#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

attach_add.png

Maybe I should upload some rare images here. I got them from very old clay sites that have since closed down. Or haven't been updated since 2003 or a bit later. I could understand many reasons why the sites close down, especially ones ran by either some types of fans. Some teen girl fans either don't feel like keeping up a website that costs money if they didn't like the singer anymore. Too bad because I liked some of the girls art. :D

But at least there are still places for Clay fans to go, I can't find any surviving Ruben Studdard fanboards, and the one that do survive are abandoned. :(

---------

And for something random, I really can't figure out why I am so curious about that AI2 tour special, (the one with Clay pounding the soda Machine), I have been so obsessed with this special and especially the fans on there since they were so devoted. I've found stories from most of them. And as a former Ruben fan, I bet that that girl who said that Clay couldn't sing ( don't know why the heck she said that, Clay Aiken's got sensations vocals. Don't know why the hell that was even in the show, they could have not included it at all since it had nothing to do with that topic on hand.) probably forgot Ruben existed the next idol season. I don't know why I like it, most of the stuff was staged ie the Guam fans part especially (do you think that you can stay in the hotel lobby like that, the family just happened to be staying there there and Idol producers happened to see them and arranged the meeting) and it did'nt really cover anything that happened doing those two months like Clay's TITN video and everything. Hell, I studied so much about the special I could make a commentary on how it was made and everything. *g* Maybe I may do one day. :D

post-1698-1259908535_thumb.jpg

:GM_FCA:

Normally my day off, but we are having an in-service/holiday lunch at the library...combination work day to straighten the shelves, withdraw and neaten up the library plus we get a nice lunch...going to be fun but busy. Sure does put a crimp in my week though...Friday is always my running around day and now that will have to wait until tomorrow.

58 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

OT:

Never fails, soulsista4clay... just received another page... *shakes head*

On topic:

:helloFCA:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

ETA: Looks like we're going to get some weather today!!!

ETAA: It really doesn't look good. Everyone affected by the unusual (e.g. for Houston) weather, keep safe and warm!

Chatty is good soulsista when it's so quiet out there.

I have no Clay news. It's been a little hectic around here but the house painting is going to be finished today, just in time for the snow tomorrow. :whee: Taking some friends out for lunch in honor of their birthdays today, also. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

WOOHOO for Houston's snow alerts! Enjoy and stay safe! :whistling-1:

Enjoy your California visit, Scarlett! :snoopy:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog is entitled "Clay Aiken Music Heralds Holidays" and features Aspiegirl's "Christmastime" montage, a new December calendar (with and w/out dates) by cindilu2 with other graphicss by Fountaindawg, Invisible926, and Clayquebec1. Just as important -- to Grandma Caro -- are the pictures of Kai and Lia. :wub:

th_Kai_Th2a.jpg th_cind_DEC09nd1.jpg

Clickables of Kai and Clay

Hope you enjoy! My festive siggy was sent to me by A Beautiful Mind. Have a great weekend, all! :yahoo:

th_Caro_09.gif

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

Snow is good when visiting, eg. Waukegan 2006 the day after the blizzard. everything so white and clean.

Today in the gulf, not so good -- a large city w/o snow & ice equipment and a huge part of the populated can't drive on ice. Probably don't know what a snow brush is (I add knowingly/smugly).

I got leave to work from home but I'm really working, about twice a normal workload because I'm more involved in the safety, emergency prepareness & logistics systems.

Glad to hear from keepingfaith that they were given the day off. Hope everyone else is home.

ETA: Thanks Caro!!! :thankyou:

Stay safe and warm, Scarlett!

Hell, I studied so much about the special I could make a commentary on how it was made and everything. *g* Maybe I may do one day. :D
Go for it! :)

*sniff* Well, Caro, that did it! I miss him so much at this time of year...

Stay safe and warm, Scarlett!

Hell, I studied so much about the special I could make a commentary on how it was made and everything. *g* Maybe I may do one day. :D
Go for it! :)

:thankyou:

Yes... miss him most at Christmastime because no one sings Christmas songs like Clay Aiken!

I made a Clayvert today! Sitting at my desk listening to MCWL while I was withdrawing books...had it down kind of low and the secretary walked by and heard O Holy Night and said "you can turn that up, that is really good, who is it?" So I told her it was Clay and she was very surprised...remembered him from Idol but didn't remember his voice being that good. All day she would walk by my desk and tell me how much she really liked it and what a great voice he had! Made my day!

Other than that...very long tiring day...Library Director who is a control freak and a work alcoholic over-scheduled us...she initially asked the Department Heads what they had planned for their staff today which was mainly withdrawing, shelf reading and basically getting the library in shape for the new year. Well of course, she couldn't leave it at that...she had to make her own schedule of what were going to do including committee meetings (she is big on committees and every staff member has to be on one such as Outreach, Technology, etc.) and then gave us index cards with our day scheduled out by hour...so 9:00-9:30 breakfast, 9:30-10:30 Dept. Meeting and so on...geez are we in school? So everyone spent the day running from one thing to another trying to get everything in that she had scheduled. To say we are all exhausted, frustrated...especially those who happen to be on several committees and ended up in meetings all day instead getting work done they had planned is an understatement. Then we find out today that she wants procedure manuals updated for each department by Dec. 31...which really only gives us about two weeks since Christmas and New Year's weeks are short because of the holidays...not happy about that at all.

And I got my period...yeah been one of those days...I am so ready to be done with that business any time now.

Think a hot bath is in order.

Kim

I made a Clayvert today! Sitting at my desk listening to MCWL while I was withdrawing books...had it down kind of low and the secretary walked by and heard O Holy Night and said "you can turn that up, that is really good, who is it?" So I told her it was Clay and she was very surprised...remembered him from Idol but didn't remember his voice being that good. All day she would walk by my desk and tell me how much she really liked it and what a great voice he had! Made my day!

Other than that...very long tiring day...Library Director who is a control freak and a work alcoholic over-scheduled us...she initially asked the Department Heads what they had planned for their staff today which was mainly withdrawing, shelf reading and basically getting the library in shape for the new year. Well of course, she couldn't leave it at that...she had to make her own schedule of what were going to do including committee meetings (she is big on committees and every staff member has to be on one such as Outreach, Technology, etc.) and then gave us index cards with our day scheduled out by hour...so 9:00-9:30 breakfast, 9:30-10:30 Dept. Meeting and so on...geez are we in school? So everyone spent the day running from one thing to another trying to get everything in that she had scheduled. To say we are all exhausted, frustrated...especially those who happen to be on several committees and ended up in meetings all day instead getting work done they had planned is an understatement. Then we find out today that she wants procedure manuals updated for each department by Dec. 31...which really only gives us about two weeks since Christmas and New Year's weeks are short because of the holidays...not happy about that at all.

And I got my period...yeah been one of those days...I am so ready to be done with that business any time now.

Think a hot bath is in order.

Kim

Yay for the Clayversion. I think we should just walk around playing these songs out loud. I was so tired of the techno-sounding Christmas music that people in Hong Kong seemed to like. Too jarring, not Christmasy at all -- almost as if the songs were trying to cover up their being about Christmas so as not to make the listeners aware or uncomfortable. *shakes head*

Oh that bath sounds nice!!!

HBD, Thankful4Clay!!!

:birthday9:

Random clayzy moment of the day--Know what would be really cool? A Clay version of "Tiny Dancer"!!

:hello:

Hope everyone is happy and warm! I'm not! Warm!

ETA: I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Thankful4Clay! Bad me and happy birthday!

BRRRR! Cold drive home tonight ... and this is the South! :cryingwlaughter:

Thursday I received the 2010 Clay Aiken Calendar that Rosa Shurtz printed as a fundraiser for the National Inclusion Project. Anybody else get one yet? It is gorgeous! Like last year, she put the final five on Ebay and will sell all to the highest bidder. If you are interested, here is the link: Clay Aiken Calendar on Ebay.

Bidding ends on Dec. Dec 06, 2009 at 14:05:26 PST. Every month features a different photo by toni7babe This is a picture of the cover:

Rosa_2010Cover1a.jpg

Decca Grammy Nominations

Way to go, Decca! :clap: :clap:

Thank you for your kind remarks in the Carolina blog, tree. My daughter reads the journal when Kai and Lia are included. :wub:

Aspiegirl has a very thought-provoking blog at her corner: Autism - Routine - Visual Thinking - Inclusion.

Happy Birthday, Thankful! :04:

ETA: Awesome about the Clay convert, Aikim! :)

Have a super weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

th_Caro_09.gif

clazy

Random clayzy moment of the day--Know what would be really cool? A Clay version of "Tiny Dancer"!!

Oh I would love that! And maybe it is old enough, 38 years, that it isn't being played a lot on the radio.

Driving home today, listening to some of Clay's early songs, I was thinking how good he sounds with just guitars, piano and drums, a band. He doesn't need an orchestra.

I kinda think Clay likes the orchestra behind him, but that may just be me...

From the CV:

Fabulous Toys for the Holidays!

(I-Newswire) December 4, 2009 - Los Angeles, CA -- For the third consecutive year, Hollywood’s premier gifting company, Distinctive Assets, will bestow an array of fabulous gifts upon their favorite Tinseltown families just in time for the Holidays.

The lucky stars on “Santa’s” gift list this year include:

Tori Spelling

Halle Berry

Jennifer Garner

Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony

Ricky Martin

Salma Hayek

Matt Damon

Tiger Woods

Clay Aiken

Gwen Stefani

Elisabeth Röhm

Matthew McConaughey

Tobey Maguire

Jamie Pressly

Jessica Alba

Brooke Burke

Kelly Rutherford

Isla Fisher

Nicole Sullivan

Alyson Hannigan

Marcia Cross

Heidi Klum

Ellen Pompeo

Cindy Crawford

Sarah Jessica Parker

Each celebrity will receive a Britax stroller and Radioflyer wagon full of the following goodies:

• Two night stay at La Costa Resort and Spa

• Dutch-designed baby clothing by Lief! babywear&lifestyle

• A selection of luxury cream bars from Gamila Secret

• Gift cards for personalized cell phone covers by SkinIT!

• Onesies with detachable ties and bowties by Somebubby.

• Hypoallergenic hair gel for babies and kids by Le Baby Inc.

• 100% pure soy candles, which can be used to moisturize skin when the wax melts, by Soy Delicious Moisturizing Candles

• Sterling silver custom bracelets created by taviametal

• Couture Tutus for children by Lehla Shop

• Custom personalized stationery by Ashley Brooke Designs

• Fitness Retreat by Live in Fitness Enterprise

• Compact-fold stroller by Britax

• Hand-dipped scented snowmen by Whip City Candle Co.

• An inner child gift set by Lynnie An Inner Child

• Hands free, concealable breast pump by Freemie

• Handcrafted Swedish clogs, Organic Children’s and maternity clothing and accessories by The Scandinavian Company

• 4 scents of living natural essential oil diffusers by Living Naturals

• Gift certificates for 2 pairs of slippers from Dearfoams®

Credited for launching the craze of over-the-top celebrity swag at major award shows such as the GRAMMY®s, American Music Awards, Kids’ Choice, MTV Movie Awards, Latin GRAMMY®s, Academy of Country Music Awards, HBO Comedy Festival and other high profile events, Distinctive Assets is thrilled to once again add a little extra joy to some of Hollywood’s most famous families this holiday season.

That's some list of celebrities that Clay is part of. Woohoo!!!!

Happy birthday Thankful4Clay!!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I lurk here every day but don't post much. I don't post much anywhere anymore, but I do read.

I had a very nice birthday. My husband bought me a netbook and I'm ready to head to a Clay concert. Did you hear that, Clay?

Help! I am looking for a good quality digital music recorder.

My 17 year old grandson is a good, and I mean really good, guitar player. His high school instructor gave up trying to teach the guitar class and has Patrick teaching it for him. They plan to hire him part time while he is in college to come back and teach for them. His own instructor says he is done all he can for him and now wants Patrick to just keep playing and writing. I want him to be able to record his music and send it to me. I feel like I am missing out on some good stuff. I want to hear him play. With Christmas coming up I figure I will give us both a gift-- him the recorder and me the music.

I posted the above a while back. I talked to GS's dad. We decided on the TAS-DR-07 digital recorder. It should give good results for what GS does and the price was less than I expected. There are some recorders out there but the prices were higher and my son did not want me to spend that much this year.

Maybe I should upload some rare images here.

Thanks! He really looked different then, I forget sometimes. Ooops, somehow I lost the image when paring down the quote.

:pushingcake:Thankful4Clay. Glad you had a good one!! :04:

Wheeee, Saturday finally! :wub:

goldarngirl and I have put a Christmas present for y'all up on our site:

http://www.goldarngirl.com/jnt-vancouver.html

Remember when Clay was a black angel before he changed it to white? :lilredani:

These are also available in the CH, CV and CU vaults.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

57 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Clay uploaded a video of Hannah and him singing The Prayer on his Facebook...this comment from Hannah was on the public page of someone from Spamalot that Clay had tagged to see the video:

Quote: Hannah's FB response

Ah the twinnies singing away. Happy Happy days Cakey Chops! even though I sound fookin AWFUL!111

:Love you muchly. Massive snog to you even if you don't want it.

call me ya mo fo!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Snog = kiss

Cakey Chops = sweet cheeks?

I am sure Merrieee can translate!

Kim

Wheeee, Saturday finally! :wub:

goldarngirl and I have put a Christmas present for y'all up on our site:

http://www.goldarngirl.com/jnt-vancouver.html

Remember when Clay was a black angel before he changed it to white? :lilredani:

These are also available in the CH, CV and CU vaults.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

That was awesome!! Great memories....thanks to you and goldarngirl!!