#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

YO, COUCHIE! CHECK YO' PM'S, WOMAN!

I swear, mumblemumblegrumblewhine, you don't talk with a person for forever and then when you TRY to talk with that person, her phone has some high falutin' recorded bitch telling you that she ain't acceptin' no calls! bitchmoanwhinegrumble. :onsoapbox: :23: :rant:

I took a couple of days off to meet up with eHP partner in crime PerusingOne before

winding up my work and heading home. After I picked her up at the airport, I told

her about one observation I'd made about her track record this year and promised

that next year, I'm going to travel with her anyplace she wants. Why?

Example 1: Last March, she wanted me to take a trip with her to London&Paris on

Memorial Day week. I declined. Guess who showed up in the general area.

Example 2: Middle of summer, we were in Philly. She pointed out that it was Restaaurant

Week in NYC and that maybe we should go. I declined. Two tweets placed someone

in NYC just about that time.

Example 3: A few weeks ago PerusingOne insistently sent me a slew of possible

flights for me too take to the Bay Area for last weekend. She kept texting

things like "but we need to visit couchie". I first decided to drive there and then

declined in favor of this weekday vacation. This time we got Clack.

???!!!! So, I'm declaring it here officially. Beginning today

I will follow PerusingOne wherever she wants, anwhere in the world .

Her reaction? I though she'd be pleased and proud, but not to this extent.

Her smug reply was, "OMG, Clay is stalking me! The nerve of him!!!"

*sighs*

Of course I couldn't let that go w/o replying in kind. I reminded her that

she kept all her itineraries in her protected notes area in FB that only I

could see. I therefore concluded that the reason Clay has been so

successful in stalking her this year was because he had hacked into

my account. ;)

*off to dinner. Maybe a good meal will cure our overactive imaginations*

Scarlett.... BWAH!!! I likes your imagination! Good luck keeping your future travels a secret from that hacker with the initials CA. :hahaha:

muski.... hey, woman... how's things? I miss your avi around here!

That is great news about NIP. I wonder which will run out first, tho... Clay's wardrobe or Spooky's money tree??? LOL

Wow! $465,000 raised. I think that is really good considering how bad the economy is. I'm sure that a lot of charities wish were able to have such a good response to their fund raising efforts.

Last night I went to see "This Is It". I have never been a fan of Michael Jackson but I was really impressed by him, with his energy, his gentle direction and also with the dancers,singers and musicians.

It would have been an amazing show/spectacle to see.

As I watched I thought of how disappointing it must be for all those people who were part of the show, and were going to be on a 50 concert world tour, to be employed for months and then to have their hopes dashed. Aside from being devastated by MJ's death.

The Way You Make Me Feel and Beat It were 2 of the numbers and of course I was thinking of Clay's performance of these songs. This morning I watched goldarngirl and luckiest1 montages from Pala and Asheville and once again enjoyed Clay's versions and his tongue in cheek performance of them. Watching them raised my spirits on this dark, gray, pelting down with rain, day.

I do hope that he brings that sense of humour and fun to future concerts.

And now for something completely different. For those of you who like figure skating and can't get CBC TV, there has been a show on CBC television called Battle of the Blades wherein retired hockey players paired with figure skating champions competed. Last night was the final show and the winners are Claude Lemieux of the NHL and Shae-Lynne Bourne. Claude actually sang the male part of the song, "Hallelujah".

ETA

OOPS!!! I really should have checked the facts before declaring them the winners. Turns out that one of the figure skater suffered an injury and the show will be continued next Sunday.

Still it's worth watching the video.

Thanks for that youtube link, Lotus. I have a friend in the US who has been dying to watch the show but can't because of the restrictions on the CBC web site. I will send her that link.

I have really been enjoying Battle Of The Blades and am so impressed with the 3 guys who are still left. I am rooting for the couple in the clip you posted (Shae-Lynn Bourne & Claude Lemieux) to win it all. And to think she was never a pairs skater, but an ice dancer!

