#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Yay there's clack. I had no doubt there would be. Perusing One is visiting and we went in search of Clay. I mean he's somewhere in a 50 mile radius...how hard can it be? LOL

Just kidding but we did walk into a Noah's Bagels and Clay serenaded us with On My way Here...so we sat down and waited for him to show up. No luck!!

ETA: We went to the ferry building today and hung out and had fun..and now my mom, with her sweet tooth -- told us to bring he back something sweet. So we did. In fact I got her two of her favorite things..chocolate covered bacon. We'll let you know how it taste LOL.

I am puzzled. I have been reading at CH, CV, and OFC and aside from 2 posts on CH all the ones I have read have been very positive.

Yep, but without looking, I'm willing to bet that those two posts came from what I call the "vocal minority". i.e. those who have somehow gained influence in the fandom and are hell bent on using it. :whistling-1: Sorry, I think some of us have become quite jaded about the online fandom.

I got sidetracked while d/ling UM to my iPod and have just been listening to Just You.

Was this one of the songs that he tried out during the JBT? If so, can someone tell me at what concert he did and which the best video.

This is the first of the new songs he tried out on the JBT, and the only one I didn't get to see live. I don't know about video so much, but the best audio, by far IMO, is 050731_Pittsburgh_JustYou_Scarlett.mp3.

Clack Unlimited link to Scarlett's audio files

Thanks very much luckiest but he gave us the clean recorded version of JY! *to die for* I just love hearing him sing "Clay Aiken music" -- *wub* like having angels wings touch my soul but with a replay button! It's what I go to when (at different times, depending on my need), I look for something to inspire, sustain or calm my moods or just get me started right in the morning. Sometimes it carries me through things, other times it lets me dream or helps me believe. Other times it's a fun thing to share with friends. I read some posts after the Gala about how some people liked listening to MR but didn't want it on a CD. (?!!! -- what is music for if not for listening? something to put on or impress people with? like music as a part of our entourage? ) It's a gift to be able to find and download this clips like the one we got yesterday, and it's too sad that people don't see or admit to what his songs can do or be for them.

:GM_FCA:

Here is a clearer version of UM from kjmmom

22 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

84 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I just watched the new video.

Great performance, but what is that white blob hanging from his belt? jacket? or something? I kept watching it trying to figure out what it was. It's definitely attached to him somehow, but I don't think it's part of the mike or electronics.

Any guesses?

I just watched the new video.

Great performance, but what is that white blob hanging from his belt? jacket? or something? I kept watching it trying to figure out what it was. It's definitely attached to him somehow, but I don't think it's part of the mike or electronics.

Any guesses?

Probably a back stage pass...he borrowed the jacket from someone backstage.

Kim

I am puzzled. I have been reading at CH, CV, and OFC and aside from 2 posts on CH all the ones I have read have been very positive.

Yep, but without looking, I'm willing to bet that those two posts came from what I call the "vocal minority". i.e. those who have somehow gained influence in the fandom and are hell bent on using it. :whistling-1: Sorry, I think some of us have become quite jaded about the online fandom.

I got sidetracked while d/ling UM to my iPod and have just been listening to Just You.

Was this one of the songs that he tried out during the JBT? If so, can someone tell me at what concert he did and which the best video.

This is the first of the new songs he tried out on the JBT, and the only one I didn't get to see live. I don't know about video so much, but the best audio, by far IMO, is 050731_Pittsburgh_JustYou_Scarlett.mp3.

Clack Unlimited link to Scarlett's audio files

Yayyy. My favourite song. All I have listened to is the Toms River one (since that's the first one I put on my Archos) I will have to put them all on, because I'm not sure he ever sang it the same say twice.

He is a clearer video!

Wheeeee, thanks!

Yeah, the thing about Just You is that he never sang it the same twice, so it's good to have each and every version of it. :) Which would mean the version he gave us (thanks for the reminder Scarlett!) and the first 6 concerts of the Jukebox Tour (Toms River, Mohegan Sun, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Atlanta & Greenville) because in Cary he debuted A Thousand Days. And I was there. And then in Toronto, he debuted Tears Run Dry. And I was there again. :lilredani:

Hee. My co-worker's daughter is visiting from Vancouver and on Friday she was showing us the "elbow bump" they do instead of a hand shake. Too cute to see it in action so soon :wub:

eta...also just for fun....this is what one of our local sportswriters put in his blog yesterday.

4. Apparently, someone has created a Twitter account in my name, complete with matching photo. I would just like to state for the record that I had nothing to do with that. I do not tweet, I have never tweeted nor shall I ever tweet. I think it's a silly thing. Nobody is that interesting that I need to know what they are doing or thinking every five minutes. If I have something to say that can't wait, you'll read it here. So, if you see something on Twitter with my name on it, it's a fake. It's somebody else giving you what they believe are the boring details of my life. Thank you, but I'll keep my boring life to myself.

I have a long standing dislike for this guy.

May be the best thing he's ever written.

:cryingwlaughter:

Psssst...Cindilu, how about a new banner?

Kim

Okay!

(and thank you to jamar for the hover quote and what was, quite possibly, the best thread title evah!)

ETA: Unchained Melody was my 'epiphany' moment on AI. The moment when I went from seeing Clay as that funny, charming southern kid with the great voice to the holy-crap-who-IS-this-guy-and-what-has-he-done-to-me??? man. So as far as I'm concerned, he can sing Unchained Melody any time, any place, from now until forever, and that will be just fine by me. :wub:

Hey! I'm in Merrillville, Indiana! As a matter of fact, I'm in the same hotel I stayed at for Clay, 2006. *waves at luckiest1* This time, it's for my husband's favorite band, Steely Dan. They are doing one of their albums, Aja, from beginning to end, plus extra songs at the end of the set. I love this concept, and can't wait for Clay to try something like that in 10-20 years. Yeah, I'm confident he'll still be singing at that time!

Lucky you. I love Steely Dan. Did they do "Gaucho." I hope they come to Houston. I am so there!

Listening to Christmas music of you know who, hubby passes by and said "Don't you get tired listening to the same voice all the time?" Told him of course not plus I don't always listen to Clay even if it's the majority of the time. LOL

Thanks for the gorgeous banner cindilu. He looked so vulnerable in Vancouver at the DF charitable event.

The new video is great.He sounded so good there. Pretty amazing to sing that without first warming up his voice. I think he is very competitive and takes it as a dare. Is the elbow bump because of H1N1?

I was at Toms River when he sang Just You. Such a challanging song to sing at the end of a three hour concert. I love that song and the recorded version is sublime. I'm like Scarlett and will take anything he sings. I hope those who think he will be a rock star finally realize who he is and what he likes to sing. Not that I have a clue about the next cd. :idk:

Have a great afternoon.

Another version of UM...you can see his face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTugnsf3Cnk...player_embedded

AWESOME!! Loving these later versions, but loved the first ones too.

Is the elbow bump because of H1N1?

Apparently it's the newest thing in the Vancouver area...if it's because of H1N1...does that mean we're going to have to start sneezing/coughing into our knees now??! :hysterical:

I don't know if I can reach.....

Sniffle...I haven't been able to watch...have tried at least 6 times and Youtube keeps shutting down on me...hope it is vaulted soon.

Kim