Check In

Couch Tomato

Ialreadyam -- love that screen name..welcome.

Welcome AIKim as well.\ and until I read hear..I thought you were a KLo fan.

I remember Sholanda. What a sweetheart she seemed to be!! I wonder why she didn't get the backup gig. for the tours Maybe because Clay picked Quiana and only had one pick? Kelly had Ang.

Lots of library types and book lovers here. I fall n that latter category..I need to start doing that again..reading something other than Clay boards that is. I used to do it a lot more.

Hi Aikim Looks like a few CV folks have found this friendly place as well.

Bookwhore love your name. :woohoo: Another book lover here.

couchie :RedGuy: Loved me some Sholanda. I do love Quiana, but man-o-man Angie is my gal. She just lights that man up. Um Hm. I think I have every version of Listen and I Miss You Most at Christmas. Your avi is HAWT.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I'm working up my nerve to post in main, though.

I wanted to welcome all the new folks.

I love it here and I think you will too! Everyone really is entitled to their own opinion and we may not all agree but we all get along and basically want to have fun. A Clay message board without fun is just...well boring and this place is far fom boring!

Wow this maybe my longest post evah*g*

HI FCA- Glad to be here! I'm laljeterfan everywhere but at the OFC, where I am laurieann. I found my way here several days ago because of "the picture", and I like what I've seen so far, so I'm dipping my toe in.....

Clay first grabbed ahold of me (I WISH!) at the wild card and w/c results shows. I was wowed by his voice, thought he was adorable and DIFFERENT- which always intrigues me- and I found his yammy face irresistable. He was my pick from that point on, which I argued every week with my co-workers, who sadly aren't blessed with the same good taste and intelligence as moi! (Sadly, I'm not joking!) I didn't realize or admit to myself just how much I liked him until after the show was over- although my violent reaction to "the kiss" with Carmen should have probably clued me in. After the anomaly, I was bereft- and could not stop thinking about Clay. I discovered the boards right after the show ended, beginning with LBFCA, and I don't think I slept for about a week, catching up on all of the info out there. I was thrilled to know that I wasn't alone. I finally admitted to my best friend after about a week that I had a crush on Clay- but added the caveat " but I don't think of him in a SEXUAL way". Of course, after uttering those words out loud, I thought to myself that night, "Why am I NOT thinking of him in a sexual way???" .......so I did.......and I LIKED it....... and I confessed it to my best friend the next day...... and we've never looked back!

Since then we've been to 34 concerts together-and have had a blast doing it. The boards during the past 4 years have been a source of both great blessings- we've met some wonderful people- and great frustrations. My friend does not read the boards at all any more. I read every day, but haven't had a "home" board in several years. (cries) I confess to having a very low threshhold for annoyance, and when things start to get on my nerves on the boards-(and they do) I just leave- very quietly. I've never been a big presence on the boards anyway, but I am here because I love Clay and want to enjoy my fandom! I gravitate towards people who have positive attitudes and share their feelings openly- be they funny, smutty or schmoopie! It's all good!

I have a husband, a full time job and a son who just turned 14 (I celebrated his birthday by going to see Clay here in Syracuse- my reward for 34 hours of labor so many years ago!), so I will never be a prolific poster, but I'm always on the look-out for a place to feel "at home". Maybe this will be it.

welcome lajeterfan...

glad you joined us...hope you can find a home here.

can understand about getting annoyed at times...but here we try to talk it out.

join us in the main thread and pm me or ldyJ or couchie if you have any questions...

Hi, I'm Wandacleo, and I'm new here, but I recognize an awful lot of names, so I feel right at home already. I have been a Clay fan since AI, when my staff started coming to work and talking about "Clay." When I first saw him, I saw him next to Ruben and thought he was about 4 feet tall. When he sang Solitaire, I completely lost all perspective and have been a goner ever since.

I'm now retired (was a nurse, English teacher, and director of a college English center) and work as a medical writer, so that combines my various professions. I took an early retirement because my Mom (who is 98) has had Alzheimer's for the past 8 years or so and needs constant care.

I have a daughter and 2 grandsons.

Clay helps me to forget the realities of my life for awhile--and that's a great blessing sometimes.

Welcome lajeterfan! Is the "jeter" as in Derek? Or am I confuzzled? If it is, you might want to check out our sports thread here.

wandacleo, there are many on this board who are having concerns with parents or children, and consider Clay and the fandom "their escape." You may want to check out the Family Matters thread here; people in the thread are always giving support, advice, and hugs.

