#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Oh my word, couchie! :hahaha: *and* :hug: Whatta week! :chair:

Belated, but verra verra :happybirthday04: wishes to cindilu! And anyone else I've missed lately!

Last December I was extremely ill for nearly 2 weeks with the seasonal flu. I have some health issues including Fibromyalgia and seem to catch the flu every year. I also have small sinuses so anytime I get a virus with congestion issues I go into sinus infections. Last year's flu ended up as both a sinus infection and bronchitis and I was so sick I missed Christmas entirely. The year before that I was sick through New Years. So this year I got the seasonal flu shot two weeks before the gala because I also tend to get sick when I fly, and also when I do not get enough rest. I am happy to report I did not get sick this year! The day I left Raleigh (Monday) I had a very slight sore throat and was achy which lasted about 3 days. Its hard to tell because with me it could have been me fighting a bug or it may have just been been allergies and the Fibro from exhaustion. Either way after getting a lot of sleep both cleared up. I tend to need a lot of sleep otherwise I do feel ill and well I didn't exactly get a lot of sleep during the gala trip. lol

:hugs-1: With the exception of the Fibromyalgia, I can sooooo relate, claylove. Sinus infections and bronchitis are practically a constant for me.

Waves :bye6: to all my FCA buddies! I catch up reading now & then, but don't have much time to post right now. Keeping busy between work, school & getting situated in my new place. Hope everyone is well! :BlowKiss:

I also am hoping my immunity because of my age and the fact I did have the swine flu shot in 1976 will help me. My mother got her seasonal but not the H1N1. My only concern is taking some of the virus home with me. I try very hard not to expose my mother or my grandson. My DIL wanted me to stop by on Saturday to see my grandson in his costume. I told her I will stop by later in the evening after I have been home and showered and changed clothes.

Do you think that because of H1N1 we are starting to do things we should have been doing all along. I know some of my new habits are starting to become second nature. Just small stuff like when using public washrooms I pull the paper towel I need and then wash my hands. Then I use the towel to open the door and toss it in the trash on the way out. When I get home I wash my hands before I do more than hollar a greeting to my family. I do it that way all the time now. My house is still dusty and cluttered, but those are my messes and germs not some strangers.

ncgurrl... I was reading a full page ad in Health magazine telling how to avoid catching the flu. They mentioned not just washing hands, but making sure you get under the nails and the the rings are well washed, not just rinsed.

Many immune problems are caused by food allergies. My ulcerative colitis went away when I quit eating wheat and milk. I eat sprouted wheat products and goat/almond milk now.

Couchie... you are one lucky lady that the Freeway Angel came along when they did!!! I have AAA, cause I had a tire blow on the freeway once. Scared me to death cause I was going 7065. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm ready to make my donation tomorrow night for the $10 thingy. Hope we win!

My second daughter was born on Halloween. She and the whole family have always embraced Halloween to the max because of that. When she got her first car, she got license plates that said wtchbby (witch baby for those who don't speak license plate). She sent me a check last week for something I had bought for her and her checks have witches all over them in the background. :cryingwlaughter: I told her I didn't want to cash it, it was so cute! BWAH!

My second daughter was born on Halloween. She and the whole family have always embraced Halloween to the max because of that. When she got her first car, she got license plates that said wtchbby (witch baby for those who don't speak license plate). She sent me a check last week for something I had bought for her and her checks have witches all over them in the background. I told her I didn't want to cash it, it was so cute! BWAH!

Liney, maybe that's the idea. :cryingwlaughter:

About the donation to the Challange, I read so many thories that I'm no longer sure if it is better to give more one day or the split a donation between two days. And to think I used to be somewhat smart. At work today, I was putting in a payee for a check but there was not enough room on the line allowed by the computer. It was suggested that I use a typewriter. When I stopped laughing, I reminded them that I had no idea how to use one. :whatever:

About the donation to the Challange, I read so many thories that I'm no longer sure if it is better to give more one day or the split a donation between two days. And to think I used to be somewhat smart. At work today, I was putting in a payee for a check but there was not enough room on the line allowed by the computer. It was suggested that I use a typewriter. When I stopped laughing, I reminded them that I had no idea how to use one. :whatever:

Remember that America's Giving Challenge has NOTHING to do with the AMOUNT of the donation; it's strictly based on the NUMBER of donations....so if you're trying to maximize a donation greater than $10, it would be best to send some money to friends/family and have them each vote/donate $10.

I have tried voting once on Facebook using my Facebook ID and once (in the same day) through the Causes website, anonymously, ignoring the Facebook app~but I'm not so sure it worked as two votes because of course you have to use the real name on your credit card or the verification won't work. They've got it pretty locked down. Not a bad thing. :)

If anyone's figured anything else out, please let me know!

soooooooooooooooooooooooo

went to open a bank account at Bank of the West today but couldn't because evidently I have another name and have opened bank accounts using that name and they were closed due to insufficient funds. LOL. Why do I bother to get out of bed these days. The weird part is that I recognize the name, a former co-worker..and it's just hard to believe that she would do that to me. So I'm sending off for my consumer report to get more info. Not my week. I mean who on earth would want to steal MY identity. Sigh.

Thanks FromClaygary for keeping everyone up to date.

Oh man, couchie....sorry to hear about all this. This is the week that sucks, right?

If anyone is interested in what Reed's up to lately...he's posted a few videos on YouTube of his teaching his classes in Paris. Here's one:

Great video, ldyj!

Oh man, couchie....sorry to hear about all this. This is the week that sucks, right?
I wonder if it has anything to do with Saturn being in Libra? :hug:

Where the hell is he and what's he doing?! I'm b.o.r.e.d. outta my mind........ Claaaayyyyyyy

:needclay:

I'm not sure what the age cut off is but my mother's doctor said she didn't need the H1N1 due to her age and that she has some immunity. (70).

My husband is 74, has COPD, Diabetes and a couple of other issues. His infectious disease doc told him to get the regular flu shot, H1N1 shot and the pneumonia shot also.

I take my chances.... hope I don't regret it.

Many immune problems are caused by food allergies. My ulcerative colitis went away when I quit eating wheat and milk. I eat sprouted wheat products and goat/almond milk now.

What is sprouted wheat products?

I was diagnosed with colitis quite a few years ago. I found a book with a diet for it and other things..... I went off sugar, dairy, and gluten. I slowly went back to sugar, but limit/substitute the dairy and gluten. Mine went away even tho my doc said diet had nothing to do with it and said I was probably just lactose intolerant.

I use soy milk and yogurt, millet bread...... cereal is the most difficult to find..... one that taste decent..... as I want oat bran.

If anyone is interested in what Reed's up to lately...he's posted a few videos on YouTube of his teaching his classes in Paris. Here's one:

Cool link, thanks!

{{{couchie}}} What a bad week.......but that's three, right? You should be good now. ;)

:GM_FCA:

31 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

93 Days until GFI!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

TrickorTreat.jpg

If you are able to "vote/donate"....don't forget you have until 3 PM today....and after that, another vote until 3 PM tomorrow.

We are currently 385 votes approximately behind the leader in today's challenge.

The good news? :) Since the name change....there has been $12,125 donated to the National Inclusion Project through Facebook that we didn't have before. More than enough for one camp!

:clap::snoopy: :04:

Thanks everyone for your support!!

TrickorTreat.jpg

If you are able to "vote/donate"....don't forget you have until 3 PM today....and after that, another vote until 3 PM tomorrow.

We are currently 385 votes approximately behind the leader in today's challenge.

The good news? :) Since the name change....there has been $12,125 donated to the National Inclusion Project through Facebook that we didn't have before. More than enough for one camp!

Just donated and will again tomorrow!

TrickorTreat.jpg

Just donated and will again tomorrow!

oops what happened there, sorry!

Wish we were still in Raleigh, it was such a wonderful and exciting experience.

{{{{{{couchie}}}}}}

What is sprouted wheat products?

I was diagnosed with colitis quite a few years ago. I found a book with a diet for it and other things..... I went off sugar, dairy, and gluten. I slowly went back to sugar, but limit/substitute the dairy and gluten. Mine went away even tho my doc said diet had nothing to do with it and said I was probably just lactose intolerant.

