#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Sounds like much fun is being had in Raleigh...blow a few kisses to Clay for us!

Kim

I'm on my lunch break -- caught up with the reports. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Couchie... eeeeeeeeeeeeeee is right!!! LOL

Bottle... thanks for the cool pictures!!! luckiest... send him a kiss from me, please!

This is soooo exciting!!! The reviews from the rehearsal sound awesome. June has never seemed so far away, but time just goes so fast nowadays that it'll be here before you know it. Also, we should get some sweeps stuff in May. I wonder what his performance song will be for tv shows. Wheeeeeee!!!!!!

If I heard Clay correctly in one of the interviews, he said he will sing every song on the new album, and a few others. I'm hoping those others include "This is the Night," which would be SO appropriate. I'd love absolutely anything from OMWH, but most especially Where I Draw the Line, Something About Us, Everything I Don't Need ... and, if David Foster is there, The Real Me!

I'm TOO excited about this thing. Sat through one suckie meeting today with one more to go, and I felt bitter that I had to miss this for those people!!! But then I thought about my paycheck and changed my attitude. :medium-smiley-075:

I was reading around and people are talking about dancers, and I swear someone speculated about The Girl from Ipanema. Didn't we have that discussion here a couple of weeks back? And we all agreed to NO F'N WAY?! :cryingwlaughter: I can't imagine that song would ever spring from Clay's lips, but it gave me a giggle when it was mentioned.

I probably won't get free of work tonight until the show is nearly over, but I'm ready for news just as soon as the first fan talks. I'm not one who would willingly stay in the dark about anything ... and especially anything about Clay! Keeping blinders on is something I might think about in the abstract, but in reality I doubt they'd ever make it over my eyes. I don't think I even recall the meaning of "virgin" anything. And I want intricate details, like Where's Waldo?, and is he having a good time too!?

Thanks bc for the Raleigh pictures! Those donuts looked delish!

Gotta go work out tonight, and then dinner, but I should definitely be home before the end of the show! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:hello: I'm here reading along too with the rest of the Wish I was Watching Waldo Live gang :hug:

Can't wait for the RED to start pouring in later tonight. Thanks for posting the WRAL interview! Did he actually say either June or August for the PBS air date??? Holy cannoli. batman! I don't think I can make it 'til August!!!! All I can say is It better not :cry4:

I can't wait to be Blown Away (tm rknrllmom) :snoopy:

From anncanada at the CH:

A poster at the CB said that she was at the box office at the venue at about 1:30 p.m. this afternoon and Clay walked right past her into the venue. So.....he's been there almost all day. I think he's as excited as we are! I wish I could be there to hear the roar when he walks out on stage tonight [sniff].

And from GBB:

Reed just walked by us in the lobby of the theater. Black leather jacket and jeans. All I can say is you go, Clay.

From the CH, and I'm going to spoiler this. It's from someone who was at the dress rehearsal last night.

He sounded fantastic! His voice sounded awesome and the arrangements were very big band and lush sounding.

Misty -- sounded gorgeous -- he sang the "kitten up a tree" line despite his aversion to cats!

Unchained Melody -- he sang it twice! New arrangement by Ben that was incredible -- instead of the falsetto note he does this rev up to a great long lower note.

Build Me Up Buttercup!!! Rehearsed it twice and it sounded amazing! Sadly it is not on the CD but will be in the concert.

Crying -- It will be a duet. Quiana was singing it in the rehearsal but it will be someone else at the concert.

In My Life -- Beatles! Acoustic version with cello and piano, beautiful.

Who's Sorry Now?

What Kind of Fool am I?

Its Impossible

Moon River

Suspicious Minds

Some Paul Anka Song Beso something?

They did not hear rehearsals of all the songs, such as Mack the Knife, which they heard bits of through the door while waiting to go in.

They watched from the top balcony so they could not see his expressions etc. Also he was sitting on a stool facing away from the audience rather than singing the way he will do it in the concert. But they could hear very well and it sounded great!!!

At the end they came down to near the stage and he answered questions.

And ....

Knock me over with a feather, he's singing a Beatles classic from Rubber Soul. And that Paul Anka tune was a hot bossa nova, Eso Beso (That Kiss), and a rather obscure release from him back in the early 60's. The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Johnny Mathis, Bobby Darin, Perry Como, Connie Francis, Sammy Davis, Jr., et al - it's all too much!

Also..if you click on the smaller picture that says American Idol there are about 4 more pictures from tonight!

Kim

The rest of the pictures are posted at CV in their concert thread...looks like great production values...I cannot wait to see this show!

Kim

Just got off the phone with bottlecap! She's going to call me back in a few minutes, when she's in the room and she can hear. She said it was awesome, and she can't wait to see it on her TV. His voice was spot-on, the lighting was incredible.

It sounds like the coolest thing was a medley, done by Clay, Ruben (special guest) and Quiana. It was current pop songs sung in the big band style! That sounds like a LOT of fun to me!

Reed was there,,,, Reed was wearing a black jacket, black jeans, and Chucks!

More later...

LOVE THE PICTURES!!!

My favorite!

RaleighagainWhoa.jpg

And, There's a Kind of Hush, by Herman' Hermits?

KA's favorite when I talked to her was Unchanged Melody. She said I'm gonna die when I hear it.

And she loved the blond hair!

Sang Crying with Linda Eder.

Sang Breaking Up Is Hard to Do ... and Ruben walked out for the duet. Got a huge reception.

She LOVED Suspicious Minds.

She LOVED all of it. Clay sounded fabulous.

Deep voice Clay was there too.