#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

I really like the cover the more I look at it. Clay must be very confident in his natural look to approve a cover that shows his freckles, ears and stubble. Clay seems to be really getting into the art of the era instead of the usual photos that appeal to his female fans. I'm sure it will be easier for men to buy an album with this cover.JMO

*mindlessly noms the new cover art*

If this is an April Fool's prank, I will cry. It won't be pretty at all.

*nomnomnom*

Popping in to say a quick hi! Work is killing me....these 3:30 alarms are just yuck!

I'm loving the cover. It is exactly like the covers from the 50s and 60s! I still have some like that.......just change the details and the design is the same. It really is authentic for the era he is re-creating.

Where Clay Aiken is concerned I am easy!

I also have no problem with the cover. When I went to the site I thought he looked very cute and natural. No touching up and the feel is very retro. I am sorry that some people are so critical over this cover. It just feels whenever Clay does something different the nay sayers come out. I am just so happy that everything is falling in place: The CD, the PBS special, the Tour, and who knows what else. I have never bought a CD for the cover art. I just know who I want to purchase and buy it. I will take this CD cover over the cover Adam Lambert did anyday.

Whoa! I am on Clay info overload! Hee, ask and you shall receive. Love it!

OMG Windsor is only about 1.5 hours away. Called my concert buddy to plan on the date. She has to get an enhanced license because she has no passport and really can not afford one at this time. I am so excited that there is one pretty close to me. No hotel cost we can just drive. I am just hoping for descent seats.

Wheeeeee! I hope lots of US fans will cross over for this one! So cool to have it on our side of the border for a change! flirtysmile3.gif

Popping in to say a quick hi! Work is killing me....these 3:30 alarms are just yuck!

I'm loving the cover. It is exactly like the covers from the 50s and 60s! I still have some like that.......just change the details and the design is the same. It really is authentic for the era he is re-creating.

Where Clay Aiken is concerned I am easy!

Exactly.....authentic to the era is exactly what it is. By zooming in you can really see the attention to detail, like the crease, and the "LP" designation in the bottom right.....I would kill for a copy of this on vinyl. Makes me want to dig through those old bins of albums to see the similar cover designs. So now we have the track listing.....surprised to see Suspicious Minds on there, and hope we get some of the missing songs as bonus tracks. Ok, maybe I'm not too upset that Eso Beso is missing. wink.gif Was fun in concert but I can't see listening to it. Ha ha.

Happy Easter everyone! The weather here is gorgeous, more like summer than spring. I love having the day off, and am hoping to get out into the yard and gardens.

:GM_FCA:

I zoomed in on that picture and you can totally get lost in that man's eyes. Everyone is always talking about what beautiful skin and features Clay has and this really accents them. Compared to his other CD covers, I actually think this one is the best because it does capture the real Clay..not airbrushed to the nth degree. Just very natural.

I agree that this photo was intended to look like an old LP cover...down to the wrinkles, the way his name and song titles are listed and the background color. We have a collection of albums and have several of them framed and hanging on the wall and this would fit right in. I do think this would stand out among other CDs because it is so different...If you actually look at some of the CD covers out there now, there is no imagination, they all look the same...remembering how similiar Rhianna and Adam's were...I think they got it just right!

and don't tell my husband, but if he were straight and I was single...yeah, I would do him.

59 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

There are people in the fandom who don't like it??? Quick, get me a chair before I fall down. :cryingwlaughter:

Here's a biggie version for those who do. (love the little "LP" number down in the right.)

Click & Click

th_TnT_cover.jpg

Yes, I did spend the morning stitching that together, why do you ask? :flirtysmile3:

There are people in the fandom who don't like it??? Quick, get me a chair before I fall down. :cryingwlaughter:

Here's a biggie version for those who do. (love the little "LP" number down in the right.)

Click & Click

th_TnT_cover.jpg

Yes, I did spend the morning stitching that together, why do you ask? :flirtysmile3:

Thank you! :flirtysmile3::flirtysmile3::flirtysmile3:

Hmm, I guess photobucket won't let me put really biggie images up any more since I stopped my premium acc't.

Here is a link for the hi-res version.

Such a gorgeous man!

Click and click again. Please don't link to this one though (right click save away!), as it's my personal site and I don't have a ton of bandwidth. Thx!

ETA: You're welcome, jmh :thbighug-1:

EATA: Stubble, y'all. The man has STUBBLE. Guh. That is all.

Heheh, are those peacocks on his tie? God, I love this guy. :flirtysmile3:

Click & Click

th_TnT_cover.jpg

Thanks cindilu, that's PERFECT!

Must say that the only twinge of disappointment this morning is realizing that In My Life isn't on the track list. Guess I'll have to wait for the PBS DVD! I'm thinking that Eso Beso, You Don't Have to Say You Love Me, In My Life and Buttercup will be sharp and enticing hooks to pay the big bucks for the PBS offering. And then there are the bonuses for the online download sites -- and I'd be willing to bet that iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody will have different bonus tracks that you get only through full album download.

On the Amazon site, in the second block I clicked "Visit Clay Aiken's Amazon Store" and they have all the covers thrown up on the page for quick comparison. And most of his music is available for MP3 download. If that's always been there, then I've missed it. But it's all looking hot to me. My love for Tried & True is growing stronger by the day.

And Clay's hair is spot on to the late 50's and very early 60's. I wonder if they found some Brylcreem or Vitalis (cause you wouldn't want Clay using the "greasy kid stuff" would ya?)!

The man is truly yummy! Heck with those who can't appreciate what Decca and Clay were going for...they are missing so much!

Kim

KAndre eyes the cover art...

My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly...and a little jealous, because damn he looks young for thirty-something...

I like it.

Cindilu, I put your version on my Flickr account to save you some bandwidth, and to post a link at another site. Here's the url: Flickr. Just above the photo is a menu--choose "large." There's a download link there also. And if anyone takes this to another site, please provide the same pathway and don't use this link to post the image directly on a site. Flickr's TOU require that links take you to the Flickr photo page.

Thanks, jmh.:thbighug-1:

Lordy, the more I look at it, the more I love it. The man has perfected the man-child look - makes you want to pat him on the cheek and then **** him senseless.

:Thud:

Lordy, the more I look at it, the more I love it. The man has perfected the man-child look - makes you want to pat him on the cheek and then **** him senseless.

That's kind of what I had in mind when I posted this last night at CH:

The close-up made me breathless. What a handsome man he is! I don't see anything negative when I look at that face.

In fact...those thoughtful-looking eyes have a glint of 'Just wait 'til I get you home'. And deceptively restful hands look like they'd make swift work taking off that snazzy peacock tie.

The corner of his mouth lifts just slightly. 'Sure you wanna finish that pie, Honey?'

What.

And this morning, my thought is, 'Sure you wanna finish that toast, Honey?'

Hey, he'd stay for breakfast, right? LOL

That's kind of what I had in mind when I posted this last night at CH:

The close-up made me breathless. What a handsome man he is! I don't see anything negative when I look at that face.

In fact...those thoughtful-looking eyes have a glint of 'Just wait 'til I get you home'. And deceptively restful hands look like they'd make swift work taking off that snazzy peacock tie.

The corner of his mouth lifts just slightly. 'Sure you wanna finish that pie, Honey?'

What.

And this morning, my thought is, 'Sure you wanna finish that toast, Honey?'

Hey, he'd stay for breakfast, right? LOL

I love you, 00lsee

Think that pic is in the rail car? Or the Mecca?

I'm thinking railway car, but if you look at the Examiner article, the pic doesn't really match either one.

Had cindilu's high-res up on my computer this morning and my son was looking at it. I asked him if he thought that was a diner or a railcar. He said he thought it looked like a diner at the train station. Such a politician.

Gotta say that I LOVE the peacock tie. And the white jacket. And the enigmatic face. I find it all daring and brilliant. I laughed at the <STEREO> designation, what a mini-time machine!

There are people who don't like it, you say. Who the fuck cares?