#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

D101!!

In all the new tour excitement last night, I forgot to mention that I was at my (small town) Olympic supplier last night AND THEY HAVE OLYMPIC MITTENS!! There are only children's sizes left....but if anyone would like a pair, I can pick them up for you. They are $10 a pair, and if I have to mail them postage would be around $3 I believe....if you are coming to Raleigh, I could bring them with me.

Let me know via PM if you would like a pair....

A question for Canadian fans here

When you order tickets thru Ticketbastard for a concert in the States do you have the tickets mailed to you or do you just get them at the box office.

I am spitting mad right now as I just got an e-mail from them to tell me that the tickets I bought on the 19th and was told would be mailed on the 22nd were mailed yesterday!!!! :angry2: I have called Ticketmonster in North Carolina and according to them I am to just call 2 days before the concert, say that they haven't arrived and a lost ticket voucher for me will be sent to the box office.

Will someone here please reassure me that everything will be fine?

When you order tickets thru Ticketbastard for a concert in the States do you have the tickets mailed to you or do you just get them at the box office.

I am spitting mad right now as I just got an e-mail from them to tell me that the tickets I bought on the 19th and was told would be mailed on the 22nd were mailed yesterday!!!! :angry2: I have called Ticketmonster in North Carolina and according to them I am to just call 2 days before the concert, say that they haven't arrived and a lost ticket voucher for me will be sent to the box office.

I'm not in Canada, but I can tell you that you will be fine. A similar thing happened to me for Spamalot. The ticket didn't arrive in time, so I called them and the ticket was waiting for me at Will Call. When I got home, the ticket had arrived in the mail.

Lotus, we always use Ticketfast (ie, a soft copy ticket) for the very reason you've just identified....hard tickets are always mailed just prior to the concert, and if you're travelling this just doesn't cut it.

But....:)....it WILL be fine. If they don't come in time before you leave you can get that "lost tickets" thingy.

ETA: I think you may just get them, actually...it usually takes about 5-7 days. Be careful you don't dispose of them by accident! They come in a very plain, unidentified white envelope which looks kind of like junk mail.

I wanted to post (by permission) this update from the National Inclusion Project as well....this is the summary of what we talked about at the roundtable session at GFI in February....thanks to Cindy Skuce for the summary.

Where are we headed as volunteers in 2010?

On January 31, 2010, 30 volunteers for the National Inclusion Project gathered at the Homewood Suites in Palm Beach Gardens for lively discussion on the National Inclusion Project’s goals for 2010 and what we can do in our nationwide network of volunteers to help reach those goals. The meeting was hosted by Aron Hall, Director of Services for the National Inclusion Project. Diane Bubel and Jerry Aiken joined the roundtable discussion later in the evening.

The meeting kicked off with the volunteers breaking into groups and putting into practice some of the training techniques used by the Project as it trains partners in inclusion around the country. It was a great way to get acquainted and it created a very spirited atmosphere. Then the volunteers and Aron got down to business and the main topic – where the National Inclusion Project is headed and what the volunteer’s role is in getting them there.

Aron posed the question: How do we engage the organization’s most valuable resource – volunteers – to become active in their communities in creating inclusion awareness and fundraising? The group in attendance broke into small groups to brainstorm new ideas and share their past experiences with fundraisers and awareness campaigns. The new organization name, banner and literature made available in 2009 made volunteer jobs easier for creating awareness in our communities. Wrapping for Inclusion was a positive experience as the new name and banner allowed capitalizing on the word “Inclusion” and brought more patrons to the wrapping stations to inquire about the mission of the National inclusion Project. A lot of awareness was created across the nation by volunteers participating in this annual holiday project. It was also suggested that the wrapping project could be effective for other holidays, such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Valentine’s Day.

There was a consensus that economic times are affecting fundraising across the nation and new ways are needed to reach out to communities, both to create awareness and fundraise. A new national fundraiser to benefit the Project, Painted Bottoms, was introduced to the volunteers and met with great enthusiasm. Community Awareness Days were also highlighted as being fun to do and a way to involve family and friends in the mission to reach out to your community and make a difference for kids and families where you live. Roll and Stroll is another community activity benefiting the cause. More information on all of these projects is available on the Project’s website.

Many other new ideas were discussed and it is hoped some of them are implemented by volunteers in the coming year. Some fun ideas were Polar Bear Plunges and Bowling Tournaments. If you have an idea for a fundraiser or awareness project, would like to start a Wrapping for Inclusion site in your community, and have questions on how to go about the process, contact Aron at the National Inclusion Project at aronhall@inclusionproject.org

Additional Information provided to the volunteers at the Roundtable:

• The volunteer has 3 roles:

o Mouthpiece – share the story

o Firestarter – create enthusiasm

o Organizer

• The National Inclusion Project now “partners” with the organizations they support and the term “grant” is no longer used.

• Aron will be training at various locations around the country. Check the calendar and if he is coming to an area near you, contact him to participate in training and/or arrange to “talk shop” while he is in town.

• 5000 youth were impacted by the National Inclusion Project in 2009.

• Our financial goal as volunteers for 2010 is to raise $200,000 to support the mission of the National Inclusion Project

The Volunteer Roundtables offer an opportunity to meet other volunteers from across the country and beyond, and to learn firsthand what can be done together to make a difference. Join the volunteer network for the National inclusion Project by registering at National Inclusion Project

Lotus, we always use Ticketfast (ie, a soft copy ticket) for the very reason you've just identified....hard tickets are always mailed just prior to the concert, and if you're travelling this just doesn't cut it.

But....:)....it WILL be fine. If they don't come in time before you leave you can get that "lost tickets" thingy.

ETA: I think you may just get them, actually...it usually takes about 5-7 days. Be careful you don't dispose of them by accident! They come in a very plain, unidentified white envelope which looks kind of like junk mail.

The only problem is that a lot of times you don't have the Ticketfast option if you are buying tickets for a concert in the US. In fact the only option for Canadians (if we had actually been able to get in lol) was via mail. Totally stupid IMO. BUT then so is the extra charge to email your tickets to you (since it costs them so much ya know?)

nickandmore.com

Disney Channel & Disney XD Upfront 2010: Phineas and Ferb TV Movie; New Avengers Series on XD and More

Disney Channel & Disney XD Upfront 2010: Phineas and Ferb TV Movie; New Avengers Series on XD and More

March 3rd, 2010

via Cynopsis Kids 3/3/2010:

The kids upfront season began in earnest last night as Disney Channels Worldwidepresented US advertisers and some press with its 2010-11 slate of programming forDisney Channel and Disney XD, the latter of which just celebrated its first anniversary. Gary Marsh, President/Entertainment and CCO, Disney Channels Worldwide showcased a bevy of new and returning series and specials for the two channels, including a look at the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam, which again stars Demi Lovato and Joe, Nick and Kevin Jonas, and other members of the cast from the first movie and some new ones, slated to premiere late this summer.

• Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension – a TV movie based on the Phineas and Ferb animated series that will debut on summer 2011 on Disney XD and Disney Channel. In the movie the duo discover their pet platypus, Perry, is actually a secret agent fighting the forces of evil on a daily basis. Together the trio goes up against a super evil version of Dr. Doofenshmirtz in a parallel universe. Additionally, this summer both networks will premiere a new one-hour episode of Phineas and Ferb that features guest stars Clay Aiken and Chaka Khan.

I have no idea what this series is about, but cool that 1) it sounds like this is voice work only, which I like the idea of; and 2) it's with Disney.

From wikipedia on Phineas and Ferb:

Phineas and Ferb (also known as Disney's Phineas and Ferb) is an American animated television series. Originally broadcast as a preview on August 17, 2007 on Disney Channel, the series follows two suburban[1] stepbrothers[2] on summer vacation. Each day the pair devise ambitious, involved plans and inventions to stave off boredom, often bringing them into conflict with their sister, Candace. The series follows a standard plot system; running gags occur every episode, and the B-Plot almost always features the boys' pet platypus, Perry, acting as asecret agent to fight an evil scientist named Heinz Doofenshmirtz. The two plots intersect at the end to erase all traces of the boys' project just before Candace can show it to their mother.

Creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh worked together on the Nickelodeon series Rocko's Modern Life. Phineas and Ferb was conceived after Povenmire sketched a triangular boy — the blueprint for the eponymous Phineas — in a restaurant. Povenmire and Marsh developed the series concept together and pitched to networks for 16 years before securing a run on Disney Channel.[2]

The series is also known for its musical numbers, which have appeared in every episode since the first-season "Flop Starz". Disney's managers particularly enjoyed the episode's song, "Gitchee, Gitchee Goo", and requested that a song appear in each subsequent episode.[3]The show's creators write and record each number, and vary musical tempo depending on each song's dramatic use.[4] The music has gotten the series two Emmy nods for songwriting in 2008.[5]

:GM_FCA:

Love waking up to new Clay news!

We are having a chili cook-off at lunch today...five staff members are bringing chili and we are voting on the best! I am not particularly fond of chili so I will just have a taste...but it should be fun. We are all wearing western garb and there will be a prize for the winner. Always fun to do something different and break up the normal routine. I was elected to bring corn bread so I made corn muffins last night.

9 Days until The Tried and True Special taping!

:yahoo:

18 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

3 Months until June and The New CD/PBS Special! :04:

Clay addresses The Key Club in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Eeeeeeee!! re Phineas and Ferb! :cryingwlaughter:

Sounds like a cute concept....someone else noted that as this is the opening episode, it will likely be replayed...and replayed...and replayed. :)

Thanks for the Wiki entry, ldyj; sounds like maybe there will be a song written for Clay for the episode??

Wonder if Sweet P is a Phineas and Ferb devotee :lol:....although I guess he's a bit young.

Thanks for all the reassurance you gave me concerning my Ticketbastard freak out.

I see that the tickets for the Biltmore Concert are going on sale at 8:00 am EST April 6. That's going to be very early for any West Coasters who want to attend.

But then maybe you're used to having to get up at 400am in order to be awake enough to wage the ticket battle.

IMPORTANT TICKET DONATION INFORMATION

We have just learned that some emails never made it to TWWMAD. Thankfully, we now know there may be problems with some but not all of the email addresses we use.

If anyone wants to donate tickets, please use the following address. Attach them to an email with your contact information and we will contact you as soon as we can.

ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org

We have a great organization in the area that is so thankful we asked them to participate, and we can use all the tickets you want to donate!

IMPORTANT TICKET DONATION INFORMATION

We have just learned that some emails never made it to TWWMAD. Thankfully, we now know there may be problems with some but not all of the email addresses we use.

If anyone wants to donate tickets, please use the following address. Attach them to an email with your contact information and we will contact you as soon as we can.

ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org

We have a great organization in the area that is so thankful we asked them to participate, and we can use all the tickets you want to donate!

Just a question - when I search for anything more than one ticket, I get 'obstructed view' seats coming up. Is TWWMAD interested in these?

If you are thinking of buying tickets to donate, check out the Ticket threads at CV or CB. Also, there are some great deals on eBay. This one is for 2 tickets in Orch G, Row D for only $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220564299155&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If you are thinking of buying tickets to donate, check out the Ticket threads at CV or CB. Also, there are some great deals on eBay. This one is for 2 tickets in Orch G, Row D for only $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Heheh, I'm hoping if people already have extra tickets, they will consider donating them. *g*

Wow - that is a nice seat (looks like it's only one from what I see).

I think that is just one, but there are other great deals for two tickets.

Good point about them donating their tickets.

This one is two tickets for $70 in Sect J, Row L:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250547419573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

No, I don't know these people. :)

Can anyone tell me where and when Clay sang "Where the Blacktop Ends"?

I can't remember hearing him sing it.

It wasn't a solo for Clay -- it was the group medley on Country Night of American Idol 2.

:GE_FCA:

I normally stay caught up and only am behind, at the most, a page. Today there were THREE! Our calendars are about to fill up! :dancetom:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog covers these topics, many of which were in those three pages:

Clay Aiken's "Everything I Don't Need" accompanied my chaotic encounter with Monday's traffic bottleneck (montage by Gerwhisp). Clay and Ruben are set for 7/23 Biltmore Concert; TNT is being mastered; Clay will guest on Phineas and Ferb; and everyone should read Berkeley's "Living in Turnaround" blog. Links are at the Carolina site!

Your comments really do help with the Google placement of the Internet Clay blogs, which currently are surrounded by "boobs"! :cryingwlaughter:

Have a super week, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

oh that Disney thing sounds cool. Clay Aiken and Chaka Khan...heee. That tickles a little.

Oh I'll be happy to get up at 5 to look for tickets. I'm used to the 10 am ticket bastard thing but on a new job it wouldn't be cool to be sitting there cursing and screaming and crying.

I'm so excited about this one advertised show. I could even get a decent air ticket right now if I were one to buy air tickets before everything else was set in stone) for about 235 on orbitz. Only problem is I have no idea when I want to go and come and hit my family reunion. I just feel I need to be patient for more dates...if there are any more. Also, does anyone know how much this Clay/Rube show will be?

If you are interested in the Asheville concert, check the CH concert thread for information on a group ticket/hotel room sale.

Because I couldn't find it earlier, info is in this post. (Gawd this new board makes links easy.)

If you are interested in the Asheville concert, check the CH concert thread for information on a group ticket/hotel room sale.

Because I couldn't find it earlier, info is in this post. (Gawd this new board makes links easy.)

Thank you, however, I think this is just for Clackhouse members. It is asking for a username and password.

Thank you, however, I think this is just for Clackhouse members. It is asking for a username and password.

Crap--it's in the supersekrit part. PM me if you want the details.

Crap--it's in the supersekrit part. PM me if you want the details.

No, it's ok. Thank you for offering. I will wait to see what shows up elsewhere. I appreciate the offer.

The person organizing this said it can be shared. If anyone is interested let me or jmh know and we can pass your name and e-mail along. Since the tickets go on sale in early April the timelines for the group sale are quite short. Read the details if you are interested.

1). Group Packets:

Hotel:

I have reserve 70 rooms at:

Doubletree Hotel Biltmore/Asheville

115 Hendersonville Road

Asheville, NC

United States, 28803

Tel: 828-274-1800

Fax: 828-274-1802

This hotel is 2 blocks from the Biltmore entrance.

The cost of the package for one night based on two double beds (and two tickets) is $436.60. This includes hotel, tickets, admission to the Biltmore and an audio tour *g*

2). Tickets:

The premium in the middle center section goes to the folks who pay for the Inn on Biltmore package. At the last concert, the tickets for the group sale started at row L in the middle and on the sides. I have discussed that we would rather be closer to the center and a row farther back than on the far aisles. And I said we didn't have to all sit together if we got better tickets.

3). Payment:

I will create a spreadsheet with the names of people rooming with each other and for how many nights that they want to stay in Asheville and will send it in. Then on April 6th, you will call and just give your credit card information. Please remember that this offer is non-refundable. Once you pay, you are committed.

4). Deadline:

I have to have the final number count to the Biltmore on 29 March. I realize that it is hard to plan since we don't know where else he is going to tour, but after seven years, we are used to this, right?