#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

From clayrev at CC

don't remember if I saw this posted here----a little convo between Clay and Reed on Clay's b-day:

Reed: If you're going to make a wish ... make it a good one.

Clay: I've made mine.

From clayrev at CC

don't remember if I saw this posted here----a little convo between Clay and Reed on Clay's b-day:

Doesn't that just make you smile?

From clayrev at CC

Doesn't that just make you smile?

Yep!

Kim

I'll be another twitter hold out because unlike Scarlett, I never go anywhere so there would be no need. I can't even get into facebook although I have one. I don't do any of those games, I'm not one to do random chatting, so I can't figure out why I'm even there.

I saw that Reed/Clay thing yesterday. Makes me feel all schmoopie.

I'll be another twitter hold out because unlike Scarlett, I never go anywhere so there would be no need. I can't even get into facebook although I have one. I don't do any of those games, I'm not one to do random chatting, so I can't figure out why I'm even there.

I saw that Reed/Clay thing yesterday. Makes me feel all schmoopie.

You are me...I have no interest in twittering and I have a Facebook, but I am lucky if I remember to check it a few times a week...I don't know how people have time to be on it all the time and play games!

Kim

ETA:

I'm only starting out on Farmville but my plants keep dying on me. I don't have any neighbors yet -- if you're playing, would you please be my neighbor?

Soooo Miss Scarlett, in between hoeing and planting and reaping etc hmmm would there be any rendering or processing going on???? :3:

ETA:

I'm only starting out on Farmville but my plants keep dying on me. I don't have any neighbors yet -- if you're playing, would you please be my neighbor?

Soooo Miss Scarlett, in between hoeing and planting and reaping etc hmmm would there be any rendering or processing going on???? :3:

:hangin: Uh-oh... *runs to get the tapes*

... was just relaxing a bit since today was my first day back after a week off and it felt like I'd been gone a month.. didn't have my lunch yet... :wetkissf:

And speaking of lunch hour... treenuts, I wasn't trying to do a quote but right after I posted I looked at it and went hmmmm.... I planned to go back to either turn it into a real quote (miniScarlett's school was just a stone's throw away from the Neighborhood so yes, I've heard enough to quote) or something that wouldn't be mistaken for one, but my lunch hour had disappeared... :(

ETA: gg, for some reason I cannot find the power cord of the camcorder. I'm not doing it on purpose, truly! last night I couldn't find the tapes but they just materialized this morning still searching...

I also haven't tweeted to date and I'm not so great at FaceBook either. I get bored easily. There are many things I should be doing and instead I just procrastinate. Perhaps the paint fumes around here are making me a little testy.

I got the wreaths for the National Inclusion Project yesterday and delivered them on my way in to work this morning. Amazingly people thanked me for selling the wreaths to them. Even my doctor called tonight to thank me. I printed out the flyer for N.I.P. to put with the wreaths. I'm hoping she will go to the website as she has a child with special needs.

Made an apple spice cake with chocolate genache frosting for Mr. Fear's birthday yesterday. He really likes it.

I could use a little blog from Clay about now. I could recommend a few more idiots for him if it would help.

I have a twitter accout but I never tweet. I might re-tweet something if I like it. Mostly I use it to follow Clay and a few other famous people.

Now facebook I really like. It is a great way to keep up with my family and what they are doing. In the past sometimes it seemed I was the last person to know anything going on with them. My grandson started college this year and I told him if he doesn't want me calling him every other day he should just post something on his facebook so I know he is okay.

Thought I'd post this here as well....from one of my Canadian B/A folks in Nova Scotia, on Facebook....

I promise it'll bring a smile to your day. :)

My daughter gave me that video. it was great!!

ETA:

... was just relaxing a bit since today was my first day back after a week off and it felt like I'd been gone a month.. didn't have my lunch yet... :wetkissf:

And speaking of lunch hour... treenuts, I wasn't trying to do a quote but right after I posted I looked at it and went hmmmm.... I planned to go back to either turn it into a real quote (miniScarlett's school was just a stone's throw away from the Neighborhood so yes, I've heard enough to quote) or something that wouldn't be mistaken for one, but my lunch hour had disappeared... :(

ETA: gg, for some reason I cannot find the power cord of the camcorder. I'm not doing it on purpose, truly! last night I couldn't find the tapes but they just materialized this morning still searching...

I think the Gala Best ofs are jinxed. Hopefully your cord will show up. :hugs-1:

ETA:

I think the Gala Best ofs are jinxed. Hopefully your cord will show up. :hugs-1:

But the thing is, I have 3 of them -- because any Sony camcorder powercord will do. *grrrr.... frustrated* It's because I flew straight to my work site after the Gala and then did a lot of traveling since. There are so many power cords here but so far not one Sony. I.will.find.one.of.them!

As for Facebook and Twitter, I try to go as little as I can so I don't experience the burnout that I did with Myspace, ( I was on there for so long that I got really bored of it.) Heck, at one time I didn't log in my Myspace for a full year.

As for Facebook and Twitter, I try to go as little as I can so I don't experience the burnout that I did with Myspace, ( I was on there for so long that I got really bored of it.) Heck, at one time I didn't log in my Myspace for a full year.

Good thing you logged on. I'm on call this week and I'd received a page (from Nigeria!) on a item that I didn't really need to do anything on -- just had to wait to make sure the folks in-country did what I suggested. Nice time to catch up on the boards...

Is there anyone who could lend/mail me a Sony camcorder powercord for a few days? I'm sure mine will turn up as soon as the borrowed one arrives but I need to get some work done desperately. Pls PM if you can help, thanks!!!

:GM_FCA:

61 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I have a Twitter account. Why, I have no earthly idea. Apparently people stalk me using it. I've never even looked at Facebook. I did look at my MySpace - once - for a couple of minutes - a few years ago. My social tolerance is very limited.

And on another, petty note: (WARNING: I am snickering at one Adam Lambert).

Mr. Lambert's album, which dropped this week, sold 198,466 copies. That's with an AMA appearance, "street cred" out the wazoo, everyone (including him) declaring him the coolest thing EVAH, critically acclaimed, RCA golden boy, yadda, yadda, yadda.

One Mr. Clay Aiken, with ATDW, noisily panned by many his own fans (some of which are currently in love with Mr. Lambert's current output), no award show recognition, couldn't define "street cred" if they spotted him two words, held up as a poster boy for "not cool", critically savaged, apparently RCA's red-headed (or red-headed at some point) step child, yadda, yadda, yadda, dropped 211,234 in it's first week.

Hmmm.

Works for me!

happily cabbage patches around

I did say, petty, right?

cabbage patches some more

It's not like I compared apples to apples - Clay's debut vs. Adam's debut, now it is?

tosses in a little funky chicken just because

Now one Ms. Susan Boyle (who's musical stylings I also dislike, but doesn't seem to be an ass) dropped 770,779. So somebody is buying CDs. At least half a million more somebodies.

does the funky penquin for Susan - because I can!

Is there anyone who could lend/mail me a Sony camcorder powercord for a few days? I'm sure mine will turn up as soon as the borrowed one arrives but I need to get some work done desperately. Pls PM if you can help, thanks!!!

Don't stress about is Scarlett. Yours will turn up and then you can work on the Gala stuff. You have been travelling forever, it seems like, maybe God is telling you to relax. :hugs-1:

Hope the move went well cindilu2. :welcome: Would you be my? Could you be my? Would you be my neighbour? Hopefully that's right, since I didn't have Mr. Rogers where I was brought up.

I'm bored and and my tummy is talking to me (and no, it's not saying "I'm hungry". It's saying, "What the HELL did you put in me last freakin' night!?!?! GROWL! GRUMBLE! BRAAAAAAAAH! Yeah, and I'm just gonna keeping everything inside roiling around because that's how I roll! Ha HA! CHUGGGG!"). Sometimes I seriously dislike body parts.

Did I tell y'all about how I looked up the best creperie in Paris and me 'n Perusing One went to look for it and we wandered all OVER the frickin' city and NOBODY was selling crepes and we finally gave up and sat down at a little cafe in some arrondissement in Paris (though for all I know, we might have walked all the way to Toulouse) that had outdoor seating and PerusingOne ordered beignets except it's clear the Parisians had never been to New Orleans because they weren't donutty things but some sort of seafood thing but extremely tasty. My frickin' stomach didn't object to that.

I think I need to go back to Paris. But I've promised myself south of the Equator this year. Decisions, decisions.

Kandre, you're funny. But WOW for Susan Boyle. What record company is she with..I'm sure they are dancing in the streets. The thing is that I think the publicity she gets from selling so many will fuel itself. So much free press out of that.

I don't even know what's on Susan Boyle's album and remember I wasn't overly impressed with her voice -- just thought people thought her look had more to do with the "surprise" than her voice which was good but not great. HOWEVER, she has an excellent commercial where you hear just a snip of her singing and I swear that few seconds touches me to my soul for some reason. Some time before the year is out I'll probably at least go listen to snippets somewhere. heee. I was also super impressed with Norah Jones on Dancing with the Stars. It's hard for new music to penetrate my world because I just don't listen to the radio or watch music shows or talk shows. For late night I've switched over to George Lopez from Letterman.

apparently RCA's red-headed (or red-headed at some point) step child,

and bwah on this... the man of many changing hair colors

Ha! I was watching the Prez' speech last night and all I could think about was, "ooh! Front row, eHP! Long chestnut-haired Clay was much hotter than grey-haired Obama (who is hot in his own special way, but definitely did not flirt with the audience. Or require them to sing, 'Pop! Pop! Pop!' Pity.") I did mention I would be shallow today as well, right?

Hope the move went well cindilu2. Would you be my? Could you be my? Would you be my neighbour? Hopefully that's right, since I didn't have Mr. Rogers where I was brought up.

Are you guys in the same neighbourhood or the same building now? Hope the move went well Cindilu2!

Hope the move went well cindilu2. Would you be my? Could you be my? Would you be my neighbour? Hopefully that's right, since I didn't have Mr. Rogers where I was brought up.

Are you guys in the same neighbourhood or the same building now? Hope the move went well Cindilu2!

Same neighbourhood.

Very good no-nonsense artical at antimusic.com ~

http://www.antimusic.com/news/09/dec/02Ada...ted_Album.shtml

<snip> Lambert was the runner up on American Idol last season he lands in third place among runners up when it comes to first week sales. Clay Aiken's "Measure of a Man" moved 613,000 copies while Bo Bice sold 227,000 of "The Real Thing" it's first week, an album that many considered a failure. And will all the hype and media coverage Lambert enjoyed, coupled with Amazon selling digital copies of his album for 3.99 last week, the flamboyant Idol runner-up only managed to sell slightly more copies than last year's runner-up David Archuleta who had first week sales of 183,000.

So for all the hype and controversy surrounding Adam Lambert it appears that he isn't living up to expectations. On the other hand, Susan Boyle who was also a runner-up on a televised talent contest focused on her talent and set records in the U.S. and the U.K. In five years and people look back on 2009 who will they remember? Boyle or Lambert. We'll see.

And we all know who they remember from 2003 :flirtysmile3:

I'm not out of town, but may as well be with what's been going on in my life. Enough is enough!Just here for a sec -- but did notice last night that Andrea Bocelli sold more than Adam Lambert, and it was Bocelli's week 2. Could it be a result of the PBS Christmas special he did with David Foster last week? If so, then apparently PBS Specials can be more productive promo than closing spots on the AMAs ... with controversy. (I'll bet RCA took Lambert to the woodshed over that performance.)

Oh, and I love that Bocelli records for Decca too.

I have to mention that when I am out of touch with the board and can just peak in from time to time, it seems to grow my obsession with Clay, and my thoughts of him. What is it? I'll never be able to shake this guy! YAY!