#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Oh, muskifest I'm so sorry about your Simba! I didn't even see your post about him when I replied before. He's so pretty--I do hope those stripes help him get back home!

I just have to say that viewing Clay Aiken message boards on a tiny screen does.not.work!!!.....all that scrolling... aaaargh!.... and especially the part where you need to choose between looking at the banner or at actual content....eeeep....how to choose?!!!

So....I went and saw the new movie "All About Steve" tonight with cindilu2. It's being trashed pretty bad by reviewers, with good reason. It's one of those movies that's so bad, it's almost good, if you know what I mean. Anyways, imagine our shock and surprise when there was a Clay mention. How often does that happen? I mean, I know his name tends to get thrown around quite a bit, usually as the butt of a joke, but not before "we" know about it! So it was pretty cool.....it kind of made the $9 admission worthwhile, anyways. ;)

It was a scene where Sandra Bullock and a couple of others were driving around in a '76 Gremlin. The one guy makes these shrunken apple heads and sells them on the internet. He shows them one of his biggest sellers..........a likeness of Mother Theresa. The girl pulls a different one out, with I guess what was supposed to be spiky hair, and says 'Clay Aiken!' We howled. I doubt anyone else in the theatre really thought much of it, but it made our night. :cryingwlaughter:

From CV:

Tyra Banks Has Morning Breath and Clay Aiken Has Fresh Breath!

Tyra Banks admitted herself that she has a problem with morning breath on her show, The Tyra Banks Show. Although she flosses, brushes with an electric toothbrush, uses a “strong cinnamon flavored” mouthwash and a tongue scraper, she still says she has bad breath in the morning. She also discussed tongue scrapers and how they help get extra bacteria out of one’s mouth.

Tyra also mentioned that someone who has very fresh-smelling breath is Clay Aiken. His “good breath” is one of the reasons that Tyra had one of her most fun interviews on the show with him.

And the picture included is...

tyra_banks.jpg

See, I can't get away from posting pictures anymore! But you're not voting this time!

From CV:

Tyra Banks Has Morning Breath and Clay Aiken Has Fresh Breath!

Tyra Banks admitted herself that she has a problem with morning breath on her show, The Tyra Banks Show. Although she flosses, brushes with an electric toothbrush, uses a “strong cinnamon flavored” mouthwash and a tongue scraper, she still says she has bad breath in the morning. She also discussed tongue scrapers and how they help get extra bacteria out of one’s mouth.

Tyra also mentioned that someone who has very fresh-smelling breath is Clay Aiken. His “good breath” is one of the reasons that Tyra had one of her most fun interviews on the show with him.

And the picture included is...

tyra_banks.jpg

See, I can't get away from posting pictures anymore! But you're not voting this time!

I don't care. I'm voting for it anyway. ;)

Have a great day.

the person who didn't show up until 5 hours ago wants to say "San Antonio or bust".

Of course, since it's only San Antonio, I'm not sure why.

And yes, we are going 124 miles to get barbecue first. Because we're Texans. And we roll like that.

8 am barbeque is important.

:GM_FCA:

42 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

So....I went and saw the new movie "All About Steve" tonight with cindilu2. It's being trashed pretty bad by reviewers, with good reason. It's one of those movies that's so bad, it's almost good, if you know what I mean. Anyways, imagine our shock and surprise when there was a Clay mention. How often does that happen? I mean, I know his name tends to get thrown around quite a bit, usually as the butt of a joke, but not before "we" know about it! So it was pretty cool.....it kind of made the $9 admission worthwhile, anyways. ;)

It was a scene where Sandra Bullock and a couple of others were driving around in a '76 Gremlin. The one guy makes these shrunken apple heads and sells them on the internet. He shows them one of his biggest sellers..........a likeness of Mother Theresa. The girl pulls a different one out, with I guess what was supposed to be spiky hair, and says 'Clay Aiken!' We howled. I doubt anyone else in the theatre really thought much of it, but it made our night. :cryingwlaughter:

Heheh, this was so far beyond surreal. First random!Clay!moment! for me in six years. Clay and Mother Theresa, omfg. :cryingwlaughter:

This movie though? On the way out of the theatre we were trying to decide if it was so bad it was good. But nope, just so bad. Oh boy, I hope Sandra got paid lots and lots of money, cuz really, your soul should be worth something. On another note, Bradley Cooper is adorable.

