#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

No, sorry...not a direct response to me. My twitter name is my screen name here. I wish it would have been direct to me!

There are only three people I follow on twitter that I send directly to my phone: my workplace (which I figure I might need if we get the snowstorm predicted tomorrow evening), Guy Fieri (who is fun) and Clay.

It was nice to see the tweet as a text message -- see that's why I learned to like them.

*g* I don't let my workplace send directly to my phone.

Scarlett, Couchie & Treenuts...I live in Sacramento which is about two hours from Union City. We don't have a WFI location in the bay area this year. We are doing a couple of weeknights in Sacramento and also Saturday's in Davis (which is about 20 min from downtown Sacramento). So far we have not gotten much in the way of donations but I have volunteers scheduled so we will see how the next couple of weeks go. I hope it improves but given the economy I am concerned. I will be done wrapping in the late afternoon Saturday and then have to meet some other volunteers to pass off some supplies for Monday. Unfortunately, the time it would take me to drive to the bay area and back again with only the weekend off from work would just be too exhausting for me. I have some health issues (Fibromyalgia) that require me to not overdo it and I am already kinda pushing the envelop as it is and have not been feeling very well lately, which is why I have to regretfully pass this time around. I would love to hang with some clay fans but need to rest when I can. I hope you will invite me another time!

FromClaygary, meant to thank you yesterday for the pic of Clay in Germany!

There are only three people I follow on twitter that I send directly to my phone: my workplace (which I figure I might need if we get the snowstorm predicted tomorrow evening), Guy Fieri (who is fun) and Clay.

You don't follow me? I mean I write such pithy one liners---Not!

My favourite Tweet of the Day:

stephenfry I now accept that it is looking increasingly likely that Tiger Woods is, in fact, straight.
Bye the way Stephen Fry is Gay!

Scarlett, Couchie & Treenuts...I live in Sacramento which is about two hours from Union City. We don't have a WFI location in the bay area this year. We are doing a couple of weeknights in Sacramento and also Saturday's in Davis (which is about 20 min from downtown Sacramento). So far we have not gotten much in the way of donations but I have volunteers scheduled so we will see how the next couple of weeks go. I hope it improves but given the economy I am concerned. I will be done wrapping in the late afternoon Saturday and then have to meet some other volunteers to pass off some supplies for Monday. Unfortunately, the time it would take me to drive to the bay area and back again with only the weekend off from work would just be too exhausting for me. I have some health issues (Fibromyalgia) that require me to not overdo it and I am already kinda pushing the envelop as it is and have not been feeling very well lately, which is why I have to regretfully pass this time around. I would love to hang with some clay fans but need to rest when I can. I hope you will invite me another time!

Does this mean it's too late to set up one for this weekend in the bay area? How much lead time do we usually need? Are there any requirements from the stores? Is there a minimum number of volunteers or can as few as 2 or 3 do one? Do the stores provide the wrappers? Lots of questions, I know, but I just want to know what it takes to hold one event. Thanks!!!

ETA: {{{Claylove}}} (sorry to be of such a one track mind, i get like that with some projects) I hope you get some rest and yes, you definitely shouldn't try to make it this time. We will not forget to invite you again at the next event!!! Lots of warm bearhugs!!! :hugs-1:

You don't follow me? I mean I write such pithy one liners---Not!

My favourite Tweet of the Day:

stephenfry I now accept that it is looking increasingly likely that Tiger Woods is, in fact, straight.
Bye the way Stephen Fry is Gay!

BWAH! OMG I have to admit to being surprised but not shocked by the Tiger Woods stuff. What a DOG! I'm not sure yet what is true and what is tabloid and what just sounds about right but there is not only smoke but a raging fire. I'm not one to be judgemental and I'm sure as a golfer I'll still root for him to smash all existing records but DAMN his wife must be thinking karma is getting him right where he lives. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I love SYTYCD so I guess I'll finally see AL since I always tape it. If the Lakers or Warriors play on Wednesday I'll see it on tape. I have to say I hated that they put this show on in the fall. They haven't done well against real competition but maybe it's doing better now that DWTS is done. The fall season has been a mess from the beginning from letting Nigel and the judges affect hte show so much by being able to knock off the first 6 or so dancers. I think the audience would have gone a completely different route. Ellenore for the win!!! She may be my favorite SYTYCD contestant ever.

Claylove... I hope people start to open up their pocketbooks a little more for WFI.

I see so many more people out on the street these days asking for help. It's sad. I feel guilty for walking past people but I have no money to give away these days and there seems to be someone every few feet. I bet charities are really really hurting.

BWAH! OMG I have to admit to being surprised but not shocked by the Tiger Woods stuff. What a DOG! I'm not sure yet what is true and what is tabloid and what just sounds about right but there is not only smoke but a raging fire. I'm not one to be judgemental and I'm sure as a golfer I'll still root for him to smash all existing records but DAMN his wife must be thinking karma is getting him right where he lives. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Me too, If those 20 mistresses are true, he should have kept his thing in his pants. Being famous he can't keep secrets forever. I'll wait for the real truth to come out since I don't know what's true and what's fake.

:GM_FCA:

54 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks for the PMs, advice and encouragement about setting up a WFI -- I'll be working the phones later to see if there's something we can put together. I do remember that with the Girl Scouts year ago in Houston, we were able to find a store that provided everything -- wrappers, table, chairs, materials and all we had to do was show up. *keeps fingers crossed*

Fear, sorry about the funny PM; I was still in dreamland.

Have a great day, everyone!!! And a safe one too!!!

That Stephen Fry quote is funny - I know he is gay, but I find all that wry wit tremendously attractive. I always watch any show I know he will be on - talk show guest, psychologist on Bones, Blackadder, Fry and Laurie, etc.

For some reason I was entranced with playing the clip of Clay and Hannah singing The Prayer last night - what glorious lower register Clay! And he looked to be having so much fun, so relaxed. I think that is how he is when he sings with Ruben, I hope the rumor becomes fact. Soon.

frosty-the-snowman-graphic2.gif

th_OHolyNight.jpg

a WP version of the above graphic is at:

Clay Aiken The Spirit of Christmas/Mary Did You Know

Clay Aiken introduced me to the Christmas song -- Mary Did You Know.

The classic Clay passion and love shines when he sings MDYK, making it one of the most beautiful of the carols.

The blog has a true story that has the meaning of the Spirit of Christmas, graphics and of course a Clay Mary Did You Know montage.

Thank you for your visits and comments, I love sharing my blogs with you!!

smilie03.gif

It's been 2 years now since I was excitedly preparing to travel to Minneapolis to attend 2 Clay Christmas concerts.

I am sad that this year I won't be having the pleasure of hearing cell certs, reading eeeing posts, downloading and watching videos and collecting all those beautiful pictures of Clay.

On the other hand, it will mean less time on the computer and more devoted to getting ready for Christmas.

I'd rather have the excitement.

It's been 2 years now siClay Christmas concert had there been a tour this year, I still am sad that I won't be having the pleasure of hearing cell certs, reading eeeing posts, downloading and watching videos and collecting all those beautiful pictures of Clay.

Me too, If those 20 mistresses are true, he should have kept his thing in his pants. Being famous he can't keep secrets forever. I'll wait for the real truth to come out since I don't know what's true and what's fake.

If Tiger Woods had a reputation as a womanizer such as Jack Nicholson for example, then this would have been a non story. But this is a story about hypocrisy: pretending to be one thing -- profiting from it -- and behaving otherwise.

Catching a Tiger by his Hypocritical Tail

Tiger Woods, golf's alpha dog, is currently in the dog house this week -- and likely will be for much longer. The first sports figure to cross the $1 billion mark in total earnings, Woods made most of his fortune as a result of his "squeaky-clean model athlete" reputation. Last year, of the $117 million Woods made, $7.7 million was on the golf course; the rest came from endorsement deals. And that endorsement empire is built on the image of a hardworking, clean-living family man complete with wife, kids, dogs, and "values."

:hello: FCAers

Couchie, I,m trying to respond to your pm but it won't let me. It won't let me "reply" nor will it allow me to pm you!

I was, however, able to reply to someone else just a minute before so I have no idea what's up widdat :cry4:

I'll keep trying though...

And just because -

Thanks for the PMs, advice and encouragement about setting up a WFI -- I'll be working the phones later to see if there's something we can put together. I do remember that with the Girl Scouts year ago in Houston, we were able to find a store that provided everything -- wrappers, table, chairs, materials and all we had to do was show up. *keeps fingers crossed*

Fear, sorry about the funny PM; I was still in dreamland.

Have a great day, everyone!!! And a safe one too!!!

No problem Scarlett, you really had me scratching my head. On the other hand today was payday. :04: Maybe I can start saving up for the "tour" after I depleted my checking account at the Gala and in the fine city of Raleigh.