I use soy milk and yogurt, millet bread...... cereal is the most difficult to find..... one that taste decent..... as I want oat bran.

Toldforthis... Doctors are taught nothing about diet and its affect on the body in medical school, plus a lot of medical school get funding from the food industry and the pharmcautical industry, so the schools are not going to teach doctors that 3/4 of the processed food does you much more harm than good. That's why I go to a Doctor of Osteopathy, as they do teach nutrition in their schools.

Do you have Ezekiel Bread in your neighborhood health food stores, tho Trader Joes carries a couple of brands. They are made from sprouted grains. If you make flour from the sprouts, it doesn't affect the colon like regular grain flour does. Ezekiel also makes a sprouted grain cereal that I mix with goat yogurt and fruit for breakfast.

By the way, soy depresses your thyroid, so if you are menopausal or have a problem with your thyroid don't use it. Goat milk is great. For some reason humans tolerate goat milk much better than cow's milk. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk is my favorite substitute for milk.

[End of dietary lecture for the day/]

hee bottlecap. I had a smile today watching PTI -- and they were doing their little trick or treat schtick -- and one of the guys said something was well almost a treat..not a real treat..more like candy corn. Hrumph. Don't be selling short the candy corn hee.

Well I guess the spell is broken because I woke up today and checked my bank and found one of those Oops moments where one thing can send your checking account into the land of fees. And I know how banks are ..they don't give back money especially when it's my own fault (damn you Ballys). But I emailed them anyway - and just simply asked for my money back (oh something about being hungry and almost homeless too LOL) and they reversed all my fees. Now that I'm out of the shock of it all..I'm thrilled. Maybe my bad luck is behind me.

Thanks for my candy corn fix BC. I ate a whole bag last week and now I'm done until next year.

Couchie, good work! At my bank they all duck when they see me coming. Strange that the manager is always out of the office when I try to complain about fees that are absolutely bogus, like the imaging fees on an account which has had no transactions other than an electonic withdrawal.

I hope your luck has taken a turn for the better. I feel a tour coming on. :04:

:GM_FCA:

30 Days until Clay's Birthday!

92 Days until GFI!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Congratulations couchie! I've found that with my bank at least, even if it was MY fault for doing an overdraft or two (or 8, LOL), if you ask them nicely in many instances, they'll be somewhat forgiving. I suppose it depends on the bank though.

BiteMe-1.gif

I'd turn vampire for a chance at that!

bottlecap, I hope you enjoy all the candy corn in the world today. Me personally? Can't stand the stuff, so you can have my supply at least.

Happy Halloween everyone!

hee bottlecap. I had a smile today watching PTI -- and they were doing their little trick or treat schtick -- and one of the guys said something was well almost a treat..not a real treat..more like candy corn. Hrumph. Don't be selling short the candy corn hee.

Well I guess the spell is broken because I woke up today and checked my bank and found one of those Oops moments where one thing can send your checking account into the land of fees. And I know how banks are ..they don't give back money especially when it's my own fault (damn you Ballys). But I emailed them anyway - and just simply asked for my money back (oh something about being hungry and almost homeless too LOL) and they reversed all my fees. Now that I'm out of the shock of it all..I'm thrilled. Maybe my bad luck is behind me.

Happy that you have broken your spell of bad luck. I have a friend who is fond of saying "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all."

As for the bank, I had the same experience a few months back, and was pleasantly surprised that the bank refunded my fees. I gave them a sad story also, but did not ask directly for my money back. So they gave me their spiel about how much more it would have cost me if the checks had bounced. At that point, I did say that this had never happened to me before, and blamed it on Ike costs ( which happened to be true ), and told them that I felt I should get my money refunded. Then they said I should just have told them that I wanted my money back. Duh! Why did they think I was calling? Anyway they gave me my money back and told me that they did have special provisions for Ike victims.

One thing I learned, was what you already knew, the direct approach works best, ask for your money back.

Wheee! Happy Halloween, FCA!

I celebrate Halloween by singing at the top of my lungs. It's terrifying!