#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Even though I'm getting some enjoyment out of Conan's predicament..how bad can karma be when you are already a gazillionaire. Which one is Fuller? He's not with AI anymore? I thought that was his baby. Getting out of the record business can't be a bad thing..or was he with the management part. I have no clue.

I'm ok with it being a part of fundraising. Until this past year I always buy something during pledge week from my local PBS station. It's usually pretty reasonable and they have some good stuff.

Soooo have we seen clay recently. Wonder how he looks LOL. What color is his hair. When's the golfing thing?

It's going to be the Summer of Clay!

I would die if he sang House of the Rising Sun!

I don't know, merrieeee, but I just don't think "romance" when I hear House of the Rusing Sun. I don't see Clay doing a "life gone down the tubes" kind of song. Especially when it was ruined in a New Orleans house of ill repute. :hahaha: (And especially a song recorded by Bob Dylan on his first album.) But I could hear Clay doing some Platters from the '50's, like Only You, My Prayer, and especially Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. I discovered the latter song in the 80's and I fell in love with it. The sound of the first word of that song does me in. I'd like to hear him sing those songs that are rarely covered because they require an amazing voice to sing.

Even though I'm getting some enjoyment out of Conan's predicament..how bad can karma be when you are already a gazillionaire. Which one is Fuller? He's not with AI anymore? I thought that was his baby. Getting out of the record business can't be a bad thing..or was he with the management part. I have no clue.

I'm ok with it being a part of fundraising. Until this past year I always buy something during pledge week from my local PBS station. It's usually pretty reasonable and they have some good stuff.

Soooo have we seen clay recently. Wonder how he looks LOL. What color is his hair. When's the golfing thing?

Simon Fuller created American Idol, and then he sold it a couple of years ago. I guess he wants back in the talent-search reality-show business. As for Conan, he is reaping the sympathy vote. His ratings are soaring now and Jay Leno is going to pay a price when he gets the Tonight Show back. I've heard so many people say that they won't watch Leno ever again, and these aren't Conan fans but people who think he's being shafted and support the underdog. David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmell and Conan are calling Jay out by name on their shows this week for being cut-throat. How this settles out is going to be very interesting. I don't see how NBC Television CEO Jeff Zucker maintains his job much longer. He's brought NBC from No. 1 to No. 4.

I'm sure Clay's PBS special DVD will be available at Amazon. Hit Man: David Foster and Friends is for sale, as is Andrea Bocelli's "My Christmas" show from December, and the Doo-Wop oldie shows. However, when you order during a PBS pledge drive you often get something extra -- plus it gives PBS incentive to do more shows with that artist if the pledges are forthcoming. A win-win.

The last time I saw Clay was at the David Foster show. He's had plenty of time to do any number of things with his hair. I wouldn't be surprised if the hair color and style he has for the PBS taping is the same one he'll have on the album and on tour. Maybe he'll want to look romantic and all Christmas 2006-ish ... or JBT ... or even something new and trendsetting. (Because as much as people gig him about his clothes and style, he seems to be at least a year or two ahead of the general public at all times.)

And if he doesn't have a venue for the PBS special, perhaps he'll consider the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts in Houston. It's a beautiful place and acoustically marvelous. Not to mention that Houston's KUHT was the first public television station in the United States, and thrives today. It was an original public station with the National Education Television group, which eventually became PBS. Yeah, Houston would be an excellent choice!

I'm so excited for merrieeee and "the golfing thing." EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Thinking about the first half of the Jukebox concert, there are a few songs that I'd love to hear full studio versions of that might qualify as 'romantic'. 'The Great Pretender' and 'Only You' snippets we have are amazing. I'd love 'Tears Of A Clown' but I'm not sure it would qualify as 'romantic' ...I can hope. LOL. Since I love 50s & 60s music I know I will be enthralled with hearing Clay's voice sing any songs that he chooses to include. There are so many to choose from, I can't wait to find out the track listing. I hope 'My Eyes Adored You' and 'Moon River' are also included. :wub:

Today is going to be a 12 hour marathon at the ice rink. heinz, heartsocean and I are all attending the Canadian Figure Skating Championships here in London. My mom is also along for the ride, and a little birdie told me that cindilu2 might be joining us for a few hours on Sunday, when they announce the Olympic team! There is a 2 hour break between disciplines this afternoon where we can hopefully nip out and grab a bite to eat, but I don't want to be gone for all of it because the men will be practicing during that time. Go Patrick!

Thinking about the first half of the Jukebox concert, there are a few songs that I'd love to hear full studio versions of that might qualify as 'romantic'. 'The Great Pretender' and 'Only You' snippets we have are amazing. I'd love 'Tears Of A Clown' but I'm not sure it would qualify as 'romantic' ...I can hope. LOL. Since I love 50s & 60s music I know I will be enthralled with hearing Clay's voice sing any songs that he chooses to include. There are so many to choose from, I can't wait to find out the track listing. I hope 'My Eyes Adored You' and 'Moon River' are also included. :wub:

Today is going to be a 12 hour marathon at the ice rink. heinz, heartsocean and I are all attending the Canadian Figure Skating Championships here in London. My mom is also along for the ride, and a little birdie told me that cindilu2 might be joining us for a few hours on Sunday, when they announce the Olympic team! There is a 2 hour break between disciplines this afternoon where we can hopefully nip out and grab a bite to eat, but I don't want to be gone for all of it because the men will be practicing during that time. Go Patrick!

Have a super time this weekend.

:GM_FCA:

The first tweet we got about the special said Romantic songs but the second tweet from Decca just said classics from the 50's and 60's...so it could be anything...Clay could surprise us and sing songs we are not even expecting.

17 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

66 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 and 1/2 months until June and New CD, PBS Special!

:04:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I am super excited!!! :04:

I was familar with most of the 50s and 60s songs from the JBT, but your posts are making me realize there are a even more songs that I have never heard.

Couchie, I agree with you about Suspicious Minds. I think his version of that is fabulous. It's one of my favorites.

Songs from the 1950s that I really, really, really don't need to hear again - no matter who sings them

Davey Crockett

Purple People Eaters

Splish-Splash

Cross Over the Bridge

Fascination

The Bunny Hop

Any other nominations for the worst songs of that decade?

All of these songs were at the top of "The Hit Parade" (remember that show??) at one time or another.

aikim wrote:

Clay could surprise us and sing songs we are not even expecting.

And that's exactly what I'm expecting. Sure, there are songs that I think he'd be great at singing, and I like reading people's suggestions (for example, I'd never thought of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," but he'd KILL on that). At the same time, though -- my realism sets in, and I tell myself that I have no expectations. OK, that's not quite true. My expectations are this: Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

What more could a girl (or guy) want?

It is so wonderful to be able to log in every morning expecting bits of news again! For instance the title of the cd, then the playlist, the picture on the cover etc! I love everything that Clay sings although sometimes I don't at first like the actual song. There were several songs I disliked on ATDW but I grew to like them the way Clay sang them. Does this mean that we unjustly blamed Clive for forcing Clay to do a cover album! Maybe on the PBS special Clay will sing all romantic songs but on his cd he will throw in a few upbeat ones. He did make fun of all the sloooow songs on his tour.

luckiest1 did you all fly to London for the Championship? What fun! I love London! I love ice skating too. (well not me personally!)

ot For anyone who might be having cataract surgery in the future, I had it on Tuesday and it was not an unpleasant experience at all, except for the constant eyedrops and the patch while sleeping.

luckiest1 did you all fly to London for the Championship? What fun! I love London! I love ice skating too. (well not me personally!)

Since luckiest1 isn't here, I will clarify. She's talking about London, Ontario, where she lives. They're holding the Canadian Figure Skating Championships there this week. The winners will represent Canada in the Olympics next month in Vancouver. :)

According to PH these songs are in new CD: "Moon River," "What Kind Of Fool Am I?," "Mack the Knife," and "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You"

I hate that he seems to have a contact that is leaking out this information. It could be wrong, but I tend to believe that it is correct.

