#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

:GM_FCA:

4 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

17 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!

26 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses the Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wheeeeeee! Yes, I was certainly beside myself last night. I loved the way they kept cutting to the Ilderton community centre to show their reactions. And Scott is such a ham, isn't he? I don't know if I've ever seen someone so happy to win gold. They sure made us proud!

Wheeeeeee! Yes, I was certainly beside myself last night. I loved the way they kept cutting to the Ilderton community centre to show their reactions. And Scott is such a ham, isn't he? I don't know if I've ever seen someone so happy to win gold. They sure made us proud!

No wonder! They were fabulous. I love their elegant style.

crap I missed it last night... just came home and crashed. I'm fighting a cold. But when I woke up at 2 in the morning..I had the good sense to turn on the tv and press record on the late night repeat. I was actually hoping Canada would win!

Anyone can definitely start an olympics thread in sports or chit chat. I'm totally into everything as well.

They're re-broadcasting again on Starchoice 417, which is...SNE TO ???? Whatever that means.

No Starchoice and no cable that goes to 417....but thanks! :hysterical:

You can watch it on www.ctvolympics.ca

Not sure if it will work outside of Canada or not. I do believe you have to use IE though, as they use Silverlight as their player.

OT, but was in recent discussions around here lately...one more reason to get your IT department to ditch IE6.

YouTube to Drop Support of IE6

So, for those of you in education...just claim that you need to be able to show YouTube clips in your classes, and the clips may not work with IE6 anymore.

I mean, really -- you don't want to lose access to your Clay clips on YouTube while at work now, do you?

I know it's a battle, but it's one that I'd fight, if I were you all!

luckiest... congrats to you and to Canada!!!!!!!

I haven't seen the Virture and Moir performance yet, as it came on after I had to go to bed, so I'll watch it

on TIVO tonight. I'm very glad they won, tho I really liked their practice buddies from the USA team (can't

remember their names)... their Indian ice dance was awesome!!!

Aspie... loved your montage! I, too, think Reed's modeling is very avant garde and b&w really suited him. Thanks for all the work!

:GA_FCA:

For the second blog in a row, I uploaded while running out the door to drive for the 30-minute drive to a music studio. Throughout Monday afternoon lessons I worried whether I had typed "Tried and True" or "This and That." Thankfully, my subconscious had kicked in correctly. :cryingwlaughter:

The new Carolina On My Mind: Clay Aiken's TNT Stirs Excitement blog features CD/PBS Special news, The Way We Make a Difference, GFI fundraising update, banner and "I Was Here" montage by LovesClaysVoice.

Hope you enjoy. Drop by, and help keep the Clay blogs in business. :)

Hi everyone. I am really nervous to post but sneaking in a montage I made. Its a Reed Kelly montage. I had to make it with no glasses but squinted my way through. I get my new glasses this week I hope.

((((((Big Hugs to everyone too))))))

Wonderful montage, Aspiegirl! :clap:

Congratulations to Canada's ice dancing gold medalists! I certainly enjoyed watching their program. :twinklewhore:

Have an awesome week! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Good Morning Everyone,

Enjoyed the interview with Clay...I am glad he is writing his own speech and leaving the "politicalness" out of it.

3 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

16 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!

25 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special! :04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

Thanks for the link, merrieeee. So cool, good for him.

Last night I could not keep my eyes open for the ladies freeskate at the Olympics. I am getting a cold, probably because I am sleep deprived. So I missed Yu-Na Kim and Mao Asada but I set my blackberrry alarm for the final flight. I could not believe Joannie Rochette's determination and focus in the face of tragedy. She was amazing last night and I was crying along with her in the kiss 'n cry.

Today's News & Observer picks up the piece from last night, and quite handsomely (and on the front page, no less). YAY!

Link

Also, from the CH, it looks as if the Associated Press picked up the story, which IMO means it should be on Yahoo News by the end of the day today:

The Associated Press

NC native Clay Aiken takes stage for gay rights

The Associated Press

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- More than a year after disclosing he is gay, Clay Aiken is speaking before a gay-rights event in his North Carolina hometown.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reported Wednesday that Aiken will deliver a speech about gay rights this weekend at the Human Rights Campaign Carolinas gala in Raleigh.

The 31-year-old Raleigh native, pop singer and 2003 "American Idol" runner-up says he wrote his own speech after remarks provided for him proved too political, including a slam aimed at former President George W. Bush.

Aiken says his goal is to urge Americans to support equal rights for all. He says that means allowing homosexuals to marry and enjoy rights that heterosexual couples take for granted like inheritance and hospital visitation.

Is that the actual front page of the N&O? It’s seems like a features section, because it’s not exactly loaded with hard news. Or is my local paper weird for having mostly national and international news and sometimes significant state and local stories (lots of city budget coverage and whatnot, for example) on the front page? In any case, it’s nice to see.

My local newspaper looks more like the N&O. Everything on the front page today is local stories, including a popular columnist (who likes to rant about anything). The "hard" news gets relegated to the inside front page. I think it's got to be all about the sales, frankly...and that is sad.

I still like it that Clay made the front page, though, and can't wait for reports from the event.

Today's News & Observer picks up the piece from last night, and quite handsomely (and on the front page, no less). YAY!

Link

Also, from the CH, it looks as if the Associated Press picked up the story, which IMO means it should be on Yahoo News by the end of the day today:

And here it is!

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!:yahoo:

15 Days until The Tried and True Special tapes!:yahoo:

24 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

Kim

YAY! The countdown to the Tried & True Concert is just outside of two weeks. I'm so excited about it all. Clay is such an all around good guy to go with that spectacular voice and humanitarian spirit. I think it's all about to happen for him on a new level. He's a trail-blazer.

I watched part of AI last night, about 7 or 8 of the top 12 guys. Haven't seen any of the girls. I'm ready to predict that Simon's AI experience that began with a Texas girl Kelly Clarkson will probably end with Texas guy Casey James. Even without seeing it all, is there really any competition for a guy that good-looking, with such a great smile, sexy hair, hot body, and a singing presence that's somewhere in the world of Eddie Vedder and Cat Stevens? Is it even possible this guy could lose? I thought the Kara love was excessive, but if he sang "Heaven" to me like that I'd probably be excessive too. Just my opinion, but AI will be essentially over without Simon Cowell. He's the ultimate star of the show, love him or hate him, and he'll take his audience to X-Factor and Idol will suffer terribly. While I haven't been more than an intermittent, or spot watcher of Idol for several years - because it's been boring - Casey James will bring me back this season, if last night was any indication of what he'll be doing, and how he'll be looking!

You're the second person who said something (he's the blue-eyed blond, right?) I went looking for pictures and have to admit, I went "eh, he doesn't rock my world", but blonds almost never do, but clearly he's has somethin'-somethin' for people. I watched the girls a little Tuesday and was bored out of my mind and couldn't be bothered to turn it on. Someone (PerusingOne) will let me know when to watch for the horrors) and I'm sure someone will let me know for the crazy good.

I'm bored.

In an uncharacteristic * show of patriotism I post this from CV

Cotton

I have a RL Canadian friend - a young (compared to me!) teacher who lived with us for a few months back in Greensboro.

She sent me this youtube link today Tom Brockow explains Canadians to Americans

*you'll understand this statement after seeing the video.