#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Stealing this from someone from CH who stole it from somebody else, but never mind all that. Happy 2010 y'all!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

HAPPY NEW YEAR FINDING CA!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

♥ CLAY ! ♥

Stealing this from someone from CH who stole it from somebody else, but never mind all that. Happy 2010 y'all!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FINDING CA!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

♥ CLAY ! ♥

In this case, stealing is good ya'll!

My wish for everyone here is health, happiness and hope.

My wish for Clay is the same -- health, happiness, and hope. I love him, want the best for him, but also wants what HE wants. May he have that for the rest of his life...

:GM_FCA:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

31 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

79 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating.

Everyone have a great day! I plan on watching HGTV's coverage of the Rose Parade!

Finally, some food for thought...found this and thought I would share:

Take time to WORK...It is the price of success

Take time to THINK...It is the source of power

Take time to PLAY...It is the secret of perpetual youth

Take time to READ...It is the foundation to wisdom

Take time to be FRIENDLY...It is the road to happiness

Take time to DREAM...It is hitching your wagon to a star

Take time to LOVE...It is the privilege of the gods

Take time to LOOK AROUND...It is too short a day to be selfish

Take time to LAUGH....It is music of the soul

Kim

kim, that poem is great. If I can do half of what it says....

Anyone watching the Rose Parade? I LOVED the snowboarding dogs! And I have to admit that the blind marching band moved me to tears. Talk about inclusion...

*envisions Clay making notes for the 2010 Gala*

Anyone watching the Rose Parade? I LOVED the snowboarding dogs! And I have to admit that the blind marching band moved me to tears. Talk about inclusion...

Glad you liked it! I so enjoy watching the Rose Parade every year...and yes, seeing inclusion in action is so heartwarming!

Kim

I am not really watching it but I did see the adorable snowboarding dogs! Awww!!! And the blind marching band made me cry! However I always cringe at all the wasted food that is part of the floats and think about how many starving people it would feed.

I am not really watching it but I did see the adorable snowboarding dogs! Awww!!! And the blind marching band made me cry! However I always cringe at all the wasted food that is part of the floats and think about how many starving people it would feed.

Maybe some of it is salvageable, and they send it to shelters. I do believe that there is always the concern that if the food is not fresh, it could make people sick. There are so many hungry people in the US that it seems almost sinful to waste food this way. JMO

I hope so desertrose It always just kills me to see food wasted, even at home. I always think this piece of bread or half glass of milk could have saved a life. I do donate to UNICEF and Feed the Children every month but wish i could magically transfer food across the milesto individuals. So much is donated and wasted sitting at docks and airports for lack of transportation. I think UNICEF out of all the organizations does the best job of handling this.

From what I was watching this morning on several of the parade pre-shows, the floats all have to be of "natural" ingredients, not necessarily "edible" ingredients. Most the floats seems to be made of flowers, bark (from trees), seeds (such as lettuce and mustard seeds), and ground spices. I'll have to double check on this, but I think there's not a lot of edible food used in the floats.

Wasted food makes me totally upset too. I tend to support places that can reuse food (safely, of course). It's hard to find these places, but they are out there.

From what I was watching this morning on several of the parade pre-shows, the floats all have to be of "natural" ingredients, not necessarily "edible" ingredients. Most the floats seems to be made of flowers, bark (from trees), seeds (such as lettuce and mustard seeds), and ground spices. I'll have to double check on this, but I think there's not a lot of edible food used in the floats.

Wasted food makes me totally upset too. I tend to support places that can reuse food (safely, of course). It's hard to find these places, but they are out there.

Thats good to hear. I always thought that the Rose Bowl floats consisted of Roses. Of course, I have never been to one and even though I would love to go, I will probably never get to. My cousin and her husband went to the Rose Parade this year. They have gone before. I will save my money for the wonderful Clay year that I hope will happen in 2010.

Women's shelters can always use donated food. I know because I used to serve on the board of one back in another life. At that time the women had to get food stamps, and each one was responsible for buying the food, cooking it and feeding her own children. I do not know if it works that way now, but donated food was always a big help to these women.

Idyjocelyn, In the past they have used lots of rice ,beans lentils and one year small potatoes to make cobblestones. Of course there is no way to tell if these items would have made it to the hungry.