#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for all the information on Just You.

I love the version he gave us and I wanted to see some good video of him performing it.

I think that Scarlett's Pittsburgh recording is the best concert version I've heard so far and as for the video, I haven't watched all of them but for me it's a toss up between Scarlett's and this one from Clack Unlimited Just You Greenville laughingoutloud and SLC.

I am so glad that I have High speed internet!

Wow! I looove this new clack! Clay + Unchained Melody = :flirtysmile3:

It's funny. For me, UM is a Clay song, plain and simple. I don't even know that I've heard the original.

I'm such a goof. Some posts back, someone mentioned how David Foster intro'd Clay as his brother-in-law and I was momentarily confused. I was going like, Well, isn't he? Oh, wait... :D Hee.

ETA: Could I impose on anyone for recommendations on NIP Gala Mp3's? Who has the best audio? Please, thanks? :laugh2:

Psssst...Cindilu, how about a new banner?

Kim

Okay!

(and thank you to jamar for the hover quote and what was, quite possibly, the best thread title evah!)

Thankyou for the beautimus banner, cindilu! And a big 'ol :yeahthat: to the part I bolded :wub:

hubby passes by and said "Don't you get tired listening to the same voice all the time?"
hee, silly man :smack:

I'm such a goof. Some posts back, someone mentioned how David Foster intro'd Clay as his brother-in-law and I was momentarily confused. I was going like, Well, isn't he? Oh, wait... Hee.

See, to me "brother-in-law" seems to be more a technically legal term with regards to marriage. So while I found it sweet I also thought it a bit odd. I seem to be alone in this train of thought though so don't mind me :cryingwlaughter:

See, to me "brother-in-law" seems to be more a technically legal term with regards to marriage. So while I found it sweet I also thought it a bit odd. I seem to be alone in this train of thought though so don't mind me :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I heard it as a term of affection, and a term for the place they really feel Clay holds in their family...so I didn't think it was odd in the slightest. :)

I did the same thing as clayzy....yah, so?? :lol:

But for all we know.....perhaps he IS legally David's BIL....(I'll let that one sit out there for a bit).

The flu is a bad, bad thing. I think Tamiflu is a good thing, but no flu would be the best thing ever. I've managed to actually stay up a little to today.

Damn, I like Clay Aiken. David Foster is making me like him too.

Hey! I'm in Merrillville, Indiana! As a matter of fact, I'm in the same hotel I stayed at for Clay, 2006. *waves at luckiest1* This time, it's for my husband's favorite band, Steely Dan. They are doing one of their albums, Aja, from beginning to end, plus extra songs at the end of the set. I love this concept, and can't wait for Clay to try something like that in 10-20 years. Yeah, I'm confident he'll still be singing at that time!

Lucky you. I love Steely Dan. Did they do "Gaucho." I hope they come to Houston. I am so there!

They did songs from that album, but not the song itself. And sadly, no Houston. My husband bought the tour Tshirt, and no Houston mentioned.

It was a fun show -- great music, but little banter. For these guys, that works. For Clay -- if there was no banter -- well, crap. I can't imagine a show without some banter. Even the 2007 show had some banter at the end.

One more thing about the Steely Dan show...it was just as fun to watch the audience. There were more than a few people in my section that were into dancing to every.single.song. And then, just as many people yelling at them to "SIT DOWN!" Hee.

It's funny. For me, UM is a Clay song, plain and simple. I don't even know that I've heard the original.

Have you seen the movie "Ghost?" If you have, you've heard the original. At this point, for me, The Righteous Brothers and Clay are deadlocked on who does it better. Each different in their own way, and each fantastic.

It's a gorgeous day here, and yet, my allergies are killing me. Besides, everyone seems to be burning their leaves here, and that makes my allergies even worse. So much for a walk outside...

Off to watch the new clack!

Sorry you are sick KAndre...

Does he start to say 'shhh...' before he says 'Crap!' ???
Yes he does :wub:

The flu is a bad, bad thing. I think Tamiflu is a good thing, but no flu would be the best thing ever. I've managed to actually stay up a little to today.

Damn, I like Clay Aiken. David Foster is making me like him too.

Feel better soon!

Good god that lower register of his gave my ovaries a wake-up call! :hubbahubba:

If he sings a version like this....or anything for that matter in his lower register I want it on the next cd damn it! I have been wanting some deep throat voiced clay for sometime now to listen to in my car while I fantasize drive :flirtysmile3:

Am I the only one who shed a tear or two when I listened to the clack this morning? I swear what that man does to me is beyond normal! :Thud:

tree.... I love it when that man experiments and R&B's it up on any song, but especially this one. Thank goodness for the last video. The sound was great on the first video, but his face as a white blob. I hope someone can marry the video from #3 and the audio from #1. The "I" at 3:28 or :29 is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Thanks very much luckiest but he gave us the clean recorded version of JY! *to die for* I just love hearing him sing "Clay Aiken music" -- *wub* like having angels wings touch my soul but with a replay button! It's what I go to when (at different times, depending on my need), I look for something to inspire, sustain or calm my moods or just get me started right in the morning. Sometimes it carries me through things, other times it lets me dream or helps me believe. Other times it's a fun thing to share with friends. I read some posts after the Gala about how some people liked listening to MR but didn't want it on a CD. (?!!! -- what is music for if not for listening? something to put on or impress people with? like music as a part of our entourage? ) It's a gift to be able to find and download this clips like the one we got yesterday, and it's too sad that people don't see or admit to what his songs can do or be for them.