Clayzy, flove the calendar story. Did anybody wonder about the 'numbers' on the face of the clock? Heh, if they though he looked different there, they oughta see him in this month's.

muski, very sorry to read about your kitty. I hope he finds his way home.

Belated, but sincere :happybirthday04: to merrieeee!

Good morning FCA.

There is nothing like a grey, cold and rainy first day of the last long weekend of the summer to say that the end of summer is here. Granted we really need the rain but damn it, not the last long weekend.

Enuf of that.

This morning the CANN has which is your favourite Clay in stripes photo. I recognize all but #2. Can someone tell me when and on what occasion it was taken?

Clay in Stripes

Lotus, I remember seeing that outfit, but I sure can't remember where. And I think we've seen the sweater with other outfits...

_____

Saw this on Openly Clay, but I think it's making the rounds, it's time to post it here. It's another very nice tribute to K-Na from an Omaha news station, and it talks quite a bit about her love of Clay. The whole piece is set to BYLM. (There is a brief ad before the piece...)

Remembering Khrystyna

*sob*

_____

And..um...I'm going to sneak this in...

Happy birthday Reed!

Lotus, I remember seeing that outfit, but I sure can't remember where. And I think we've seen the sweater with other outfits...

_____

Saw this on Openly Clay, but I think it's making the rounds, it's time to post it here. It's another very nice tribute to K-Na from an Omaha news station, and it talks quite a bit about her love of Clay. The whole piece is set to BYLM. (There is a brief ad before the piece...)

Remembering Khrystyna

*sob*

And..um...I'm going to sneak this in...

Happy birthday Reed!

Well that made me cry! Especially the part where Clay adjusted her glasses! So Clay! And didn't he sound wonderful. She was a sweet girl, and I remember her very well and the numerous pictures of her with Clay. I was so glad that she was able to meet him so many times. May she rest in peace.

I haven't been able to log in here for months. Don't know why. I get the emails and tried using that link but it wouldn't work and the link on my favourites wouldn't work either. Just said URL not found. However finally made it today! Yey! And look at all the good stuff I have been missing! All these gorgeous pictures and giffs! I am going to spend most of today at the Goldarngirl Luckiest1 Productions. How cool is that!

Merrieeee How ever did I miss you birthday! So sorry luv - I hope you had a wonderful day and congratulations on that fabulous new car. I hope your husband is still feeling good!

muskifest I hope that Simba finds his way home. It is devestating to lose a pet and he didn't get used to his nw home yet, what a shame.

Good morning FCA.

There is nothing like a grey, cold and rainy first day of the last long weekend of the summer to say that the end of summer is here. Granted we really need the rain but damn it, not the last long weekend.

Enuf of that.

This morning the CANN has which is your favourite Clay in stripes photo. I recognize all but #2. Can someone tell me when and on what occasion it was taken?

Clay in Stripes

Looks like Solo tour and I think It says Carowinds on the bottom which means probably in NC.

I am sure someone else can be more definite.

Kim

Remembering Khrystyna

*sob*

Wow, ldyj thanks for bringing that over! I've seen a number of pieces on K-na, but that one is really excellent. I hope that's the one they're using on the Telethon.

Remembering Khrystyna

*sob*

Wow, ldyj thanks for bringing that over! I've seen a number of pieces on K-na, but that one is really excellent. I hope that's the one they're using on the Telethon.

I want to share with all of you "Because You Loved Me" was K-na's favorite song, so it is fitting that it was set to that. I hope that MDA gets a lot of donations this weekend. That, and the National Inclusion Project, were her passions. And Clay, of course.:) She was an angel. And she is already missed. One of her best friends, another Clay fan who also has MD, is just bereft. And K-na's death also made those of us with disabilities keenly aware of the threat H1N1 can pose. We'd heard it before, but this brought it home to us in a major way.

I had some qualms about inviting NIP donations, but I was asked to do it by a group of other friends, including one who also has MD. As they said "it is what K-na would have wanted."

Just swinging by quickly to post some bbq pictures and report that we made it to San Antonio (KAndre, Solo, PerusingOne and I).

3889990046_344e2b4fb1.jpg

3889241405_e6ac477422.jpg

3890351308_de11514235.jpg

The day's going well so far. By 11:30 we'd hit the best bbq in Texas and had some of the best ice cream too (well, we went through Brenham and the Bluebell factory wasn't open yet so we didn't get to do the tour but we bought some after breakfast)

Off to show PerusingOne the Alamo....

georgiesmb, when someone has given so much in such a short life, some may want to give a few dollars in her honor, so don't worry about it. I have never met her but it's my loss. Excellent video by the tv station.

Scarlett, looks like fun. I'd love some BBQ right about now. Hope the EHP has a great time.

:GA_FCA: Late afternoon...still counts, right? I love this emoticon.

I realize my posts this week have been a bit one note. Sorry, tough week. I am working on getting my happy on so just wanted to post something fun. :rainbowsmile:

:nature-smiley-014: :nature-smiley-014: :nature-smiley-014:

If Ive mised any birthdays lately, belated happy birthday wishes. And no...I won't say the obvious about one of today's b-days, even though it's the perfect set-up...and it would be sooo easy :naughtywag:

{{{Muski & kitty}}}

Ldyjocelyn, I have enjoyed the photo contest so much- fab job! Thanks so much for that gorgeous idea! Hey I've even voted...and I am not much of a voting person. There were a few days I couldn't decide and wanted to wait and ponder a bit...and then waited too long. Which indicates either: 1. I am too indecisive or 2. Someone really did a bang up job choosing the photos. Or maybe a bit of both options. Hmmmm...Let me think on it and get back to you. :hysterical:

Hope everyone at FCA is having a great weekend, whether a holiday weekend here in the States, or "just a weekend" somewhere else around the globe!

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features a look back at Clay's 2003 MDA Telethon performance with Aspiegirl's BOTW montage, the intro by Jerry Lewis, and a graphic by cindilu2. The entry also includes a segment and video about Khrystyna, as well as World Idol poll updates. Clay is currently in second place (nothing new!); but earlier this week, he moved from #40 to #2 when fans began to mobilize.

A World Idol voting link is placed front and center under the main headline, so I hope you -- and your voting skills from the past -- will join us every 20 minutes: Ultimate World Idol Poll.

Georgiesmybaby, please pass along this link to K-Na's other boards, family, and friends. Btw, I need a picture of K-Na to post with the OFC blog if anyone has one. Many thnx!

Happy Birthday to Claysmelody! :bdayparty2:

Y'all have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! :dancingbanana:

Caro :listen:

georgiesmybaby, thanks for the compliment on the photo tourney (and to all the rest of you who have enjoyed the game...so far...). I'm still trying to decide what exactly will be happening when the tourney starts up again on Tuesday. Will there be more people like you, who won't be able to decide, and then stop voting? Or will more people show up to edge a picture toward winning? Who knows!

The CH is having their "first Saturday" picturefest, and dancermom2 just posted this beauty, which I don't think I've ever seen before. Maybe even merrieeee might like this angle...

beautifulmyfav.jpg

The CH is having their "first Saturday" picturefest, and dancermom2 just posted this beauty, which I don't think I've ever seen before. Maybe even merrieeee might like this angle...

beautifulmyfav.jpg

As a proudly professed profile enthusiast, this has been a favorite of mine for quite a while. It's a work of art, the way the lighting highlights the planes and angles of his perfectly handsome features..... :flirtysmile3:

Wishing a very

:happybirthday04:

to merrieeee and ausdon!