#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

And I've got to say -- I've become a HUGE fan of T Bone Burnett. He's produced some of my most favorite music over the past 10 years or so, from the soundtrack to "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" to "Raising Sand" from Robert Plant and Allison Krause. The soundtrack to "Crazy Heart" is fantastic.

My favorite T-Bone is T-Bone doing his own stuff as in this You Tube (I have relatives in Palestine, Texas (actually pronounced Pales-teen in Texas, and I love that T-Bone intentionally called it Pales-tine in the song)). It nails the local culture.

T-Bone Burnett - Palestine, Texas

Wow!!

And I've got to say -- I've become a HUGE fan of T Bone Burnett. He's produced some of my most favorite music over the past 10 years or so, from the soundtrack to "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" to "Raising Sand" from Robert Plant and Allison Krause. The soundtrack to "Crazy Heart" is fantastic.

My favorite T-Bone is T-Bone doing his own stuff as in this You Tube (I have relatives in Palestine, Texas (actually pronounced Pales-teen in Texas, and I love that T-Bone intentionally called it Pales-tine in the song)). It nails the local culture.

T-Bone Burnett - Palestine, Texas

Wow!!

I'll second that! When hubby and I bought the soundtrack to "Crazy Heart" last night, we also picked up one of T-Bone's solo albums. I'm definitely now a fan. That clip is great.

Unfortunately, because of all the activity around the downtown area the morning of our Post-breakfast, we have had to change the time to 9:30 AM

Tirnanog has asked that we do this, and they've been so good to us I hate to say no! This will greatly facilitate the rest of their day, and they're opening early to do this and facilitate our breakfast.

Hope this doesn't cause a problem for anyone; if you need me to take you off the representin' list HERE just let me know (in the thread, please, is preferable).

For those that didn't yet see it, we are having a post breakfast Saturday morning. Please come join us! :twinklewhore:

For those that didn't yet see it, we are having a post breakfast Saturday morning. Please come join us! :twinklewhore:

laughn and I are leaving for the airport at 9:00 on Saturday morning, so I'll have to pass. Hopefully, I'll run into some of you during the day on Friday at the Marriott.

I can't believe I'm actually watching one of those cheesy Time-Life commercials. Why, you ask? Because it's "Pop Memories of the '60s" and I'm scouting for songs that might be on "Tried and True". Hmmmm, some I'd love to hear Clay sing and some, not so much.

I've been mulling over songs that may have been included in Tried & True -- because what else am I going to do in my free time? I've gone through my iTunes files, and my books of CDs and the stacks of vinyl and considered every great song from the 60's that I think would fit Clay, and songs that haven't been done to death, etc. There are about 40 from that era that I'd love to hear Clay record, if not now then sometime in his recording future. But, there was that one song that when I listened to it I heard Clay singing it as clear as a bell and I'll never stop hoping to hear him sing it, if not record it. And my winner is ..... Jimmy Ruffin's What Becomes of the Brokenhearted. Can't you hear Clay singing that? I sure can. And when a song stays in my favorites for 44 years, that's definitely tried and true. If there's no R&B/Soul on this LP, then I'll wait for the day he records an LP dedicated completely to this motherlode of treasures.

Oh wow Keeping,I hadn't thought of that one. Yes! :flirtysmile3: (Along with WAMLAW - which I am not holding high hopes for...)

Time Life Infomercials CHEESY?

Are you kidding me. I love them! I watched the soul 70s the other night.:cryingwlaughter:

I will give one million dollars to any mod who can figure out how to double the size of the PM box.

Canfly I will ask Invision about your issues and see if I can find a response. Yes there is a member's board and also I can put in a trouble ticket to tech support and ask them directly.

I will give one million dollars to any mod who can figure out how to double the size of the PM box.

There's an override on "inbox full" for everyone. Won't that do just as well?

I know I saw that... but why bother getting full mailbox error messages. But it seems that's the only way and I do have that checked for members. But I just know I expanded the size before so it's bugging the hell out of me that I haven't been able to do it again.

I know I saw that... but why bother getting full mailbox error messages. But it seems that's the only way and I do have that checked for members. But I just know I expanded the size before so it's bugging the hell out of me that I haven't been able to do it again.

OK got it. You owe me a million! Do you want it doubled, or unlimited? (Right now it's doubled.)

OK got it. You owe me a million! Do you want it doubled, or unlimited? (Right now it's doubled.)

Bwah...ok send me your paypal address heeee. I knew it could be done!!

Good morning! I really appreciate those who are helping couchie and perusing one with the board changes. Since I take advantage of what you all have to offer I feel bad I can't volunteer this time around. With working, volunteering, and Mr. Fear's upcoming surgery I'd hate to promise something I couldn't complete on time. If you need help this summer, I'll be there.

I am looking forward to seeing Clay and those of you going to the breakfast. :dancingpickle: Mr. Fear delayed his surgery a week when I told him we were going to see Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

:GM_FCA:

It is a winter wonderland outside...got about 4 inches of wet, heavy snow...the trees are covered...looks pretty but I am not looking forward to having to go out in it.

5 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

18 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!

27 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

4 Months until June and the New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses the Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm seeing if this works (I'm one of those suffering through IE6 - yes, IE6, people! - at the office. Oooo

the stupid menu is covering up the damn text box! You have to space down 6 or seven times to see the cursor! Feh!

pets kf warmly and in an excessively friendly way for the idea of "What's Become of the Broken-Hearted". Ummmmmmm. Tasty.

KAndre.... I LOVE you!!! You mentioned about spacing down below the options/menu box and lo and behold that works!

Now, I no longer have to type something, then hit edit to write my message. This is much better!

I just finished reading all of Clay's last round of answers at the OFC. He is such an interesting man!

I love to see him talk almost as much as I love to hear him talk! I'm so excited that he's trying to make

the Mar date as much like a real concert as possible. However, I'm not sure how that can happen if the

attendees are not allowed to wear Clay stuff or have signs, etc... LOL And, what about screaming????

It's just not going to be a real concert experience without certain things being there

I saw on CV that there will be someone going to the HRC and a cellcert (hopefully). I'm dying to hear Clay's speech, so that is very good news.

Do we have an Olympics thread?

OMG did you see Moir and Virtue's free skate?

Yes! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :thewave:

Luckiest1 must be beside herself!!!!

I see the posting boxes are still effed up, lol.

Couchie, I hope it's OK to post this:

The Way We Make A Difference Ticket Project would like to announce that we are accepting donations of tickets for Clay's upcoming concert to be held Friday, March 12, in Raleigh. We are seeking donation of tickets ONLY. If you are someone who has upgraded your seats and finds you have an extra ticket or two to donate, we would welcome them!

For anyone not familiar with our project, TWWMAD promotes inclusion by offering a chance for people with and without disabilities to share in the excitement of seeing Clay in concert.

If you have tickets you would like to donate, please email kat@thewaywemakeadifference.org or ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org

Thanks!!

Feels soooo great to be doing this once again. It's such a "feel good" project!