#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

KAndre crawls back to the land of the semi-reasonable (my over-priced MS wireless keyboard and mouse went insane and so had to dig up my old logitech trackball, and then had to dig up a wired keyboard to make it work (which I had given my one wired keyboard to my mother because she had done something to hers and I was too cheap to spend $2 last week, but now stupid MicroCenter's cheapest one was like FIVE BUCKS), only to find I had NO freakin' AAA batteries anywhere in the freakin' in the house, and so go back outside (for the 4th time) to be exposed to Halloween madness - and yes, if you are a grown ass man going to a Halloween party, waiting until 4 pm on frickin' Halloween to find a freakin' costume is going to limit your choice. And no, the cashier ain't selling you hers. Doofus.).

But upon review of Couchie's week, I'm good.

hee bottlecap. I had a smile today watching PTI -- and they were doing their little trick or treat schtick -- and one of the guys said something was well almost a treat..not a real treat..more like candy corn. Hrumph. Don't be selling short the candy corn hee.

Well I guess the spell is broken because I woke up today and checked my bank and found one of those Oops moments where one thing can send your checking account into the land of fees. And I know how banks are ..they don't give back money especially when it's my own fault (damn you Ballys). But I emailed them anyway - and just simply asked for my money back (oh something about being hungry and almost homeless too LOL) and they reversed all my fees. Now that I'm out of the shock of it all..I'm thrilled. Maybe my bad luck is behind me.

Happy that you have broken your spell of bad luck. I have a friend who is fond of saying "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all."

As for the bank, I had the same experience a few months back, and was pleasantly surprised that the bank refunded my fees. I gave them a sad story also, but did not ask directly for my money back. So they gave me their spiel about how much more it would have cost me if the checks had bounced. At that point, I did say that this had never happened to me before, and blamed it on Ike costs ( which happened to be true ), and told them that I felt I should get my money refunded. Then they said I should just have told them that I wanted my money back. Duh! Why did they think I was calling? Anyway they gave me my money back and told me that they did have special provisions for Ike victims.

One thing I learned, was what you already knew, the direct approach works best, ask for your money back.

I work customer service in a bank. We are not to offer a waive on fees. The customer has to ask. Sometimes, when I really want to give them a waive, I'll try to get them to ask. I'm always happy to waive fees as long as they haven't had previous waives. We do keep track.

HapHalloweenSign.jpg

halloweenhouse.gif

I updated the Carolina blog with the donations contributed during the Oct. 30-31 Trick or Treat for Inclusion Campaign. Plans are to have a Final Push Party during the last 24 hours of the America's Giving Challenge. To date, a total of $14,800 has been earned by the National Inclusion Project in donations and awards.

Hope your Halloween is a SCREAM! ghost_pumpkin_md_clr.gif

Caro :listen:

The economy affected Halloween costumes this year. No fancy stuff...not that they care..as long as their candy bag is full. This year they were Layla Ali and Pacquiao

post-3-1257053073_thumb.jpg

post-3-1257053097_thumb.jpg

And as themsevles

post-3-1257053121_thumb.jpg

post-3-1257053134_thumb.jpg

My mom went trick or treating with the kids..so that means I'll spend the next month rationing her mother lode. I can't believe she actually went to doors with her basket asking if they had anything for grandma LOL.

Wonder what little Parker was for Halloween. Have we seen a picture since that rash of paparazzi pics earlier this year?

Too Funny Wanda.

KAndre...I'll take your day over my week hee.

Thanks for tidbit about banks Thankful. That's interesting.

emotewavepumpkin.gif

I have some comments on the ulcerative colitus stuff but too tired right now, lol.

15.gif

glowing_pumpkin.gif

WHAT?!? Why am I only finding now that October 30th is NATIONAL CANDY CORN DAY, when it's almost too late to plan a proper celebration!?!?

Zombiefied.jpg

DANCE, YOU TINY BITS OF WAXY GOODNESS, DANCE!

candycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gifcandycorn20ani.gif

Found some stuffs at the CB for ya...

candycorncake.jpg

candycornkisses.jpg

candycornpizza.jpg

candycorncookies.jpg

candycornbear.jpg

linepumpkin.gif

bar6.gif

Beautiful kids couchie, no wonder you are so proud of them.

We had the normal number of kids, eight, this year but it was raining hard so the parents were out driving them around. The candy I bought this year is large size. Mr. Fear likes to go into the freezer and eat them frozen so I guess I'll be cutting them up into smaller pieces. Since I also have a box of black & white cookies left over from our girls night out on Friday my freezer will be stocked with sweets.

Canfly, I hope you are starting to feel better. I enjoyed the pictures as I am really a candy corn freak and would eat them all the time if I didn't have some self-control. I've even bought the valentine candy corn, pink, red and white. Those cookies are adorable, I might just make some for Christmas in red, green and white.

Here's to a relaxing candy-filled Suday to all the FCAers. :whee: Although after liney's healthy post I might feel just a little bit guilty.

:GM_FCA:

29 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

91 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hey bottle the Hersheys Candy Corn Kisses are really bad!

I had exactly 6 trick or treaters! I now have 10 bags of candy to give to my DD for her 11th graders. She has a couch in her classroom and bribes them by allowing them to lounge on the couch, instead of sitting at their desk, to do their reading. Candy is good too! She is allowed to give them candy and as she says whatever works. Her kiddos are really low income so they don't get a lot of candy (especially the good kind) so it is very much a treat for them. She said it is amazing how a small piece of chocolate will change an attitude!

Oh by the way couchie.....thanks for having no edit counter!!

what the heck is candy corn flavored kisses? Has anyone tried it?

kewl but not kewl Carolina considering her diabetes and everything else. Oh well at least I'll get my exercise chasing her around trying to get the bucket out of her hand. hee

I think that's one thing everything everyone here insisted upon -- no edit counter hee.

what the heck is candy corn flavored kisses? Has anyone tried it?

kewl but not kewl Carolina considering her diabetes and everything else. Oh well at least I'll get my exercise chasing her around trying to get the bucket out of her hand. hee

I think that's one thing everything everyone here insisted upon -- no edit counter hee.

Exercise for you and her, Couchie! :snoopy:

Many thnx for the no edit counter! :cryingwlaughter:

Caro :listen:

The number of trick or treaters in my neighbourhood was way down this year.......I always fill the big bowl with candy, and I always run out, but this year I still have almost half a bowl left. It wasn't raining, it wasn't snowing, so all I can think of is the H1N1 scare. No big groups of teenagers either...was a very odd evening. I sat and watched Along Came A Spider on W to pass the time.

No candy for me this year, as I only bought gumballs that look like eyeballs, and two packs of Oreo cookies. Ok, so I admit to eating a couple of those, but I don't know what I'm going to do with all these eyeballs. LOL. My kids are all too old for trick or treating so no goodie bags to raid, either. Ugh.

The number of trick or treaters in my neighbourhood was way down this year.......I always fill the big bowl with candy, and I always run out, but this year I still have almost half a bowl left. It wasn't raining, it wasn't snowing, so all I can think of is the H1N1 scare. No big groups of teenagers either...was a very odd evening. I sat and watched Along Came A Spider on W to pass the time.

No candy for me this year, as I only bought gumballs that look like eyeballs, and two packs of Oreo cookies. Ok, so I admit to eating a couple of those, but I don't know what I'm going to do with all these eyeballs. LOL. My kids are all too old for trick or treating so no goodie bags to raid, either. Ugh.

Last year I bought a big box of little chocolate bars for trick or treaters completely forgetting that I'd be in Austin on Hallowe'en. They were some of my favourites...Snickers, Mars bars, Smarties. When I got home from Texas I did eat some and then realized that unless I got rid of them ASAP I would eat them all. So I took them down to our local food bank.

:GA_FCA:

Today's Carolina On My Mind blog features cindilu2's new November calendar (photo by Shamrock, with and without dates), Yollie950's Halloween montage (lots of Clay pix and videos to MJ's "Thriller"), a plug for the Nov. 5-6 Final Push America's Giving Challenge Party, and glimpses of trick or treating with the grandchildren in West Texas.

Kai was a giraffe, and Lia alternated between being a butterfly and a princess. :04:

Your hits and comments do help at Google, so thank you for your support. Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif