#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I had to look that one up.

Preden ..got your message but have to wait 5 minutes to respond. I think invision has an updated version so I'll look into that soon. Maybe the new one has addressed this draconian PM time constraints!!

We can only hope! Drives me NUTS!

From the CH:

In the newpaper version of this article about gay parenting they include the People magazine cover picture of Clay and Parker with the blurb "Clay Aiken: The Idol star welcomed son Parker Foster Aiken on Aug. 8, 2008."

Right under Clay's picture there is also a blurb that states, "Gay men are just as likely to want to parent as straight men, but are less likely to parent because of all the barriers in their way." Which makes me want to say...thank you Jaymes!

And here is the picture...

GayParentingbookarticleUSAToday2-1.jpg

I totally agree with sugrbugr's assessment about Jaymes as well...

I'm curious... I'm assuming that it's hard for gay men to adopt but what about surrogate moms? I'd think that there would be lots of those women out there who would take $10,000 (or whatever the amount might be) from a gay man/couple or a single mom just as they would from a 'traditional' couple.

:shrug:

Yes? No?

Obviously, Rosie was able adopt 4 kids. Was that just because she had MONEY?

:GM_FCA:

24 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

86 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday To All Celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm curious... I'm assuming that it's hard for gay men to adopt but what about surrogate moms? I'd think that there would be lots of those women out there who would take $10,000 (or whatever the amount might be) from a gay man/couple or a single mom just as they would from a 'traditional' couple.

Yes? No?

Certain states in the US don't allow gay adoption. I think NC may be one and I know for sure Florida is one. I watched a documentary about a gay couple in Portland OR who adopted a few kids in FL with special needs. My son's child (not really his) by girlfriend (he helped raise her and still is although now she is 20) was friends with one of them. In total they had about 8 kids. They had to leave FL because the state wanted to take the children away from them, although there might not be anyone else willing to adopt. All part of the mess in this country as a result of not considering everyone equal.

Yes? No?

Certain states in the US don't allow gay adoption. I think NC may be one and I know for sure Florida is one. I watched a documentary about a gay couple in Portland OR who adopted a few kids in FL with special needs. My son's child (not really his) by girlfriend (he helped raise her and still is although now she is 20) was friends with one of them. In total they had about 8 kids. They had to leave FL because the state wanted to take the children away from them, although there might not be anyone else willing to adopt. All part of the mess in this country as a result of not considering everyone equal.

I have a friend whose daughter was in a lesbian relationship, supposedly for life. Their union ceremony (of sorts) was in Indiana. They chose from a donor bank, and my friend's daughter carried and bore twin babies. Her partner has recently decided to leave the relationship and is suing for partial custody. They reside in Florida.

It's a crazy system we have to sort out. :shrug:

Caro :listen:

I have a friend whose daughter was in a lesbian relationship, supposedly for life. Their union ceremony (of sorts) was in Indiana. They chose from a donor bank, and my friend's daughter carried and bore twin babies. Her partner has recently decided to leave the relationship and is suing for partial custody. They reside in Florida.

The real issue, or maybe just realization that some cannot accept, is that this sort of thing happens in heterosexual relationships all. the.time.

All civil ceremonies, marriages, whatever, are entered into with that "for life" thingy, regardless of the genitalia involved.

If anyone is so inclined we are in grave danger of being out of the money in these last few hours of the giving challenge. We are soooo close to getting the additional $10k it would be a shame to lose it now. I have given for today already and am asking friends to use their credit cards to donate in exchange for cash. It is down to just a handful of donations now.

Yes? No?

I believe in the Q & A thread someone asked Clay if he could adopt in NC and he said yes he could but he had no plans to.

Kim

He looks great in that pic. I like his hair best when it doesn't look like it has product in it. It looks so soft. Also like the stubble and shades. Wonder what he was doing in SF, assuming he wasn't there only to buy sunglasses.

David Foster's show is in San Jose tonight...maybe he is attending? Or maybe he is recording?

Kim

At CV, clayscience noted:

David Foster's tour is in San Jose tonight (southern San Francisco Bay area). Maybe attending? Or more????

And BOUNCER15:

It's the last stop before Vancouver on the 8th, Sunday

So maybe Clay's seeing friends and family on the West Coast - LA and Vancouver? (David, Jamie who's doing hair for the tour, Ruben, perhaps Foster family members?) Just speculating here, obviously.

B)B)B)B)B)

Ah, Clay. :flirtysmile3: :flirtysmile3: :flirtysmile3:

I love how he looks there. I think I like him dressed down, in shades and stubble, even more than I like him in a suit.

Maybe.

Ah, Clay. :flirtysmile3: :flirtysmile3: :flirtysmile3:

I love how he looks there. I think I like him dressed down, in shades and stubble, even more than I like him in a suit.

Maybe.

Nothing like a guy who looks hot either way. :wub::wub: