#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

:GM_FCA:

My deepest sympathies Jmh;

19 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

81 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

flag1a.gifHappy Veterans/Remembrance Day! poppypin1b.gif

Condolences to you and your family, jmh! :hug:

I haven't written the entry yet, but the Carolina blog has been visited by 134 countries, the newest of which are Nepal, Yemen, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Congo, and Kazakstan. Surely, there is a worldwide tour in Clay Aiken's future! :)

This is a clickable of cindilu2's graphic currently running in the blog. Special thnx to FCA's very talented graphic artist, who is on the verge of finishing of course work for her degree! Definitely grounds for a board PARTY! :yahoo:

th_cind_unchforever1.jpg

Thnx again, Cindy. For sure, your art inspired the blog. :wub:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

jmh123--so sorry to hear about your loss. *hugs*

{{{{{{{{{{jmh}}}}}}}}}} I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a close friend to cancer in August and while it was wonderful to not have to witness the pain he was in anymore, it has been hard to adjust to him not being here physically anymore. :hug: :hug:

flag1a.gifHappy Veterans/Remembrance Day! poppypin1b.gif

Condolences to you and your family, jmh! :hug:

I haven't written the entry yet, but the Carolina blog has been visited by 134 countries, the newest of which are Nepal, Yemen, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Congo, and Kazakstan. Surely, there is a worldwide tour in Clay Aiken's future! :)

This is a clickable of cindilu2's graphic currently running in the blog. Special thnx to FCA's very talented graphic artist, who is on the verge of finishing of course work for her degree! Definitely grounds for a board PARTY! :yahoo:

th_cind_unchforever1.jpg

Caro... I enjoy your blog so much... thanks for all the work it takes to keep it going.

Cindi... GREAT graphic!!!

Thanks everyone once again for all the kind wishes.

I have been calling relatives all day, people I rarely talk to. My mother was the one who always kept in touch with everyone, and although I kept thinking I should contact people and let them know when her mind started to go, I never did. Well, today all day, it's been one call after another. All my aunts and uncles are dead but one--the wife of my father's brother, but because my parents came late in big families, it's my first cousins who have been more like aunts and uncles to me. I have talked to a bunch of them today! Funny how even after many years without contact, there's still a connection there.

The other thing that's funny is that I have serious, serious hang-ups about social stuff, and yet, compared to my brother and sister, I'm the gregarious one, so the job fell to me. It's pretty funny to think of myself as the chatty one. LOL.

Thanks, COUCHIE, for meeting me for lunch yesterday. It seems like forever since the last time we saw each other, but just as soon as we sat down and started shootin' the sh...stuff, it all came back to me! :3:

This Saturday should be interesting---gonna be having lunch with three women from my high school class! Holy crap! Turns out one lives only 20 miles from me and she's having another one from Virginia visiting her and then a third who lives in Oregon is flying down for the day. Except for the one from Oregon, whom I saw when I took Alex up to college, I haven't laid eyes or thought of these women since the last high school reunion that I attended---28 years ago! :scream: Found all these gals through Facebook!

Anyhoo...they were all part of the 'in' crowd---cheerleaders, student govt. leaders, club presidents, etc. All petite and 'cute', etc. I, on the other hand, was tall, overweight and had braces on my teeth junior and senior year. Although I was 'friends' with them, I never really felt a part of their crowd. Then again, at that horrid time in my life, I didn't really feel a part of any group, you know? Dayum, I hated high school. At that high school reunion those 28 years ago, however, I looked DAMNED hot! Slim, tan and quite the confident beyotch, you know?

Ah, how the mighty have fallen..... :yow:

inclusionproject.org

The National Inclusion Project Gala Honoring 2009 Champions Raises of $465,000 to Benefit the Inclusion of Children with Disabilities

Supporters of The National Inclusion Project helped to raise over $465,000 at its recent gala honoring 2009 Champions. The inspirational evening was held October 17, 2009 at the Raleigh Marriott City Center in North Carolina. The funds raised will be used to give children with disabilities the opportunity to experience life along side their typical peers.

The gala benefit celebration featured Champions presentations and addresses by Project co-founders Diane Bubel and Clay Aiken. Attendees had the opportunity to participate in both a silent and a live auction in support of the Project’s programs. The Project received funding support from the Million Dollar Round Table and Christies Cookies and the night concluded with a special performance by Clay Aiken.

The National Inclusion Project’s Champions are selected for their substantive efforts to give children with disabilities the opportunity to play, learn and grow side-by-side with their typical peers.

This year’s honorees were:

Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc., Corporate Champion: Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc. continually demonstrates its outstanding commitment to help young people with disabilities to maximize their potential and participation in society. The Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation has had a sizeable impact since it was established in 1991: more than $9 million invested, affecting the lives of many thousands of young people with disabilities, their families, friends and communities. Added to that total are thousands of employee volunteer hours and the transformation of individuals, one life at a time.

Dr. Gregory P. Byrne, Patrick Henry Hughes, and Patrick John Hughes: Patrick Henry Hughes was born in 1988 with significant disabilities. His father, Patrick John Hughes, introduced him to the piano at the age of nine months. Patrick has studied piano in the years since and later began the study of trumpet. At the suggestion of Louisville's marching band director, Dr. Greg Byrne, Patrick Henry joined the marching band, playing trumpet while his father pushed him in his wheelchair through the marching routines, which attracted increasing crowd and media attention throughout the fall football season. The Hughes family has used this platform to speak on the importance of recognizing the abilities of ALL and the importance of inclusion for a person’s social, mental and physical well-being.

The Sparkle Effect: Sarah Cronk and Sarah Herr, two varsity cheerleaders from Pleasant Valley High School are being honored as Champions for founding The Sparkle Effect - a nonprofit organization that encourages high school students across the United States to include children with special needs on cheerleading squads. By providing guidance, peer mentoring, and online tools to enable high school students to fully integrate cheerleading squads, they have changed life experiences for teenagers across the country and the awareness they have created will continue to impact generations to come.

Diane Bubel and Clay Aiken also awarded the first Bubel Aiken Founder’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service to Marti Ford for her efforts to place the National Inclusion Project’s children’s book, Our Friend Mikayla, in hundreds of schools and libraries in the Las Vegas area. It was through grassroots volunteer efforts that the National Inclusion Project was started and has been able to make huge strides for inclusion nationwide. Marti Ford is just one example of many working together to continue to fulfill the Project’s mission of supporting communities with inclusive programs and creating awareness about the possibilities that inclusion can bring.

About Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation: Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation (MEAF) was established in 1991 by the Mitsubishi Electric Corporation and its US subsidiaries, with the mission of helping young people with disabilities maximize their potential and participation in society. Based in the Washington DC area, MEAF has invested more than $3.2 million since 2003 in its Inclusion Initiative to help organizations like Boys & Girls Clubs, Girl Scouts, and the YMCAs serve more youth with disabilities. www.meaf.org

:04: :04: :04:

This is fantastic news ! :clap::clap::clap:

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that my mom died today. The last few weeks were really hard--she couldn't eat anymore, could barely drink, and she was definitely ready to go. On Saturday she said to me, "I guess this is what a long slow death is like." I'm grateful that she's free from the suffering of her illness at last.

jmh, I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs-1:

=====

I haven't posted in a while but I read here as often as I can and really like this place. I still love Clay as much as ever and can't wait for what's in store with DECCA and 2010 !!! Bring it on, Clay !

Caro... I enjoy your blog so much... thanks for all the work it takes to keep it going.

Cindi... GREAT graphic!!!

Thank you, liney23. :)

I have now changed the UM video in the Carolina blog for the third time. Check out the SURROUND version from San Jose posted at YouTube today. The video is by rob91902 and the audio by kjmmom. WOW!!! :snoopy:

Y'all enjoy! :04:

clayzedover, yes that is a very cool link. :)

Lotus, here are some links to previous gala videos.

2007 Champions For Change - Raleigh NC

2005 Voices For Change - Hawaii

2005 Voices For Change - Florida

2004 BAF Gala - Kansas City - I only see that I have one video from this and it is from Fox. Can't see where it's store in the vault.

2004 Voices For Change - LA - This is the one where Clay had laryngitis and couldn't sing. I don't think videos were allowed.

Here is a handy dandy reference page on our own FCA site! And another one for 2007. These links include picture galleries.

th_cind_unchforever1.jpg

Caro, thanks for the ever increasingly more beautiful links :BlowKiss: and thanks to Cindi for brining the pretties! ps. Congratulations in advance!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was hoping to add to your list of countries but you're growing faster than I can plan any travels! Yay for a world tour *what a nice thought to begin the day!* :claykiss:

On topic:

:Iluvclaysbutt: