#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

How about Yakkety Yak, Mr. Lee, and Wooly Bully?

What were we thinking??

I lurve me some Woolly Bully!

Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Ooops sorry.....

ETA: If we're talking Motown, I think the whole world must know how I feel about "Reach Out (I'll Be There)," don't they? Until Clay, I never liked ANYONE attempting to sing a Levi Stubbs vocal. I repeat, ... Until Clay!

:yeahthat: Yes, that was the song on the JBT that was amazing, but too short. I couldn't remember the title. Clay did a fantastic job with it. I'd better go back and listen to it again. Thanks.

I was just telling my local Clay friend over dinner last weekend that this was very high on my wish list.

'The Great Pretender' and 'Only You' snippets we have are amazing. I'd love 'Tears Of A Clown' but I'm not sure it would qualify as 'romantic' ...I can hope. LOL.

Yeah, yeah!

Couchie, I agree with you about Suspicious Minds. I think his version of that is fabulous. It's one of my favorites.

Me three!

Sure, there are songs that I think he'd be great at singing, and I like reading people's suggestions (for example, I'd never thought of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," but he'd KILL on that).

I'd love that!

If Clay ever recorded Going Out of My Head by Little Anthony, I think it could be a winner, too.

Yeah!!

Claymatron, thanks for clearing up the confusion about London! Hee, it always cracks me up that people have never heard of our London. It's not exactly back woods, LOL! We had a great 12 hours of skating today and now I am home and waiting to see the replay on TV (I had numerous texts today telling me I'd been spotted).

*waves to goldarngirl*

There are hundreds or even thousands of '50's and 60's' songs that Clay could choose from. I'm not gonna buy into anything I read on a gossip site, although those songs would be cool too! Clay can sing me whatever his little heart desires and I will no doubt swoon because it's the VOX.

Claymatron, thanks for clearing up the confusion about London! Hee, it always cracks me up that people have never heard of our London. It's not exactly back woods, LOL! We had a great 12 hours of skating today and now I am home and waiting to see the replay on TV (I had numerous texts today telling me I'd been spotted).

*waves to goldarngirl*

There are hundreds or even thousands of '50's and 60's' songs that Clay could choose from. I'm not gonna buy into anything I read on a gossip site, although those songs would be cool too! Clay can sing me whatever his little heart desires and I will no doubt swoon because it's the VOX.

:bye6:luckiest1

:GM_FCA:

16 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

42 Days until Clay Speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

65 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 and 1/2 months until June and the New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Claymatron, thanks for clearing up the confusion about London! Hee, it always cracks me up that people have never heard of our London. It's not exactly back woods, LOL!

I know what you mean. I wasn't about to mention that I was heading into Stratford, or that would have really been confusing. :lol:

Glad you're enjoying the skating. The last time I went to Canadians was when it was in Hamilton and Elvis' final competition. In other words, some time ago.

I'm really excited about the new CD. Whether we actually know for sure that those are the songs chosen, or not, I know I'm going to love it. As you say, it's the voice, but it's also the man and the way he can sell a song. He's a super song salesman, that's for sure!!! :wub:

Okay you Bedpost people, you asked for it! What about:

Papa Oom Papa Maw Maw

Rama Lama Ding Dong

Who Put the Bomp in the Bomp, Ba-Bomp, Ba-Bomp

How Much is that Doggie in the Window

Sixteen Tons

This Old House

Yummy Yummy Yummy (I Got Love in My Tummy)

The Bird is the Word

My Boy Lollipop

Beep Beep (The Nash Rambler Song)

Running Bear

The Name Game? (Clay Clay bo-bay banana-fana fo-fay fee fie mo-may, Clay! A little trick with Nick .....

Then the Country songs:

Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life

I've Got Tears in My Ears from Lyin' on My Back While I Cry in My Bed Over You

The Only Ring You Gave Me Was the One Around the Tub

Take the Dice Away from Baby, Mama, Before He Craps All Over the Floor

You Can I Miss You, If You Won't Go Away

How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life?

Get Off the Stove, Grandma, You're Too Old To Ride the Range (with props to Dave Barry!)

Can't leave out the Death Songs:

Tell Laura I Love Her

Teen Angel

Honey

Patches

Last Kiss

Leader of the Pack

I'm sure there are 20 more I can't remember (blessedly).

The songs that made me hurl, even back then:

Dreams of the Everyday Housewife

Walk Like a Man (who was it that said .... "Hey, Frankie, SING like a man!)

Take a Letter, Maria

Wives and Lovers (Hey, little girl, comb your hair, fix your make-up, soon he will open the door)

He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss)

Johnny Get Angry

Treat Her Like A Lady (As strange as it seems, you can't treat a woman mean)

Could there be a chance for:

MacArthur Park?

