#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

I have escaped Facebook for a bit, lol... :hello:

Yay!!!! :thewave: The posting window has been fixed!!! :thankyou: whomever got that taken care of!!!!

Packed? Um, no. I'd have to do laundry before I get to that step. tongue.gif

Sounds like me. I may not have to fake being sick Friday cuz I AM. Figures.

Anyhow...dropped by cuz I just wanted to double-check before I cancel my reservation at the Marriott for the 12th and 13th (cuz somebody at CV changed the name on their reservation for the 11th, 12th, 13th to my name & Scarlett's name.

Does anybody want my extra room for the 12th and 13th at the marriott before I cancel it??? Let me know by tomorrow night.

Bringing this from OFC with permission

There is still time to donate tickets... the time is NOW!

Thursday at noon is the deadline to donate tickets. Ticketfast only, please!

Sufficient time is needed for all involved, especially the agencies who need to distribute tickets on their end.

A huge thank you to everyone who has donated tickets thus far!

Because of your generosity, over 60 (and counting!) people with and without disabilities will be able to experience the joy of attending a concert together -- a Clay Aiken concert and TV taping! What a wonderful opportunity...

The ARC of Orange County, located in Chapel Hill, has many program participants who are excited at the prospect of attending this show. We are also working with Ronald McDonald Houses in Durham and Chapel Hill. They are excited and very pleased with the offer!

~ Sometimes change begins with something as simple as a concert ticket. ~

To donate a ticket(s), please EMAIL: ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org

Thank you!

www.thewaywemakeadifference.org

Good morning!

The time is near and I'd better get my butt in gear. I'm sitting in the orchestra so I don't think I'll need to wear anything special. Comfort is my middle name. If I wear business attire it would be jeans and a sweater. :whistling-1:

:04: So Happy Almost Clay Day Eve! :04:

:GM_FCA:

So, is there going to be anyone else besides me here on Friday...I have a feeling I may be talking to myself!

3 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!:yahoo:

12 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

3 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

« Next Oldest · Clay Matters · Next Newest »

Just wanted to wish all of you going to Raleigh a great time, which of course you will have, and safe traveling, wish I was going!!! Maybe I'll be making it to concerts in August if he adds more dates, I do have 3 weeks vacation then, I have to plan some time though with hubby, family and of course Clay, lol!!!

I had no idea it was sold out....I'm not upgrading because I can't afford to eat the seats I already have.

Clay Aiken Releases More Tickets To Sold-Out Show

Clay Aiken fans, if you thought you were out of luck when tickets to his one-night only show sold-out, think again. A limited number of tickets will be released starting at Noon Tuesday, March 9.

Aiken originally sold out the show at the Memorial Auditorium within minutes after being on-sale to the public.

According to a press release, due to popular demand, Aiken and his production team "worked to reconfigure the stage set-up in order to release a limited number of seats that were being held for TV production".

"I sincerely thank my fans for their support. Selling out the Memorial Auditorium in minutes is so mind blowing to me, and now luckily I can get some more fans into the audience with these extra tickets" said the singer. "I can't wait to share the new music with everyone and I promise to make it a one of a kind, extra special show."

Get thee to Amazon to pre-order Clay Aiken's CD/DVD

http://www.amazon.co...aiken&x=18&y=20

Wow, that's pretty inexpensive (not to say, cheap, lol).:teehee1:

Sure wish I understood what 'Clay Comes Out' has to do with his music (as a link of interest). Jeez.

Heheh, Roc-A-Fella records? Really?????

I just ordered 4 Clay CD/DVDs... Whooohooo!!!!!!!!! June 1st. Awesome! I expect some May sweeps appearances on my tv!!! Kimmel???

I am crossing my fingers on that cause I could go see him in person! I've been there for 3 of his appearances and would love to make

#4.

I don't really believe the show is sold out. I mean it is sold out, but many seats may be returned the last afternoon from the scalpers.

I watch Clay's speech still. It gives me such a great feeling of happiness. Can't wait for stuff to replace it, tho!!!!

Tried & True is now number 19 in Music Sales on Amazon.

Me? I'm waiting a bit. I love the power of the Clorilla, but in this case, I'm just going to chill a bit until I find out other places to order (and possibly get "extra goodies"). What will probably make me break down and order is when I see the cover. LOL!

I just can't get past a CD & DVD for $12 :blink:

I got Paul McCartney's "Good Evening New York City" combo CD and DVD for $13 a few months ago. It blew my mind at the time, but I've noticed the prices have been dropping on CD/DVD combos. There was a time not so long ago when the CD would have been $17 retail and the DVD about $19.99.

I just can't get past a CD & DVD for $12 :blink:

I got Paul McCartney's "Good Evening New York City" combo CD and DVD for $13 a few months ago. It blew my mind at the time, but I've noticed the prices have been dropping on CD/DVD combos. There was a time not so long ago when the CD would have been $17 retail and the DVD about $19.99.

Hee! I guess if it's good enough for Sir Paul....

:dadrocks:

Well i guess I missed out on better tickets. At least I'll be going there.

I kind of miss the days when we planned our cd purchases to keep it high on Amazon. I'll probably order after the concert when they will be able to put up the songs on the cd.

aikim - I'll be here on Friday. I don't talk much but I'll be around...

Have fun to everyone going and travel safe!

And YIPPEE for a release date on Tried and True!!! Suppose I should mosey on over to Amazon... :twinklewhore:

My thinking is the DVD is most likely a "Behind the Scenes" or "The Making Of" type of special DVD included with many CD's these days. I seriously doubt it will be anything like the PBS Special. That wouldn't make any sense. At least I don't think so. Of course I have been known to be wrong in the past so...... :imgtongue:

I'm just so ding dang excited to see the words Deluxe Edition with regards to Clay's...erm....Deluxe Edition :hubbahubba:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My thinking is the DVD is most likely a "Behind the Scenes" or "The Making Of" type of special DVD included with many CD's these days. I seriously doubt it will be anything like the PBS Special. That wouldn't make any sense. At least I don't think so. Of course I have been known to be wrong in the past so...... :imgtongue:

Sorry to burst your bubble treenuts, but that aforementioned Paul McCartney CD/DVD? I also bought it...and the CD is a live recording of the DVD (which is a live concert)! As a fan, I love having it both as a CD and DVD. Therefore, I'll just wait and see what the Clay CD/DVD combo will bring....

Exciting times, that's for sure....

:GE_FCA:

Teaching and blogging don't mix, but earlier this evening I uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind entry about the additional concert tickets, TNT's progress at Amazon (currently #5 on Music Bestsellers list and #1 on Movers & Shakers!), plus a segment on TWWMAD.

When I first started checking links, I, too, was amazed at the $12.02 price. Amazon has since corrected the label (Decca) ant the price ($18.98).

Bringing this from OFC with permission

There is still time to donate tickets... the time is NOW!

Thursday at noon is the deadline to donate tickets. Ticketfast only, please! To donate a ticket(s), please EMAIL: ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org

Thank you!

www.thewaywemakeadifference.org

clayzedover, I see I need to add the word "Ticketfast" to the blog. :)

Thnx for your support/comments/hits of the Carolina blog. Y'all have fun in NC. Be sure to bring an umbrella! :imgtongue:

Here's to many more reasons for these: th_EmoticonEEEEE.gif

Caro :listen:

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!:yahoo:

11 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

82 Days until June 1 and The New CD!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day and safe travels to all those heading to Mecca!

Kim