#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

A completed studio recording of Back for More - an exclusive, never-to-be released version. Clay encouraged the winner to hang on to it and not share it as it would reduce the value. Yipes! A hard choice!

$23,000

$184,200 raised by the live auction tonight!! :04:

Clay is thanking everyone involved with The Project before the last song

A song Clay always wanted to do on Idol but never got a chance to do: Moon River. :cry4:

Bwah. I love that man.

But yay two of my favorite songs!!! And two songs I've never heard him sing before.. well Moon River is sitting somewhere in the ABC studio vault. Damn that Diane heee.

Loved how he jazzed up As Long As We're Here.

I would deeply appreciate for Clay to do a real full jazz album some day.

He did a great job tonight. I loved hearing his voice again.

He certainly knows how to overcome and triumph during difficult cirumstances.

I love his heart :wub:

Moon River was great too!

Thanks to all for a fun night of comments, recaps and fan excitement..

From the post-show cellcerter: Clay said "We'll see you next year. Well, before next year - we're in the studio."

Don't hold me to that transcript exactly, but that was the jist of it.

I'm going to call it a night and check for recaps and Clack early tomorrow. Night All!

Just back to the hotel. What a great night. Moon River was the Right Here Waiting of this gala for me. The gorgeous rendition, the softness of his voice, and just that he had to know how long we've been waiting to hear it, it was very special. I also LOVED My Eyes Adored You. I've always loved that song. As Long As We're Here and Grace Of God were of course great to hear as well, but you can really tell that he loves him some classic songs. And he mentioned something like "maybe this will be on the next album" in relation to Moon River. So that's a pretty big clue to what he might be recording, IMHO. Good for him. :)

The auction was fun. I was trying to figure out a way to 2nd mortgage my house to win the day with Clay. Seriously, can you imagine? He is going to drive the winner around Raleigh on a tour. OMG. That or the dinner. Seriously. I didn't win anything on the silent auction, either. They all went out of my miniscule price range so fast. Oh, to be rich. ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone at breakfast tomorrow!

ETA: Please God let the person who won the Back For More CD share it with the fandom. :insert praying emoticon:

I'm back at the hotel. I needed to get away from the madness at the Marriott to just absorb what I just saw and heard.

My jaw is still dragging the floor from Moon River. His voice was made for that song. Yes, it's a ballad. Yes, it's cheesy. Man, I loved it. I need to hear that version about 5,000 more times.

Grace of God was the obligatory "screw up" song, as he started to sing the first verse again as the second. The man cracks me up.

My Eyes Adored You was incredibly nice. IMO he put some real emotion in it, and I loved the entire thing.

couchie, As Long As We're Here was fantabulous. He rocked it out, and sang his ass off.

Yes, he did say he was in the studio. Didn't say much more than that though. However, I still think his saying that he was going to be singing songs that he really loves to sing, and then singing Moon River and My Eyes Adored You tells me a whole lot about how he sees himself as an artist.

Damn, I need a cigarette. And I don't smoke.

The auction was incredibly fun. I would have loved to have bid on something, but everything was too rich for my blood. I did, however, win a copy of the Spamalot folio/sheet music and an autographed collage of some of his UNICEF pictures (created by Cotton).

Time for some good dreams....

ldyj, wish you'd come to our room with us. We just replayed Moon River and it killed us all over again.

The wonderful... he sang every song that I wanted him to sing :thudmats4:

The fun... seeing everyone again after what seemed like ages :twinklewhore:

The shmoopie... did I already say how wonderful Moon River was? *sighs in contentment*

The sad... don't know when we'll hear him again until GFI

The oh so sad... so if he doesn't have it, then we won't see the Miami shirt of clingy goodnes ever again :cry4:

The impressive... all the honorees and how we always impress our corporate champions with the love and support in entire room

The very impressive... how well we did in a year when just about every non-profit is struggling -- Awesome!!!

