#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

i think international will call might work

nope canada isn't an option. tried that.

Looks like we are out of luck. No Canadians have gotten tickets they get to choosing seats and the delivery method and then it can't be processed. I tried calling but they only do current sales no presales. NOT HAPPY.

They saved the best tickets for the public sale anyway guys. I never was offered anything good--mostly in the last rows of the balcony or way off to the side in the back of the messanine. I did give up seats a little closer early on, and never saw those again. Finally after half an hour I went ahead and took 3rd row balcony close to the center. I think you've got better odds in the public sale anyway. Clearly they didn't save the best for the fan club. Well, a few people did really well, but I'll bet you'll do better in the public sale.

Sorry about them not letting the Canadians in though - sucks!

I was just able to pick up a single ticket in Section B! I phished for half an hour, and was offered progressively worse seats. I then went back after a break and phished some more and a ticket in the Dress Circle came up! I didn't even really plan on going and now I may have to reconsider!

Well thankfully someone at CV offered me a pair so I took them. This is the most frustrated I have ever been on a ticket sale I think. To see everyone posting about how they are throwing tickets back because they aren't good enough and to be unable to complete any ticket purchase because I am Canadian.....ARGH. "Ain't too proud to beg" is all that is going through my mind today.

Well thankfully someone at CV offered me a pair so I took them. This is the most frustrated I have ever been on a ticket sale I think. To see everyone posting about how they are throwing tickets back because they aren't good enough and to be unable to complete any ticket purchase because I am Canadian.....ARGH. "Ain't too proud to beg" is all that is going through my mind today.

Sending a hug because I was online at CV watching your frustation and not even being able to help. Glad one of our American buddies was able to take care of you! Just because I'm not able to go, doesn't mean that I didn't share your angst! :friends:

That was the worst. Thank goodness for American friends.

That's as frustrated as I've ever been for a ticket sale. Man oh man. It's never easy being a Clay fan!!!

Good darn thing he's cute. (and he said 'ass'. heheh)

The first VIP package it at $8100 so far. Wonder if Canadians could bid on that ^_^

I need an american!!! Helllllllllllllp?

I did find row Cs in the side mezz S section just 10 min ago but of course couldn't get them!!!

Anybody on here willing to get them and do etickets and I'll paypal you tonight?

Tried the US site and was to section T but still row C, so not too much different.

I can PM you my code if anybody can help?

I need an american!!! Helllllllllllllp?

I did find row Cs in the side mezz S section just 10 min ago but of course couldn't get them!!!

Anybody on here willing to get them and do etickets and I'll paypal you tonight?

Tried the US site and was to section T but still row C, so not too much different.

I can PM you my code if anybody can help?

Hey we have an extra set of tickets if you are interested. PM me

I just tried for argument sake and got through to the payment screen (with Canadian delivery).

yeah Clay just posted on facebook that it's fixed

Cool! Lots of section F and K coming up now, too. *hatessssssssss ticketbastard*

It's posted on OFC now as well. Too bad we didn't get the same chance at the really good seats that everybody else did.

Lordy - what made me even think about posting on the OFC? *smacks self*

Sorry, but all the apologies and 'hard work' in the world plus a quarter (or is it fifty cents now?) will let me call someone who cares. I *got* tickets, thanks to my American friend - but that doesn't change the fact that once again we're pretty much being told to suck it up. Bah!!! No excuse, IMO, for not having tested the thing before the sale. It's what they do!

How funny is it that somebody on OFC feels the need to defend Clay to *me* of all people. BWAH!!! Never said it was Clay or even the OFC's fault. Oh Ron, wherefore art though?

Facebook?

Glad that it is finally fixed. Too little too late though...nothing better than what I managed to get (section F row F). I may try again in the public sale to see what is released. I am happy to just be in the building at all after all the stress this morning! But Clay makes me laugh, because to him it should just matter that we can hear him. He doesn't get that we want to see him too. :cryingwlaughter: He is such a sweetie. :wub:

So now that that is over, I get to go home and totally stress myself out watching the mens' short program at the Olympics tonight. What a day!

:GA_FCA:

Before the TM Tango began, I posted a Carolina On My Mind entry that reflected jitters, helpful hints, and best wishes from three message boards for today's event. NO NAMES, just the posts.

The first two hours of the pre-sale provided an addendum that really describes the "Ticketmonster"

experience, Canadian problem and its resolution included. Plus bottlecap gave me permission to re-enact her pictorial essay that includes art by Kareneh, fivegoldens, and Invisible926. (Does anyone know who took the second picture?) Thnx, Bottle! :)

Many thnx for helping to "write" the blog and for your visits/comments. Hope you enjoy reliving today's TM Tango.

Caro :listen:

Oh Ron, wherefore art thou?

cindilu2, if you mean Ron the God of Irony - he has been busy doing kettlebell interval training, and has ordered a LOT of EZ-Fling spears - new CD coming soon, and he is determined to let no hypocrite go unskewered. I found him in a sake bar in Tokyo; he was out of shape and down in spirit, but the thought of perforating some deserving folks cheered him up. Yeah, he'll get tired of it after a week or so, and beg for helpers, but we'll deal with that later.

He is gonna hurl that kettlebell, too, if he feels the situation warrants it.

If you were not asking about him, well, he wanted me to get the information out there, anyway.

Oh Ron, wherefore art thou?

cindilu2, if you mean Ron the God of Irony - he has been busy doing kettlebell interval training, and has ordered a LOT of EZ-Fling spears - new CD coming soon, and he is determined to let no hypocrite go unskewered. I found him in a sake bar in Tokyo; he was out of shape and down in spirit, but the thought of perforating some deserving folks cheered him up. Yeah, he'll get tired of it after a week or so, and beg for helpers, but we'll deal with that later.

He is gonna hurl that kettlebell, too, if he feels the situation warrants it.

If you were not asking about him, well, he wanted me to get the information out there, anyway.

:hahaha: Yup, that's the guy.

ETA: the VIP Auction is up to $8600

I'm here, I'm here!!! :04:

I have the front page bookmarked here at work and, of course, it doesn't work now. I finally found a link on Caro's blog... THANKS, Caro!

I honestly don't think Clay has any idea what Ticketmonster does to us during pre-sales. It sure seems like they saved most of the far away seats for the pre-sale from what I was reading. Sorry about that, all you ticket-tryers. And, what the idjits did to the Canadians was totally not ok! (I can't bring myself to type the words I'm thinking!)

Well, the online fans are going to be spread all over the theatre and that might be a good thing. Sounds like upgrades will be the norm and there will be lots of tickets for sale as always... heh heh

Now that the tickets are on sale, I'm getting more excited and I'm not even going. :cryingwlaughter:

I have the front page bookmarked here at work and, of course, it doesn't work now. I finally found a link on Caro's blog... THANKS, Caro!

I honestly don't think Clay has any idea what Ticketmonster does to us during pre-sales. It sure seems like they saved most of the far away seats for the pre-sale from what I was reading. Sorry about that, all you ticket-tryers. And, what the idjits did to the Canadians was totally not ok! (I can't bring myself to type the words I'm thinking!)

Well, the online fans are going to be spread all over the theatre and that might be a good thing. Sounds like upgrades will be the norm and there will be lots of tickets for sale as always... heh heh

Now that the tickets are on sale, I'm getting more excited and I'm not even going. :cryingwlaughter:

Glad to assist, liney23! :)

I added a couple of clickable photos from inside the auditorium. It really does look as if every seat is good. One person I quoted in today's Carolina blog is from Raleigh, and she said she's been to several functions there and Clay is right. It's a beautiful hall, everyone can see -- just not from Clay's lap. :lol:

Caro :listen:

Facebook?

Glad that it is finally fixed. Too little too late though...nothing better than what I managed to get (section F row F). I may try again in the public sale to see what is released. I am happy to just be in the building at all after all the stress this morning! But Clay makes me laugh, because to him it should just matter that we can hear him. He doesn't get that we want to see him too. :cryingwlaughter: He is such a sweetie. :wub:

So now that that is over, I get to go home and totally stress myself out watching the mens' short program at the Olympics tonight. What a day!

Sorry I was really busy at work, sure didn't need this stress and I posted quickly. There was an announcement from team Clay on facebook, is what I should have said.