#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

:GM_FCA:

It has stopped snowing here, but we did get more overnight...no wind either...guessing the worst of the storm has gone up north. Safe travels to all those having to go out in this mess!

24 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

72 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

We got another blast of winter in the night....a few inches of snow, and the roads are very messy. I hope goldarngirl isn't too close just yet, so maybe they have some time to get the highways plowed before she hits them.

I called into work today because at 5:30 the roads were hazardous. It finally quit snowing, we got around 6 inches. They called me and wanted me to work, not in my unit but in a unit that had call ins. I have a problem with that because my drive on a good day is almost an hour. This would of taken me about 2 hours. On top of that I have learned in the past that I take the risk and the people that call in are within minutes from the hospital but because of schools being called off they have no sitter. When my children were that age and I was working I had plans when that would occur. In the 38 years I have worked there I have called in 5 times. I decided this am after watching the news I was not going to put myself through it. I called my unit this am and they say they are fine. The girls who live about 20 minutes from work said it took them one hour to get to work. I was glad I did not even try.

CV is reporting that Clay is seen in the promo for the Atlanta edition of AI! Yey!
There is clack of it up at CU -

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Americ..._Idol_9_Series/

Here's a screencap of Clay in the promo, which is about this year's Atlanta auditions ("Will the place that gve us some of Idol's best talent deliver again?"), and includes Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson.

AI9Promo.jpg

Thanks to kimiye, I'm mostly working with an external webcam. Skype was EASY. Gmail video chat worked except that she couldn't hear me -- we could see each other and I could hear her just fine! I'm trying to find someone else who can work with me on the gmail chat to figure out if it was my problem or not.

Best part -- totally free! Well, except that I pay for my internet service! LOL!

That's great re: external. I have always had issues with externals. The internals are a no brainer. Great that it works for you though, it's nice to be able to see and hear your friend without extra costs.

goldarngirl... I have an external with Skype and have only ever gotten a black screen. My friends husband was supposed to help me get it working, but they then went thru a rough patch in their marriage and I didn't want to ask. Maybe soon?? I wanted to figure it out so I can see the grandkids that live the furtherest away more often than once every 4-6 weeks.

Desertrose... I'll have to try MSN Messenger, that sounds great!

treenuts... Eeeeeeeeee!!!! What a good way to refresh peoples minds who Clay is before a new CD comes out! I just feel that this is going to be a good year for Clay and us'n!

Thanks to kimiye, I'm mostly working with an external webcam. Skype was EASY. Gmail video chat worked except that she couldn't hear me -- we could see each other and I could hear her just fine! I'm trying to find someone else who can work with me on the gmail chat to figure out if it was my problem or not.

Best part -- totally free! Well, except that I pay for my internet service! LOL!

That's great re: external. I have always had issues with externals. The internals are a no brainer. Great that it works for you though, it's nice to be able to see and hear your friend without extra costs.

goldarngirl... I have an external with Skype and have only ever gotten a black screen. My friends husband was supposed to help me get it working, but they then went thru a rough patch in their marriage and I didn't want to ask. Maybe soon?? I wanted to figure it out so I can see the grandkids that live the furtherest away more often than once every 4-6 weeks.

Desertrose... I'll have to try MSN Messenger, that sounds great!

treenuts... Eeeeeeeeee!!!! What a good way to refresh peoples minds who Clay is before a new CD comes out! I just feel that this is going to be a good year for Clay and us'n!

I forgot to mention that we also had to use a head set. I got the GE noise canceling 800 MIC Headset. It was a combination microphone and earphone combination. It worked great. They probably have better technology now.

There were two versions of Messenger. We liked MSN messenger better. The box gave you a voice option that made the other persons computer ring like a phone. I do not have messenger downloaded now or I would go check if it still works the same.

Another reason to hate winter...about an hour ago we noticed our water pressure had dropped, so I called the village and find out there is a water main break...happened about 7:00 a.m. this morning and they have been working on it all day. They finally turned our water completely off. Have no idea when it will be back on and we will have a 24 hour boil alert when it does.

This was 4:00 when I called...you think they could have found some way to notify us since this has been going on since 7:00 a.m.?

Will probably have to make a run for bottled water or go out side and start bringing in buckets of snow, LOL!

To say I am a bit peeved is an understatement!

Kim

ETA: Water's back!

Wow! Looks like I killed the board last night!

23 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

71 Days until The First Day of Spring!

Kim

ETA: Thanks Ldyj; everything is okay now. Looks like new jaw to me.

aikim sorry to hear about your water troubles. That would totally suck in this weather!

From the CH:

claymate27 posted this TwitPic at CV. It's apparently a backstage shot from Billy Elliot. New jaw or old?

760523373_MPTSA-O.jpg

Looks like an older pic perhpas. laughn posted this at GCA -

just an fyi, David Hibbard joined the cast of Billy Elliot last summer.