Songs from the 1950s that I really, really, really don't need to hear again - no matter who sings them

Davey Crockett

Purple People Eaters

Splish-Splash

Cross Over the Bridge

Fascination

The Bunny Hop

Any other nominations for the worst songs of that decade?

All of these songs were at the top of "The Hit Parade" (remember that show??) at one time or another.

How about, "She was afraid to come out of the water.......it was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini/that she wore for the first time today....."

Or, "Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bed post over night?"

As for the slooooow songs, there was a program called "Our Best to You" that I used to listen to on my transistor radio with earphones under the covers late at night when I was supposed to be asleep. Great songs like Ebb Tide (which might have been the theme song for that show?) and so many more. I'm really, really excited about this album!

Lilyshine, so happy to see your avatar avatar here!! :04:

ot For anyone who might be having cataract surgery in the future, I had it on Tuesday and it was not an unpleasant experience at all, except for the constant eyedrops and the patch while sleeping.

So glad to hear that it went well for you! I know you thought long and hard about whether to do it.

KAndre momentarily escapes from the chaos that is her son visiting..

Paul seems to be killing things hourly on the internet, while I make trails through my living room around the incredible amount of stuff that won't fit into his old bedroom, which has even BIGGER piles of stuff.

Looks with interest at the Clay news...

Hmmm....so basically Clay is working his little tush off to keep me happy? I can deal with that. Ahem, "To Love Somebody" was originally released in 1967. "When A Man Loves A Woman". A little Motown, some Stax, and I'm good.

And just so I can solidarity with those with minority opinions....no jiggling of Clay parts! Stroking, yes; jiggling is just wrong!

According to PH these songs are in new CD: "Moon River," "What Kind Of Fool Am I?," "Mack the Knife," and "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You"

I hate that he seems to have a contact that is leaking out this information. It could be wrong, but I tend to believe that it is correct.

No way to know if it's true, but I have suggested "What Kind of Fool Am I?", and "Mack the Knife" for a couple of years. Neither are romantic, but they are singers' songs. Never liked "Mack" until Clay blew it away on AI. If he's resurrecting AI songs, I'm still holding out for "To Love Somebody." Personally, I much prefer "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" to "My Eyes Adored You" and in fact, it was about the only Frankie Valli song I could tolerate after "Sherry" so I guess I'm happy with that one too.

If this is correct, so far he's covering Mancini & Chorus/Jerry Butler [MR was never a hit for Andy Williams although he made it his TV theme song), Sammy Davis, Jr./Anthony Newley (because WKOFAI was a Broadway show-stopper before it was a Top 40 hit), Bobby Darin, and Frankie Valli. If Clay ever recorded Going Out of My Head by Little Anthony, I think it could be a winner, too. Okay, if not necessarily romantic songs there may still be a chance for "House of the Rising Sun!"

These are ALL 60's songs, so the 50's speculation remains wide-open. Still a window open for The Platters. Not being a fan of '60's Elvis, my hope is that if he covers Elvis it would be '50's E: "All Shook Up" (for some of that wiggling and jiggling y'all have me thinking about); "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" (just to put me in a blissful coma); "Love Me"; or my all-time Elvis favorite ... "Too Much." I was a little kid listening to my older cousins screaming for Elvis, so for me, Elvis was never the same after the Army. Could be because some certain Mop-Tops from Liverpool showed up right on time. But 50's Blond Elvis was always more authentic than 60's Vegas Elvis for me. And 70's Bloated Elvis was disgusting, to me.

There are a gazillion great songs. But, for Mack the Knife, one of the songs that put him in the awe-inspiring category on AI, I can only say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ETA: If we're talking Motown, I think the whole world must know how I feel about "Reach Out (I'll Be There)," don't they? Until Clay, I never liked ANYONE attempting to sing a Levi Stubbs vocal. I repeat, ... Until Clay!

ETA: If we're talking Motown, I think the whole world must know how I feel about "Reach Out (I'll Be There)," don't they? Until Clay, I never liked ANYONE attempting to sing a Levi Stubbs vocal. I repeat, ... Until Clay!

:yeahthat: Yes, that was the song on the JBT that was amazing, but too short. I couldn't remember the title. Clay did a fantastic job with it. I'd better go back and listen to it again. Thanks.

Clay, Ruben, Quiana and Angela could definitely do some doo wop music on the PBS show. That would assure fantastic ratings for it.

Elvis was blond?!?!?

But honestly, with Ruben in the mix, I think Motown is gonna be seriously in the house!

Yes, he was a blond. There were always rumors that he dyed his hair to copy his favorite singer, Roy Orbison, who dyed his hair black, too. Some said Elvis dyed his hair to match his mother's dyed black hair. Anyway, he was a very blond child and a dirty blond young man.

I am v. happy to read that the PBS thing hasn't been shot yet. When I read the blurb the other day my first thought (after EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!) was - what? no audience??? I really hope they are able to give him some sort of 'live' vibe - not an audience like his ACAC show. Can. Not. Wait.

Hate with a passion that Clay's name crosses scumbag hil ton's lips in any context - really, really hate that he's 'scooping' any album news. Ugh. Maybe if it has to be reported, it could be in spoiler tags?

If Clay's happy, I'm happy.

I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.

Oh yeah I vote for the jiggles!!

Bolded... thread title???

If Clay's happy, I'm happy.

I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.

Oh yeah I vote for the jiggles!!

Me, three. And a glinting rivet. Holysheep.gif

Thanks for the update, Couchie. Hang in there, my dearie-dear. I'm still looking for employment, too. One thing I have started saying to myself lately is, "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours". There are a lot of things working against me, but I'm not going to help them work against me anymore. LOL Your determination inspires me!

And yes, I think 2010 is going to be an exciting year. :)

00lsee... I told one of my secretarys that got laid off last summer that she had lots of skills and would be perfect to get two part-time jobs. People are hiring part-timers so they don't have to pay benefits, so if you have health benefits outside your job, think about it. She found one job from 10 to 3, then another on the week-end and works 38 hrs/week. She says the short days during the week totally makes up for having no weekends.

All I know for certain is that I want to see this -

or this -

or this -

Clay Aiken singing again in front of an audience, on my tv, in concert!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe some talking and tight pants too :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Or some talking tight pants could work also :hubbahubba:

tree.... BWAH!!!

Clay's going to sing.

Life is good.

wanda... you're on a roll... great thread title!

Clay's going to sing.

Life is good.

:yeahthat: *and* Thread title! :clap:

anna... great minds run in the same circles! LOL

aikim wrote:

Clay could surprise us and sing songs we are not even expecting.

And that's exactly what I'm expecting. Sure, there are songs that I think he'd be great at singing, and I like reading people's suggestions (for example, I'd never thought of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," but he'd KILL on that). At the same time, though -- my realism sets in, and I tell myself that I have no expectations. OK, that's not quite true. My expectations are this: Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

What more could a girl (or guy) want?

Another thread title...

Someone upthread suggest "Don't leave your gum on the bedpost overnight" for awful songs. I cannot believe anyone but me ever heard that song. I was 13 and my mom played that song over and over and over and... on her 45rpm record player. Did I say over and over???? Just checkin' :cryingwlaughter:

No time now...but can someone take over the suggested thread titles I see and put them in the correct thread? Now that we've had a little action again, our pages are flying somewhat, and we'll be picking a new thread title soon!

Scroll down and input someone -- please! kthnxbye

Clay and Meredith Baxter are on the HRC site now.

Clay Aiken

This Raleigh resident is

not only American Idol’s

biggest-selling male

artist, he is a father,

author, star of Broadway

and activist.

http://hrccarolinas.org/