#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

saw this at the cb from Joy2talk2U

Just got a cellphone call from Raleigh.....

Overheard some of rehearsal.....new music being rehearsed....NO ONE had heard the song before....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Got a call from hosaa a while ago and just got home to post.

She heard a little of the rehearsal.

She heard bluesy.

Others heard As Long As We're Here.

She also heard a report that Jerome said we'd be sick of seeing them in 2010.

I don't think so.

From Toni at CV:

We just got back in the room. Everyone is picking up their tickets and getting their table numbers etc. and you can now walk through and view and bid on all the silent auctions! Some great items and loads of beautifully framed Clay pics and posters autographed!!

F'dawg you have 3 bids on your donated item so far. I bid on it too

Talked with Aron for a bit. Such a nice man.

I also saw Brett and Clay's friend Cameron come in. So they are here!!!

Room is set up in opposite direction as last year. We got a nice table!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

from CB

posted by Madame President

One of my friends down here spoke with someone from the "National Inclusion Project" who said that when she thinks about what's coming tonight she "gets chills." No clue what that means, but it can't be bad!

Hey gang!

I was one who overheard the sound check...and yes, I overheard As Long as We're Here. I know that music backwards, forwards, inside, out, so I'm sure of it. I was with laughn at the time.

Looking forward to tonight!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Love the spoilers! I couldn't be happier! We just got back to our hotel after picking up our tickets and placing multiple bids on silent auction items that we really can't afford but will charge to assorted Visa cards if we win. LOL. There are some wonderful weeklong NC vacations for 6 - 10 people that we want badly. Ha ha. And various Clay related items that had no bids and we felt sorry for them so we put the minimum bid down. Uh oh, please don't let us win TOO many. ;)

We have lucked out and got a decent table this year. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you to Aron for doing such a great job organizing. Is it time to go back yet? We must have missed the soundcheck by mere minutes. Love, love, love that quote that supposedly came from Jerome about 2010 (although of course I take it with a grain of salt). Can you tell we are a tad excited here? :04:

I'm loving all the reports - thanks for checking in and including the Gala-less in the excitement!

toni7babe took a couple of pictures of the poster outside the ballroom:

WelcomePoster.jpg

WelcomeposterpicofClayandMichael.jpg

=====================================

O/T - The fall color is supposed to be at its peak here in Ohio, so I went to the park and got a few shots.

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

I love the anticipation. I can't wait until the Gala starts and I'm not even there, so I can barely imagine how pumped the Clay fans in Raleigh must be. I'm pretty giddy already.

Couchie, when I heard about ALAWH I thought of you immediately and know you must long to be there. It's also a favorite of KAndre's, so y'all watch out for her when he sings that one tonight.

Thanks to fear and ldyj and luckiest and all the FCA "players" keeping us informed out here in the hinterlands. Big smacking MMMMMM-WAH!

I love the anticipation. I can't wait until the Gala starts and I'm not even there, so I can barely imagine how pumped the Clay fans in Raleigh must be. I'm pretty giddy already.

Couchie, when I heard about ALAWH I thought of you immediately and know you must long to be there. It's also a favorite of KAndre's, so y'all watch out for her when he sings that one tonight.

Thanks to fear and ldyj and luckiest and all the FCA "players" keeping us informed out here in the hinterlands. Big smacking MMMMMM-WAH!

And those of at home who have been cutting and pasting like crazy!

Kim

A couple of pre-game reports via CV:

Just heard from OKCclayfan......he is wearing glasses, dark hair not real short, spikey on top..purple and white striped shirt..purple tie and a darkish colored suit.....glasses......yum!!

Toni7babe—very quick call from the Gala:

heard noisy excitement in the background:

Clay has glasses on, very spikey hair

Purple and white striped shirt

Steel blue grey suit

They saw Jaymes, Faye and his grandma

More later when she can

toni7babe:

Lady from Christie's Cookies just gave a speech and will be presenting him with a check for $10,000.

We won!!!

WILD CHEERS!!!

From GBB at the CH:

I should probably add that the head of Christie cookies flew in to make the announcement in person!

QUOTE (gareem @ Oct 17 2009, 02:58 PM)

toni7babe:

Lady from Christie's Cookies just gave a speech and presented him with a check for $10,000.

We won!!!

Via CV:

toni7babe:

They are just getting into the room—filling up nicely.

At a superb table—dead center, right in front of the stage, right up close. Hoping for pictures.

The Cookie lady made the speech in the VIP room (silver, gold, platinum people). Huge cheers—out of control. She was pretty surprised by all the cheering and excitement.

Huge stage set up in room—hasn’t been that way before. Professional lighting above the stage.

Jaymes is wearing a short black dress with black shawl. Faye and Grandmother there. Saw Brett and Clay’s long-time friend Cameron earlier.

From CV:

toni7babe

Linda Loveland did a brief intro.

Clay spoke a few minutes—opening, thanked volunteers, everybody for coming, never thought it would be this big.

He’s seated in front—Jaymes on one side and Jamie on the other side of him. Faye and her mother at another table up front.

Eating dinner—very nice meal.

Lighting in room very dark. Hoping when stage lights are on it will be better for pictures and clack.

At the tables they got a lovely gift box with a pin and a purse hanger.

God, this is so exciting!!!!

So happy about Cookie win--I'd fly in to give the award too. You'd better believe it.

from theclayway at CV:

Just some notes from the speech (hopefully correct) from CH cellstream:

Diane talked of the year's accomplishments:

During the last year they accommodated 5,000 children...

Trained 1800 new people for camps

Gave $million in grants

Spent over $million in programs

Received several awards for efficiency, etc.

Mentioned highest rating received from the rating service for non-profits

Listing many of the grants and awards received or those partnering with "National Inclusion Project"

Talking about Camp Shriver in Mass (Eunice Shriver's), who called the "Let's All Play" program "genius" and are reworking their own program to follow it.

Christie's Cookies just spoke and showed $10,000 check

Talking about new name changes for the different "National Inclusion Project" awards/honors, trophies and said Clay designed the new Champion's For Change trophy...won by "The Sparkle Effect" group (two high school cheerleaders in Iowa started it)

One of the girls speaking now...accepting award