#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Okie ma dokie! I sure hope they can fix this!!!!

Maybe a head count of how many are having issues other than me and liney?

Seriously guys - update your browser. The internet's an ever-evolving thing, you know? IE8 or Firefox 3.5 will fix your issues and they're free.

Okie ma dokie! I sure hope they can fix this!!!!

Maybe a head count of how many are having issues other than me and liney?

Seriously guys - update your browser. The internet's an ever-evolving thing, you know? IE8 or Firefox 3.5 will fix your issues and they're free.

Or Google Chrome, which is now my browser of choice at home. (Firefox is that at work)

And I will reiterate what I said yesterday – browsers on work computers like mine are set at the corporate level, and since I’m not interested in being fired, I can’t change it or add another. If I want to post during the day, I guess I’ll just type it into Word first and copy it over.

And I will reiterate what I said yesterday – browsers on work computers like mine are set at the corporate level, and since I'm not interested in being fired, I can't change it or add another. If I want to post during the day, I guess I'll just type it into Word first and copy it over.

Yeah, I know there are some programs that won't operate on a newer browser (waves to goldarngirl) and there's nothing much can be done about that at work. ((((hugs)))) Hopefully they get their acts together and upgrade because the problem will only get worse (especially if they are still on IE6 :huh: ). I'm speaking from the POV of someone who just spent a year having to put 'fixes' in every design to make it work in the old incarnations of IE. If you are able (and not just stubborn, lol) upgrade!!!

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

21 Days until The Tried and True Special is Taped!

30 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses the Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

bottlecap, I feel terrible for those people who are stuck with older browsers. I'm kind of in the same boat here, except that it's with versions of Firefox, and I can't upgrade. If I were you, I'd develop a "relationship" with those IT people, and tell them that support for IE6 is fast disappearing, and they need to get their act in gear! This wikipedia article is a good source of information on the problems with IE6.

well I did some exploring... they had flood control on... like you could only do one post every 30 minutes. HA. We encourage post hoing. I got rid of that. Still can't figure out how to give unlimited PMs heee.

Yikes! Didn't see that. I do think we have unlimited PMs--if I read the settings correctly. I think there's an override on the limit for all members. I didn't find a way to archive PMs though. I miss that.

well I did some exploring... they had flood control on... like you could only do one post every 30 minutes. HA. We encourage post hoing. I got rid of that. Still can't figure out how to give unlimited PMs heee.

Yikes! Didn't see that. I do think we have unlimited PMs--if I read the settings correctly. I think there's an override on the limit for all members. I didn't find a way to archive PMs though. I miss that.

From the Help File, under the section "Personal Messages":

You can also add your own folders to make it easier to manage your messages.

Adding a new folder

To add a new folder, press the "folder_add.png Add" button beneath the list of folders.

Type the name of the folder you want to add, then press the "+" button.

Moving messages

To move a message from one folder to another, select the checkbox beside the conversation, then select the name of the folder you want to move the conversation to from the dropdown at the bottom and then press Go.

Renaming, Deleting or Emptying a folder

To rename, empty or delete a folder, press the "folder_edit.png Edit" button beneath the list of folders.

To rename a folder, type the new name in the textbox currently containing the folder name, and then press the ">" button. You cannot rename default folders.

To empty a folder, press the bin.png icon beside the folder name.

It looks as if you can create your own archive folder, or archive folders by person's names, or how ever you want to save messages, by creating your own folders.

My message section says I can have up to 400 messages. I'm not sure if these folders would help alleviate that problem. I'll have to try it and see.

Crap, the pictures don't show up. Crap. Sorry about that.

Thanks, ldyj, I saw that, but with the old board you could actually save messages on your computer. A file would be e-mailed to you of a selected number of PMs, in either html or another format, your choice. I would do that periodically and delete some PMs. CH doesn't have that option; CV does, but it wouldn't work for me for the longest time. The old FCA had that, and it worked great.

ETA: I added this to the Board Issues thread just because--can't hurt to ask.

Well, I tried for tickets today in the regular sale.....nada!

Went through about 10-12 "no tickets available" before receiving an offer...and then the only tickets I was offered were in the backs of the balconies and mezzanines.

Thank goodness we have tickets already....we are "in da house"!

Looks like it may be near sellout...which is awesome! You can get the odd ticket to show up in out of the way corners as singles, but doing 2 tickets gets you laughter, basically. :)

I'm LOVING the new board....as it knows me again!! :)

BTW that new TM screen sucks rocks. :( The page is too long to appear on one screen, so on my monitor you have to scroll down to hit the "search"...and about 3 times out of ten it changes the search parameters from "best available" when you scroll...so you're searching for something you don't want. Another improvement to benefit the ticket brokers, I assume.

I agree jmh -- I liked that function too, with emailing the PM's to yourself. I'll keep looking for that option.

Clay has answered one more question at the OFC. He confirms that they will be marketing this to PBS stations to show during pledge drives. His hope is that we "spread the wealth" a bit, because calls frequently result in repeat showings of the programs...which then adds more people to watch...and the circle goes on and on.

And he ends the whole thing with, "Strategy, my dears. ha ha!" I wuv him.

Well, I tried for tickets today in the regular sale.....nada!

Went through about 10-12 "no tickets available" before receiving an offer...and then the only tickets I was offered were in the backs of the balconies and mezzanines.

Thank goodness we have tickets already....we are "in da house"!

Looks like it may be near sellout...which is awesome! You can get the odd ticket to show up in out of the way corners as singles, but doing 2 tickets gets you laughter, basically. :)

I'm LOVING the new board....as it knows me again!! :)

BTW that new TM screen sucks rocks. :( The page is too long to appear on one screen, so on my monitor you have to scroll down to hit the "search"...and about 3 times out of ten it changes the search parameters from "best available" when you scroll...so you're searching for something you don't want. Another improvement to benefit the ticket brokers, I assume.

I'm glad if the tickets are being sold to the 'regular' folks, but sorry you couldn't improve on what you had! :thbighug-1: As for the search parameter thing - I've had that happen to me on SO many different sites, and I finally figured out why (d101). If you are using your mouse wheel to scroll with and the cursor has inadvertently moved to the next 'box' (ie, the 'best available' box on TM), when you scroll, it scrolls through the drop list of choices for that box. Thus, when you click somewhere again it accepts wherever it landed as your selection. I have it happen most often when choosing expiry dates from drop down windows - then I scroll without realizing I haven't clicked away, and it changes. Argggh!!!!

Ditto as far as the ticket front FromClaygary. I was searching for two for Claylove and there is nothing coming up except occasional back balcony...mostly getting "nothing available." So glad she decided to take the mezzanine that came up in the presale. Whew. Getting any Progress tickets is truly luck and good fortune, I think.

I *did* manage to get accessible seats for myself, Karen, Vickie & Jessica the other day...but ONLY because I called early. They started selling them at 11:00AM so if I had called later...I wouldn't have a seat. They were nice, but that policy SUCKS. I felt badly for anyone actually calling at the "appointed hour."

Oh well, drama done...let's party! Can'twait to see everyone!

I *did* manage to get accessible seats for myself, Karen, Vickie & Jessica the other day...but ONLY because I called early. They started selling them at 11:00AM so if I had called later...I wouldn't have a seat. They were nice, but that policy SUCKS. I felt badly for anyone actually calling at the "appointed hour."

Hooray for you!

I'm glad the tickets are selling well for this event. I just did a little searching for fun, both for a single and for three in a row, and got nothing better than I already have. I don't know who got all the best seats, but hooray for them! I'm just happy to be in the house (for realz).

Eeeep! Totally gapped the public ticket sale this morning, but it sounds like it was a bust anyways. I am ok with the seats we have and I really, really hope that people don't start upgrading and leaving no butts in the original seats. That would really suck for Clay. Hey, at least I am not in one of the sections that does not allow binoculars! Yeah, I know, that means I probably can't see much without them, but I'm trying to be optomistic. tongue.gif

Ditto as far as the ticket front FromClaygary. I was searching for two for Claylove and there is nothing coming up except occasional back balcony...mostly getting "nothing available." So glad she decided to take the mezzanine that came up in the presale. Whew. Getting any Progress tickets is truly luck and good fortune, I think.