ETA...from hensey at the CH:

I've seen that picture before, I checked my files and the one I saved is dated 08/04/09

:GE_FCA:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :snoopy:

SueReu's "Retro 4" is featured in the new Carolina On My Mind blog, along with mailbag segments from seven entries dating back to the 12/23/09 remembrances of Joan/Ashes/Claysmelody. The mailbag segments are led by graphics by AmazingCA, cindilu2, Fountaindawg, Cotton, and Ashes. Hope you enjoy! :whistling-1:

th_cind_best2.jpg

Clickable by cindilu2

Here's to the temps starting to rise for everyone. The 40's are going to feel like a heat wave! :yahoo:

Have an awesome weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

ABM_CaroSig_2010.png

Siggy by A Beautiful Mind

I need a break. Don't know why in heck I can't get my 40 hours over and done with during the week. 13 more hours to go before tomorrow at 4 pm. sigh. And I've been working all darn day. Well at least there's football on.

Aikim... my mom keeps telling me we need to get our emergency kit together.. but it's never on my list of things to spend money on LOL. I should do it soon.

Thanks Bottle..one of my favorite all time looks!

I really hope it warms up soon Caro. The room I'm in right now has gone down to 62 degrees and one of the cats is sitting in my favorite chair. :clown_4:

We are about to start up our tax volunteer work and one of the guys just emailed me telling me he is quitting, another guy is taking a part time job doing taxes. And then my son II's MIL just called through Relay Service asking if she can come over but don't tell my son. I'm going to meet with her next weekend. :Imok: Is there a full moon tonight?

Looking forward to tomorrow and taking a cooking class at William Sonoma. If I keep busy enough maybe Clay will come out to play.

Aikim... my mom keeps telling me we need to get our emergency kit together.. but it's never on my list of things to spend money on LOL. I should do it soon.

Yup. Here in sunny Florida, two power outages so far tonight - and I am in someone else's house, no candles or matches. First thing tomorrow - buy candles and matches. Got wine, two flashlights, and some books though - it's not all good, but it's been lots worse!!!

Luckily, I do not like a warm house.

One time in October, in Tokyo, I could not get the air conditioning in my hotel room to work.....due to Japanese dislike of just saying no, no air conditioning from October until spring, an hour was wasted with four different guys showing up and fiddling with the thermostat and saying hmmmmm, not working, hmmmmmm, then the manager came up and fessed up to the no cold air for you! situation. I asked for a room with a window I could open, causing great consternation, but I prevailed, and got lovely cold air. That air smelled like a KFC parking lot, but it was cold. Lovely hotel, Dai Ichi, they could well afford to air condition all year 'round - but then in winter all my Japanese friends would sit around a low table with a fricking heater going full blast, underneath, roasting toes. Really, that would be a version of hell for me, but the other problem was getting up from sitting on the floor for an hour. My knees locked up, and I briefly considered faking a faint so as not to resemble an arthritic camel getting up. If you ever saw a camel get up, you know what I mean. Looks like an explosion in a knee factory, with lots of grunting.

Heeee....later that night, at the hotel, I called the front desk and asked for a corkscrew and two dozen more hangers (I was going to be there for two months) and evidently they were worried I would get drunk and fall out of the window or else abscond with the hangers, so they made me pay my bill weekly.

Just rambling, waiting for the power to go out again!

22 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

70 Days until The First Day of Spring!

Kim

Good luck with the power djs. Surely it's a lot easier to read with a lamp than a flashlight. :8:

I shouldn't complain as our house is warm it's just the one room that has air leaks. I bought some loose insulation to put in a few of the places which had caulking only.

By the way the William Sonoma classes are free at local stores. Hope you all have a great day. :04:

Just had to say what a beautiful banner. What a wonderful variety of Clay's expressions.

couchie, that Insider look from the Emmy's is one of my favorites as well. I thought he looked incredibly handsome. Thank you for bringing that over, bottle.

FearofH2O Is it typical for you to have contact with your son's MIL? Is she an ally for you?

Can't wait to hear new music from Clay to think, write and ruminate about!

Anyone going to watch idol? I skip the auditions typically-i get too embarrassed for the contestants and don't enjoy seeing the judges make fun of them. Of course, there is that inevitable comparison to Clay for one singer or another by the judges but those typically aren't too pleasant either. But once the finalists are chosen, I will be watching.

Anyone going to watch idol? I skip the auditions typically-i get too embarrassed for the contestants and don't enjoy seeing the judges make fun of them. Of course, there is that inevitable comparison to Clay for one singer or another by the judges but those typically aren't too pleasant either. But once the finalists are chosen, I will be watching.

I can't make up my mind. I thought about skipping the auditions also this year, which would be a first. But on the other hand, each of the audition cities had a different guest judge sitting in and that might be semi-interesting to see. I'll have to look at the schedule and see what Idol is up against this week. I'll have to ponder it a bit.

Cagney, I haven't seen or spoken to her in three years until about a month ago when we ran into them at a local restaurant. She is deaf and I don't sign so we try to communicate as best we can. She and her husband were very nice ( they were in the foyer with GD while their daughter parked her car) but when she came in and saw us her daughter grabbed my GD by the hand and ran off with her. But we did see GD for a few minutes. On the Relay call the MIL said not to tell my son because her daughter would get mad at him. I guess if she found out. Oy! Dysfunctional family problems.

The class was nice at WS but you had to stand and Mr. Fear's knees gave out so we left a little early.