#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

from theclayway at CV:

Just some notes from the speech (hopefully correct) from CH cellstream:

Diane talked of the year's accomplishments:

During the last year they accommodated 5,000 children...

Trained 1800 new people for camps

Gave $million in grants

Spent over $million in programs

Received several awards for efficiency, etc.

Mentioned highest rating received from the rating service for non-profits

Listing many of the grants and awards received or those partnering with "National Inclusion Project"

Talking about Camp Shriver in Mass (Eunice Shriver's), who called the "Let's All Play" program "genius" and are reworking their own program to follow it.

Christie's Cookies just spoke and showed $10,000 check

Talking about new name changes for the different "National Inclusion Project" awards/honors, trophies and said Clay designed the new Champion's For Change trophy...won by "The Sparkle Effect" group (two high school cheerleaders in Iowa started it)

One of the girls speaking now...accepting award

How awesome about the Christie Cookie win but also that their representative heard all this! :clap:

Caro :listen:

Great pictures, but I prefer his hair the way he has been wearing it, without so much on one side! However I am not complaining - he looks luscious. Very nice suit. Can't wait to hear him sing. They really are going all out this year with a band and professionsl lighting and big stage. When Jerome said we would get sick of him next year I hope that means that he already has some tv appearances booked etc. Not like OMWH where he said all the shows were already booked.

In August, I wrote a blog about the Gala Champions honorees. Here is some of what I had on Patrick Henry Hughes and his father:

When Patrick Henry Hughes was born in 1988, medical staff noticed physical anomalies diagnosed as bilateral anophthalmia with ptergyium syndrome and congenital bilateral hip dysplasia. He can neither see nor walk.

His father, Patrick John Hughes, introduced him to the piano at the age of nine months. Patrick has studied piano in the years since and later began the study of trumpet.

At the suggestion of Louisville's marching band director, Dr. Greg Byrne, Patrick Henry joined the marching band, playing trumpet while his father pushed him in his wheelchair through the marching routines.

There is an

video at YouTube.

Caro :listen:

The CV cellstream just went live and the auction is starting.

The signed guitar is up first. Sounds like Joe the auctioneer from prior years, so should be fun!

Clay said Ruben is "available" to add his signature to the guitar. Speculation: because he's there?

Guitar went for $2,200.

that jacket was not fugly :hahaha:

Hee - maybe that one wasn't, but there was another one that was. Might have been the next tour. I didn't go to either.

:cry4:

no I think I just have the same taste as Clay LOL.

ahh... 2010 baby.. the funny singing man will be back!

Oh, boy, here goes the dinner for 10 with Clay

What does the "fugly" jacket look like?

I don't know which one they were auctioning off. Clay wore a bunch of jackets that fans called fugly. I actually liked most of them. But there was one plaid one.......