What to say, what to say.

I didn't watch AI but had heard about it. Truth be told, I wasn't that interested really. One night while channel surfing I stopped on AI at pretty much the time they were cutting to a commercial, so I decided to wait and have a look see for myself. Lo and behold Clay came on my t.v. screen and when I heard his wonderful voice I was interested. I vowed to watch each show there after to see hear him, it wasn't until the next week that I really noticed how cute he was. The rest they say is history I was hooked.

Believe it or not, it was about 4 months or so after the season was over that I started looking around trying to find as much information about Clay as I could, only then to discover the message boards. **yes I am that slow** I just didn't want him to leave my life so soon.

I started out at RHT, then migrated to CV both as Claysworlds but of late I have been craving something new. So, this time around I had wanted to change my name as I felt I was outgrowing my name, no real logic behind it, except I wanted to try something different. Last night while watching t.v. I heard someone say north of the 49th and I grabbed that because I have no imagination. :cryingwlaughter: Yes, I am Canadian and live just 10 minutes from the US border, to me it fit.

I recognize a lot of the CV names and most of the others are pretty new to me. I have heard how fun this board is, waves to JaMar, Bookwhore, VJM, AAIT :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here goes... my very first post. **crosses fingers that it doesn't sound too corny**

Welcome lajeterfan! Is the "jeter" as in Derek? Or am I confuzzled? If it is, you might want to check out our sports thread here.

Yep- I'm a life-long Yankee fan, and he's my favoritest current player. As a matter of fact, before we discovered Clay, my "girl's only" vacations with my best friend had been to sporting events- either to see the Yankees (in NY or spring training in Tampa) or to see Andre Agassi. I will check out the sports threads, thanks!

Welcome, Wandacleo. I wanted to say I am a big fan of your recaps! I have been known to double over in laughter when reading them and find them very comforting after a particularly rough day with my daughter! THANKS!!

Hugs

well don't get too excited about our sports thread..heee but seems like we are getting more sports fans around here...unfortunately this year my team will not make the playoffs for the first time in awhile.

As for Derek Jeter - he is in my dreams and my nightmares. heee. ... sorry I'm one of those Yankee hating people but it's all in fun. But Jeter is just so clutch.. all you can do is respect him. He has hurt my team, Oakland A's - more than once. Oh there goes those nightmares.

Hi I'm Desertflower! I post at the CH and CV, but primarily at the CH. I became of Fan of Clay's during Movie Night. I wasn't into AI and had watched one episode of AI, and liked Kelly-but I worked at night (still do) and missed all the subsequent episodes. One night I was home with nothing to do and was flipping channels and decided to watch AI. It was movie night. I saw a Man with the best voice I had ever heard. It gave me chills. After that night I changed my work schedule to be home the nights AI was on. I fell more in love with Clay every week. Didn't see the sexy though....that would come later.

At the Finale I was sure Clay would win. Even though I wasn't hooked in the Internet Fandom, I could see the favoritism....even my family who weren't Clay Fans could see it. I still was sure that Clay would prevail and win. When he didn't I felt like I had been punched in the gut, I literally couldn't breathe.

After his Promo appearances, I didn't hear anything about Clay and was afraid I had lost him forever. I finally googled Clay Aiken. I must have been daft not to have done it earlier. I found the CB, but didn't realize there was a Message Board....but I did learn that he was in London Recording. The Clingle came out and every store I went to was sold out. I realized Clay was gonna be OK. I searched and searched for Rollingstone and finally found it...WOW! I had no idea he was gonna pose like THAT for the Cover. V.Very NICE! About this time I found the CB Message Board, but the Photoshopped Angel Wings really turned me off...ended up at TTC. I devoured every bit of info...I found the Demos..OMGGGGG!!!!! Then the AI Tour started. The first Download of Clay singing Invisible! The Sexy hit me like a ton of bricks and I was a gonner...still am. *g* After TTC imploded I went over to the CB. But it never really fit me, and I was primarily a Lurker. I found the CH and said that is my kind of Board and during the IT I joined. I also joined CV when it opened and loved it. I became disillusioned at CV quite some time ago.....I still love many of the Posters over there though.

In reading this Board, it is nice to have somewhere to be fangirly where everyone loves Clay....because even after 4 years I love than Man even more every time I see him.

