#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

:GM_FCA:

43 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:happybirthday05:merrieeee!

So far, the photo tourney has been a massive success, and here is yesterday's winner...

277258538.jpg

Now, next week, we'll start eliminating the winners from the first round. I'm sending out a mass email later this weekend with more details...

{{{{{{{family of K-na}}}}}}}

clayzy, that's cool about your "subtle" Clay Aiken plug. I swear, my desktop picture (me and Clay at the stagedoor last December) gets more conversations going than anything else...

*trundles back off to bed*

They wouldn't have been available from about Sept 15th last year to that date this year...apples are a fall fruit. :) Should be soon though, I'm betting they'll be later this year because of the lack of warm weather.

Hee, I do know that, I meant in the last year....the year before (when we went to Vegas) the honeycrisps were to die for.

Ahh, gotcha! I completely misunderstood. :lol:

It always amazes me (being a BC girl originally) when people don't seem to understand that fruit is seasonal....other than from Cali, all fruit is not available all year round! Grab it while it's in season! :)

I guess it comes from "stuff" (I won't call it fruit, cuz out of season IMO it's yucky junk) being in the grocery stores all the time, so people just don't always realize that that pear on the grocery shelf in November has been in someone's cold storage for almost 6 months....and therefore what it might taste like. :wacko:

Or....could be I'm the only one who cares! :hysterical:

That's one of the things I LOVE about Ontario...the availability of fresh fruit...I missed it SO bad on the prairies where nothing grows except wheat!

OK....back to topic :lol:

Thanks for the K-na message, gmb! I'm thrilled that's being disseminated...I know she would have loved that she is still helping.

Yep, the seasonal goodness of Ontario is something I appreciate, too. But I've never seen real local honeycrisps, they are always imported from somewhere else. There were some early local apples at the farmer's market recently called 'golden honeycrisps' but they definitely weren't the real thing. I ended up making applesauce with them, LOL. They were mushy.

Sorry to hear about K-Na, although I did not know her. {{{gmb and all who knew her}}}

clayzy, it sounds like you had your August calendar up a few days into September. Hee, so did I, but I love cindilu2's new September one!

clayzy, it sounds like you had your August calendar up a few days into September. Hee, so did I, but I love cindilu2's new September one!

Yeah, I'm usually a few days late getting the new ones. It did, however, remind me to do so, so now I have September's up! :BlowKiss: to cindilu2

Yep, the seasonal goodness of Ontario is something I appreciate, too. But I've never seen real local honeycrisps, they are always imported from somewhere else. There were some early local apples at the farmer's market recently called 'golden honeycrisps' but they definitely weren't the real thing. I ended up making applesauce with them, LOL. They were mushy.

I got local ones from the market just at the entrance to North Bay from the south side....and from the Algoma market in Whitby...both of which might be a little out of the way for you! :lol:

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Hee, just a tad out of the way, but thanks. ;)

OK, O/T, but anyone who has peeked in at my foodie blog will understand my excitement...I got myself added to a blogroll here. It's a site dedicated to cooking blogs, for people who attempt to cook their way through a certain cookbook. Shades of Julie/Julia. :whistling-1:

OK, O/T, but anyone who has peeked in at my foodie blog will understand my excitement...I got myself added to a blogroll here. It's a site dedicated to cooking blogs, for people who attempt to cook their way through a certain cookbook. Shades of Julie/Julia. :whistling-1:

Congratulations...how great to be recognized by your Cooking through the Cookbooks peers.

During my everyday life I get reminders of Clay. I hear a song on the radio or in a store that he has sung, being sung by someone else and think of him. Read something about UNICEF and relate it to his work with UNICEF. I think you know what I mean.

So yesterday I am in Costco for the first time in months and walking thru the television section with all its huge flat screens and on everyone of them there is James Taylor singing..yep..and I don't even know if it is one of the songs that Clay has sung in concert but it still reminds me of young Clay on his Solo tour. And there I am with probably a goofy grin on my face, pushing my cart through the aisles dreaming of the time I will see him again and wondering when he will be on concert tour again and just off in another world..Clay world.

And here I am sitting in my nightie after 1000am writing this instead of taking advantage of the weather and getting some gardening done. Obsession? Oh yes.

On another note, I am still looking for an appropriate dress to wear to the Gala. I do not like clothes shopping but I have been to so many stores and have found nothing, nada that I like and that's before even considering the price. The colours in the stores!! Red and purple which I can't wear and black, black , black. Dull, dull, dull! I hate that once again that the fashion world is offering such a narrow range of colours for the season.

Congratulations, luckiest1! You're also in the middle of my Clay Aiken Spotlight Blogroll. :lol:

Happy Birthday, merrieeee! :bdayparty2:

Happy Labor Day Weekend, all! :dancingbanana:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by sometime: Carolina On My Mind

VOTE for Clay at Tweeterwall: Ultimate World Idol

yum honeycrisps -- I love them but they are like 3 times as much as a normal apple. gala will have to do this year.

Reminds me of my favorite Pink Lady apples. Very expensive and rarely available! :(

:04: Happy Birthday merrieee :whee:

Please click to read Clay's speshul meassage to YOU!

Congrats!! Did Julie/Julia just inspire everyone to cook or has that site been around for a while. When I saw the movie I was inspired to go out to dinner at a restaurant. Julia's recipes looked way to complicated for this microwave girl :lol:

merrieeee, :pushingcake:

Happy Birthday Merieeee :)

Is anyone going to the David & Friends concert? Just read Ruben joined the tour for I believe 10 shows

http://www.davidfoster.com/news/2009/08/26...dates-announced

On another note, I am still looking for an appropriate dress to wear to the Gala. I do not like clothes shopping but I have been to so many stores and have found nothing, nada that I like and that's before even considering the price. The colours in the stores!! Red and purple which I can't wear and black, black , black. Dull, dull, dull! I hate that once again that the fashion world is offering such a narrow range of colours for the season.

I just got back from my clothes shopping trip for the Gala -- found a wonderful, multi-colored Oriental style jacket from Chicos. I have a pair of their traveler pants to wear it with (I bought them 5 years ago, when I went to the Atlanta JNT shows). All I need now is shoes and a bag. Oh, and jewelry.

Congrats luckiest1 on the blogroll. This recession really sucks, but there's one thing that I'm glad about it, and that it is almost forcing people to learn how to cook! It's so much cheaper to cook, and so much healthier too. tribeca, Julia Child's stuff can be pretty complicated, but there are lots of cookbooks out there for the beginning cook that would give you the basics. "The Joy of Cooking" is quite good.

I love having a day off....

merrieeee...

:bdayparty2::bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

luckiest.... congrats! How fun!

Chicos is great for fancyish colorful tops.

Sorry about Krystyna. She was a special person from what I read.

clazy... fantastic about your screensaver bringing Clay to mind. Good work!

My boss saw my Decca Clay picture on my screen and made the remark at how much he had grown up... in other words how manly he looked. Yes, indeedy!!!

:Iluvclaysbutt: Ha! I accidentally hit the button for that emoticon before I even starting typing, but then realized it's quite appropriate for my purpose, which is to say to merrieee

:happybirthday05: and

:large-smiley-003:

And on a sad note, we just adopted a gorgeous orange tabby cat from our local shelter less than two weeks ago and last night he found a weak screen in one of the windows and got out. He's lost with no collar or license because I had an appointment for this afternoon to get his shots and then his license and tags...I'm putting up posters all around our area, but I'm afraid that since he's still kind of skittish and scared and hasn't yet gotten the sense that he has a real home, he's going to be hard to find. Wish us luck. (Poor Carrie doesn't know yet...she went to school in a hurry and very early this morning before anyone knew Simba was even gone.)

Hope Simba comes back, Muski! One of my two cats got out a while back and I didn't have much hope that he would come back since he'd never been out before and I figured he'd get lost, but there he was at the screen door a little while later.

Happy Birthday, merrieeee!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GIRL MERRIEEEE

ikt5.jpg

2006_AMA11-1.jpg

ama06-06.jpg

ama06-05.jpg

So how does OMWH sound in that snazzy new car? And when do I get to find out for myself? (Well, not until the flu gets out of my house.)

Oh yes, it wasn't enough to have back pain and sciatica and plumbing problems and parents issues this week -- my son and granddaughter are running high fevers with horrible coughs and congestion. The doctor took nose swabs to test for the flu. My granddaughter is in the 4th grade and out of a class of 22, there were 8 present Wednesday, when she had to go home with fever and left only 7. I wonder if there are ANY kids still healthy in that class.

Anyway, I'll be near the computer this weekend, and playing nurse at home since my DIL The Nurse is working. And ... I won't be having fun with my buddies as originally planned and eating barbecue and the best Tex-Mex in the world and splashing around at the Schlitterbahn, but I guess it comes with the territory of being ..... well, I won't say how old. Only Merrieeee knows, Ha!, 'cause I'll be catching up with her next month.

BitchPlease.jpg

Merrieeee, happy, happy birthday! :happybirthday04:

muskifest--forgive me if I've asked this before, but where does your avatar come from??

keepingfaith, you hang in there, that Tex-Mex will be around long after all the flu bugs are gone, right?

I'm back in Denmark after 6 weeks in Halifax. Got the dog safely imported and all is well....except while I was home I got the lame brained idea that I was going to sew something to wear to the gala! So I came back here armed to the teeth with patterns, fabric, new pins and needles, and a lot of enthusiasm for the project. But.........as for sewing clothes for myself....it's been a while. Wish me luck. Right now I'm warming up on the dining room curtains. (As in if the original plan doesn't work out I can always remake those into a fetching dress with matching bonnet.) OY!

And before the day ends for me, Happy Birthday to merrieeee!!!

:happybirthday04:

muski... I'm throwing all kinds of positive energy your and Simba's direction. She's so pretty!

Can you put her dish outside the window she escaped from?

Crossing everything I got that you find her.

kareneh... good luck on your dress! The scariest thing is getting started!