The cute... I won a set of pretty quilt squares

The I wish... he'd remembered more of the lyrics of GOG, love that song and listen to it every day

The I wonder... who was singing harmony with him during MEAY

The happy... mimefan got audio of the entire evening (we're alternately playing our clack and each run leaves us too useless to do much else except hit the replay button)

The forever... he still has us, completely and always will. :claykiss:

*waves to everyone there, hope to see you at breakfast tomorrow!!!*

What a night between Lynda trying so hard to keep from crying after that young man sang his songs and they showed that very moving video and Diane Bubel about to cry describing all that they have accomplished over the years, there were definitely a few sniffles. The new NIP video is quite aggressive, IMO, describing how special needs children are missing opportunities because of people who don't contribute.

They appear to be on a roll with partnerships and accolades from many influential groups, one in particular is the camp in Mass named after Eunice Shriver. This camp said that the curriculum from NIP is genius and they are using it now. They plan on updating the curriculum, offering even more camps this year and give out more grants. I am concerned that people are going to be tapped out after a while and I really hope they can get more governmental and corporate grants. I am so amazed at all that volunteers have accomplished also.

I was in a group that had a Clay picture. He had his back turned when we walked in and was working on some paper while the photographer arranged us. Another good year as Clay stood right in back of me. He had no makeup on and his freckles were in glorious view. I didn't think he looked tired at all. He was just au naturale. The lighting was a very poor yellow tinged light on the stage and no one looked good. We didn't get a handshake this year, Claymatron, who is so sweet by the way, suggested that it might be because of H1N1. Jaymes was at the photo shoots but I didn't see her at dinner or anytime after. Kristie looked fantastic in a beautiful purple dress.

Clay's voice was so great. Moon River is perhaps my least favorite song in the world but Clay sang the shnitzle out of it (I have no idea what that means). My favorite was ALAWH. I love that song. My eyes adore you sounded like a different song the way that Clay sang it. I was sorry he messed up the words to GOG because it would have been nice to have a more bare bones version of it.

I won a print, it had a nice frame and two vacations in NC. One was three days in Bryson City. The other vacation was two nights and four dinners at Cherokee Resort. After I paid for them I was going to take it up to my room when this nice looking guy asked if he could help carry something for me. I thanked him and said no. As I walked he kept walking alongside me. So I made small talk and asked what he had won as he had a big package in his arms. He said that he hadn't won anything, the big package was mine and it was a silver case with poker chips. I had to laugh and told him neither my husband nor I had ever played poker. He insisted on carrying it into my room. He went into my room and started talking about how nice it was and wasn't I worried about him going into my room. I told him not at my age. I should have added that he was the one who should have been worried. Maybe I shouldn't be let out of my house. LOL

So a good time was had by all. I guess I should go to bed, but I'm not tired. Cha Cha invited me into the bar but I didn't take her up on it. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

fhnfkjgfnfbfjfmd.lfsvvmjtdgh vlf/v;fdf.......there are no words to describe this night! He was funny and cute and he sang one of my all time faves! Moon River!!!!! You could have heard a pin drop in the room. We were all holding our breath. We finally got to hear it and it was good. Ldyj pass me that cigarette when you're done!

We all looked fabulous.....I've got to say the FCA'ers all cleaned up pretty good!

Miss Scarlett, I love your categories. You missed your calling as a journalist or writer. Title-wise, you are running with "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "War and Peace" and "Sense and Sensibility". I think "The Sad and the Schmoopie" has a certain je ne sais quoi , don't you agree? *g*

Moon River has been lovingly on repeat for the past hour. I love the guitar interlude too, and the voice, as ever, is sublime.

that jacket was not fugly :hahaha:

I love that jacket. :wub:

Just checking in. Like ldyj, we just rushed off afterwards to get away from the crowds and absorb it all. The videos about the Project and describing the various honorees were wonderful. Hearing that young man sing, Patrick Henry ____, was great. Saw so many people, too many to name or have a chance to really talk to a fraction of them. Moon River was exquisite. Gotta get to bed soon so I can get up in the am and drive back to Raleigh for the breakfast. :04:

Description: 2009 Gala banter and ALAWH

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tn9tnp

Description: 2009 Gala banter and ALAWH

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tn9tnp