Clay is #3 on TVGuide.com's list of favorite reality show singers behind Susan Boyle and Kelly C.

TVGuide.com

http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/Favori...-1012719/3.aspx

Wonderful picture from the DF event back in May and a very nice write up. He's so purdy!! :wub:

Also, I just saw this...

Torrie Zito, Pianist and Arranger, Is Dead at 76

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/arts/music/08zito.html

Torrie Zito, a versatile arranger who worked with swingers like Bobby Darin, Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra as well as younger performers like John Lennon, Sinead O’Connor and Clay Aiken, died on Thursday at his home in Manhattan. He was 76.

<snip>

Pop singers venturing into retro territory made a beeline for Mr. Zito, who did arrangements for Carly Simon’s album “Film Noir” (1997) and George Michael’s “Songs From the Last Century” (1999). More recently he did arrangements for Mr. Aiken’s “Merry Christmas With Love” (2004).

He's among some good company here. :clap: The only thing I don't understand is why he is the only artist not taggged in the article!?

If Tiger Woods had a reputation as a womanizer such as Jack Nicholson for example, then this would have been a non story. But this is a story about hypocrisy: pretending to be one thing -- profiting from it -- and behaving otherwise.

This just struck me as funny -- remembering those kids declaring in the Nike commercial, "I am Tiger Woods!" Can you imagine kids lining up to say, "I am Jack Nicholson?" Jack has always been such a self-professed low-down, dirty rotten scoundrel where women are concerned. Just a thought, but wonder if Tiger would have become such a profligate were his father still alive?

Wow, congrats to Andrea Bocelli who held on to #2 this week with 103% increase over last week. Even Susan Boyle had a % decrease, but Josh Groban, Michael Buble, and Sting all had % increases due to their Holiday music products. Here's hoping Clay will have another Christmas album in the next year or two. I know he said that he had recorded all the Christmas music he liked, but he hasn't recorded all the Christmas music I like! I want to hear him sing, Angels We Have Heard on High, and We Three Kings, and Deck the Halls, and Carol of the Bells. And ..... I'd love to hear Clay sing "Santa Baby" though he'd probably not sing that outside a very private setting. But, still, I triple dog dare him.

Yikes, I guess no one will read this now that he blogged but please come back and check it out afterwards, 'k?!!

=======================================================================

Bay area folks, help! I found 2 great opportunities at the Borders on Market street.

This is easy because all you need to do is show up - Border's will provide the wrapping paper, scissors, tape, gift cards, stickers (to cover price tags) and ribbon, provide a table and chairs for gift wrappers and will also provide in-store announcements during the wFI time slot. All we need are 2 adults during the volunteer gift wrapping time and a container for donation. That's it. No hauling of supplies and things (well, a table sign and brochures would be nice), just getting there. Any donations made during our organization’s time are for WFI.

Now here's the tough part -- the only time slots available are on Friday Dec. 11 and Monday Dec. 14. anytime from 10am to 5pm that we can commit to. Sorry, but the weekends are already taken and (sob!) I'm only going to be there on Sat & Sun.

Is there anyone in the area who can pick this up, even for a couple of hours? It's such a good opportunity and nicely located - 845 Market St. San Francisco, CA 94103 - between Bloomingdale's and the Restaurant Collection.

Anyone interested? If you can come, please comment on my FB wall or send me a direct tweet @gingerscarlett with your name, date & time available and contact info. Thanks!!! If you can call a friend so that you'll have a companion and at the same time we're guaranteed of the slot, it would be even better. If you're alone, no worries -- we'll find a match but please call already because there isn't much time.

I hope we can still do it and I promise to run all the paperwork, contact persons and other fussy things. All you need to do is come and help out for an hour or two, in the company of like-minded fans whom you haven't seen in a while ---> it'll be great to meet up!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Way to go Mr Aiken. It's so sad that all the good work done to make educational opportunities equal for all is reversed in one fellswoop just because people were too lazy to go out to vote. Sounds like the school board wasted no time in changing things. Very discouraging! But hopefully people speaking out like Clay did can make the voters aware of how important a vote is.

Good luck in getting the WFI site started, Scarlett.

Scarlett, thanks for putting in that legwork. Hope you get a response. Like I said earlier nobody wants me to wrap anything that they are giving away as a gift. My own sister wraps the gifts I get for her family. If you really want to participate in a WFI I have no problem driving you to Davis - although the timing of your arrival and the distance might make that unfeasible. I have an aversion to driving in the dark. Perusing One can testify LOL. Too bad it's not on Sunday...or is it? But looks like Houston may have just found themselves a coordinator if there's not one already!!

KF I haven't looked at a sales chart in years. I do like that Boyle is a phenomenom. I rewatched her Britain's got Talent thing again on you tube and I still am not overwhelmed..I think the reaction of the audience is cooler than the singing and it was pretty pathetic the distasteful look some people had on their faces before she opened her mouth. The thing is she is a true internet sensation since her show didn't even air in the United States. And all the publicity she will now get for having a mega album will be damn near free. White house visits, her own tv specials etc etc. She'll probably only pick up steam over the next few months. Good on her. I did go to listen to the clips of her album and there are a few songs I will download.

I heard on the radio that Gatorade is the first to withdraw a Tiger product. They will keep Tiger in their back pocket though in case this all blows over but it will probably be years before he is viable as a promoter. I think the salacious nature of the details and the way a little more info is discovered every day will make others follow suit. It's amazing that he made 7 million from golf and 117 million from endorsments. WOW. Tiger is now the one thing he hated..LOL a celebrity. The tabloid press, that have basically ignored him all these years... will be relentless. His so-called steely concentration and psychological advantages - well it will be put to the test. I remember when Kobe was under investigation he'd be in court all morning, catch a flight back to LA in time for the game and score 40. Time will tell whether Tiger has the same focus. He'll be needed since he'll only make a paltry 10 million without all those endoresments.

LOL..after five years I finally updated my voter info. I would drive to my old neighborhood to vote. Glad nobody came after me. How silly! But that's what politics is all about. Hope Clay keeps making noise for all the kids in NC.

Hi, Couchie! I started watching HDD on Tuesday afternoons and still do when I'm free, as I am today. For the past few months, I check the charts to see just how low the numbers can go for a Top 5 "hit." And it's been amazingly low. Regarding Susan Boyle, I hope the White House thing works out, but I heard that there could be a problem. She's been invited to sing for Michelle's birthday, but word is that Susan only sings on tape and may be too emotional for a live performance. She would be a promoter's nightmare, except for the fact that she's already sold about 1.3 million CDs in two weeks. She's not my thing, but she's an absolute phenomenon. Andrea Bocelli is normally not my thing either, but his Christmas album is gorgeous. (Maybe it'll help put Parker through college, 'cause David Foster done good here. It could take some of the pressure off of Charice to fund Parker's education.)

I heard the Gatorade story and they are stressing that they aren't breaking their contract with him, just withdrawing one product named after him, which was intended for a limited time only. However, I can't see how his name will be worth much in the foreseeable future, unless he's selling golf clubs. I was one who thought this was a story that didn't deserve the first 15 minutes, but there was oh so much more to it, and now he'll be lucky if he's not too freaked to show up in public for a while. Personally and professionally, he's screwed the pooch. Golf is a game of nerves, and his must be shot. Kobe's wife stood by him during his crisis, but I think Tiger stands alone right now. It's certainly all crashing down on him, but he has millions and millions for consolation. I just can't scrape up any pity for this man. As long as there are people who lose their jobs and their healthcare and their homes, my heart is with them. Tiger can just cope the best he can, like everyone else.

Scarlett, I love your enthusiasm! I agree with Couchie you should be an area coordinator next year in Houston!

I feel I need to point out that there are procedures in place for having a WFI site and they need to be followed. All the information is on the National Inclusion Website, including the WFI Manual. There is a specific application for area coordinators who are responsible for planning, organizing, paperwork and the money donated, among other things. All volunteers must also sign a release of liability waiver (done online) and there are forms for volunteer sign in, total volunteer hours, daily donations, and instructions for sending in the money raised. There is also an online form to register the WFI site which is required. The Project also sent out banners, take away cards and gift tags to WFI sites earlier this month but there is an electronic version of the banner if you wanted to print something yourself for a last minute site. I do not want to discourage anyone by any means! Just wanted anyone interested to know there are specific procedures set up for the WFI project and all sites need to be coordinated per the WFI Manual and with Aron at the Project. I would be glad to answer any questions also and I am sure georgiesmybaby would as well.

BTW, I have volunteers already scheduled for this Sat. in Davis, but may need some help in the evening next Saturday. If anyone is interested, let me know.

I LOVED Clay's Blog!! Well Said Clay!!