#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I wonder why Clay would have to go to different countries to record orchestral music. Do they play with an accent? Seriously, it seems like we have quite a few adequate orchestras closer than England and Germany? This makes me think that there is some kind of clue in selecting those two countries. Or possibly cross marketing as they may also be part of Decca's artists.

Also he implied that the vocal tracks have not been layed down yet so why is Clay there? Is he exec producing or maybe producing his own album? I need to go to the question thread at the OFC and hope Clay shows up soon.

I think we will be getting some news soon and that is why Clay appeared today. The blog is on the public side again for some reason. I did get a real kick out of his blog. He missed us. I did see one nasty response to his blog. It was someone who just joined and had 7 posts. Strange-not.

I wonder why Clay would have to go to different countries to record orchestral music. Do they play with an accent? Seriously, it seems like we have quite a few adequate orchestras closer than England and Germany? This makes me think that there is some kind of clue in selecting those two countries. Or possibly cross marketing as they may also be part of Decca's artists.

Also he implied that the vocal tracks have not been layed down yet so why is Clay there? Is he exec producing or maybe producing his own album? I need to go to the question thread at the OFC and hope Clay shows up soon.

I think we will be getting some news soon and that is why Clay appeared today. The blog is on the public side again for some reason. I did get a real kick out of his blog. He missed us. I did see one nasty response to his blog. It was someone who just joined and had 7 posts. Strange-not.

:lol: Possibly Clay is going to other countries to work with the composer and orchestra together?

And I hope you're right, that Clay is taking a co-or producer credit on this CD. That would be awesome!

Can I start packing for the tour yet?? :)

:lol: Possibly Clay is going to other countries to work with the composer and orchestra together?

And I hope you're right, that Clay is taking a co-or producer credit on this CD. That would be awesome!

Can I start packing for the tour yet?? :)

YES!!!!!!! :04:

So happy hearing from him, the blog was so funny! Had a very hard time on my shift Wed evening, been frustrated and tired all day Thurs but the evening went better. It just made my evening seeing he blogged!!!

So happy hearing from him, the blog was so funny! Had a very hard time on my shift Wed evening, been frustrated and tired all day Thurs but the evening went better. It just made my evening seeing he blogged!!!

Hard to believe you were a casual fan hmm a year and a half ago huh?

Eeeeeeing on new songs and a tour soon (our soon, not his)!!!!

:04: :04: :04:

spikesmom, *waves below* :waves: I'm trying to wind up a number of projects and one of these is a striped sock sirens fundraiser. Would it still be ok to use the large bag (thank you!) of beautiful items you gave even if we end up with another format, e.g. a raffle instead of an auction? Please PM.

Thanks!!!

Scarlett, if funds from this fundraiser are being directed toward the National Inclusion Project, I have some things for you as well...PM me when you have time.

Yes, it is! We didn't get to do our sss auction this year but I already have some items donated for it so we need to schedule one. We'd love to have anything from you -- the work you do is just exquisite!

Thanks bunches!!! :BlowKiss:

All the best,

Lenette

Oh boy I spent all day waiting around MD Anderson while my DH had tests and we come home drained. And there is my bestest boyfriend blogging to make me feel better! What a guy. I think I'll keep him.....oh and DH too! :hahaha:

Time to start talking up a Clay/Ruben tour to my friends. They loved the JNT05 but not the JNT06 as much. I'm thinking Clay could write another musical play with other singers involved (a la Ruben) and make an enjoyable evening for people who just enjoy the older standards sung well rather than all Clay fans. I'd be there even if Clay just took a bow at the end. But much rather he sing during most of it. :04:

Well it was a fun night last night, so come back soon Clay just to keep the buzz up.

Hope you all have a great day. I'm off to the gym and then to lunch at a winery for some good Southern cooking. Calorie wise I should break even today. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Hope your DH's results are great and today is a better day.

:GM_FCA:

17 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

79 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, what a great feeling to have some excitement buzzing around the new album, possible TV special and possible tour. Ok, so maybe my neener, neener attitude yesterday was a bit childish. Ooops. ;)

Did anyone else see this new blog of Ruben's? That would be quite the thing, going to a vegan diet. I don't even think *I* could do that, but good on him for trying, if it's legit.

Hard to believe you were a casual fan hmm a year and a half ago huh?

I really have the Clay bug for good now I guess, lol!

The Controversey King strikes again...I love that outspoken man...his blog comments about the Wake County School Board made the N&O:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local_sta...ory/190048.html

Kim

The blog is now on the public side of the OFC, so (hopefully) that's where the N&O got their story.

I also just have a feeling that Clay just.doesn't.care.anymore how his words are taken. God love him for that.

preden, we need to work on your double postings!

I play with making a Clay Calendar each year. This year cindilu2's one wallpaper made me think of a concept. Thank you to cindilu2, FCA (timelines) and ClayAikenKids timelines. I have tried to compile quite a few of Clay's events over the last 6 years and the lovely pictures are courtesy of cindilu2. I also want to thank dancermom2 of Clayversity for proofreading this thing a few times for me. Please enjoy.

2010 Clay Calendar Sendspace

FearofH20

I wonder why Clay would have to go to different countries to record orchestral music. Do they play with an accent?(BWAH!) Seriously, it seems like we have quite a few adequate orchestras closer than England and Germany? (See below...heh) This makes me think that there is some kind of clue in selecting those two countries. Or possibly cross marketing as they may also be part of Decca's artists.

Or maybe because France is between England and Germany? :whistling-1::hubbahubba:

The man is simply made of awesome

Such a pity he's not invested in his career at all. :imgtongue:

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Would love to see Clay and Ruben together again ... and would love to play oboe in the backup orchestra! :lol:

Caro :listen:

Cindi... Thread title bolded and underlined!

Caro... I agree with you completely and thanks for bringing Cindi's thread title.

:clap:

Great blog,

Interesting activity.

Lots to look forward to.

Fun rumor.

Clay being Clay.

It's all good.

:clap:

Gotta figure out a way to make this into a thread title...

ldyj... Clay being Clay... it's all good sounds like a thread title to me!

Duckyvee... Yup!!!

I play with making a Clay Calendar each year. This year cindilu2's one wallpaper made me think of a concept. Thank you to cindilu2, FCA (timelines) and ClayAikenKids timelines. I have tried to compile quite a few of Clay's events over the last 6 years and the lovely pictures are courtesy of cindilu2. I also want to thank dancermom2 of Clayversity for proofreading this thing a few times for me. Please enjoy.

goldarngirl... cindi.... THANKS!!!

FearofH20

I wonder why Clay would have to go to different countries to record orchestral music. Do they play with an accent?(BWAH!) Seriously, it seems like we have quite a few adequate orchestras closer than England and Germany? (See below...heh) This makes me think that there is some kind of clue in selecting those two countries. Or possibly cross marketing as they may also be part of Decca's artists.

Or maybe because France is between England and Germany? :whistling-1::hubbahubba:

muski... What you said ^^^^ Great geography!!! BWAH!!!

The Controversey King strikes again...I love that outspoken man...his blog comments about the Wake County School Board made the N&O:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local_sta...ory/190048.html

Kim

:hysterical: It'll give him something to read on his Kindle.

NOT a good Fri. the 13th for me....was supposed to work 12-4; then someone was sick....so now I have to work a "split shift". 12-3:45 then go back again for 6:30-9:15. By the time I get home and then back again it gives me about an hour and a half in between, + I have to pay for gas back and forth twice.

Then I go outside to get something out of the car....and witness an accident between a friend of my neighbours and another vehicle. (She just SHOT out of our driveway without even looking to see if there was something coming...and there was!)

So now I have about half an hour. Crap.

Hey folks! The wallpapers in this are nice and all, but do yourself a favour and check out all the work goldarngirl did with the calendar part of this calendar. It's friggin' amazing!!! It's a reference I'll be using long after the year is over.

Thanks for all the work (mostly unsung) you do for this fandom, gdg. :bighug:

Way cool guys!!! :clap:

Cindy, There is one that I totally adore and was wondering if you'd done widescreen versions of any of the wallpapers? The months on the pdfs don't match the files that are outside of the folder, so it's either February on the pdf file or July on the other icons outside of the folder...in either case, it's the lavendar OMWH Virgin signing one with the :lub: guy in the middle.

I don't think my printer would print up anything very good. If we were to get it printed up at Staples or somewhere like that, would we have to give them the pdf files or the jpegs that are outside of the folder?

Way cool guys!!! :clap:

Cindy, There is one that I totally adore and was wondering if you'd done widescreen versions of any of the wallpapers? The months on the pdfs don't match the files that are outside of the folder, so it's either February on the pdf file or July on the other icons outside of the folder...in either case, it's the lavendar OMWH Virgin signing one with the :lub: guy in the middle.

I don't think my printer would print up anything very good. If we were to get it printed up at Staples or somewhere like that, would we have to give them the pdf files or the jpegs that are outside of the folder?

All of cindilu2's wallpapers can be found on her yuku page here cindilu2

As for the inside the folder thing. I am so sorry guys, I zipped a folder that I didn't realize had far more stuff in it than it needed. If you delete that one I will redo a sendspace with the right things in it. Once again, so sorry.

ETA 2010 Clay Calendar new sendspace

Thank you so much guys for your kind comments, it's nice to know you are enjoying it.

canfly172 My bolding. I took the calendars that I did print into Staples and had them laminated and had a coil put in. You can take in the PDF (there will be a charge for them to use them) but probably not nearly as much as the photo paper (which is what I used) and the ink would cost.