Oh well, drama done...let's party! Can'twait to see everyone!

"Called early"? Did you phone Ticketmaster or the box office and were those pre-sale seats?

I didn't know it was possible to buy the tickets on the phone early.

There are a lot of tickets for sale on the ticket broker sites and on e-bay. Some are good but those, of course are going for a very high price.

What happens if they don't sell by the day of the concert? Do the brokers release them back to the box office or do the seats just remain empty until someone "steals" them?

Okey-dokie!!

I talked to the GM at Tirnanog Irish Pub, who is just a fountain of information. :)

We have arranged for a morning-after breakfast Saturday March 13 at 10:30 AM. Although they don't usually do the buffet on Saturdays, they will do one for us that morning.

Cost is $11.95 per person, and you will be billed that morning at your table.

Here is the (minor, I think) glitch:

March 13th is the annual St. Paddy's Day parade in downtown Raleigh. Streets (esp Fayetteville) will be blocked off from around 9 AM that morning until around 1 PM when the parade finishes just outside Tirnanog's door! So....access for anyone with a disability will be greatly limited :(

Annie suggested, for those staying at the Sheraton and the Marriott, that there are shuttles which they run that could bring you over (ask at the Sheraton desk) so that may be an option.

Otherwise, we will need to be downtown early with our vehicles to be sure to access the restaurant; there will be extremely limited to no parking in the immediate vicinity of the restaurant.

Thread for the "attending" list is HERE

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

For jmh, and for anyone else who uses the PM archive...from the help files.

Archive Messages

If your messenger folders are full and you are unable to receive new messages, you can archive them off. This compiles the messages into a single HTML page or Microsoft Excel format. This page is then emailed to your registered email address for your convenience.

So, it looks as if you mailbox must be full before the archive feature takes effect.

Sorry to hear that the Ticketmonster search today was kinda crappy. BTW...love it that Clay called it "Ticketmonster."

:04: Happy Birthday Luckiest

:thbighug-1: To Annabear Glad to hear you're getting better.

:hello:ChaCha that snow sounds like hard work! Umm...What are "Bunco" ladies?

:hello:ausdon - hard work doesn't begin to describe it! Here are some pictures:

this is the view from the front door - that little bubble of snow is the birdbath - to give you a clue of how deep is was! The slight depression straight out is the walkway!

th_IMG_1901.jpg

Here's the front porch all covered with snow.

th_IMG_1904.jpg

This is the view of the house after I shoveled two thirds of the way to the mailbox!

th_IMG_1952.jpg

And "Bunco" is a game played with dice, accompanied by several glasses of wine! We get together every month and play and sometimes do other stuff together! It's fun!!

The new board is certainly different but I don't see any problems yet! Good job mods! :)

Lotus sorry, these weren't regular seats. I had posted prior to the presale regarding accessible issues, but suppose I should have clarified that these were accessible seats. They only have 6 accessible + 6 companion seats in the auditorium...and once again we were left hanging as to how/where we would be able to purchase accessible seats in the presale...hence calling the theatre. My friend has two daughters with disabilites-one in a wheelchair, but the other not able to sit alone either, so the 2 ticket limit was a problem. Her "other" daughter is going to use my "companion" ticket, which will allow my friend to sit between her two daughters. I called early because Progress Center has a history of screwing with accessible seating-and because we were trying to work it out to get our seats together. I have been left out completely in the past.

ETA FromClaygary, the breakfast arrangements sound great! Not sure about anyone else with disabilities, but I'll manage...with a little help from my friends;) It couldn't be any worse than that day a few galas ago when we wandered around looking for a place to eat before finally discovering Tirnanog. At least this time, even if we have to walk , we can take a more...ummmmm...direct route. :cryingwlaughter: After I survived NYC in a wheelchair...this is a piece of cake.