#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

I look forward to seeing Clay and Ruben together -- I love their friendship, and I love the camaraderie between the two men. I'm looking forward to the humor, not to mention the voices!

As promised....my new baby!

Awwww, your new baby is gorgeous! :wub:

I am really looking forward to this concert too. I wasn't all that excited at the prospect of having to "share" Clay time with the Ruuube but I think it will be fun and it will translate into a good time for all!!! :whee:

:GM_FCA:

Very nice ldyj!

62 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I look forward to seeing Clay and Ruben together -- I love their friendship, and I love the camaraderie between the two men. I'm looking forward to the humor, not to mention the voices!

As promised....my new baby!

Hee...but this is how you FEEL, right? :)

Crank Clay up loud and have FUN!

823688358_XSmAi-S.jpg

UNE Master of Science in Education Program Sponsored 3rd Annual

Golfing For Inclusion Benefit Event

Golf Event Features Clay Aiken and PGA Pro Wayne Player

http://www.prlog.org/10602820-une-master-of-science-in-education-program-sponsored-3rd-annual-golfing-for-inclusion-benefit-event.html

Here's a portion of the press release -

(March 30, 2010) – The University of New England's Master of Education (MSEd) program is pleased to announce that they sponsored the National Inclusion Project's 3rd annual Golfing For Inclusion benefit event, held on February 1, 2010 at the Country Club at Marisol in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. The event was hosted by singer and actor Clay Aiken and PGA tour professional Wayne Player.

The benefit event was designed to assist disabled children and increase awareness of the challenges that young people with disabilities face. "The University of New England's Department of Education was pleased to sponsor the National Inclusion Project and this extraordinary event," says Dr. Douglas J. Lynch, Chair of the UNE Department of Education. "Finding creative ways to include children in all aspects of life is a major goal of our program," says Lynch. "By drawing attention to the National Inclusion Project and the need for inclusive activities, we hope to change the face of education in the US."

P.S. I love my singer and actor BF :wub:

I'm getting this upsurge of anticipation lately. If the album drops on June 1, can't we expect to hear a single from it very soon? I go over and over the song list in my mind, and have changed my mind several times about what could be a winning single -- at first I thought MTK, and I do heart that song, but right now Suspicious Minds has my attention. Since I wasn't at the taping, I have no idea how he sang it in Raleigh ... if it was similar in style and tempo to JBT or another arrangement altogether, but that's a song that I believe could get a radio hearing with the right arrangement. Actually, whatever song is released in advance of the album should be a winner at iTunes!

Cool ride LJ! :clap:

At the end of American Idol this evening, Ryan Seamonkey announced that, among others, Ruben Studdard would be on tomorrow night. Dare we hope for a mention of the Clay and Ruben concert dates and / or Ruben's appearance on Clay's PBS special? I haven't watched many of the results shows this season because they conflict with Modern Family and Cougartown, but I might have to tune in tomorrow night just in case.

There was a Clay mention at the beginning of the show. Ryan came out and asked the audience to shout out for the one they love the most. After the shouts he said, I heard "Clay Aiken" and "Simon" - now that's bizarre. Then he said something like, Ohhhh SIMON yelled Simon, that makes sense.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Ruben next week. I didn't watch the last half of the show and missed that part, so YAY! A "Clay" and a "Ruben" mention in the same night on Idol? In the history of that show, those are the only two finalists who really loved each other and both were hugely lovable to the public. That after seven years they are so close is an amazing story.

Why did I want a job again?

Oh yeah so I get be a concert ho in 2010!

00lsee cracking up at LadyJ's new car. heee very cute.

I hear you when it comes to anticipation. I'm feeling it too. I think I will put my vacation time in tomorrow. I'll already gave forewarning that I was going -- I don't even think I'll have any vacation accrued but who cares. I was just waiting to see if Clay would have a show on the 25th but now that I have Reno...I will just settle for two.

I heard Ricky Martin came out. Good for him. Can't stand him as an "actor" but love him as a singer. My favorite Ricky Marin song -- yes I only understand every 10th word but still, it really really touches me.

I know I'm old school R&B but if anyone watches OLTL...remember when the Vegas first came to Llanview how they were Latino LOL. Anyway -- they used to really crank up the latin music and I fell in love with it and bought a bunch of music from latin artists they featured on the show. Can't understand most of it but I love the rhythm and the beats.

FYI..uh that video is really really weird LOL. I only picked this one because the song is the version from the album I have. But I advise you to open it up and then listen without watching heee.

FYI -- forget what I said..he's half naked a couple of times. well worth it LOL.

ETA: maybe Clay's right about music videos heeee. What the hell have I been singing for the past 10 years. I think it's time to translate .

:GM_FCA:

61 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!:yahoo:

Prayers and Hugs for all in need!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thread title poll at the top of the page!

00lsee, hubby liked the detailing work. How much do you charge? LOL!

I guess I'm a realist, and don't quite have my excitement gene quite yet. I'll get there -- probably when I see the entire track list and album cover. I'm thrilled, though, for knowing that I have at least one show to look forward too this summer!

I'm interested to see what Ruben is going on AI for so I may turn it on tonight....if I remember. As much as I've always detested Ryan Seacrest, the fact that he is producing the new ABC series Jamie's Food Revolution is the first thing he's done right, IMO, so I'm giving him a bit of a break. Anyone else watching it? It's quite an eye opener, and is creating quite a bit of controversy. I'm a big Jamie Oliver supporter, so I'm thrilled that he's been given this platform to spread the word.

I sure hope we get some Clay news soon!

I'm not sure what being a realist has to do with excitement (and I am v v excited about the cd). I do think I'm being a realist, however, when I say I'm not even thinking about radio this time around. Unless Decca has some magic dust to sprinkle around I just can't see him getting played. Yeah, there's Buble (gag), but not really much else in this genre. I'd really, really love to be proven wrong, but I refuse to get my hopes up about that again. In fact I'll be surprised if there is even a 'single' per se. All I know for sure is it's never dull being a Clay fan. *g* It will be interesting to see what approach Decca takes and what they consider 'success' to be in terms of the cd.

I can't believe we haven't heard a word from Clay post-concert. (Actually, I can't believe how many times in this fandom I have to type 'I can't believe'. Heh.) I didn't and don't expect concert/cd/promo news yet, but I sure as heck did expect some kind of... something after the concert. Not very often I've ever been truly disappointed by the man but this time... Yeah. Sigh.

ETA: Ryan Seamonkey? :hahaha: That's priceless. Nice to see Ruben get a little AI love. Doesn't he have a (relatively) new CD out or did I imagine Clay saying that at the concert?

Couchie, here ya go......that's some video! Thanks, it is a beautiful song.

Before daybreak comes

And you return to your normal life

You have to understand that between the two of us

Everything has been pure and natural

You, crazy obsession

You have been mine

Only one time

Sweet irony

Fire at night, cold as ice during the day

Later you get up and leave

He's waiting for you like always

You flash your normal smile

White, but cold like snow

You, crazy obsession

You have been mine

Just once

Sweet irony

And meanwhile I'm left here without you

Like a hurricane, furious and feverish

So much passion, so much boldness, oh, you

Night after night, blank, without sleeping

I burn up between the sheets of my bed

I know you're about to come

But the only thing that comes is the morning

You, crazy obsession...

Meanwhile I'm left here without you...

I'm not sure what being a realist has to do with excitement (and I am v v excited about the cd). I do think I'm being a realist, however, when I say I'm not even thinking about radio this time around. Unless Decca has some magic dust to sprinkle around I just can't see him getting played. Yeah, there's Buble (gag), but not really much else in this genre. I'd really, really love to be proven wrong, but I refuse to get my hopes up about that again. In fact I'll be surprised if there is even a 'single' per se. All I know for sure is it's never dull being a Clay fan. *g* It will be interesting to see what approach Decca takes and what they consider 'success' to be in terms of the cd.

I can't believe we haven't heard a word from Clay post-concert. (Actually, I can't believe how many times in this fandom I have to type 'I can't believe'. Heh.) I didn't and don't expect concert/cd/promo news yet, but I sure as heck did expect some kind of... something after the concert. Not very often I've ever been truly disappointed by the man but this time... Yeah. Sigh.

I never expected a word from him after the concert. No reason, just didn't even occur to me.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog is a collection of mock TNT cover designs by Clay's fans. I hope you enjoy; and if you have created one, send me the link or directions where it is posted. There is no problem adding more, a fun pastime while we count down to June 1.

Thank you for your visits/comments/tweets/retweets/reposts/etc. in the Internet Clay blogs. :wub:

Have a great week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

I really enjoy the silence before the storm. I think Clay will reemerge with a vengeance. He gave us a little taste of what we can expect with the PBS taping and now we just wait with anticipation for what is to come. I can't wait for others to discover what we have known all along. JMO :twinklewhore:

I can't say I'm loving the silence. I think it's difficult to go from the high of the PBS taping to...nada. The concerts that are already on sale to the public? I think it's ridiculous that the OFC has not announced them. Never believe anything until you read it at the OFC, right? :P I don't buy that it has anything to do with Ruben being on the tour. Clay's on the tour, so I'd expect his official site to announce that, whether or not they plan to do pre-sales.

Anyways I'm grumpy because I got shit on at work. So far I'm 2 for 3 this week. Some word from Clay's camp would be a welcome treat right about now.

Ryan Seamonkey

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I doubt there will be any mention of the Cluben Tour on AI tonight. If asked, I'm guessing they will have Rube pimp the David Foster tour instead. Of course if I'm wrong I will dance in the streets. And if Clay makes an appearance of any kind I'll be dancin' nekkid in those streets and you're all invited to watch. Be sure to bring the bleach though.

Just sayin' :lipstick:

Ruben just sang on AI, and sounded great. And contrary to expectations, during his chat with Ryan, Ruben said he would be touring with Clay Aiken from July to September. "Timeless Tour with Ruben and Clay." EEEEEE!!! Ryan said the Claymates would be happy. Heck Yeah!!!

Most excellent news! :thbighug-1: Bigass hugs for Ruben! I'm happy to hear his performance went well - he certainly impressed me in Raleigh. Proud of both our tourin' fellas!

most excellent!

Hopefully there will be clack of his interview or if sombody can tell me exactly what time he came on I can switch in and out LOL.

Since tickets are being sold I hope they announce it soon. Hell it's not us I'm worried about since we'll know which dates are confirmed before Clay does -- but how can you sell tickets to a concert if nobody knows about it. Thank goodness for Ruben. I guess my mom will learn it's a Ruben/Clay tour when she watches idol tonight. I was trying to keep that a surprise. She'll definitely want to go as she's a huge Ruben fan.

most excellent!

Hopefully there will be clack of his interview or if sombody can tell me exactly what time he came on I can switch in and out LOL.

Since tickets are being sold I hope they announce it soon. Hell it's not us I'm worried about since we'll know which dates are confirmed before Clay does -- but how can you sell tickets to a concert if nobody knows about it. Thank goodness for Ruben. I guess my mom will learn it's a Ruben/Clay tour when she watches idol tonight. I was trying to keep that a surprise. She'll definitely want to go as she's a huge Ruben fan.

He came up right at the first and sung and then they chatted. There is clack.

At least we now know that this is more than a three week tour and other areas will be getting shows. I thought Ruben was fine last night, and although I thought the song he sang wasn't all that, at least he can sing. Watching Usher and Diddy wasn't so enjoyable. I like Usher, but he needs to quit the Michael Jackson copycat thing. He's not Michael and he suffers from the comparison he's forcing when it's so obvious and he falls so short. Diddy? He's still attempting a music career? I thought he'd finally faced reality. Strobe lights, posing dance-models, auto-tune and desperate ego do not a career make. Maybe both would have fared better if Ruben hadn't gone first, exhibiting real vocal skills and setting the bar. Anyway, Rube looked great, and healthy, and happy.

Seacrest brought up the tour with Clay. And Ruben said July to September, Timeless Tour, etc. and Seacrest said, "The Claymates will be happy," which I thought was rather a strange thing to say to Ruben, who quickly included his own fans among the happy. I don't have strong feelings one way or another about the AI people, but Ryan Seacrest's interview skills are raggedy, and the shadowboxing with Simon is tiresome and lacks comic flair or real drama, whatever it's supposed to be. Anyway, the real comedy is that AI purports to be about singing, yet they have these recording "superstars" come on and demonstrate that they can't carry a tune in a bucket. So what's it all about, Alfie?