#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Thanks for posting the details, ncgurrl. Either ncgurrl or I would be glad to coordinate getting your names on the list, along with roommates, and pass along any updates to you. Just let us know.

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!:yahoo:

17 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

3 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I've never heard of Phineas and Ferb, which isn't surprising because I'm ususally the last to know about any pop culture or TV phenomena. So I asked the 9 year old in this household and she sat me down and gave me a complete rundown on the boy inventors, the sister on their case, and a pet platypus. It sounds like a lot of fun. Where did this information come from about Clay voicing on this show? I've seen a quote or two, but no links. Is this something he's doing now for a summer showing, or something he's doing in the summer?

LadyJ, I finally saw "Crazy Heart" and Jeff Bridges has to be a lock for Best Actor. That was an amazing performance. I forgot he was Jeff, because he was so amazingly good at being Bad. Christopher Waltz will go down in film lore for the Col. Landa role in "Inglorious Basterds," which is probably my favorite film of last year. And, one of these days I need to see "A Serious Man" because I'm a serious fan of Colin Firth.

I've never heard of Phineas and Ferb, which isn't surprising because I'm ususally the last to know about any pop culture or TV phenomena. So I asked the 9 year old in this household and she sat me down and gave me a complete rundown on the boy inventors, the sister on their case, and a pet platypus. It sounds like a lot of fun. Where did this information come from about Clay voicing on this show? I've seen a quote or two, but no links. Is this something he's doing now for a summer showing, or something he's doing in the summer?

LadyJ, I finally saw "Crazy Heart" and Jeff Bridges has to be a lock for Best Actor. That was an amazing performance. I forgot he was Jeff, because he was so amazingly good at being Bad. Christopher Waltz will go down in film lore for the Col. Landa role in "Inglorious Basterds," which is probably my favorite film of last year. And, one of these days I need to see "A Serious Man" because I'm a serious fan of Colin Firth.

*sob*

kf reads my posts (because I'm so glad you finally saw "Crazy Heart" and totally agree with you on Jeff Bridges), and yet she doesn't. I posted the link about Phineas and Ferb yesterday in THIS POST RIGHT HERE!

You know, I've been thinking (which can sometimes be dangerous, I know). Actually, this is something that I've thought of many times before...and that I admire Clay, the man who likes to have a varied career. I mean, really -- some television acting. Some voice over work. Lots of singing. There's still that possibility of the talk show. We might find out about a movie role or two some day. I just love that he's willing to push his boundaries from time to time...and yet, also knows what simply WORKS for him.

He's such a cool boyfriend.

*sob*

kf reads my posts (because I'm so glad you finally saw "Crazy Heart" and totally agree with you on Jeff Bridges), and yet she doesn't. I posted the link about Phineas and Ferb yesterday in THIS POST RIGHT HERE!

You know, I've been thinking (which can sometimes be dangerous, I know). Actually, this is something that I've thought of many times before...and that I admire Clay, the man who likes to have a varied career. I mean, really -- some television acting. Some voice over work. Lots of singing. There's still that possibility of the talk show. We might find out about a movie role or two some day. I just love that he's willing to push his boundaries from time to time...and yet, also knows what simply WORKS for him.

He's such a cool boyfriend.

Ha! I think the problem is I'm falling behind on reading the past couple of days because we've had the 7-year big-deal ABA inspection going on and it's no time for messageboards, or lunch, or leaving for home before dark .. and then the budget and finance committee today, and next week the building & technology, audit and executive committees. The mania ends on the 12th. If it would end on the 11th, I'd be going to Raleigh for the first time in my life next week.

I've been to NC several times, but to Asheville and Winston-Salem. Unless this thing with Ruben is a one-time deal, I'm going to wait for travel to places I've never been before. The Biltmore is someplace I've toured (loved the winery). The classic Peter Sellers movie "Being There" with Shirley MacLaine and Melvyn Douglas was filmed at The Biltmore Estate. Peter Sellers died just days after the end of filming. He told Shirley MacLaine that he had returned to his body from a near-fatal heart attack with foreknowledge that he was coming back to make one final movie, which was "Being There." (At least, that's what Shirley said.)

A couple of comments about Clay’s appearance on Phineas and Ferb from ellenpoppy at the Conclayve:

I know about this through contacts... yes, he will be singing a song. I'm not going to give a lot of details--I wish Clay would talk about it at the OFC (and here's where a great LOL emoticon would come in handy) now that it's been announced, but of course the fans want to know that he's singing! Yes, he sings an entire "unique" song.

And

He looks like cute "AI" Clay. Clay's had so many different looks over the years that we recognize, but the AI look is the one that is most identifiable to most people.

Man, I feel like I've been gone forever! I'm finally caught up and am very excited about everything that has happened while I was out sick and out babysitting.

Couchie... I'm very happy to see the FCA front door back. Way to go!!!!!!

I tried to use multi-reply and it worked but I can't make comments to it in this edit box posting I have

to do here at work. I'm supposed to get a new computer in a few months, so until then I think I'll have

to do my replying at home.

I have watched Clay's speech umpteen times. He done good... more than good!!! I loved his speech, I loved his

shoulders, I loved his everything. I'm so proud!!!

I think Clay always brought out the best in Ruben and I think having him on his show will work out just fine

because of that. Clay will make it fun... he always does!

I'm very excited about him being a guest on Phineas and Flurb (or whatever it was). It sounds like a

very good opportunity to show his stuff (not that stuff, treenuts) and a lot of fun for him. Can't wait!

A couple of comments about Clay’s appearance on Phineas and Ferb from ellenpoppy at the Conclayve:

He looks like cute "AI" Clay. Clay's had so many different looks over the years that we recognize, but the AI look is the one that is most identifiable to most people.

So that says to me that he's going to play "himself"...what fun! And I fully expect, when he does, to see the avi on his FB page change. :lol: (it's currently a cartoon of him)

Again...what fun for Parker to be able to see that in years hence! :)

Very cool.

Thanks for posting the details, ncgurrl. Either ncgurrl or I would be glad to coordinate getting your names on the list, along with roommates, and pass along any updates to you. Just let us know.

Group buy information for Asheville Concert has been updated.

First of all, I want to publicly thank CallieK for the hard work she did on this for the last Asheville concert. Because of her, this is all coming into place so easily for me. She did a fantastic job and I don't think we all realize how much time she put into this. I am in touch with her contact who is fabulous:

So, new information:

1). Group Packets:

Hotel:

I have reserve 70 rooms at:

Doubletree Hotel Biltmore/Asheville

115 Hendersonville Road

Asheville, NC

United States, 28803

Tel: 828-274-1800

Fax: 828-274-1802

This hotel is 2 blocks from the Biltmore entrance.

The cost of the package for one night based on two double beds (and two tickets) is $429.20; the cost of a king size bed is $436.60. This includes hotel, tickets, admission to the Biltmore and an audio tour *g*

2). Tickets:

The premium in the middle center section goes to the folks who pay for the Inn on Biltmore package. At the last concert, the tickets for the group sale started at row L in the middle and on the sides. I have discussed that we would rather be closer to the center and a row farther back than on the far aisles. And I said we didn't have to all sit together if we got better tickets.

3). Payment:

I will create a spreadsheet with the names of people rooming with each other and for how many nights that they want to stay in Asheville and will send it in. Then on April 6th, you will call and just give your credit card information. Please remember that this offer is non-refundable. Once you pay, you are committed.

4). Deadline:

I have to have the final number count to the Biltmore on 29 March. I realize that it is hard to plan since we don't know where else he is going to tour, but after seven years, we are used to this, right?

Update #4

1). Dinner:

I am arranging a dinner beforehand at the hotel. I am being sent menus so it will probably be a buffet style in a banquet hall which I think will be the most efficient and private for us.

I am NOT arranging party favors. There is no way I can compete with Corabeth and I am not even going to try!

1a). Breakfast:

The package comes with two vouchers for the Bake Shop Breakfast Basket at the Biltmore for your breakfast treat.

2). Hotel and ticket prices:

I spoke to my contact and I have revised the hotel prices. A room with double beds will be $429.20; a king bed is $436.60.

She does not know the cost of individual tickets if you wanted to skip the package and just go for tickets. I would strongly suggest if you are planning on coming to this concert to do this package. For the impression I have been given, because we are the "fan club", we will get better placement of tickets than if you just call on the date. I can't guarantee that because I have no control over what tickets we are given (I have worked with the contact, I have told her our preferences, but she has the ultimate say in how the tickets are distributed).

So again, please let the other boards know if they want to participate.

NCGurrrl and JMH - thanks for bringing over the info on the concert package.

I'm definitely going to be there but will probably have to do things in small money chunks. But I'm just so thrilled to be going - it's keeping a smile on my face and I get to do my favorite activities like look for cheap airfare and update my ticket bastard.

So had a little adventure coming home from work. Got on the freeway and it came to a standstill almost immediately. People protesting public education in the state had come onto the freeway -- about 150 people..and probably that many cops too. So now I'm just sitting there stuck. Then I see these crazy people backing up and exiting the on ramp... or actually turning around. After calling them crazy for 10 minutes... I was just going to open my book and study -- I figured why the hell not. And I backed my car up about 100 feet..did a little swivel and drove off the on ramp LOL. Then I drove the streets about 3 miles got on the empty freeway and did 80 all the way home. LOL. That was crazy. But I'm with the protesters all the way..but wasn't quite brave enough to get out and join them. heee.

:GM_FCA:

1 week until The Tried and True Special is taped!

:yahoo:

16 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

3 months until June and the New CD/PBS Special! :04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wheeee, one week from now I will be just touching down in Raleigh! How time flies. I need this vacation. Work is a bitch right now, thank God I got this time approved when I did, I doubt it would be approved now.

Just read over on CH that Angela Fisher had a baby boy named Austin a month ago. Congrats to her!

Clay apparently commented on her facebook too.

Clay Aiken Yee Haa... Congrats!!February 4 at 10:17pm

I have been wondering about the special guests at Clay's PBS taping.....I'm thinking Ruben and possibly Quiana? Can't wait to find out!

I have been wondering about the special guests at Clay's PBS taping.....I'm thinking Ruben and possibly Quiana? Can't wait to find out!

Me too. If people see the PBS special with Ruben as a special guest, and they like what they see and hear, it could sell tickets to a Clay and Ruben concert in the following weeks. I don't so much see Quiana as a special guest.

I have so much trouble trying to read the text on this new board--I think it's the color. Is there any way I can change to something other than blue on blue? It took me forever to just figure out how to get to my controls, so there's no hope I can figure out anything else. LOL,

I have so much trouble trying to read the text on this new board--I think it's the color. Is there any way I can change to something other than blue on blue? It took me forever to just figure out how to get to my controls, so there's no hope I can figure out anything else. LOL,

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, left hand corner, there's a pull down menu that says "IP Board." You can change that to "IP Board Lo-Fi." It gets rid of some things (like the banner and people's avatars), but it doesn't get rid of emoticons, pictures posted in the board, and it also gets rid of most of the blue. See if that helps.

Congratulations to Angela and little Austin!

Ldy, THANK YOU! I miss the avatars, but at least I can read the writing!

Depending on which browser you are using, you may also try setting your fonts and colors so that webpages have to use your settings rather than their own. The only problem I have with making my fonts/colors override website settings is that doing so changes the settings for ALL websites, not just the one I'm having trouble reading. Easily fixed with just a couple of clicks, though, when I'm ready to exit the forum.

In Firefox, it's under Tools, Options, Fonts and Colors...To change fonts, you select 'Advanced' and then uncheck the box that says "allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above" To change your colors, you select "Colors", select the colors you want for text and background, and then uncheck the box that says "allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above". When you are ready to leave the forum, it's a very simple matter to check the box(es) again and go about your normal internet activity.

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, General Tab, Accessibility, and put a check in the boxes you want to control, such as "ignore colors specified on webpages" (which in my case turns this forum to a white background). You can also change font style and size to something easy to read. Very simple matter to change your settings back to 'normal' when ready to exit the forum.

I still see avatars when changed to lo-fi, but I have that box checked under 'my settings', 'forum', 'board display settings'.

Clear as mud? :)

Wheeeeeeeeee! It IS a TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! From Notacanuck at CH:

Clay & Ruben are playing Chautauqua on August 6.
An Evening with Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard

When Friday, August 6, 2010, 8:15 – 10:15pm

Where Amphitheater

Week-by-Week Week 6—August 1-7

Ticket Web Link tickets.ciweb.org

Ticket Phone 716.357.6250

Two "American Idol" legends join forces for this special tour. In 2003, on the second season, with over 24 million votes cast by the TV viewing audience, Ruben Studdard won the title, while Clay Aiken was the very close runner up. Both artists have released albums, performed around the country and made multiple appearances on TV. Clay Aiken has become the biggest selling male artist the show has ever featured.

http://www.ciweb.org...-calendar#/?i=3

Wheeeeeeeeee! It IS a TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! From Notacanuck at CH:

Clay & Ruben are playing Chautauqua on August 6.
An Evening with Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard

When Friday, August 6, 2010, 8:15 – 10:15pm

Where Amphitheater

Week-by-Week Week 6—August 1-7

Ticket Web Link tickets.ciweb.org

Ticket Phone 716.357.6250

Two "American Idol" legends join forces for this special tour. In 2003, on the second season, with over 24 million votes cast by the TV viewing audience, Ruben Studdard won the title, while Clay Aiken was the very close runner up. Both artists have released albums, performed around the country and made multiple appearances on TV. Clay Aiken has become the biggest selling male artist the show has ever featured.

http://www.ciweb.org...-calendar#/?i=3

Isn't this where we almost killed ourselves for General Admission (skidding down those ramps?)

Yes, the very same. However this time for an extra $15 you can be guaranteed to at least be on the floor. I am not sure if that means if you don't spend the $15 you can't be? But in this case, probably. However it's still a general admission venue.

Yes, the very same. However this time for an extra $15 you can be guaranteed to at least be on the floor. I am not sure if that means if you don't spend the $15 you can't be? But in this case, probably. However it's still a general admission venue.

I'm putting all of these dates on the calendar. It would be great if all of the concerts ended up over a long weekend type of deal. Might be easier for everyone and maybe Clay could go home during the week and be with his family. I think a few artists do it that way. Wish all the dates would come out though so we can plan.

I am going to put my guess in now and say that the full tour will be announced at the OFC on either the 15th or 16th. Praying for some Midwest stops!

Kim