Scarlett.... :yeahthat:

Psssst...Cindilu, how about a new banner?

Kim

Okay!

(and thank you to jamar for the hover quote and what was, quite possibly, the best thread title evah!)

ETA: Unchained Melody was my 'epiphany' moment on AI. The moment when I went from seeing Clay as that funny, charming southern kid with the great voice to the holy-crap-who-IS-this-guy-and-what-has-he-done-to-me??? man. So as far as I'm concerned, he can sing Unchained Melody any time, any place, from now until forever, and that will be just fine by me. :wub:

cindi... I still think some enterprising soul could make some money for NIP be creating a t-shirt with that thread title. It is the best title eveh!!!

KAndre... get well soon!!! I heard from someone yesterday that taking Vit D will stave off the flu for some reason. My chiro had already told me that, so I've been taking it for 2 weeks now. It's gonna work, it's gonna work, it's gonna work... :cryingwlaughter:

Love the new banner Cindilu2!!! :thewave:

I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, so quotarama coming up but first...

I killed my screen saver yesterday. :cry4:

Not sure what happened but I was simultaneously burning DVDs and showing videos at the Toronto cluncheon while on battery power cuz there was no plug handy. It had just finished burning one DVD and then went into hiberation. When I got it home and plugged it in and opened it up and hit the power button, I could hear the video that had been playing before it went into hibernation hours before. It was playing in fits and spurts, even though the desktop wasn't even loaded yet and then the windows page with your name to click to log in came up and I clicked that and the programs that had been running when it went into hiberation were workng. The vid started playing again and Nero showed it was ready to burn #4 of 4 DVDs, so I burned the last DVD. Everything was hunky dorey, except I now have no screen saver. When I leave the laptop for more than 5 min, I just get a black screen instead of my screensaver slideshow. Everything works fine when I wiggle the mouse but no "floating pictures of NAJNT Clay" screensaver.

I re-booted this morning. Didn't help.

I looked at the screen saver settings under control panel and they still look the same to me and it's still showing the NAJNT images in the mini-sample screen on the control panel screen saver page.

Ideas?

I'm such a goof. Some posts back, someone mentioned how David Foster intro'd Clay as his brother-in-law and I was momentarily confused. I was going like, Well, isn't he? Oh, wait... :D Hee.

ETA: Could I impose on anyone for recommendations on NIP Gala Mp3's? Who has the best audio? Please, thanks? :laugh2:

Scarlett, but she hasn't posted her clack yet except for the Moon River mp3. Hint hint hint. And then there's mime_fan, but she hasn't posted her stuff yet at all. (More hinting.) I just know she's got a great machine. Of the rest, I'd say Canfly. After that, maybe MBlovesClay?? I haven't listened to all of them yet.

<--------I think I like my new avi!!

Isn't he gorgeous?

:wub:

Scarlett, but she hasn't posted her clack yet except for the Moon River mp3. Hint hint hint.

:yeahthat:

Hintity, hint, hint, hint. :rainbowsmile:

Of what's up so far, they seem to be saying that that canfly chick's audio is good. :hahaha: Visually, Spot's is better cuz she was close.

Awesome banner, cindilu2! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unchained Melody was my 'epiphany' moment on AI. The moment when I went from seeing Clay as that funny, charming southern kid with the great voice to the holy-crap-who-IS-this-guy-and-what-has-he-done-to-me??? man. So as far as I'm concerned, he can sing Unchained Melody any time, any place, from now until forever, and that will be just fine by me. :wub:

Ditto -- my epiphany, too! :wub:

It's funny. For me, UM is a Clay song, plain and simple.

Clayzy, I wrote something similar in the current Carolina blog.

A few years ago, Neil Sedaka proclaimed his hit "Solitaire" would forevermore be a Clay Aiken song. In my opinion, "Unchained Melody" is, too.

Like everyone else, I have been in clack heaven all weekend. As better videos became available, I changed the blog's YouTube link for the newest "best" video. To me, the best audio is from the first video by moonriver919. Sigh ... :imgtongue:

I now have the new 11/23 Deck the Halls order deadline in the blog. Hope y'all are selling lots of wreaths, georgiesmybaby! :)

Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Of what's up so far, they seem to be saying that that canfly chick's audio is good. :hahaha: Visually, Spot's is better cuz she was close.

Visually, I prefer toni7babe because unfortunately spot had the teleprompter in her way all night.

cindilu, thank you!!! It's beautiful!

jmh & canfly, Sorry to take so long but I've been traveling for work since right after the Gala. Will be home soon, though, and will get to these asap.

merrieeee, it makes my heart stop.

:thankyou:

Visually, I prefer toni7babe because unfortunately spot had the teleprompter in her way all night.

I mentioned Spot cuz she has the exact same camcorder that I do but the sound is usually better from people who weren't sitting as close. Half-way back and center where I was is usually good for audio. Toni's vids are good too! She didn't do everything though. A LOT of people including me had the damned teleprompter in the way a lot of the night. Wish Clay didn't stand behind it so much when he didn't need to be. I'll be truthful, I haven't watched a lot of the clack. My ears were plugged, so I just watched a little cuz the earbuds were hell and past week was nuts busy.

District Review is tomorrow. Gotta finish a long range planner and a Daybook page for the inspection. I was at the school until almost 10pm on Wed and Thurs went to band practice until 10:30 and Fri I was at school until about 9:40 and yesterday was the Toronto cluncheon. I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired and I don wanna do no more school shit! I gots a heady achey.

:cry4: