#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Let's decorate the new page, shall we?

post-7217-1264449996.jpg

I'll comment more later, when I'm not on the reference desk, about the blog. But...more new pictures from Tom's b-day party.

tomsbd2.jpg

tomsbd.jpg

*sigh* He looks so happy.

Did the guy grow into his ears or what?

merrieeee.... he either grew into them or... I wonder if it is possible when you change the angle of your jaw that it changes the angle of your ears. Whatever... now he can wear his hair however he wants. I love that color and that style. YUM to the max. And, that dark haired curly-cutey holding on to him is slightly gorgeous himself... whew! What a pair!!!

I know it's none of my business, but someday I would just love to know how and when they met. Sigh!

Sure does look like a fun party. Tom Deckman signed our Playbills also - he was very nice and quite chatty. Great to see Clay out living his life .

Happy Australia Day! We went out for the traditional BBQ to a friends place and they had gone all out with decorations and little flags in the lamingtons. I took a green & gold pavlova. A good time was had by all.

Now I have to go get the kids to bed since school starts back for ds2 tomorrow. It will be his first day at high school. He is very excited and so am I. But still just a bit sad. Also, I can't believe I am old enough to have two high school kids!

Happy Australia Day ausdon and any other board members we have from there. I'm hoping Clay will visit your side of the world someday and you can give us a summary of the performance.

For some reason I had a difficult time getting on at FCA yesterday evening but I really wanted to send a message to bc who lamented that she was too old to become a Broadway dancer. Never give up your dream remember the youtube video of that eighty or ninty year old woman getting spun around while dancing? That could be you some day. :snoopy: Dream on. Maybe I'll see you in a picture with Clay and Reed and other Broadway friends someday.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how old bc is, never met her :cry4: , but she is so cute and funny. I'm sure I'm a lot closer in age to that older woman on youtube and I haven't given up my dream of being a great Latin dancer. :hahaha:

I watched Hoarders again last night and that really makes me want to throw stuff out. I'd better get busy today.

:GM_FCA:

When Clay was on AI he was so very skinny and his face so thin that it probably made his ears seem to stick out more than normal...now that he has filled out they don't seem so prominent.

6 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

32 Days until Clay Speaks at the HRC Convention!

45 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!

:04:

54 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 and 1/2 months until The New CD and PBS Special!

:04:

Clay Speaks at the Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hmmm, but you know what? I think it says something about Faye (and by extension, perhaps Clay) that she is apparently not completely cynical and untrusting after Clay's being in the business for 7 years (though cynical seriously works for me!). Faye and Clay both are about a billion times nicer than I could ever dream of being...

:yeahthat:

I don't blame Faye. She made the mistake of saying too much; something I think we all have done one time or another. But I do not understand the need to hound her & others instead of letting Clay tell us when it was ok to do so. We are all excited & I hate that his was dampered. I just hope this didn't cause him any problems w/ Decca or the people doing the PBS special.

Yes to every word!!

That second picture in the group? The girl at his back, in the dark hair? That's the look that's on my face when he's around too..... :hahaha:

Cracked me right up.

Adore the "new" hair and colour and the man himself and can hardly wait to see it in Florida. Someone on another board mentioned that he resembles Robert Redford in some of these pictures....I agree! He done growed up good in many, many respects. :wub:

Did I ever tell you I danced on Broadway? Well back in 1985 we went to NYC and went to see Cats. At intermission we were invited onto the stage to dance with the cats! So technically I danced on Broadway!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee I cannot wait for Monday. Guys look for me and say hi. I'm the one with the red spiky hair! Hee hee!

OMG I just had the best conversation at work. We have a fairly new girl here and I was telling her I was going to Florida for a charity tournament and she asked me all about it. I mentioned I was going to hear the founder of the charity sing. So she wanted to know who it was. When I said Clay Aiken she almost jumped over my desk. Said she and her mom love him. She said what a great guy he was, how he seemed so caring and what a nice genuine person he seemed to be. She thought he had one of the best, pure voices out there!!! It was amazing she was just so excited, it was unreal!

They are not on any boards and her mom didn't have the Playlist CD...she does now*g*

Her mom is seriously ill and the last thing she said before she went back to her desk was that her mom listens to her Clay CDs every night as she goes to sleep!!! Aww!

When she saw the St Lucia pics she said they make a handsome couple and to get Clay on the water...it must be love. She remembered he didn't like water from AI.

OMG I just had the best conversation at work. We have a fairly new girl here and I was telling her I was going to Florida for a charity tournament and she asked me all about it. I mentioned I was going to hear the founder of the charity sing. So she wanted to know who it was. When I said Clay Aiken she almost jumped over my desk. Said she and her mom love him. She said what a great guy he was, how he seemed so caring and what a nice genuine person he seemed to be. She thought he had one of the best, pure voices out there!!! It was amazing she was just so excited, it was unreal!

They are not on any boards and her mom didn't have the Playlist CD...she does now*g*

Her mom is seriously ill and the last thing she said before she went back to her desk was that her mom listens to her Clay CDs every night as she goes to sleep!!! Aww!

When she saw the St Lucia pics she said they make a handsome couple and to get Clay on the water...it must be love. She remembered he didn't like water from AI.

Awesome story, merrieeee! :wub: I bet you're still grinning. I know I am! And I also believe there are many, many more people out there like that - just waiting for Clay to let them know he's still alive. Thanks for sharing!

I hate travelling (sigh) BUT we made it to Detroit and will head out tomorrow, will be meeting up with FromClaygary :3: at the airport and the adventure begins,:nana: Hope FromClaygary made it to Buffalo safely.

I just checked my facebook and one of the artistis that I like and am going to see in April sent his New Year's message to his fans. Here is the whole message (he is french speaking, but they have translated it into english) some things stood out for me and I've highlighted them. I have also added a youtube from a concert that he did a while ago in France - an english medley AND he was the originator of the Quasimodo in Notre Dame de Paris and I have added a clip for that. Just to give you context when he says this new album has given him a chance to go in a new direction. Here is the blog, then the links.

Happy new year to all of you! I wish you Love, Health and Energy. The year started great for me with a balance of good values. First with the family, connected with Quebec's nature and then, all in music!

I can already assure you that this year is going to be an awesome one. We did the pre-prod for the "Gentleman's Tour" at the beginning of the year.... WOW W-O-W!!! What a treat it's going to be for you and me! I never had some much fun building a new show. The gentleman crooner concept, it's all in finesse and that's all that I love. I look forward to hearing your comments, the people of Dolbeau that have seen the show before everybody looked very enthusiast. It's a show that will be in constant progression, it's a situation that will bring me and my team at another level that we weren't used to before and it's all good! :-)

I want to thank you for all your wishes. It's good to know that you are present and it's a present to know that you are good ;) All of your beautiful messages gave me lots of energy. I won't lie and tell you that my vacation was very occupied with all the preparation. The launch of my new album was precipitated and then everything started from there. But I like my life busy like that!

Also thank you for all your comments about my new album. You know that we had some bad critics,(I think he meant critiques) but that won't affect me at all. I'm so proud of my latest album and yes it's an album of covers, but it made me go forward in another way and that for me, it's a big plus!

Don't forget to help Haiti any ways you can. This tragedy is an injustice hard to accept, but the call for help is an invitation of solidarity that is most important in this world were giving is worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone that supported www.onedrop.org

See you on tour!

G

Enjoy.

ETA I killed the thread dead.

Thank you both for your stories merrieeee and goldarngirl. gdg, interesting artist, interesting comments, and it's nice that you like gentlemen crooners. I always thought Clay fit that bill quite well...

And merrieeee, I think your story illustrates why I'm never worried about Clay and his career. I think there are lots of people out there who know Clay, like Clay and his voice, and will come back enough to buy an album, and watch his TV special (and pledge for PBS in the process!). He's unforgettable in my book!

Thank you both for your stories merrieeee and goldarngirl. gdg, interesting artist, interesting comments, and it's nice that you like gentlemen crooners. I always thought Clay fit that bill quite well...

And merrieeee, I think your story illustrates why I'm never worried about Clay and his career. I think there are lots of people out there who know Clay, like Clay and his voice, and will come back enough to buy an album, and watch his TV special (and pledge for PBS in the process!). He's unforgettable in my book!

I think, though, that when you watch the original videos Garou is far from being a crooner. I love crooners (Dean Martin anyone?). I think it is interesting that there are people that are far from that realm (imo) are wanting to be a crooner. I wonder if the tide is changing. Verrrrry interesting.

:GE_FCA:

It's great to see aikim's calendar filling up. Merrieeee, I saved your NJU story and one day may ask if I can run it. Thnx for your interesting post, goldarngirl. :snoopy:

Happy Australia Day, ausdon! :04:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog -- Clay Aiken Makes Global Difference -- was written as a rebuttal to the crap JP and the swamp gang are putting out about Clay. I hope you will stop by, leave a comment, and provide the positive a boost at Google. We appreciate your assistance. :wub:

After the Hollywood audition video, the blog provides an overview of the Inclusion Project, UNICEF, and the latest Facebook post RE the upcoming PBS Special. The 2009 GFI graphic by cindilu2 is featured:

th_CindKaty1.jpg

Clickable by cindilu2

Thank you for your visits and comments. Have a wonderful week! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Clay Aiken: TV ListingsClick here for your local listingsPrint listings .Channel Date & Time Title

TVGN Sat, Jan 30, 11:00 TV Guide Close Up

BRAVO Wed, Feb 3, 2:00 PM America's Next Top Model

FOX Tue, Feb 9, 8:00 PM American Idol

This is on TVguide.com......Anyone know what's up? :cocktail:

From Notacanuck at CH:

TV Guide listed Clay for the January 27 episode of AI, but since deleted it. They also listed him for all the AI8 repeats on the Fox Reality Channel. Very doubtful that Clay appeared on that series last season. I suspect that the new TV Guide listing will be deleted too.

Also, apparently a bunch of other Idols are listed as well.

From Notacanuck at CH:

TV Guide listed Clay for the January 27 episode of AI, but since deleted it. They also listed him for all the AI8 repeats on the Fox Reality Channel. Very doubtful that Clay appeared on that series last season. I suspect that the new TV Guide listing will be deleted too.

Also, apparently a bunch of other Idols are listed as well.

Heee - maybe they got the work experience kid to write it up and he/she just listed all the idols they could think of. No fair getting our hopes up!