#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

LOL! Seriously, dewds - I can't see a thing when I try to post. Eeeps!

Do you mean in the composition window? Because I can see everything, so it must be an IE6 thing. But how weird that must be for you!!

FWIW - I've been using Google Chrome instead of IE recently - it works great!

I'm gong to try typing a bit, then editing.

Ok, this works here at work. Type in the dark, then post reply, then edit and you can see it just fine.

It would be interesting to know how many tickets have sold. Sounds like scalpers and ticket agents got

the best seats. I wonder if that is why really good seats often show up the day of the show... cause

ticket agents turn them back in.

I, too, cannot do a thing to my computer. The IT dept. has to do it all. Now, at home I have the new

Chrome, so no problems.

cha cha... I love that church sign!!! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA FromClaygary, the breakfast arrangements sound great! Not sure about anyone else with disabilities, but I'll manage...with a little help from my friends;) It couldn't be any worse than that day a few galas ago when we wandered around looking for a place to eat before finally discovering Tirnanog. At least this time, even if we have to walk , we can take a more...ummmmm...direct route. :cryingwlaughter: After I survived NYC in a wheelchair...this is a piece of cake.

gmb :starhugs: We will definitely manage!

I had to pass this along!!

th_snowprayer.jpg

This CMSU :hahaha: Who says the Baptists don't have a sense of humour? Nice to see you, cha cha. Hope we get to say hey in Raleigh!

Hey Cindi! Me too! I am riding with my friend from PA who loves to get an early start - but I'm going to ask about going to the breakfast! So excited about seeing Clay sing!!! :balloons: :04:

Personally, I think the whole "questions for the special" thing is getting a bit ridiculous...I mean common sense people!

Kim

Kim, apparently some folks are lacking in that department! :)

Ya think?

Kim

News from several places in Clayland today:

Fountaindawg at the CH:

The 'National Inclusion Project' has posted a report from the the 'Golfing For Inclusion' activities.
3rd Annual Golfing For Inclusion Raises Over $150,000

Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. – Supporters of the National Inclusion Project helped to raise over $150,000 at the 3rd annual Golfing for Inclusion. The event sponsored by Allianz Life and American Portfolios was held at The Country Club at Mirasol in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida on February 1, 2010. The funds raised will be used to provide children with disabilities the opportunity to play, learn and grow side-by-side with their typical peers. Special recognition is also extended to Osiris Fund for a generous contribution supporting inclusion.

Clay looks really happy in the group photo.

For comparison purposes, last year's report said that over $100,000 had been raised so it looks like they had a nice bump this year.

From getclayaiken.com

From the Progress Energy Performing Arts Center

Clay's pic now appears on the front page.

For the past few years American Idol has captivated our hearts and brought us extreme laughter. Raleigh's own Clay Aiken helped make that show the phenomenon it is today! And winning second season runner-up, Clay made the people of Raleigh proud. Come and experience this truly amazing artist live, touring in support of his most recent album, "Clay Aiken: Tried and True" which will be released this spring. Get your tickets today to see Clay Aiken live in concert!

Sounds good to me. :grin

At least this time, even if we have to walk , we can take a more...ummmmm...direct route. :cryingwlaughter:After I survived NYC in a wheelchair...this is a piece of cake.

Ah yes... just a little over a year ago, I was trying *not* to dump you out of your wheelchair as we walked from the Gershwin to John's Pizza! :cryingwlaughter:

Snazzy new digs, FCA. :)

I also have an extra ticket for sale to the Magical Mystery Date (that is no longer a mystery!)

Also couldn't find a separate thread for ticket listings!

If interested, please PM me!

Section J

Orchestra Right (behind Dress Circle front section)

Row K

Seat number 9

(This is 10 rows back in Right Orchestra and 5 seats from right center aisle; there are 8 seats on this row and another small section to the right.)

Price $71.15 paid; will sell for $50

The ticket is via TicketFast.

Thanks!

Hey ChaCha love that church sign! Thanks for explaining "Bunco" I have heard it on some US tv shows and wondered what it was!

That snow is just so foreign to my world! I must make an effort one winter to get to snow country.

Cindilu and others talking about IE8 - Thanks. When I read yesterday you talking about upgrading IE, I went ahead and did it and then also deleted all "extras" ? Or something like that. Anyway it fixed my problem with IE (some weird error) and also - taadaaa- fixed the problem I was having with viewing links from emails. I can now view the kids school newsletters and also my news from trip advisor. Which (sob) I can't afford to take advantage of. Oh well, thinking of my (hopefully) lovely new house.

BTW, I am not good with decisions and now I have to choose floor tiles. I am forcing my husband to come along even though he claims to not be interested so then it's not all on my shoulders! :whistling-1:

:GM_FCA:

7 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

20 Days until The Tried and True Special Taping!:yahoo:

29 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:GA_FCA:

Love all the Clay news reports and that our guy is answering questions. I'm heading over to the OFC next. Meanwhile, I have several notes/links for the next Carolina blog. :)

The current non-Clay Carolina blog recalls the adventures of The Cambiata Trio, an ensemble formed during my Nashville days. The entry was posted in conjunction with Friday's birthday shared by our two pianists.

I told the trio members that I usually write bits and pieces about my musical experiences/grandchildren/students during Clay's DOWN times, which this is definitely NOT! We all appreciate your blog/Facebook hits and comments about our experiences. :wub:

Have a wonderful Saturday, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Hee, Oh, how I love him. But Conan being a 'nice guy'????? That could be a deal breaker there, big guy. :imgtongue:

I also think Conan is a nice guy - I know he did jokes about Clay, but so did everybody else.

Conan basically got screwed by NBC and Leno had a lot to do with it.

I boycotted Conan's show forever, but then found out I'd missed a lot of good comedy!

I really enjoyed his interview with James Lipton on Inside the Actor's Studio. It was genius.

I hear he's putting together a comedy tour which I might be interested in if it doesn't conflict with Clay.

FTR - I hate the insult dog and the m'bating bear!