly, but I think we're going to warm up for you guys, or a least get you some sun. But it'll be cold Sat. night, low 40s!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

From Aron's Facebook

Aron Hall Gonna be an awesome weekend! I'm just saying, I don't think anyone has any idea what's in store...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Clay always has something up his sleeve for gala, I just can't wait to see what it is this year! :04:

:GM_FCA:

Safe travels to all those heading out!

Have been sick with a cold all week; took yesterday off but since I don't get paid for sick days I need to go to work today...normally Friday's are my off day...really hate having to go in but I can't afford to take too many days off...plus it is raining, just yuck. But at least the week-end is coming up and the Gala...looking forward to it...although I have no problem admitting I am green with envy...I would love to be getting ready to go anywhere to see Clay...just keeping my fingers crossed for Summer Tour, 2010.

1 Day until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm in the midst of family reunion and related matters, but WOO_HOO to all Gala Goers!

I love my family and extended cousins etc., but this weekend will necessitate a few "disappearing" acts on my part for Clay updates.

I'm so excited just to hear news and second-hand accounts and the prospect of CLACK, that I can't imagine what I'd be feeling to actually be going. I'll console myself with thoughts that my heart couldn't stand it, and that vicarious attendance is as much as I can physically stand.

But .... do I actually BELIEVE that? I'm trying.

MWAHH to everybody there and on the way -- safe travels and virtual hugs, y'all!

I hope to see all the FCAers soon but I haven't started packing or washing clothes yet. I need money, shoes and some snacks. Good thing the bakery was closed when I went by it this morning. I wish I could take you all with me but the car is a little small. Off to get ready.