#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

aikim, it's too bad you couldn't stop off at my place -- I'm not THAT far away from Urbana!

My BIL is coming down from Minnesota today for the weekend, so I'm a cooking fool. Also, a housecleaning fool. Fortunately, hubby helps in that regard.

aikim, it's too bad you couldn't stop off at my place -- I'm not THAT far away from Urbana!

My BIL is coming down from Minnesota today for the weekend, so I'm a cooking fool. Also, a housecleaning fool. Fortunately, hubby helps in that regard.

Oh that would have been nice...maybe next time we would plan something!

Kim

Well last year I went to NYC for Thanksgiving and saw Spamalot the day after Thanksgiving so its kinda hard to beat that... but this year its gonna rock too. Wanna know why? Cause I am home and my mama and brothers are doing all the cooking. So far they have made pies, homemade bread, and the cornbread for the stuffing. The only thing I really have to do is show up, eat and socialize. Yep... I think I can handle that. hee

My mom is so excited because this is the first Thanksgiving since she retired and now because she doesn't have to work the day before, she is pulling out all the stops. Everything this year is from scratch! Unfortunately, I do have to work on Friday but I think its safe to say I don't need to worry about what to bring for lunch. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

thanksgiving_dinner_at_smileys.gif

A Happy Thanksgiving from Canada to My U.S. friends!

new blog includes a new word puzzle, and Clay flashback montage.

Ashes Clay the Man - Clay Aiken Spreading Blessings

:wub:

Ashes Clay-The Man Blogspot

Hee...I just finished the Rebus puzzles (I'm addicted to those) and watching Clay "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" :hubbahubba: THANKS!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

This year I bought a whole turkey instead of just the breast, because my grandson asked, plaintively, why we never had turkey legs to eat.

That is because I don't like turkey legs!

Anyway, I got a 23 pound turkey for a LOT less than I would have paid for just the breast half that size! Yikes!

I am also going to teach him how to make onion walnut bread, from scratch:

Bon Appetit onion walnut bread

The original recipe calls for a cup of whole wheat flour, which will make the bread more dense and chewy - it is fabulous, I still have the old Bon Appetit magazine, from sometime in the eighties, with the original recipe, and it is in my tattered old Best of Bon Appetit cookbook.

Great with butter, and with some nice dry red wine.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, whether it is Thanksgiving or not!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. When is Clay's birthday..isn't it right around now?

Anybody doing any shopping on Friday? I try to avoid that day if I can!

Clay's birthday is this Monday, November 30th. He'll be 31.

I always go to work on the day after Thanksgiving, even if the whole floor of my office building is spookily empty. No way would I set foot on a store on Black Friday!

Happy_Thanksgiving_013.gif

Wishing everyone who celebrates it, a

Happy Thanksgiving!

:trink4::chickendance::drinking71::popcorngirl::couch1:

Today I have to prepare a few things to take to my neighbors' home as they invited us for dinner. My husband spent three hours last night preparing an orange, chocolate, chestnut trifle to take there. I'm taking rutabagas and a salad with blue cheese, strawberries, oranges and spiced pecans. Probably won't go shopping Friday. If I do it will be at 6AM, so probably no. I'm better off going spinning, as usual on Friday, at the gym.

My husband's birthday is 11/30 and since I already bought him his gift (a ladder) I guess we'll just do the dinner route.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:trink4::chickendance::drinking71::popcorngirl::couch1:

Stealing this from Fear, because it works so well!

BIL is here, sleeping in my office, so I'm on the laptop in my bedroom...with hubby watching. LOL!

I MIGHT go shopping tomorrow, but it won't be until later in the afternoon. I've actually heard that the Saturday before Christmas is actually a WORSE day to go shopping as far as crowds though.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

The joys of being basically single: I'm going to be grazing at all my sisters' and cousins' and aunties' and friends' houses within a 30 mile radius! No cooking for me, just eating!

Yay!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

I'll be having dinner with some folks I never met (and my friend whom I'm visiting here), but it could be fun. It's a pot luck. I'm making fruit salad.

Tomorrow I'll be flying all day, coming home. Leave Richard's house at 5 am, arrive home 7 or 8 pm, even though actual time in the air isn't that much. At least there won't be too many others flying, hopefully.

No shopping for me tomorrow as I am working, but I am good with it because I have a bunch of stuff to get caught up & planned for next week, and nobody will be there to interrupt me. So far I love my new job but it is tons of planning and organizing and I want to get ahead of things if I can. BUT--I already did some Black Friday shopping... online... which beats the heck out of the crowds tomorrow! LOVE cybershopping!

My son and his wife stopped over this am for a light breakfast because they are going to her parents for dinner. My other son then came over for a short period of time to see them. His wife was busy cooking because that is where we are going for dinner. He wanted to see his brother because in December his family will be moving to Florida. This is going to be hard for me because they have my only grand child. One good thing is they will be withing one hour of my other son. I now we will survive this move but it is going to be hard.

Better get going and make my dishes I have to bring to dinner. Everyone have a great Turkey Day.

th_nturkeybasket.gifMerry Thanksgivoween, FCA!

The opening graphic (A Beautiful Mind) for the Carolina On My Mind blog reads Happy Thanksgiving, but the headline is Merry Thanksgivoween!

ABM_27b.jpg

Graphic by A Beautiful Mind

Also included are Aspiegirl's "All Is Well" montage and five clickable photos of Kai's maiden voyage in the barber chair. Here are a couple of the clickables:

th_BS5b.jpg th_BS2b.jpg

Kai Takes First Spin in Barber Chair

Hope you enjoy! :wub:

Have an awesome Turkey Day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Back from the In-Laws...had a wonderful time but there is no place like home! I never sleep well when we are there...strange bed and pillows and they keep the house so darn hot. I know older people feel the cold more; but it was unbearable; I stayed in the basement most of the time where it was cooler...TV is down there anyway and there was football to watch! Totally stuffed from dinner but it was so good...so good... I am making a turkey on Sunday since we didn't get many leftovers to bring home!

Hope everyone have a great day!

Kim

:waving-1:

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! (You know, if you celebrate it. :)) I've been cooking and washing dishes all day (yecch!) so mine's been busy and productive! Yay!

*bounces* Is it close enough to Christmas that I can play Clarols all day long???

I am a bit late but HAPPY THANSGIVING EVERYONE!

I love the banner! Wasn't the picture on the left taken at that DF competition thingee when Clay was one of the judges? I thought he looked so vulnerable that day especially when he sang WY. He twisted my heart. That is one of my favourite Clay songs.

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

65 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim