#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Interested in seeing Sam Rubin, anchor at KTLA, go after PH? It's a goodie! Huffington Post has the video here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/08/k...h_n_384622.html

Here's a tease with the concluding remarks:

The KTLA Morning News and yours truly have been here long before Perez Hilton upchucked his way on to the scene, and we will be here long after he slithers away.

Maybe "the turning" has begun. We've had too many tabloid years now, too much talentless crap shoved at us. And while it's not over yet, maybe marketing fakes, and tacky self-promotion actually do have a shelf life.

Interested in seeing Sam Rubin, anchor at KTLA, go after PH? It's a goodie! Huffington Post has the video here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/08/k...h_n_384622.html

Here's a tease with the concluding remarks:

The KTLA Morning News and yours truly have been here long before Perez Hilton upchucked his way on to the scene, and we will be here long after he slithers away.

Maybe "the turning" has begun. We've had too many tabloid years now, too much talentless crap shoved at us. And while it's not over yet, maybe marketing fakes, and tacky self-promotion actually do have a shelf life.

Oh YES!! Thanks for posting this. I did so enjoy the video about that "talentless dope".

I guess I've missed this controversy til now. But my first blush reaction is ... I don't get why this is a controversy.

I found a link to Clay's voter records from 2004 way back at the beginning of my fandom, which was 2006. Clay was on record as voting in every municipal election in Raleigh and every state and national election in Wake County in 2003-04. He was mostly voting absentee, because he was living in California at the time. Did no one object to that at the courthouse? Wasn't he well known there? Wouldn't they know he was living in California? And wasn't he living in NY during most of 2008? Voting under the address of the home he grew up in has been a constant all these years, and he established a precedent in the community. The people going after Clay on this are really showing their asses.

Do you have any contacts, say at a store at union square or one of the malls? I think that between all of us (sorry if I'm volunteering everyone) we could do a WFI -- at the minimum with 3 of us and with some luck maybe 5-7. (Claylove, what's the usual number and process for arranging one?) I promise to stick to conventional styles of wrapping and traditional paper, really I will!!! *pinky swear* I'll also be in the area Sunday morning or afternoon, if that works better for you.

Hi Claylove! Thanks for the info. Yes, that's what I meant by the bolded part in my earliest note. Good to know.

It's been 2 years now since I was excitedly preparing to travel to Minneapolis to attend 2 Clay Christmas concerts.

I am sad that this year I won't be having the pleasure of hearing cell certs, reading eeeing posts, downloading and watching videos and collecting all those beautiful pictures of Clay.

On the other hand, it will mean less time on the computer and more devoted to getting ready for Christmas.

I'd rather have the excitement.

BWAH! OMG I have to admit to being surprised but not shocked by the Tiger Woods stuff. What a DOG! I'm not sure yet what is true and what is tabloid and what just sounds about right but there is not only smoke but a raging fire. I'm not one to be judgemental and I'm sure as a golfer I'll still root for him to smash all existing records but DAMN his wife must be thinking karma is getting him right where he lives. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

It's been 2 years now siClay Christmas concert had there been a tour this year, I still am sad that I won't be having the pleasure of hearing cell certs, reading eeeing posts, downloading and watching videos and collecting all those beautiful pictures of Clay.

Me too, If those 20 mistresses are true, he should have kept his thing in his pants. Being famous he can't keep secrets forever. I'll wait for the real truth to come out since I don't know what's true and what's fake.

If Tiger Woods had a reputation as a womanizer such as Jack Nicholson for example, then this would have been a non story. But this is a story about hypocrisy: pretending to be one thing -- profiting from it -- and behaving otherwise.

Catching a Tiger by his Hypocritical Tail

Tiger Woods, golf's alpha dog, is currently in the dog house this week -- and likely will be for much longer. The first sports figure to cross the $1 billion mark in total earnings, Woods made most of his fortune as a result of his "squeaky-clean model athlete" reputation. Last year, of the $117 million Woods made, $7.7 million was on the golf course; the rest came from endorsement deals. And that endorsement empire is built on the image of a hardworking, clean-living family man complete with wife, kids, dogs, and "values."

You are right about that, If tiger was a know womanizer or if he wasn't married this story would have blew over. I can't believe this all started on a report of a car accident. :o

Just wanted to share something that was posted on facebook by one of my favourite artists. It made me think of Clay (when I first started listening to it) I imagine you will see why.

This is by a country artist named Collin Raye. This is a song he wrote for/about his granddaughter.

Clay's blog is already making news. Be sure and read the comments. JP is making stupid comments.

Your post was enough to make me *not* read the comments. I am not sure why anyone would want to.

I am happy that Clay blogged, but I kind of find it ironic that his private blog has become so public that he can address the Wake County School Board in it.

Clay's blog is already making news. Be sure and read the comments. JP is making stupid comments.

Your post was enough to make me *not* read the comments. I am not sure why anyone would want to.

I am happy that Clay blogged, but I kind of find it ironic that his private blog has become so public that he can address the Wake County School Board in it.

:GM_FCA:

Actually...his blog was posted in the media before it was posted at the OFC...which I think is a good thing...it was more important to his hometown than to us.

53 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Actually...his blog was posted in the media before it was posted at the OFC...which I think is a good thing...it was more important to his hometown than to us.

I think this was another of those blogs like he did when Parker was born -- the local media got a copy of it first, and then he put it on the blog as fast as he could...

...which is the right way to do it, IMO. And with what he has done in regards to his registration, he's now put the focus back on what he originally meant with his first blog -- to point out the terrible policies that this new school board is trying to do (actually, bullying to do). Here's an article, called "The Dismantling Begins," that talks about it.

As for initialism guy -- when will people stop talking about him, let alone talking TO him? And yes, I know I'm breaking my own rule by even mentioning him...but he's a famewhore, pure and simple. He needs the attention, and by saying stuff about Clay, he knows he'll get it. On that note -- I'm going to try my best not to even think about him again. (Yeah, couchie, I pretty much had forgotten him too...)

Ok that makes more sense :)

Argh to this crappy winter storm we are having....snow then rain then snow = one big mess.

And with what he has done in regards to his registration, he's now put the focus back on what he originally meant with his first blog -- to point out the terrible policies that this new school board is trying to do (actually, bullying to do). Here's an article, called "The Dismantling Begins," that talks about it.

And to add more of a sense of what type of approach these new folks are taking (as if the first weren't evidence enough), there's this (WTVD) about the 12 hour meeting during which, among other things, the new electees took advantage of a woman's trip to the bathroom to win a crucial vote. Nice folks, huh?

Everyone dealing with crappy weather, stay safe and warm!! :hugs-1:

Just wanted to share something that was posted on facebook by one of my favourite artists. It made me think of Clay (when I first started listening to it) I imagine you will see why.

This is by a country artist named Collin Raye. This is a song he wrote for/about his granddaughter.

Thanks for posting this goldarngirl. It's a very moving song and story.

I love pissy Clay.

If the PTB were to go after all the people who DON'T bother to change their registration when they move, they'd be busy night and day. I've been guilty of that myself.

As for the comments on the news--I WISH that fans would just stop posting as it just fuels the notion that we are all nuts and encourages JP and other looneys.

Sigh.

LOVE Rubin's comments about PH. Made my day.

I love pissy Clay.

If the PTB were to go after all the people who DON'T bother to change their registration when they move, they'd be busy night and day. I've been guilty of that myself.

As for the comments on the news--I WISH that fans would just stop posting as it just fuels the notion that we are all nuts and encourages JP and other looneys.

Sigh.

LOVE Rubin's comments about PH. Made my day.

I agree with you on JP, if some of the fans had left him alone with his delusions, his butt would have faded away so damn fast 3 years ago. Unfortunately some feel the need to "Defend" Clay, therefore keeping this a-hole going for this damn long. I wish that they will stop poking the lion with the stick.

I have walked my little toes to death... We went to the White House to see it and the Christmas tree. Then we walked to the Smithsonian and toured the Gem and Mineral section. Un-freakin'-believable!!! We then walked to the Washington monument and then home. At least a 6 mile round trip.

Saturday we went on a tour of Capital Hill. Since it was a slow day (rain/snow combo), then let us go and sit in the Senate gallery and watch the debate on the healthcare bill. Very impressive the research that was done to show the problems with the bill. We then went to the Library of Congress, got Reader's cards and went in and looked at a couple of books. Very kewl!!! 5 miles of walking.

Sunday we walked down Embassy Row, then into Georgetown, then home. I loved Embassy Row... each Embassy is different and all those flags a flyin' are impressive. 6 miles.

Today, I had to rent a car and drive an hour away to our company HQ and work. Got back to DC easy enough, but was lost for 45 minutes trying to get back to the car rental place. They have all these traffic circles and streets that curve, plus one-way streets. It was awful and I never want to drive here again. Now I know why Washingtonians walk everywhere... LOL Only 2 miles.

I have 2.5 days left, with some BAD weather coming tomorrow night, so we'll see how much more I get to do and see. National Geograhic is close to here and they have the terracotta warriors there from China, so I'm going to try and get there for sure. I have loved the antiquity and history of almost every sqare inch here. I'm so happy I decided to come.

Did you go see Washington Cathedral and the British Embassy? I was married in the cathedral and had my reception in the Embassy! (Hee I used to be a contender :hahaha: ) In the room where the reception was held there was a drape that went completely round the huge room. It was made of one piece of fabric and had Shakespearean characters woven in it. Just gorgeous!

The Terra Cotta Warriors were here in Houston and it was worth every one of the very expensive pennies to see them!

OK now back to coughing up my lungs. I've been sick for 5 days but at least it is not the flu!

GO TEXAS! My DD was at the game and said she was soooo glad they won!

ETA: When in the he** did I get to be a chairman and who wrote all of my 2570 posts? Couldn't have been me! I'm never that verbose.

Chairman Merrieeee... I think you done all that posting and I'm very glad of it. The Terra Cotta Warriors only cost $10 here. There were 15 of them and some other artifacts. And, no, I didn't go to where you were married and recepted. You need to talk to them about putting that on the list of "things to do/see in DC"! :cryingwlaughter:

I guess I've missed this controversy til now. But my first blush reaction is ... I don't get why this is a controversy.

I found a link to Clay's voter records from 2004 way back at the beginning of my fandom, which was 2006. Clay was on record as voting in every municipal election in Raleigh and every state and national election in Wake County in 2003-04. He was mostly voting absentee, because he was living in California at the time. Did no one object to that at the courthouse? Wasn't he well known there? Wouldn't they know he was living in California? And wasn't he living in NY during most of 2008? Voting under the address of the home he grew up in has been a constant all these years, and he established a precedent in the community. The people going after Clay on this are really showing their asses.

keeping... I so agree. I loved Clay's blog. So dang articulate! Boy, you sure could tell the first was written casually to fans and the second was written for the media. Way to go, Clay!!!

luckiest... :yeahthat:

My DC saga continues (if anyone is interested). Tues I went to visit the Kennedy brothers at Arlington. I was very moved. Then went to the Lincoln Memorial. He is massive! Then I walked thru the Korean, Vietnam, and WWII memorials. The WWII was most impressive to me. So much intricacy. I then walked to the National Archives and saw the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the other documents they have there. Loved it! Then on to the Native American Indian museum. O.M.G. it is totally awesome and I recommend it to all. Then I walked home. 10 miles today.

Wed I walked to the Natural History Museum again, then to the American History Museum, then to National Geograhic for the Terra Cotta Warriors. On my feet from 10:30am to 5:30pm, but I think I only logged 5 miles today.

I go home tomorrow and think I'll just spend the morning doing laundry and packing, even tho the shuttle doesn't come til 1pm. My feet and lower anatomy are pooped from all the miles I have walked this week. I can't wait to get home and check the scales. It had better be down a few pounds or you are going to hear a scream from anywhere you are... LOL Back to work Friday, dang it.

I have truly enjoyed seeing Washington DC and am very glad I came.

I love DC and all the museums. I have lots of family there so have been visiting since I was a child. I'm jealous and wish I was there with you.

What Wanda said! heee

Just heard Kris Allen for the first time on SYTYCD.. his song seems real catchy. I liked it.

Have never been to DC, would love to go someday!

Yes, the fans need to learn to ignore; isn't much fun when there isn't anyone to play with.

52 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The "virtual" holiday tour bus rolls on at the Carolina On My Mind with SueReu’s beautiful new "O Holy Night-Emmanuel” montage that blends seven concerts from four Joyful Noise tours. Videographers include Scarlett, Spotlightlover, and Secretly Loves Clay.

The blog entry also includes montages of grandchildren Kai and Lia created by two Internet "aunties," Ashes and Aspiegirl.

th_SROHN_SLC2.jpg

Clickable screen cap - SueReu

Thank you for your visits and comments in the Internet Clay blogs, a tremendous aid with Google placement. :snoopy:

I have thoroughly enjoyed the travel logs by FCA members. Keep sharing! :yahoo:

So glad the drama of votergate is almost over, and I hope Clay always uses his voice!

Have an awesome weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro2.gif