Wow! $465,000 raised. I think that is really good considering how bad the economy is. I'm sure that a lot of charities wish were able to have such a good response to their fund raising efforts.

Last night I went to see "This Is It". I have never been a fan of Michael Jackson but I was really impressed by him, with his energy, his gentle direction and also with the dancers,singers and musicians.

It would have been an amazing show/spectacle to see.

As I watched I thought of how disappointing it must be for all those people who were part of the show, and were going to be on a 50 concert world tour, to be employed for months and then to have their hopes dashed. Aside from being devastated by MJ's death.

The Way You Make Me Feel and Beat It were 2 of the numbers and of course I was thinking of Clay's performance of these songs. This morning I watched goldarngirl and luckiest1 montages from Pala and Asheville and once again enjoyed Clay's versions and his tongue in cheek performance of them. Watching them raised my spirits on this dark, gray, pelting down with rain, day.

I do hope that he brings that sense of humour and fun to future concerts.

And now for something completely different. For those of you who like figure skating and can't get CBC TV, there has been a show on CBC television called Battle of the Blades wherein retired hockey players paired with figure skating champions competed. Last night was the final show and the winners are Claude Lemieux of the NHL and Shae-Lynne Bourne. Claude actually sang the male part of the song, "Hallelujah".

ETA

OOPS!!! I really should have checked the facts before declaring them the winners. Turns out that one of the figure skater suffered an injury and the show will be continued next Sunday.

Still it's worth watching the video.

I went to "This Is It" Monday, and was very impressed with the dancers. This would have been an awesome concert, and it is sad that it did not happen because of MJ's death. Another thing that impressed me was how gentle a man MJ was when he interacted with the dancers, producers and others working on the concert rehearsals. He seemed to be a very gentle and sweet soul. I shed a tear over all the bad things that happened to him during the span of his life, even though they were not covered in the movie. It is a really good movie.

I went to see This Is It 2 times the weekend before last. I was going to go one more time. Went to the Toronto cluncheon on Saturday. Was too tired and busy on Sunday. That left Mon, tonight or Wed. I was tired last night and felt more like having a nap than going to a show and after picking up my truck from the gargage ($450 later) and getting groceries it was too late for a nap before the 6:45 start time. Looks like I'll be waiting for the DVD.

That is great news about NIP. I wonder which will run out first, tho... Clay's wardrobe or Spooky's money tree??? LOL

Clay's wardrobe.

spikesmom, *waves below* :waves: I'm trying to wind up a number of projects and one of these is a striped sock sirens fundraiser. Would it still be ok to use the large bag (thank you!) of beautiful items you gave even if we end up with another format, e.g. a raffle instead of an auction? Please PM.

Thanks!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that my mom died today. The last few weeks were really hard--she couldn't eat anymore, could barely drink, and she was definitely ready to go. On Saturday she said to me, "I guess this is what a long slow death is like." I'm grateful that she's free from the suffering of her illness at last.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jmh}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Take care of yourself....and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

____

On a totally different note...

A new tweet from Clay Aiken posted earlier this evening:

clayaiken

Thanks for sharing! RT @AmeeS32: Another great video of @clayaiken singing UM! You can actually see his adorable face!! http://bit.ly/26MUlB

The link is for the Rob919 video of UM from the other night.

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that my mom died today. The last few weeks were really hard--she couldn't eat anymore, could barely drink, and she was definitely ready to go. On Saturday she said to me, "I guess this is what a long slow death is like." I'm grateful that she's free from the suffering of her illness at last.

I just wanted an icon that showed a gentle hug for you, but I'm icon challenged. Deepest condolences on the loss of your Mom. ((((hugs))))

I'm so sorry, jmh. :hug: Prayers for you & your family.

Oh no. I feel like I know your mom through the caregiver thread. Condolences to you and your family. Take care of yourself and let us know if you need anything..even if just an ear.

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand what you are saying about her being free now. I felt the same way when my mother died in September. :hugs-1: