#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Maybe just maybe when a person who is gay wins an election it won't be big news. On the other hand it does bring awareness. She seems like a low key, intelligent person from the few news snippets I saw on CNN. Here's hoping she can do her job without every move she makes getting judged by the media and/or those who may be haters.

Congratulations to the residents of Houston. :clap:

:yeahthat: and Well done Houston!!

Happy Sunday everyone.

Good work Aikim! Claylove I hope your WFI went well too.

I'm so excited. I have NYE plans. Normally I'm sleeping in the new year but my cousin won tickets to a comedy show at the Paramount Theater and I pounced on her first to take me LOL. The funny part is that last week I saw Cedric the Entertainer on the George Lopez show and he said he'd be there and I went..damn wish I had to money to go. Weeeeeeeeeeee.

Also hoping Houton's new mayor is FANTASTIC. I can imagine the nastiness of the campaign.

You know, all day yesterday I was saying to myself..."What the heck election is Houston doing?" So, when I saw the results this morning, I had a "duh" moment...and then started celebrating! I've read what Scarlett said, that the campaign really wasn't all that nasty until the last few weeks. I hope she does a good job for you!

Other than that...back to wrapping presents and getting them ready to mail. Also listening to Christmas music on shuffle via iTunes...Clay, Sting, Brad Paisley, the Charlie Brown Christmas album, and Straight No Chaser. It can be a whiplash inducing, but it's a cool mix IMO.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog combines montages by SueReu ("Four Years of Don't Save It All for Christmas Day") and Aspiegirl ("Little Drummer Boy") that deliver the same message: D-S-I-A-F-C-D! :P

For my family and me, this has been "cantata weekend" -- Saturday rehearsal and two Sunday performances with a rainy weather forecast of 90-100%. The musicians and congregation were somewhat damp, but the music was glorious! An overview of selections is included in the blog. Next on the schedule are two student holiday recitals preempted by a thorough housecleaning! :whistling-1:

Hope you enjoy! :wub:

Annise Parker becomes mayor of Houston!

Parker's win makes Houston the largest U.S. city ever to have an openly gay mayor.

Way to go, Houston! :04:

:hug: to all who need one.

Hope you enjoy! Have a great week, all! :twirly:

Caro2.gif

Finally dragged myself away from the banner just enough to say, "Great Banner"!!! Thanks so much, cindilu!!! :clap::clap::clap:

And thanks to bottle too, for the pictures.

I think I've uploaded all our clips from those 2 shows. Particularly liked how Parker must have heard WTOW the second night (as well as the rest of of his Christmas repertoire, songs made beautiful as only he can do)

We need some pictures. In honor of the reported sightings of of Clay in Minneapolis yesterday, how about a few pics from that city's Christmas in the Heartland concerts?

Minn2CITH7.jpg

Minn2CITH5.jpg

Minn2CITH4.jpg

Minn2CITH3.jpg

Minn1CITH4.jpg

Minn1CITH3.jpg

Minn1CITH2.jpg

Decorating the new page. GAWD he was hot that night!!!

Gorgeous new banner! Thanks cindilu!

:GM_FCA:

Love the new banner!

48 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Has anyone else ever heard their alarm(s), gotten up, switched them all off, <hit F5 on FCA once or twice> and then went back to bed and slept for 2 more hours?!!!! Aaaaagh!!! I'm in going to be in such trouble at work - and I've run out of excuses....

ETA: Well, at least I'm dressed and ready to go in record time!!! (I bet any eHP who sees this'll be shocked -- it was easy, I just pretended I was late for a concert to which we had front row seats) ... runs!!!

ETAA: And I could head straight to our training center @ West Alabama (since I'm supposed to be giving training starting tomorrow) to "check on things", and avoid the "rushing-into-the-office-after-9-without-a-computer" scenario I did last week...

Scarlett, Houston's new mayor made "Morning Joe" today. WOOHOO!!! :04:

Finally dragged myself away from the banner just enough to say, "Great Banner"!!! Thanks so much, cindilu!!! :clap::clap::clap:

DITTO -- awesome new banner, cindilu2! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I attended a "virtual" Joyful Noise Tour last night. It was great watching videos of Clay performing holiday songs from throughout four seasons. Next may be a "virtual" graphic party. With all I have saved and posted in blogs, my P/B is more than prepared for that shindig. :whistling-1:

Have a fabulous week, all! :yahoo:

Caro2.gif

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

On Houston's new mayor - believe it or not, especially in the initial election, Annise's orientation wasn't a biggie because frankly she's been in politics here forever and she's a perfectly boring accountant and will be a perfectly adequate mayor - just like Gene Locke was a perfectly boring lawyer, and Brown (hell, I can't even remember his first name) was a perfectly boring architect and would have probably been perfectly adequate mayors. I think our "alternative" paper, the Houston Press called them dull, duller and dullest. It sounds paranoid, but external interests did try and stir up some sturm und drang but went about it in the wrong way - they should have said she was for the Ashby High Rise or wanted to put MetroRail on Richmond or thought Bill White sucked. Frankly, Houston tends to like accountants better than lawyers in running the city because we tend to elect our comptroller (and honestly, Brown just appeared to be super old and wanted to be Mayor before he died). The turnout was incredible pitiful - and I heard about two of Locke's supported sending out flyers against "teh ghey" - but nobody I know got them (and frankly, my mother probably would have been the target audience). She knows Annise is married to some woman and has been for years and thinks it's a little strange and knows disapproving is not right but says she's working on it, but Annise being gay isn't why she didn't vote for her - she's 70 and frankly just votes for black candidates when she can (although she loves Bill White). She would have voted for Annise if Gene wasn't in it because women candidates are her second choice.

I started up the MWCL and AIW rotation this weekend (people, I can't get into Christmas too early...no, no, no, no, no!)

Scarlett, Houston's new mayor made "Morning Joe" today. WOOHOO!!! :04:

I'm glad it's making some news because this is part of the process by which it'll become "not news" someday. People who do not experience this in their daily lifes (including people living in "progressive" cities) need to hear about it so that when the time comes for their own cities to have a similar vote, it won't be such a big step.

I attended a "virtual" Joyful Noise Tour last night. It was great watching videos of Clay performing holiday songs from throughout four seasons. Next may be a "virtual" graphic party. With all I have saved and posted in blogs, my P/B is more than prepared for that shindig. :whistling-1:

Can we have a "virtual" JNT too?!!! Admins?

I didn't realize that the combined DSIAFCD was already available -- looking forward to viewing it when I get home tonight!!! Thanks for the link! :thankyou:

Of course, if you were really channeling me, the gorgeous new banner would feature a little holiday tongue along with the lovely lipbite. :hahaha:

snowflake_sway.gifth_NBCITH2.jpg snowflake_sway.gif

LOL! It's bad enough he's eyef*cking whilst singing about baby jeezus - flaunting the tongue is sure to get us all a big lump of coal in our errr.....stockings.

:hahaha:

Thanks for the banner love, all. And soulsista, the font is called Frosty.