#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

What was I thinking, I took the songs before leaving on this trip. These are the other song clips. :sorry:

GOG

MEAY

ALAWH

luckiest, I also have unrendered Darien Lakes audio and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that JY came out well since it was on a PCM (lossless audio) thingy. :sorry: again. :(

:GM_FCA:

21 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

83 Days until GFI!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

What was I thinking, I took the songs before leaving on this trip. These are the other song clips. :sorry:

GOG

MEAY

ALAWH

luckiest, I also have unrendered Darien Lakes audio and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that JY came out well since it was on a PCM (lossless audio) thingy. :sorry: again. :(

Hey, no need for sorry! I'm just grateful that you were there, and provide this wonderful clack!! :04:

Hugs to all with the flu!!!

So glad to be driving to the new clack this am... of course I'm having fight v. hard to concentrate on the road instead of the voice :)

Thanks v. much to all who provided!!!

Anyone in the UC system who needs an H1N1 vaccine should check with your Student Health Center. My campus advertised their initial 'students only' clinic but by searching their website I found faculty and staff were included in this week's clinics for $10 a shot. I just got mine and am greatly relieved.

You pay for your shots?.......okay......I was just trying to catch up on my reading and that just caught my eye, that's all. :cocktail:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

At my campus for students it was free. For staff and faculty there is a $10 service charge for administering the shot. The first day only students could get the vaccine. This week it is open to all on campus. And, yes, many places charge for the innoculation.

<--------I think I like my new avi!!

Isn't he gorgeous?

merrieeee.... why, yes, he is gorgeous, as a matter of fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Thud::Thud::Thud:

{{{{{{canfly}}}}}} Hope it eases up for you soon.

cindi... flove the new banner! That is one of my favorite Clay pics (Vancouver) Unlike a certain Brit, I LOVED Clay's UM on AI. What he can do to that song is just fantastic. Some are saying they'd like it recorded, but for me, he always sings songs better live... he adds more flourishes, etc to it, so I'm ok if he doesn't record it as long as we get clack of all his live performances. I'm used to the audience noise. LOL

Thanks for the hugs guys. Whew. District Review is over. We had the Director of Education and a couple of specialize Superintendents and a couple of others touring the school looking to see if we'd done all what they'd suggested. Director said Wow! We done good!

:04:

Gonna go try to have a nap, lol.

Scarlett,

Ya gotta warn a guy that it's a "right click and save as" link and not a link to a page with links. I accidentally was streaming for a couple of seconds there! I did that last time too! I'm used to a link taking me to a page where there will be a link to right click on.

But thank you, lol. :hugs-1:

D/ling appropriately now... :rainbowsmile:

Scarlett,

Ya gotta warn a guy that it's a "right click and save as" link and not a link to a page with links. I accidentally was streaming for a couple of seconds there! I did that last time too! I'm used to a link taking me to a page where there will be a link to right click on.

In future, pass your mouse over the link before you click. Down on the bottom of your screen, left hand side, you should be able to see the path that you will be following in the bar. If it ends in something like mp3, avi, wmv, mpg then you know it's a media file and you should right click and save as.

Scarlett,

In future, pass your mouse over the link before you click. Down on the bottom of your screen, left hand side, you should be able to see the path that you will be following in the bar. If it ends in something like mp3, avi, wmv, mpg then you know it's a media file and you should right click and save as.

Thank you Luckiest - I did not know about that trick!

I took a couple of days off to meet up with eHP partner in crime PerusingOne before

winding up my work and heading home. After I picked her up at the airport, I told

her about one observation I'd made about her track record this year and promised

that next year, I'm going to travel with her anyplace she wants. Why?

Example 1: Last March, she wanted me to take a trip with her to London&Paris on

Memorial Day week. I declined. Guess who showed up in the general area.

Example 2: Middle of summer, we were in Philly. She pointed out that it was Restaaurant

Week in NYC and that maybe we should go. I declined. Two tweets placed someone

in NYC just about that time.

Example 3: A few weeks ago PerusingOne insistently sent me a slew of possible

flights for me too take to the Bay Area for last weekend. She kept texting

things like "but we need to visit couchie". I first decided to drive there and then

declined in favor of this weekday vacation. This time we got Clack.

???!!!! So, I'm declaring it here officially. Beginning today

I will follow PerusingOne wherever she wants, anwhere in the world .

Her reaction? I though she'd be pleased and proud, but not to this extent.

Her smug reply was, "OMG, Clay is stalking me! The nerve of him!!!"

*sighs*

Of course I couldn't let that go w/o replying in kind. I reminded her that

she kept all her itineraries in her protected notes area in FB that only I

could see. I therefore concluded that the reason Clay has been so

successful in stalking her this year was because he had hacked into

my account. ;)

*off to dinner. Maybe a good meal will cure our overactive imaginations*

Scarlett,

K, thanks. :thumbup:

Or scarlett could scream at me above the links:

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS on the link YA MORON!

:hahaha:

Oh and Scarlett hon? You're losin' it. :cryingwlaughter:

20 Days until Clay's Birthday!

82 Days until GFI!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The new Carolina On My Mind blog goes one more round with "Unchained Melody." When cindilu2 posted our new FCA banner, I began hinting for a graphic. Both are published in the blog. Besides some UM history, there are three video players of Clay singing UM. I hope you enjoy and thank you for your hits/comments. :)

Can I share that fantasy world Scarlett? :fedora:

Ditto! :hahaha:

Have an awesome day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

inclusionproject.org

The National Inclusion Project Gala Honoring 2009 Champions Raises of $465,000 to Benefit the Inclusion of Children with Disabilities

Supporters of The National Inclusion Project helped to raise over $465,000 at its recent gala honoring 2009 Champions. The inspirational evening was held October 17, 2009 at the Raleigh Marriott City Center in North Carolina. The funds raised will be used to give children with disabilities the opportunity to experience life along side their typical peers.

The gala benefit celebration featured Champions presentations and addresses by Project co-founders Diane Bubel and Clay Aiken. Attendees had the opportunity to participate in both a silent and a live auction in support of the Project’s programs. The Project received funding support from the Million Dollar Round Table and Christies Cookies and the night concluded with a special performance by Clay Aiken.

The National Inclusion Project’s Champions are selected for their substantive efforts to give children with disabilities the opportunity to play, learn and grow side-by-side with their typical peers.

This year’s honorees were:

Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc., Corporate Champion: Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc. continually demonstrates its outstanding commitment to help young people with disabilities to maximize their potential and participation in society. The Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation has had a sizeable impact since it was established in 1991: more than $9 million invested, affecting the lives of many thousands of young people with disabilities, their families, friends and communities. Added to that total are thousands of employee volunteer hours and the transformation of individuals, one life at a time.

Dr. Gregory P. Byrne, Patrick Henry Hughes, and Patrick John Hughes: Patrick Henry Hughes was born in 1988 with significant disabilities. His father, Patrick John Hughes, introduced him to the piano at the age of nine months. Patrick has studied piano in the years since and later began the study of trumpet. At the suggestion of Louisville's marching band director, Dr. Greg Byrne, Patrick Henry joined the marching band, playing trumpet while his father pushed him in his wheelchair through the marching routines, which attracted increasing crowd and media attention throughout the fall football season. The Hughes family has used this platform to speak on the importance of recognizing the abilities of ALL and the importance of inclusion for a person’s social, mental and physical well-being.

The Sparkle Effect: Sarah Cronk and Sarah Herr, two varsity cheerleaders from Pleasant Valley High School are being honored as Champions for founding The Sparkle Effect - a nonprofit organization that encourages high school students across the United States to include children with special needs on cheerleading squads. By providing guidance, peer mentoring, and online tools to enable high school students to fully integrate cheerleading squads, they have changed life experiences for teenagers across the country and the awareness they have created will continue to impact generations to come.

Diane Bubel and Clay Aiken also awarded the first Bubel Aiken Founder’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service to Marti Ford for her efforts to place the National Inclusion Project’s children’s book, Our Friend Mikayla, in hundreds of schools and libraries in the Las Vegas area. It was through grassroots volunteer efforts that the National Inclusion Project was started and has been able to make huge strides for inclusion nationwide. Marti Ford is just one example of many working together to continue to fulfill the Project’s mission of supporting communities with inclusive programs and creating awareness about the possibilities that inclusion can bring.

About Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation: Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation (MEAF) was established in 1991 by the Mitsubishi Electric Corporation and its US subsidiaries, with the mission of helping young people with disabilities maximize their potential and participation in society. Based in the Washington DC area, MEAF has invested more than $3.2 million since 2003 in its Inclusion Initiative to help organizations like Boys & Girls Clubs, Girl Scouts, and the YMCAs serve more youth with disabilities. www.meaf.org

:04: :04: :04:

Wow, $465,000 is a lot of money! How doe that compare to last year?

I don't have last year's numbers but I think it's pretty close. I do know that the numbers for non-profits in m area are way off from last year.

It's wonderful the team maintained this!!!

:04: :04:

Good News for the National Inclusion Project and especially with the economy being what it is!!!

Good News for the National Inclusion Project and especially with the economy being what it is!!!