#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Team Clay tweeted:

clayaiken 7 years ago today Clay stepped on to the pop culture scene. A heartfelt thanks to all his fans who have shared the journey so far!

10 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Thanks for all the congrats....actually getting a little excited about it now!

Love the tweet!

Kim

I'm aliiiiiiiiiive! *puffpuff* Just barely, anyway.

I'm sure I'm very far behind, but, um... congratulations, aikim!

And... I forgot the rest. Oh! I'm new, so... what on earth was going on in the Prayer video?

Clayzy -- I've missed you! {{{{{hugs}}}}

Anyway -- that piece was part of a benefit for Broadway Cares. I can't remember the name of the actual benefit, couchie can chime in because she was THERE! All the Broadway shows (and many of the off-Broadway shows) put together a number that was crazy/satirical in nature, and this was the "entry" from the cast of Spamalot.

Lurve the new tweet from today...YAY for 7 years ago today! (Although...I wasn't there when it happened. Sob.)

Aww, I've missed y'all! School and life in general has just been crrrrazy lately!

Oi, those new pictures of Reed and Clay? YUM! They look so cute and happy!

Hey Aikim..I started classes tonight. I'm looking foward to it. And if my old butt can do it anybody can. When I signed up to take classes I didn't know I'd be working full time and also maintaining 30 hours on my other job. Oh well..who needs sleep! I have to say after a year of basically hanging out with my mom and my neice and nephew I'm enjoying it all. My temp job was supposed to end tomorrow but I was told they will keep me as long as they can hide me LOL.

If they can hide me for another 6 weeks..maybe I can afford Clay!!

Clazy!! Nice to see you..

The broadway cares easter bonnet competition -- basically all of the broadway shows were in a competition to raise money for charity. Then they had this show where each cast did some satirical/funny thing and presented their bonnet. There were two events. For the second night -- which was basically the same as the first...they added in the totals and announced the winning show. Spamalot came in second!! My friend told me about the event and though Clay might attend.. so I bought tickets to both shows since I was going to be in NYC anyway..and sure enough he did appear for the second night. Yay -- and of course by then I was in love with Hannah too. I know some Clay fans were able to get in but the funny thing was so many broadway lovers were trying to buy tickets too. I probably cold have made a fortune scalping mine but I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

10 Days until The BIG Clay Aiken News is Revealed!

:yahoo:

29 Days until Clay Speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

42 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!:yahoo:

:04:4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special! :04:

Clay addresses the Key Convention in July!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Safe travels to all of you going to GFI this week-end / Monday. I hope the huge storm barreling through the southeastern part of the US today and tomorrow doesn't mess up too many plans.

Can't wait to hear updates, so don't forget to keep us in the loop. :partytime2:

Happy Clacking!!!! :5:

Safe travels to all of you going to GFI this week-end / Monday. I hope the huge storm barreling through the southeastern part of the US today and tomorrow doesn't mess up too many plans.

Can't wait to hear updates, so don't forget to keep us in the loop. :partytime2:

Happy Clacking!!!! :5:

:yeahthat:

Have a great time. :whee:

We are expecting 6-10 inches of snow on Saturday. Not sure what they are predicting in the Raleigh area. jmh?

Lots of flights from RDU have already been cancelled in advance for Saturday. We're right on the edge of the sleet/snow line, so any predictions are guesswork at this point (winter storm warning for us says 5 to 10 inches of snow or sleet), but things won't get back to normal til Monday or Tuesday. Probably the NIP team is flying out early ahead of the storm; that would be the smart thing to do. Same for anyone from this area planning to go to the GIF.

Last year, Clay took the train down to Florida (didn't he say that in the Q&A?), and Clay and Reed were definitely in the area early, because they saw one of Clay's former Spam-mates in Barnum a few days before. I also remember reading that Clay and Ben generally have done a performance for the country club members the evening before GFI. So hopefully, Clay and his band and friends and whatnot, along with all the Project peeps, are already in Florida or on their way, as jmh noted..

Haven't had a chance to get to the OFC yet...just home from work and speaking of work...after 14 years as a part-time employee, I was offered full-time at the Library! :yahoo: My husband is retiring next year and even though he will be getting a good pension package...full-time with benefits will be welcome.

The only thing is that one of the requirements for full-time is that I have a Library Techincal Assistant degree so I have to go back to school...let me tell you, the idea of going back to school after 35 years is freaking me out a bit. But I can't afford to turn down a full-time job so I guess I will have to bite the bullet.

There is only college in the area that offers the classes so I guess I will be checking out the program to see what's what.

Kim

aikim.... Whooo hoooo... way to go! Don't worry about school, you're not a teenager, so all you have to do is read and study... no dating, wondering what to wear, wondering who likes you and who doesn't... piece of cake, my dear! LOL

I LOVE that fancy picture of Clay and Reed. I right clicked so fast my head is still spinning! Verra verra niiiiiice!!!

Well if he isn't there someone's gonna have some 'splainin' to do!

I'm sure he'll be there. I remember him leaving town on his birthday once to get to a tour concert, because he needed to get there in advance of bad weather. If they hadn't already planned an early arrival (which I suspect they had), they would've made alternate plans several days ago. He knows what's what with this kind of situation.

And the snow is coming down like crazy. I went out to show the little house we have for sale and could hardly see the road. Good news is the woman loved it. Bad news I'm not sure we will be able to get out to show it to her fiancee befor they leave town.

I hope the N I P Project has already left town. I'm assuming Clay is still in NY and it looks okay there. They've upped the forecast here to 8 to 12 inches. That is a whole lot for us and the couple of snow plows our town has. We are about 90 miles west of Raleigh.

And the snow is coming down like crazy. I went out to show the little house we have for sale and could hardly see the road. Good news is the woman loved it. Bad news I'm not sure we will be able to get out to show it to her fiancee befor they leave town.

I hope the N I P Project has already left town. I'm assuming Clay is still in NY and it looks okay there. They've upped the forecast here to 8 to 12 inches. That is a whole lot for us and the couple of snow plows our town has. We are about 90 miles west of Raleigh.

No snow here in the Triangle yet. They're saying there's not enough wet air and it may be a few more hours before it gets started. Be careful if you have to go out!!

ETA:

Finally, it's snowing. :04: