#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

soulsista, you have to take control of your life. You can go back to school and meet new friends, learn and take your time searching for a career. There are lots of ways to get scholarship, loans or work and pay plans. Set some goals and work towards them. Time goes by too fast so do what you need to do for yourself now. I regret many things in my life, choices I should have made, but as I said life is short so I just don't think about the past. You seem very bright. Think of what you want and take those mini steps in getting there. Good luck!

:GM_FCA:

26 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

74 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm glad you added the spring countdown as I'm so looking forward to spring, I don't do winter sports so I find winter so longggggggggggg!!!

Glad you are enjoying it! Makes the winter bearable when you know spring is close!

Kim

Hi everyone, still here waiting for the man to show himself. I can not wait for the cd. My concert body and I were able, for the first time in about 4 weeks, to get together today. We sat and watched Christmas in the Hearland in Kalamazoo today. That voice is just beautiful and I can not wait for more. After watching this I really miss him. I have a ski trip planned the week of the GFI and no internet access. It will be hard to wait one week to read and see anything. Hope you all have a great new year and we get to see Clay over and over.

:GE_FCA:

Clay Aiken Practices Golf Swing is the headline of the new Carolina On My Mind blog. Besides GFI, featured segments include this weekend's National Youth Inclusion Summitt, and SueReu's RETRO 3 montage for anyone who has been on the moon these past few days. :)

This is a clickable of the opening graphic by AmazingCA:

th_ACA_1.jpg

Clickable by AmazingCA

:hug: for all who need one.

In our family, Mr. Caro is weak. He was zapped twice during last weekend's procedure and says he feels as if he's been run over by a mac truck. Still, he may go home tomorrow. We appreciate your prayers and concern. :wub:

Have a wonderful rest of the week! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Caro, glad to hear Mr. Caro is doing better. His little grandbabies must miss him. I also want you to know hiw much I appreciate all you do to keep Clay's name out there with your blog. Beautiful work. :bravo:

I appreciate couchie for keeping this board going, even during periods of silence. :thankyou: Won't be long before we are veery talkative again. As well as ldyj for keeping track of Clay's goings on. :giveflowers:

And all the rest, who have added to this board and to the discussion herein. :highfive: Have a wonderful day today.

:GM_FCA:

Snowing here...looks like a couple of inches so far but it is supposed to snow all day...could be interesting getting to work. Our library never closes; doesn't make sense to me because I don't see the point in paying people to sit around when there are no patrons in the library.

25 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

73 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day and safe traveling to all those venturing out in the snow!

Kim

With apologies to aikim...

SNOW DAY TODAY!!! Woohoo! Colleges do tend to close around here when it's snowy. I think we've gotten about 4 inches of new snow overnight, and then the wind is supposed to begin to blow (which means drifting). Anyway, it means I can sit around, drink coffee, and pet my cats. LOL.

Thanks for the compliment Fear. I try my best to keep both the articles section here, and the articles and timelines sections on FCA up to date. However, I will admit that I don't read around that much any more, so if people find things, go ahead and post them! I need to get into the habit of reading CV, as they seem to get news first anymore.

Hee! And I'm in-between aikim and ldyjocelyn... not a snow day like ldy but I can work from home so I don't have to drive in... we're getting the same storm as both of you as I'm along Lake Michigan, just further north... it's supposed to snow all day/night until about 6 a.m. tomorrow... 8-12" they are saying along our lakefront. Drive times are already 4x normal, if not more where there are accidents... Have I ever mentioned that I'm sooooo over winter? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm home...the library director decides after everyone gets there to close the library...so I spent 10 minutes cleaning off my car...20 minutes getting to work and then I had to turn around and do it all over again. Geez...she knew the weather conditions...she could have saved us all the trouble and just closed beforehand.

So I get home, decide to do some shoveling..promptly fall on my ass and wrench my shoulder...I am done...going to sit on my butt the rest of the day...damn the snow, it can just pile up. Actually DD#3 is out finishing up.

Think I need a cup of hot tea!

Kim

Since it's slow...

Anyone here got a webcam? Use it regularly? My hubby got me one for Christmas and, thanks to the weather, had time to install it today. Well, first of all, I had to find a hub, because I was out of USB ports! Anyway...if you have a webcam and want to talk, contact me to exchange info. Right now, all I have set up is gmail video chat (I have LOTS of contacts there, but very few have the video feature, it looks like) and Windows Live Messenger (where I have NO contacts whatsoever!). I'll probably add Skype at some point as well, as my family has that set up.

Since I seem to be the only one here...LOL...

Golfing for Inclusion Registration and Information Page

Golfing for Inclusion Auction Page

Most of the auction stuff will interest golfers rather than Clay fans, but there are these two items:

Dinner for Two with Clay Aiken

Voicemail Greeting from Clay Aiken

And the cryptic, as usual, "And other great items including a few surprises..."

Thanks, everyone... the good vibes worked! See below.

liney! I am so sorry, I hope that it is something that a simple surgery can fix.! I am having cataract surgery next week which I was dreading until I heard your news! Was it sudden or gradual?

{{{{{Claycherie}}}}}

The doctor said it was blood in the eye. He said sometimes the vitreous fluid in the eye will pull away from the wall of the eye and will break a tiny blood vessel. He said he couldn't see 100%, but it didn't look like the retina was torn. He said there is a simple surgical procedure that can put it right if it doesn't resorb on it's own in a couple of weeks. So, I go back next week to get it checked on. So, I will continue to drive R.E.A.L. carefully and put paper towels under when I pour cause I miss more often than I hit (depth perception). He won't know for 100% that the retina isn't involved, but I feel much better.

This was the first time I had my eyes dilated. What a trip. The dr's office is across the street from a shopping mall, so I went over to kill time until I could see well enough to drive... O.M.G. I was totally bored. I couldn't go to a movie, I couldn't read, all I could do is shop or eat... oh, poor me! LOL

At 6pm I could drive home and I was never so glad to leave a mall in my life... do you think there is something wrong with me??? :cryingwlaughter:

Luckiest, Congratulations! In today's economy, getting a job is really cause for ceebration.

Liney and Claycherie Good luck to both of you.

I've been holed up in a motel for 2 days with 2 cats and 2 dogs. My idea of hell. My house is being tented for termites. We all get to go home tomorrow. Thank God.

{{{{{wanda}}}}} Sorry, I don't have any tranquilizers to send you!

{{{liney}}} Hopefully it's nothing more serious than a detached retina

{{{claycherie}}} Good luck with your surgery

{{{wandacleo}}} Hang in there, it's almost over!

Regarding Ruben, didn't Clay say in the OFC Q&A that he wanted a male back up singer. Ruben could be that as well as singing some solos.

Somehow, I just can't see Clay relegating Ruben to a back up singer position. If they do anything together, I would bet that Clay would make Ruben his equal on stage, at the very least.

For everyone, if you experience "flashers and floaters" - seems like camera flashes going off just outside your field of vision, and little dotlets floating around in your eye, get thee to an eye clinic ASAP. They can do wonders these days!!!

Interesting. I have terrible floaters, and have had for years. I will be sure to mention it at my next appointment.

The new job feels more like a promotion than a new position. Not a whole lot is going to change, other than who I report to. I probably won't need to switch desks, and if I do it will just be a shuffle to a different corner of the quad we sit in. Honestly, I've been programming for quite a while now, I just haven't really been recognized for it. So I'm very happy to now call myself a 'programmer' and actually have the job title to back me up. :)

luckiest... the important thing... I know you said an extra week's vacation, but do you get more money???? LOL

djs... I think the fact that I have had no flashers is why the dr thinks it was just a capillary tear rather than retina tear.

desertrose thanks, the eyedrops are a pain anyway you have to use them 4 times a day for one brand and twice a day for the other brand for at least 6 months plus you would still have to go regularly to have your eyes checked. I am just going to opt for th surgery! Mostly I resisted it bcause I have so many animals it is going to be very difficult to take care of them as you aren't supposed to lift anything or bend over etc. for a week. My gd lives with me but she works and is going to college to be a Vet-Tech and isn't the most helful human being in the world! She is very good about taking me places but as for anything in the house forget it!

Surely we should be hearing something about the cd soon? Come on Decca! Don't some singers release a single months before their cd? I am a bit uneasy about Ruben's tweets! I like him but he wont sell any seats for concerts so I don't understand why Clay would tour with him. It should be all about Clay's new cd. However we really don't know anything so hopefully it will be a little reunion or an appearance on tv. That I would like as they sound very good together. I would love Ruben as a backup singer but I know Clay would not do that and although Ruben has had only moderate success he always seems supremely confident about his success and sales!

claycherie... My friend had cateract surgery (at 85) and her dr told her not to lift anything heavy, but said if she kept her head upright, she could squat down with her head upright to get stuff off the floor, you just can't look down. Maybe that will make it doable. Before you have your surgery, put individual servings of dog food in baggies so you don't have to lift a dog/cat food bag. You could do the feeding, etc by doing the squat down instead of bending over.

Hi everyone, still here waiting for the man to show himself. I can not wait for the cd. My concert body and I were able, for the first time in about 4 weeks, to get together today. We sat and watched Christmas in the Hearland in Kalamazoo today. That voice is just beautiful and I can not wait for more. After watching this I really miss him. I have a ski trip planned the week of the GFI and no internet access. It will be hard to wait one week to read and see anything. Hope you all have a great new year and we get to see Clay over and over.

gbm.... BWAH!!! (see bolded above)... your concert body???? Where do we get one of those???? :cryingwlaughter: Typos are just so dang funny sometimes! I proofread all the time and get highly entertained sometimes. Once the title of an article one of my guys was writing had the word "but" in it and after it going around to four different people, I noticed that "but" had an extra "t" on it. :cryingwlaughter: Put a whole different spin on the title... BWAH!!! Since it was caught before it went to a client, everyone thought it was very funny.

luckiest... the important thing... I know you said an extra week's vacation, but do you get more money???? LOL

Heheh, didn't I mention that? Almost 30% raise. I'm ecstatic! Apparently this job is the equivalent to 'management', not that I will be managing anybody. Although from the sounds of things, I will be doing the lions share of training the other hiree. Figure that out, since he was hired as the same position as me. :o

Glad to hear that the doc doesn't think your eye situation is too serious. I HATE those eye drops that dilate your eyes, and refuse them more often than not because they wreck the rest of your day.

luckiest1 :whee: for your raise!

liney I am glad that it isn't anything serious. Doesn't there seem to be a lot of eye problems around the boards lately! I guess everyone just suffered in silence before all this new eye surgery appeared.

claycherie... My friend had cateract surgery (at 85) and her dr told her not to lift anything heavy, but said if she kept her head upright, she could squat down with her head upright to get stuff off the floor, you just can't look down. Maybe that will make it doable. Before you have your surgery, put individual servings of dog food in baggies so you don't have to lift a dog/cat food bag. You could do the feeding, etc by doing the squat down instead of bending over.

I will practice this for the next few days, thanks. Trouble is -it is easy squatting down but not so easy getting up! I have 6 indoor cats three front porch cats, two back yard cats, three dogs and a collection of birds my neighbour decided she didn't want any more, cockateils, lovebirds and parakeets. I put them in the garage at night time because it is cold (50 degrees is cold for Calif!) and haul them out on a table with wheels in the daytime. I did have banty chickens but only have one left. And my 'possum recently died as did my ducks. I am not a crazy cat lady, they are all rescued animals even the chickens and I have had them all spayed.

Is anyone going to the GFI? Maybe Merrieeee?

Is anyone going to the GFI? Maybe Merrieeee?

Well duh, of course I am going. :hahaha: I had a great time last year and really am looking forward to it again

I just installed my new monitor... a 27" widescreen baby so I am already for the Clack to start rolling in! Now I have officially gone off the deep end!

Since it's slow...

Anyone here got a webcam? Use it regularly? My hubby got me one for Christmas and, thanks to the weather, had time to install it today. Well, first of all, I had to find a hub, because I was out of USB ports! Anyway...if you have a webcam and want to talk, contact me to exchange info. Right now, all I have set up is gmail video chat (I have LOTS of contacts there, but very few have the video feature, it looks like) and Windows Live Messenger (where I have NO contacts whatsoever!). I'll probably add Skype at some point as well, as my family has that set up.

I have a webbcam on my laptop but I don't have the faintest idea how to use it.

Since it's slow...

I have a webbcam on my laptop but I don't have the faintest idea how to use it.

The odds are for a webcam on your laptop, you need to use a service, like MSN, AIM, Skype that uses the webcam. When you choose a video call, that will take care of activating your webcam. When you install a webcam, it shouldn't be different, but an external webcam is not necessarily as easy.

Thanks to kimiye, I'm mostly working with an external webcam. Skype was EASY. Gmail video chat worked except that she couldn't hear me -- we could see each other and I could hear her just fine! I'm trying to find someone else who can work with me on the gmail chat to figure out if it was my problem or not.

Best part -- totally free! Well, except that I pay for my internet service! LOL!

Thanks to kimiye, I'm mostly working with an external webcam. Skype was EASY. Gmail video chat worked except that she couldn't hear me -- we could see each other and I could hear her just fine! I'm trying to find someone else who can work with me on the gmail chat to figure out if it was my problem or not.

Best part -- totally free! Well, except that I pay for my internet service! LOL!

That's great re: external. I have always had issues with externals. The internals are a no brainer. Great that it works for you though, it's nice to be able to see and hear your friend without extra costs.

But couchie -- it sounds like you get earthquakes! Did you feel it? Everyone OK?

I heard about it on the news LOL..although I'm only 10 miles away from the epicenter. I think I was on the freeway at the time.

I have a webcam on my laptop but have never even tried it.

My daughter lived in Tokyo for 5 years. In that time we communicated through MSN messenger. We could talk for hours and we could see each other on an Intel camera that I bought at Circuit City at the time. I bought one for her also and sent it to Tokyo. Messenger worked really well. It was free except that we were both paying for internet service.

In the beginning, we would have to email that we were going to get on messenger so both of us would get on at the same time. Sometimes I would leave messenger on all day. They hardly ever kicked us off. One time I was in the bathroom, and I heard one of my grandkids calling, GRANDMA. He was calling me all the way from Amman Jordan, which was where they were living at the time. Interesting thing was that my daughter heard of using messenger this way from a Jordanian friend.

Towards the end, Messenger came up with a better system, where one could make the other person's computer actually ring like a telephone. This was great. In the last three years I have not used messenger anymore because Daughter and family now live in Dallas, and it is cheap to call and visit her.

Using messenger with intel camera kept us in touch every day and it did not cost anything. Once in a while, very seldom, messenger would have to close, and they always gave us a notice to "please finish our conversation in the next five minutes because it need to close." I thought that was very sweet since we had it open all day almost every day.