#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I was thinking that Clay probably has known Reed for quite while now. I remember an interview, or a question he was asked a year or two ago, maybe longer. Whoever it was asked him what his favourite place to visit was and he said St Paul....that was when he was thinking about finding a univeristy and continuing his quest for knowledge. Isn't Reed from around there? This was one of the first things I thought of when I heard where Reed was from.

Does anyone remember this?...Now off to OFC to read the BLOG!!!!!!!!!!! :lipstick:

Here are a couple of pictures of the zipline tour in St. Lucia--you can see that the seats are the same ones that Clay and Reed were in. Looks exciting.

Zipline tour of Rain Forest

Yay.. finally could catch up.

Clay looks happy in the photos.

So happy things are starting to heat up although who knows if I'll be able to do anything. But I'm happy anyway. Look forward to the album and hopefully a tour that will come some place near me. I'll definitely try very hard to see him live some time this year.

Caro.... congrats on 400!!!!! I'm extremely impressed and applaud you for the love, caring, and fun you have brought to everyone!!!

All that's over for Clay and he's now the master of his universe.

keeping.... BWAH!!!!

The truth as I see it is that Clay is incredibly magnetic and attractive to a segment of the population who are his fans, online and off, who love him and care about his career - that is as much or more than any artist in the world can have. No matter who the preceived superstar giants are at any given time, whether Elvis, MJ, The Beatles, U2, whoever, there are literally thousands and thousands of people who can't stand them. I mean who can't abide them in ANY way. It's human nature. To let that sort of thing affect my enjoyment of what I love, it's impossible. So I do not commiserate with people who are afraid for Clay's future success, and I will scroll over angsty remarks when they become repetitive and freaked out or bored and burnt out, because to me it's just damned unfortunate that they don't grok that invisible magic Clay walks around with. I can't see it, but I'm inspired by it and thrilled by it and all kinds of stuff, and I need not know why. Because it just doesn't matter.

keeping.... the bolded parts are particularly great!!! He has IT!

I'm thinking about the 2007 DCAT in Tampa, the pre-TWYMMF banter, when Clay made the "be proud of your instrument" comment to the french horn player and the audience went crazy and Clay said we had dirty minds. Just after that Clay called out for the oboe player and said, "Put your reed in" and Jesse looked at Clay with the funniest look on his face. In retrospect, could that have been an intentional double entendre there? Makes me imagine that Clay and Reed could have been seeing each other more than two years. Of course, he could just be saying "put your reed in" for no meaningful reason. Still, I haven't forgotten that from sitting in the audience that night. Maybe things just got serious two years ago. Ahhh, shipping! I've missed it!

keeping... that was very funny and now that you mention it, I bet you that was one of Clay's favorite "who, me... I'm too innocent to have meant anything dirty by that remark." :cryingwlaughter:

O.M.G!!! That one of him and Reed (full length shot) in the gondola is so dang sexy... I put it on my screen immediately! Whew!!! I haven't hyperventilated like that in a long time!

He blogged!!!... and such a blog it was... I'm just so excited now! I cannot wait, cause I believe him when he says he loves this cd. This one is for him.

I'm thinking about the 2007 DCAT in Tampa, the pre-TWYMMF banter, when Clay made the "be proud of your instrument" comment to the french horn player and the audience went crazy and Clay said we had dirty minds. Just after that Clay called out for the oboe player and said, "Put your reed in" and Jesse looked at Clay with the funniest look on his face. In retrospect, could that have been an intentional double entendre there? Makes me imagine that Clay and Reed could have been seeing each other more than two years. Of course, he could just be saying "put your reed in" for no meaningful reason. Still, I haven't forgotten that from sitting in the audience that night. Maybe things just got serious two years ago. Ahhh, shipping! I've missed it!

Love this! Is this speculative math, or mathmatical speculation, meaning getting 2 and 2 to add up?!! Makes me smile, regardless!!! :wub:

Hey thanks Ameraiken! Mathematical speculation sounds a whole lot better than No shit, Sherlock! I appreciate it.

Liney, I'm curious. WHICH picture?

How long has it been since I EEEEE'd? Well, that's been too long. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I feel okay now.

It's so nice to see all the oooh and aaahs and eeeeeeeeeeeeees. Eeeeees most of all. Looking forward to more news and just seeing how everything plays out. I can't believe how busy I am..LOL...when I sat on my ass all of 2009. And the funny part is that when someone said the album would be out in summer I thought it would be a few months more before eveything started to hit. Can't wait for what's next!

:GM_FCA:

Is it SOON yet?

12 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

38 Days until Clay is Speaking at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

60 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 and 1/2 months until June and the New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Hugs and prayers to all in need!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Found on the CH, but originally from Beanblossom at the Clayboard. Nice story.

wanted to pass along this story I got from my girlfriend. Bobby Darin is her Clay Aiken and this is from her fan club.

Hi everyone, We are delighted to be sharing Susan's latest celebrity encounter, asking what the celebrity thinks of Bobby. Thank you Susan, for sharing this with us and for keeping Bobby's name out there in such a fund AND clever way!! Best, BWT Dropping the Delicious Darin Name

A little before 7 pm, Sunday, as I was finishing up my dinner break, one of my co-workers came into the break room announcing that Clay Aiken was about to walk through security. I sprang from my chair, asked if I had spinach in my teeth, and hurried out the door into the checkpoint! As I busied myself removing bins from the conveyor belt, Clay walked in and began to gather his belongings. I moved closer until I had him directly in front of me, looked him in the eyes and exclaimed ...

"Clay, I have one question!"

He grinned and responded, "Okay, only ONE question!"

"What do you think about Bobby Darin?"

"Bobby Darin? I think he is fabulous! Why do you ask?" Needless to say, Clay was a bit thrown off by my question.

"I ask this question of all celebrities who walk through! Then I share those responses with Darin Fans. I am a huge Bobby Darin fan."

One of Clay's bags needed to be checked, so I continued chatting with him while another officer checked whatever electronic item he had in his carry-on.

"I don't know whether you already know this, but Bobby is getting a Grammy for a Lifetime Achievement Award on the 30th and 31st at the Grammy Awards."

Clay responded, " Well, he most certainly deserves it. By the way, I'm including one of his songs on my next album coming out ..."

"Oh please tell me which song?"

"No, you'll just have to wait and be surprised ..."

"Bobby's fans would love to know, as I plan to first share this info with his Official Web Team! Please tell me, which song?"

"Okay, it's MACK THE KNIFE!"

"Oh, I did hear you sing Mack on American Idol .............."

"Yes, but THIS TIME it will be better!"

As he prepared to leave I managed to turn things around so it would end up being about him ...

"A friend of mine who now happens to be in the Secret Service made me a CD of all your Idol performances!"

He laughed and said, "Secret Service? Good, I guess it's not a secret, anymore!"

I thanked him for including a Darin song on his next 'Album,' and that I would be sharing this news with other Darin fans.

On a side observation: He's tall, all American-looking, boyish good looks, reddish-blonde hair covering his ears, unshaven, casually dressed in shirt, pullover sweater and slacks, all in earth tones. When I returned to my break, I was told that two young girls stopped and had their picture taken with him.

Clay didn't give any further info as to when his 'album' will be released ... but this chance meeting could not have been better!

jmh, your icon is my favorite picture from the vacation that I've seen. That FACE! That FACE! I hear a song somewhere ...

That face, that face

That wonderful face

It shines, it glows

All over the place

And how I love to watch it change expressions

Each look becomes the prize of my possessions

I love that face, that face

It just isn't fair

You must forgive

The way that I stare

But never will these eyes behold

A sight that could replace

That face, that face,

That face

I see that face, that face

Wherever I go

It's here, it's there

Bewitching me so

It's got my crazy heart

In such a tangle

It drives me simply wild

From any angle

I love those eyes

Those lips

That fabulous smile

She He laughs

And Spring

Goes right out of style

And though the thrill

I feel each time

My fingers gently trace

That face, that face,

That face, that face,

That face, that face

So is it only me daring to speculate that Clay and Reed may have gotten married or had a commitment ceremony and St. Lucia was their honeymoon? I say that because Clay has a telltale gobsmacked honeymoon face!

22242_256790434711_725504711_314050.jpg

And now I'm hearing this song "So In Love" in my head. I know The Tymes did it. Was it the '60's? It's a radio memory somewhere in my head.

As we stroll along together

Holding hands, walking all alone

So in love are we two

That we don't know what to do

So in love

In a world our own

As we stroll by the sea together

Under stars twinkling high above

So in love are we two

No one else but me and you

So in love

So much in love

We stroll along together

I tell you I need you oh so much

I love, love you my darling

Can you tell it in my touch?

When we walk down the aisle together

We will vow to be together till we die

So much love have we two

Just can't wait to say "I do"

So in love

Are you and I

Sometimes I think if I had stuffed fewer songs in my brain and more math facts, I could have made something of myself.

:GA_FCA:

Still celebrating Clay's coming news! :04:

Caro.... congrats on 400!!!!! I'm extremely impressed and applaud you for the love, caring, and fun you have brought to everyone!!!

Thank you, liney23. :wub:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

kf, I was going to mention jmh's avi too. I love that picture. He looks so young and sweet. I am so happy for him. He deserves all the good things that are happening to him now. It still amazes me that I can care so much for someone's happiness that I don't really know personally. He's a part of my life, and I am so grateful that he is.

My God they expect me to work today! Are they insane? After the past couple of days? You know what they say, after Monday and Tuesday it's W-T-F!

Here's hoping the faboo Decca photographer takes another shot of handsome Clay to go with the Sweet-Tweet!

I love that picture too..but if I had to caption it the first thing that came to mind was:

"I melt everytime we kiss (and wish we were now!)"

Think that is the sexiest lyric Clay has ever sung!

Kim

Thank ya, Lord! Clay trips in my future! Not that I don't love my son, but bless his heart, I think I am done with vacationing with the boy/man/smart ass (I'll have to tell y'all about Vegas, we just got back this morning, especially the white dude kissing my on the dance floor when I told him he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be). The eHP are so much more reasonable!

Mack the Knife? Let me get my Steve Martin shark fingers ready...

Damn! How am I supposed to wait? I want stuff NOW! I want Clay to come to the Red Cat Jazz Cafe and kick ass! Or the House of Blues. I need some miles for status, so coast dates work for me...hell, I'm even willing to go back to wherever-the-hell-it-was North freakin' Dakota!