All the little birdies on Aiken Street love to hear the Robin goin' tweet-tweet-tweet

jmh123

March 17

Marlee Matlin started with this:

Watching @cnni here in Cambodia and agree with my friend @clayaiken about intolerance. The best response is often "Bless their hearts."

Then this:

PS @clayaiken you should join us on a mission with @starkeycares too! They do great work that's right up your alley. pic.twitter.com/6bVqsTYlly

Clay answered:

@MarleeMatlin @starkeycares I'd love to Marlee. Lets figure out how I can help!

March 30

Screw the Indiana BS! Inequality like this is the biggest problem in America! Guess I'm done with #Wyndham hotels. http://www.washingto...ses-her-job/…

A bit of a "twitter war" regarding this tweet...

Chris Duehring @chrisduehring

@clayaiken maybe..just MAYBE you should've read the law..BEFORE you commented on it..#jackboothypocrites

Clay Aiken

@clayaiken

@chrisduehring maybe you should have read the article. #regulardumbass

@clayaiken lol...article vs. the law itself...who's the slobbering #dumbass now Clay?

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

@chrisduehring considering you still haven't read the article I posted to see that it has nothing to do with Indiana, I'd say it's still you

@clayaiken funny thing is...nobody gives two shits what you might think Clay...and you've STILL not read the law. @washedupsinger #whines

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

@chrisduehring well, I appreciate that you're following me.

@clayaiken following..nah. Amused...clearly. you and your gay jackboots...may want to read the laws...you amuse those of us who do. #whiner

March 31

This deserves a letter/email/phone call campaign. Special needs son not allowed to wear letter jacket via @ABC11_WTVD abc11.com/sports/mom-spe…
#disappointing -- After asking special needs student to remove letter jacket, principal defends his actions washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-le…

April 4

A retweet from the Esquire Network:

.@thedailybeast on why it's time to take @clayaiken seriously: esq.tv/1NNxuK2 Documentary series #TheRunnerUp premieres TUE 10|9c.

Then this tweet:

As much as it pains me to say it... She's got a point @tim_cook. She's got a point! Carly Fiorina Slams Tim Cook. huff.to/1BZ9UlV

This started two different conversations, the first with KeithRawks:

@clayaiken Does she object to Hobby Lobby doing business w China whr abortion is legal?

Clay's reply:

@KeithRawks that's a very good point. Not saying EVERYTHING she said is accurate. But there is homophobia in too many places.

The other one with this comment from astudyinscarlet:

@clayaiken @tim_cook It's deflection. True in the extremely broad sense that every corporation should examine, but used as deflection here.

Clay's reply:

@astudyinscarlet @tim_cook You are right! But there are human rights atrocities in other countries that we shouldn't turn a blind eye to!

Retweet from FredBronson:

.@RubenStuddard @clayaiken @KimberleyLocke 12 years ago today, the Idols visit the #billboard office.

April 6

Retweet from Holly Robinson Peete:

My heart aches 4 Kenya1f494.png147 young souls massacred Where's the global outcry? Warning GRAPHIC: instagram.com/p/1HiqQZEctR/ pic.twitter.com/odJW4LG6mj

CB6LtWeUsAAi1rx_zpskvgym4ql.jpg

Retweet from Jenny McCarthy:

Tune in @SiriusXMStars ch109! #DSF starts in 15 mins & I've got guest @clayaiken! Also taking your calls about this: tinyurl.com/p7bx7ry
Congrats #BlueDevils You make #NCProud once again! And congrats #CoachK on Number 5!
#OneShiningMoment is perhaps the best part of the tournament every year! #LongLiveLuther

April 7

#madeofsteel Clay Aiken on a Second Run for Office: ‘I Think It’ll Happen’ | TIME time.com/3750959/clay-a…
My dear friend @AllisonGlock and her husband @RealTCooper are out today with a powerful book for youth @WeChangers amazon.com/Changers-Book-…
You have never seen Clay Aiken like this: The Runner-Up is amazing TV | RealityBlurred.com realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015…

Read these in reverse order to get them chronological; it was just easier for me to copy and paste that way.

Two retweets from the Esquire Network, who was live tweeting the first episode of The Runner-Up:

"You get pigeon-holed in the public eye... people think you can do only one thing" -@clayaiken #TheRunnerUp pic.twitter.com/Dz4VR5W1T0

CCCNl3zWAAICpzH_zpsjrjthzhx.jpg

Run, Clay, run. Our all-access look at the Congressional campaign of @clayaiken STARTS NOW 10|9c on #TheRunnerUp. pic.twitter.com/XenMuFseJV

CCCM5cBWMAA83WM_zpsuxpm8b1s.jpg

Retweet from JayzenPatria:

Getting ready for the live viewing party of #TheRunnerUp on Esquire Net! (at @MattitosTexMex) swarmapp.com/c/lDrdcJu01K4 pic.twitter.com/xJAcO3DB44

CCCEDinWgAAnuiM_zpsobbewyqt.jpg

Another retweet from the Esquire Network:

"There are people in my district... who are being ignored." -@clayaiken #TheRunnerUp pic.twitter.com/z1lf0hnprX

CCCO9nTXIAEmZOZ_zpszzsbmxlj.jpg

Retweet from netouhey:

Facing a possible re-run against @clayaiken Boehner-allied group runs ads for @RepReneeEllmers via @McClatchyDC mcclatchydc.com/2015/03/06/258

Retweet from RafaMiami:

@ESQTV @clayaiken Run Clay. Run Clay. We need more regular citizens to be in Office. Harry Truman sold hats! Kick Ass and take names!

Retweet from mguncc

@clayaiken Watching #TheRunnerUp, you make me proud as a fellow UNCC alum and fellow North Carolinian, #PleaseRunAgainIn2016

April 8

CCE6UNWW0AANRq7_zpsgpdvl0dt.jpg

Retweet from JoyceFinnerin:

@clayaiken I hope you inspire average people to run against the incumbant. We need more people, for the people & not for Politics.
Worth reading and frightening. #whatif? Here's A News Report We'd Be Reading If Walter Scott Killing Wasn't On Video huff.to/1Cfqi1X
I'm not sure this is true, because I LOVE grilled cheese! 1f633.png Grilled Cheese Lovers Have More Sex & Are Better People huff.to/1Nar1fi

keala064 replied to him with this:

@clayaiken How do you like yours? I like my grilled cheese with BBQ chips and baby dill pickles... YUM!

Clay's reply:

@seala064 American cheese with a little swirl of yellow mustard

April 9

When pressure fades results do too! It's time to allow our vets to seek healthcare wherever they choose! huff.to/1Ndof8S
Good for #Apple - Out today with a brand new inclusive set of emojis! #emojiequalityforall

CCKpM0gWIAA87U-_zpsxsrdp5jz.jpg

Conversation following that tweet:

Elroy Hammons ‏@elueroy 10m10 minutes ago

@clayaiken What's up with the Emoji families, they're all kinda, sorta off white? No multi-cultural families to choose from?

Jackk Carson ‏@JackkGoesWilde now

@elueroy they're yellow you idiot

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken 2m2 minutes ago

@elueroy after you click on the Emoji, a window pops up where you can choose the race also. Pretty cool.

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken 36s36 seconds ago

@JackkGoesWilde @elueroy wow with the name calling! 1f612.png#wasalegitimatequestion

John Grist @JohnG500

@clayaiken yes for individuals but not the couple. Still awesome. ;)

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

@JohnG500 oh damn. Didn't notice that. Guess I have no reason to use the couple Emoji. Ha ha. Well, it's a step in the right direction

Esquire Network - Watch Full Episodes | Esquire Network | Run Clay, Run! tv.esquire.com/now/the-runner…
Gerrymandering congressional districts just wasn't enough for North Carolina Republicans m.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/…

April 10

Imma need to stay on this diet! pic.twitter.com/ILLyRsASuQ

CCPl4gKUwAAJE7t_zpswh9nn85g.jpg

THIS is good eatin! Awesome as always @ClydeCoopersBBQ pic.twitter.com/4NAnqKpmpM

CCP_PyBW0AA0Tmu_zps29w8eecm.jpg

Tweet from elle_dee_cee:

what exactly is it.....? @clayaiken @ClydeCoopersBBQ

Clay's reply:

Retweet from The New Republic:

Ted Cruz said #Obamacare would cripple economic recovery. Instead, this happened: on.tnr.com/1I019Mt pic.twitter.com/SnSIlmh9WX

CCQFLDQW0AEFhWv_zpsql51ezbn.jpg

Retweet from Jessica Banov, editor of The Cary News:

ICYMI @clayaiken documentary on @ESQTV offers fascinating behind-the-scenes look at his campaign + glimpses of #cary bit.ly/1D2Tv2u

Larry Flick (radio guy, interview earlier this week) tweeted this:

@clayaiken Can't wait to dig into another great conversation. Congrats on the show... and all that great things you're making happen. x

Clay replied:

@LarryFlick lemme know when!
Happy #NationalSiblingsDay to my baby brother (and a brand new father) Brett pic.twitter.com/ZU5ugpR9sQ

CCRSn_tWIAAf-nt_zpsk72l7zu4.jpg

April 11

Just hours after being rinsed clean by rain! #pollen

CCUkheoWAAAti5Q_zpsco5qq092.jpg

Retweet from RSchommer13:

I definitely like @clayaiken as a politician more than I did as an American Idol.
Third of Yemen fighters are children: UNICEF klou.tt/18eswta2nk938
#sweetmercifulLord #WhatTheFox Fox News Reporter Desperately Try To Defend Cop Who Killed Unarmed Black Man klou.tt/eo54v3xhhtls

April 12

.@HillaryClinton, I love you. But why are you the stiffest and most scripted looking person in this video? #loosenup youtu.be/0uY7gLZDmn4
Let me be clear! I LOVE @HillaryClinton. I am so excited she is running. But the GOP has some CRAZY ... tmi.me/1f2QjO

The full tweet:

Let me be clear! I LOVE @HillaryClinton. I am so excited she is running. But the GOP has some CRAZY candidates who come across as folksy (though insane) and I want her to beat them on EVERY front. Americans vote for who they feel can relate to (B. Clinton, GW Bush, Obama) there's nothing wrong with challenging those we love.

Retweet from Fantasia Barrino:

Baby.. I'll hold on... When I'm standing on my last leg.. When they talked about me like a DOG!!… instagram.com/p/1Y85RhtT6S/

2015-04-12_1944_zpsp9qqjjag.png

April 13

I am SO my own man! My mom shops at @kroger. I’m a @HarrisTeeter guy! 1f60b.3b5f165624.png
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela
This may very well be the most amazing well written headline I have ever read! #yeezuswept entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/04/13/kan…
$$$ in politics is whats completely screwing this country. The #1 cause of shitty government. bit.ly/1DHE6Ix pic.twitter.com/992E0TwMeN

CCR58EsUgAAfgU3_zpsul0yfjtp.jpg

“The person who says something is impossible shouldn’t interrupt the person who is doing it.”
I'd b totally cool with that! RT @politico: Is Hillary Running for Bill’s 3rd Term? politi.co/1O4HGfh | AP photo pic.twitter.com/fv5MDf04Z5

CCZ3oRpWIAETKvJ_zpsjffryuj5.jpg

Retweet from the Esquire Network:

.@clayaiken takes on #TeaParty favorite @RepReneeEllmers in a televised debate: esq.tv/1IBiNcF Watch #TheRunnerUp TUESDAYS 10|9c.

ericamanny tweeted:

What!!!!! I thought what we had was real @clayaiken!!!!!! :-( pic.twitter.com/BGoS1diuAh

Clay's reply:

@ericamanny love is stronger than an overloaded twitter account! 1f60b.3b5f165624.png2764.bf1a6b5ddb.png

Retweet from clare_teti:

Just watched the 1st episode of @ESQTV's #TheRunnerUp. @clayaiken, you are amazing and I wish I could've voted for you. #wv4clay #teacher

April 14

If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. RT @Mark54979066: @clayaiken fuck you! You're a jackass fag!

claraAcp tweeted:

@clayaiken I'm feeling like im having quarter-life crisis so i'm tweeting you to feel like a young fangirl again :/

Clay replied:

@ClaraAcp we're only as old as we feel! 1f609.bba9c20e16.png

Retweet from Al Jazeera America:

Opinion: We shouldn’t have needed YouTube to recognize racist police violence alj.am/1DCYbO7 via @ChrChristensen
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
This is an AMAZING SHOT. But I'll have nightmares now! - Photographer Who Took This Picture Barely Escaped With Life http://buff.ly/1aYmo74

proxy_zpsob95eyyv.jpg

This is genuinely the BEST thing I've heard from a presidential candidate ... Maybe ever! buff.ly/1NE61Od
#TheRunnerUp is an @latimes Critic's Pick: esq.tv/1ykFf6p @ESQTV's all-access look at @clayaiken's run for Congress TONIGHT 10|9c.
.@clayaiken takes on #TeaParty favorite @RepReneeEllmers in a televised debate: esq.tv/1IBiNcF Watch #TheRunnerUp TONIGHT 10|9c.