Volare? (clearly a classic from the '50's for several people)

American Woman (Get away from me)?

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Baby I'm-A Want You (about which Barry wrote: Baby, I'm-a too lazy to write lyrics that scan, so I'm-a just adding an extra "a" whenever I'm-a need a syllable)

But for a real suggestion: One of those barn-burners by Brenda Lee from the 60's .... All Alone Am I, I Want to be Wanted, Break It To Me Gently, I'm Sorry ... Brenda Lee had big hits with her BIG VOICE! Clay can do things with his voice most other popular singers can't do -- and I believe he should do it! It's why I loved that he sang "Without You" .... BECAUSE HE COULD!!!!!!!

How about Hello Stranger - Barbara Lewis?

Hurt - Timi Yuro

Don't You Know - Della Reese

Broken Hearted Melody - sarah vaughan

It's just a matter of time - brook benton

at last - etta james

what a difference a day makes - dinah washington

Most of the Platters

stand by me - ben e king

I LOVE Since I Fell for You, but, um, don't see anyone improving on that.

And add The Three Bells to the oh please no list

Also The Old Lamplighter.

Keeping - I'd forgotten all those "death songs." I thought they were stupid even when I was a teenager. Don't care to listen to them now to see if I have a different reaction.

"Teen Angel" was played over & over & over. Couldn't stand it.

I did like Tennessee Ernie's version of "16 Tons". I think it is safe to say that it is one song that's out of Clay's range.

Okay you Bedpost people, you asked for it! What about:

Papa Oom Papa Maw Maw

Rama Lama Ding Dong

Who Put the Bomp in the Bomp, Ba-Bomp, Ba-Bomp

How Much is that Doggie in the Window

Sixteen Tons

This Old House

Yummy Yummy Yummy (I Got Love in My Tummy)

The Bird is the Word

My Boy Lollipop

Beep Beep (The Nash Rambler Song)

Running Bear

The Name Game? (Clay Clay bo-bay banana-fana fo-fay fee fie mo-may, Clay! A little trick with Nick .....

Then the Country songs:

Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life

I've Got Tears in My Ears from Lyin' on My Back While I Cry in My Bed Over You

The Only Ring You Gave Me Was the One Around the Tub

Take the Dice Away from Baby, Mama, Before He Craps All Over the Floor

You Can I Miss You, If You Won't Go Away

How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life?

Get Off the Stove, Grandma, You're Too Old To Ride the Range (with props to Dave Barry!)

Can't leave out the Death Songs:

Tell Laura I Love Her

Teen Angel

Honey

Patches

Last Kiss

Leader of the Pack

I'm sure there are 20 more I can't remember (blessedly).

The songs that made me hurl, even back then:

Dreams of the Everyday Housewife

Walk Like a Man (who was it that said .... "Hey, Frankie, SING like a man!)

Take a Letter, Maria

Wives and Lovers (Hey, little girl, comb your hair, fix your make-up, soon he will open the door)

He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss)

Johnny Get Angry

Treat Her Like A Lady (As strange as it seems, you can't treat a woman mean)

Could there be a chance for:

MacArthur Park?

Volare? (clearly a classic from the '50's for several people)

American Woman (Get away from me)?

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?

Baby I'm-A Want You (about which Barry wrote: Baby, I'm-a too lazy to write lyrics that scan, so I'm-a just adding an extra "a" whenever I'm-a need a syllable)

But for a real suggestion: One of those barn-burners by Brenda Lee from the 60's .... All Alone Am I, I Want to be Wanted, Break It To Me Gently, I'm Sorry ... Brenda Lee had big hits with her BIG VOICE! Clay can do things with his voice most other popular singers can't do -- and I believe he should do it! It's why I loved that he sang "Without You" .... BECAUSE HE COULD!!!!!!!

Agree about the big voice songs, but what is wrong with "Volare?" It is a big band song, with great music, and not so great lyrics, but I would love to hear Clay sing in "Italian." I like Dean Martin's voice, because it is so distinctive, and so is Clay's. So if Clay sang this, it would be a totally new song. I think it would be fun. Kinda like when he killed with "Mack the Knife." I never liked that song until Clay sang it!

aikim wrote:

Clay could surprise us and sing songs we are not even expecting.

And that's exactly what I'm expecting. Sure, there are songs that I think he'd be great at singing, and I like reading people's suggestions (for example, I'd never thought of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," but he'd KILL on that). At the same time, though -- my realism sets in, and I tell myself that I have no expectations. OK, that's not quite true. My expectations are this: Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

What more could a girl (or guy) want?

What a surprise to see that song mentioned. My teenage grandson was showing me what he had on his ipod just last week and that was one of the songs. I could not imagine where he had heard it but he said he gets all of his songs from itunes; never listens to the radio. He has quite a collection of different genres. He is just a music lover.

I am excited about Clay's new CD and think it will be great.

aikim wrote:

Clay could surprise us and sing songs we are not even expecting.

And that's exactly what I'm expecting. Sure, there are songs that I think he'd be great at singing, and I like reading people's suggestions (for example, I'd never thought of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," but he'd KILL on that). At the same time, though -- my realism sets in, and I tell myself that I have no expectations. OK, that's not quite true. My expectations are this: Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

What more could a girl (or guy) want?

What a surprise to see that song mentioned. My teenage grandson was showing me what he had on his ipod just last week and that was one of the songs. I could not imagine where he had heard it but he said he gets all of his songs from itunes; never listens to the radio. He has quite a collection of different genres. He is just a music lover.

I am excited about Clay's new CD and think it will be great.

This gives me hope. All the songs on my teenage grandsons are rock from artists, (if you can call them that) that I have never heard of. They get them from itunes also.

Agree about the big voice songs, but what is wrong with "Volare?" It is a big band song, with great music, and not so great lyrics, but I would love to hear Clay sing in "Italian." I like Dean Martin's voice, because it is so distinctive, and so is Clay's. So if Clay sang this, it would be a totally new song. I think it would be fun. Kinda like when he killed with "Mack the Knife." I never liked that song until Clay sang it!

Nothing's wrong with Volare. But I don't know nothin' 'bout no Dean Martin singing it (although I do remember Bobby Rydell). It was Domenico Modugno (my mother's record) for me -- the Ultimate One Hit Wonder. He won Song of the Year Grammy ... and that was it for Domenico, I guess. A jazzy Volare in Italian could be fab. I guess Volare is similar to Unchained Melody, it was a hit for several in the 50's and the 60's.

Since WKOFMI and MTK are from Broadway shows, I've been thinking of other Broadway hits from the 50's and 60's that Clay could make magic with ...

Make Someone Happy (would be a natural for Clay)

Just in Time (in that Nina Simone way)

From West Side Story: Somewhere or Tonight

As Long As He Needs Me (hopefully some day)

People (remembering Sir Robin's luckiest people in the world!)

No Girl from Ipanema? Okay then, how about, Blame It On the Bossa Nova? :hahaha: But that breezy vocal style takes me to Dusty Springfield's The Look of Love, which is a TRUE hot classic. And that somehow connects in my brain to Jackie DiShannon's What the World Needs Now. Didn't he sing that on AI. A group thing, maybe?

Nothing's wrong with Volare. But I don't know nothin' 'bout no Dean Martin singing it (although I do remember Bobby Rydell). It was Domenico Modugno (my mother's record) for me -- the Ultimate One Hit Wonder. He won Song of the Year Grammy ... and that was it for Domenico, I guess. A jazzy Volare in Italian could be fab. I guess Volare is similar to Unchained Melody, it was a hit for several in the 50's and the 60's.

Since WKOFMI and MTK are from Broadway shows, I've been thinking of other Broadway hits from the 50's and 60's that Clay could make magic with ...

Make Someone Happy (would be a natural for Clay)

Just in Time (in that Nina Simone way)

From West Side Story: Somewhere or Tonight

As Long As He Needs Me (hopefully some day)

People (remembering Sir Robin's luckiest people in the world!)

No Girl from Ipanema? Okay then, how about, Blame It On the Bossa Nova? :hahaha: But that breezy vocal style takes me to Dusty Springfield's The Look of Love, which is a TRUE hot classic. And that somehow connects in my brain to Jackie DiShannon's What the World Needs Now. Didn't he sing that on AI. A group thing, maybe?

Link to Dean Martin "Volare"

Here is a link to donate to UNICEF for Haiti:

http://inside.unicefusa.org/site/TR/Events...p;team_id=14820

Here is the donation page for Haiti - please feel free to spread the word!!!

You need to "join" the team - there is a link there, although it's in a really dark color - if you hover, you will find it

This is on the UNICEF site.

This is a page set up specifically for Clay fans. Lets see how much money we can raise as a group!

I already donated to UNICEF at year end and again for Haiti but I hope many more will contribute. The stories are so sad. I heard one couple talk about leaving their three year old with a nanny while they came to the US. They couldn't find any information about either.

On another topic maybe Clay will get political and sing some of those antiwar songs from the sixties. I'm assuming that not every one of the classic songs will be romantic. Country Joe and the Fish- I Feel Like I'm Fixin to Die Rag. I had to look it up I must admit. :whee: