#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

keepingfaith That interview was very interesting. I really have never read such direct answers on how to do deal with radio. It helps me understand Decca and their approach better as well. It seems that they are a perfect match for Clay.

I thought Jennifer Hudson's performance was the best I have seen since she was on idol. She was my favorite during AI3 and i was sad to see her go. I really haven't like many of her performances since then including Dreamgirls. But last night she looked amazing and sang with such confidence and control. I was very impressed. I enjoyed John Legend too-he has a great voice. I actually enjoyed all the performances I saw, DH had the remote and he was not too keen on watching it.

If I were Clay, I would be irritated that some would post that he might have made a mistake about the date.

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

34 Days until Clay is Speaking at The HRC Convention!

47 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!

56 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 and 1/2 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

According to the CBC's website, donations to Haiti Relief are upwards of $9 million so far. I could swear that number was much, much lower at the beginning of the telethon last night. I watched both the hour long Canadian telethon, and some of the US telethon as well. I admit to channel hopping during performances that weren't to my taste, tho. ;) It was really quite overwhelming and so, so sad to see all the devastation. I am glad that the telethon was a resounding success, because the conditions that those survivors are living in right now is abysmal. I can't even imagine. Please donate if you can! For Canadians, the government is matching donations dollar for dollar right now. Not sure how long that offer is going to last.

Which makes me laugh, really, because then we're donating.....and donating again when our "government" matches it, right? :hysterical:

(not that it isn't OK by me....it is...I just think it's funny)

According to the CBC's website, donations to Haiti Relief are upwards of $9 million so far. I could swear that number was much, much lower at the beginning of the telethon last night. I watched both the hour long Canadian telethon, and some of the US telethon as well. I admit to channel hopping during performances that weren't to my taste, tho. ;) It was really quite overwhelming and so, so sad to see all the devastation. I am glad that the telethon was a resounding success, because the conditions that those survivors are living in right now is abysmal. I can't even imagine. Please donate if you can! For Canadians, the government is matching donations dollar for dollar right now. Not sure how long that offer is going to last.

Which makes me laugh, really, because then we're donating.....and donating again when our "government" matches it, right? :hysterical:

(not that it isn't OK by me....it is...I just think it's funny)

I thought that too, but I suppose they could be spending our money on less important things, sooooo....

If I were Clay, I would be irritated that some would post that he might have made a mistake about the date.

If Clay were reading regularly he could have found plenty to irritate him over a long period of time. I've wondered before why Clay didn't step in with a word or two to quell some messy pie fights. I think the "you think I'm stupid?" remark was righteous.

I'm puzzled when Clay is called a brat. No visible part of him looks like a large curved sausage, although I've heard the rumors. But to those in the know, this inquiring mind would appreciate some information regarding exactly how big that brat is?

I'm puzzled when Clay is called a brat. No visible part of him looks like a large curved sausage, although I've heard the rumors. But to those in the know, this inquiring mind would appreciate some information regarding exactly how big that brat is?
Bwah!

Yes inquiring minds do want to know!

Well, here's one assessment -

post-1277-1264352241_thumb.jpg

:DoClay:

Word of advice to anyone who is waiting to book flights for the March 12th thing....stop waiting. goldarngirl and I each had the same flights up on the screen this morning (we were using Expedia). She clicked ok. I waited to find out her seat numbers, then I clicked ok. Hers were through but mine failed, with the message that the price of my flight had changed. OMFG. Suffice to say that after multiple phone calls, I got nowhere and had to pay the increased rates. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :23:

I saw a package of Buffalo meat hot dogs at the story yesterday. They were each of a goodly size in length and girth.

heee did you buy it?

Lemmings to the sea: Clay fans.

Thousands of dollars on airfare and hotels and no idea what for. (LOL!)

I know.heee. If I could I would.

I saw a package of Buffalo meat hot dogs at the story yesterday. They were each of a goodly size in length and girth.

heee did you buy it?

Lemmings to the sea: Clay fans.

Thousands of dollars on airfare and hotels and no idea what for. (LOL!)

I know.heee. If I could I would.

Read on another MB that Faye has spilled the beans on her facebook page. It is the PBS taping! I guess she can talk about it, but Clay can't. Maybe that is why it is on her facebook page?

Word of advice to anyone who is waiting to book flights for the March 12th thing....stop waiting. goldarngirl and I each had the same flights up on the screen this morning (we were using Expedia). She clicked ok. I waited to find out her seat numbers, then I clicked ok. Hers were through but mine failed, with the message that the price of my flight had changed. OMFG. Suffice to say that after multiple phone calls, I got nowhere and had to pay the increased rates. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :23:

Oh nooooooo!!! :-(

You already know I agree with the bolded....but I fear that those who are waiting to have "a ticket" in hand will be very disappointed.

Call me a crazy Clayfan....but I'm :04:

And not one bit worried I don't have a ticket. :)

:GM_FCA:

7 Days until GFI!

33 Days until Clay Speaks at the HRC Convention!

46 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!

55 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 and 1/2 months until the New CD/PB Special!

:04:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From International Media, on Facebook:

International Media BIG Clay Aiken announcement coming in two weeks: venue, date and location information will posted here and on our website. Stay tuned. Thank you for sharing your interest and excitement with us!