Sorry for the tome...I got carried away.

because even after 4 years I love than Man even more every time I see him.

Sorry for the tome...I got carried away.

How on earth does he do it is what I'd like to know..then we could bottle it, sell it, and spend our life going to Clay concerts heh.

I didn't remember your story Desertflower. Welcome to FCA.

As for Derek Jeter - he is in my dreams and my nightmares. heee. ... sorry I'm one of those Yankee hating people but it's all in fun. But Jeter is just so clutch.. all you can do is respect him. He has hurt my team, Oakland A's - more than once. Oh there goes those nightmares.

hee- sorry about that couchie! Would it help if we gave Giambi back to you??

In reading this Board, it is nice to have somewhere to be fangirly where everyone loves Clay....because even after 4 years I love than Man even more every time I see him.

Yeah, that!

Hello FromClaygary, so who's stalking whom? I was expecting you for lunch today at my mom's house (which is by way of a clue). FromClaygary and I went to all the same concerts and ended up sitting near one another often. Welcome gagran and pushinachen too. Glad to have you here.

OMG, now HOW funny is that!! :lmaosmiley-1: OK, I confess...I'm after ya'!! SO good to see you here! Took me several days to get back, sorry... Hmmm....can't figure out how to color text on here...I'll get it! Folks, you've probably gathered jmh123 and I have a history...we followed one another around NY state and NC this summer *g* I was just telling her at CV how much I missed her.

You'll appreciate this, created for me by another librarian friend, Betty897X. I've been thinking that if I ever get a M&G with Clay, I'd print this out on good paper and have him sign it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/ldyjocelyn/read2.jpg

My (super-small) claim to fame...I'm the one that he was responding to with that "book-reading" blog that everyone hated. :eusa_whistle: Hey...I was thrilled!

So good to see so many names I recognize around here...aikim, luckiest1, desertflower...and many others I haven't seen yet, I'm sure! Thanks for the welcomes!

Edited by FromClaygary

OMG, now HOW funny is that!! :lmaosmiley-1: OK, I confess...I'm after ya'!! SO good to see you here! Took me several days to get back, sorry... Hmmm....can't figure out how to color text on here...I'll get it! Folks, you've probably gathered jmh123 and I have a history...we followed one another around NY state and NC this summer *g* I was just telling her at CV how much I missed her.

Hey! How to do color: once you hit the "color" icon, scroll up, and you'll see a little box with the colors on it over the banner. Not sure why it's there, but it is.

We lurve book-reading over here. :RedGuy:

uh no..you can keep Giambi... heee.

Please...and don't mind my little screed about him as a Yankee in the baseball thread lajeterfan.

I actually don't mind Jeter the ballplayer & actual person so much as blahblahblahderekjeter the hype. I just can't stand to see grown men and supposedly professional journalists drool all over him on national television. It's like they all got a big ol' mancrush. I find it rather unseemly. Felt the same way about Michael Jordan.

---

Welcome to all Checking In! :RedGuy:

I see many familar names and some not so familar names.

:allgood:

Edited by jamar1700

Please...and don't mind my little screed about him as a Yankee in the baseball thread lajeterfan.

I actually don't mind Jeter the ballplayer & actual person so much as blahblahblahderekjeter the hype. I just can't stand to see grown men and supposedly professional journalists drool all over him on national television. It's like they all got a big ol' mancrush. I find it rather unseemly. Felt the same way about Michael Jordan.

I saw your Yankee reference in the sports thread yesterday and was a little afraid to join in! LOL! :allgood:

Oh, man, I'm not a MJ fan (my favorite BB player was Magic Johnson, back in the day)- please don't lump Derek in with him! Derek is one of the good guys- IMO, one of the players that should be looked up to in a game that seems to be increasingly filled with cheats and big egos, Guess I should probably bring this over to the sports thread, huh? (PS- I think the mancrushes are kinda cute!)

I'm checking in with some board know-how coaching from Couchie. Don't belong to any other boards but have read here for quite a while and decided to join in the fun.

Another Northern California girl but north of Sacramento not SF area.

I must say you are a lovely bunch of coconuts. Love the smut, love the pictures and most of all love the intelligent women with great senses of humor.

Now that I have introduced myself and sucked up sufficiently I'll leave again. May not talk alot but doesn't mean I'm not listening.

That's enough I's for one day.