Check In

Couch Tomato

Hi, everyone.

I'm Shadylil. I know a lot of you guys from the Clackhouse. My home board is Clayton's Place (CP), a little board with some b-i-g snark. We were once described as irrevently intelligent by some journalist who did an article on Clay message boards. That cracked our shit up.

Anyway, been in the fandom since April 2003, found Clay at 'Take'. Started on That's the Clay and thought that ALL message boards were angelwinger boards until I found the PRoC. I was a bit too angelwinger for them (which cracks me up today), but I learned about board freedom on CP.

The two boards I post on are CP and CH. I basically can't stand the ofc anymore. Too many fan police and righteous people there.

I've been to a lot of Clay concerts and I'm very lucky to have attended some of the 'milestone' concerts/events, like Wilkes IT, the first GMA in the Park, Regis and Kelly. I finally got to shake Clay's hand twice this past December at the buses. Why is it that just touching his hand makes me smile?

Anyway, I love Clay Aiken, I love this fandom (most of the time) and if one can't have fun in their fandom, why are they here? I've made some really good RL friends from my Clay adventures like CinPA and Rockysmom and have met so many others that I consider friends.

I joined, but I've been visiting this site a long time. I've always found this site helpful.

Hi MerryClay...welcome...i hope you join in our discussions...

if you check out FCA site ...sorry we haven't updated much cos we are doing a major redesign...it will be up soon.

Hello Everybody!

I am so happy to be here among the like-minded. I post as keepingfaith on OFC and that's the only board I've posted on until joining this forum. First off, I want to blow some kisses to luckiest1 for extending an invitation for me to check out this forum :F_05BL17blowkiss: and to Clayzorback, just because she's the wonderful Clazorback who has had my back more than a lot! :F_05BL17blowkiss: To briefly introduce myself, I live in the Bay Area of Houston (League City, actually) and work downtown, so you know I'm pumped about the tour. I'm still in a state of shock!!! I've never seen Clay in concert before and my first experience will be right here in my home town, with a twofer in Dallas the next night. I must be living right!

I joined OFC after seeing Clay on AI5 last year. I guess Clay got me twice on DLTSGDOM. The first time I ever heard Clay sing was DLTSGDOM on AI2 and he hooked me then and there. I voted for him week after week, but never went online and wasn't aware of an online fanbase at all. I had a circle of girlfriends who were Clay supporters and when AI2 was over, that was that. I bought Clay's albums and was lucky enough to catch him on TV from time to time, but I never, ever knew Clay Aiken toured. I had no idea he was ever in Houston. Everything changed last May at the AI5 Finale when he walked out on that stage and I barely recognized the man until he started singing DLTSGDOM. This time I wasn't just hooked, I was shot into orbit and I haven't been the same since. Now I'm being told that I won't be the same again after seeing and hearing him in concert. But frankly, I don't know how I could be any more captivated and enthralled by Clay Aiken and his amazing technicolor voice. He's got me -- and everybody I know knows it. I haven't exactly been shy about this falling in love experience and my kids are somewhat shocked, to say the least. All my kids have been musically indoctrinated since birth and have strong, eclectic tastes (two are excellent guitarists, one could be a big star IMO) and since they've grown up I've noticed that they've been buying and listening to the music they heard their mother playing all those years and giving me a lot of appreciation for that. Their dad, who died a few years ago, was never a music aficionado. But my middle son, who has a very dynamic and funny personality and can snark with the champions, called me last week from Spain where he's now living and said, "Mom, I can't say I really understand this Clay Aiken thing you're into now. But I have enough respect for your musical tastes to know that this guy must have something really special if you're this into him." He's the one I expected to deal me pure misery with jokes about my Clay devotion. (Oh well, knowing him he probably will, but at least I got a sweet comment out of him in a weak moment!!)

Immediately after AI5, I was online searching for everything I could find and couldn't believe the great big Wide World of Clay on the internet. I joined OFC a week later and went in brighteyed and as excited as only the newly converted can be -- and then I, like so many others, was slammed to the mat by the complainers and whiners and conspiracy theorists. I was getting PMs from people wanting to know who I was representing, or what boards I was posting on in other names. There was an air of suspicion that I did not understand and tried to ignore. I've been wrestling with those Pod People (love that designation, it's PERFECT) trying to make some sense of what's going on until finally realizing I can't fight that battle anymore. People can be as nuts as they want to be, but I don't have to involve myself with it. I'm full of love for Clay and the special friends I've been making in the past 10 months. I'll always state my case, but I'm through arguing with people who seem to be genuinely paranoid or at least "disturbed", when I don't understand why or what for. I just assume that some people are over-invested mentally and emotionally and feel compelled to "take charge" of Clay's career. It's pretty sick to me, in the traditional definition of that word.

I couldn't be happier to be in a "safe" place -- a place where I can express my positive, genuine love and excitement without girding up to be gouged in return. I'm tired of being taunted because I don't think Clive Davis is personally committed to ruining Clay's career. But let me tell you this, even if I did, I think I'd have enough good sense to know that the campaign to disseminate that theory everywhere is like spreading a disease and the victim is Clay. And I'm dismayed that admins and mods at OFC don't see the obvious. Maybe at one time everybody was happy and all the grumblers and naysayers who feel obligated to express their negative opinions about everything were happy too and were oooooing and ahhhhing and EEEEEing. I guess I missed all that and showed up at a time when a few seem to have become jaded, yawning, demanding, and suspicious, and they've closed the door to anything other than their own expectations. I don't do expectations much at all. I do happy and open-minded better.

I really, really love what I read here. This is an amazing group of smart, witty and loving fans, and it feels so good to experience this kind of fan kinship for the first time on an entire forum. This board makes me laugh, and that's a big deal for me. I do happy best of all. Clay Aiken makes me happy.

Now, I've been admonished several times at OFC for being so overly positive that I'm casting aspersions on the fanhood of those who don't agree with me, so ....... I am deliriously happy to have the opportunity to freely post this: :pod:

Wow. That felt good. I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!! :Tour3:

Edited by keepingfaith

WELCOME keepingfaith!!!!

I am so glad to meet someone who is relatively new to the internet fandom...

so sorry about your experience with the OFC.

This is my take on that board...The problem is the OFC was created rather late in Clay's career after the Clay internet communites have been firmly established. The different boards have all developed their particular flavor and mentality and at times these boards can be completely different in their characters. There are also a lot of history between the boards cos a lot of the smaller boards are off shoots of the bigger boards and were formed because they were no longer welcome in their old boards or they no longer agree with the policies. So there are a lot of animosity between some of the groups. When the OFC started fans from all over came together on the message boards but instead of trying to coexist a lot of the posters tried to control the spirit of the OFC and make it more like their community. So soon you have different factions posting with all kinds of agenda to attract Clay;s attention or to even influence Clay and TC and the clay fans in general. It soon became a battleground that was very unpleasant.

I do believe we created the FCA forum to counter that. We wanted a place where members from all different boards can congregate and simply celebrate Clay...you cannot be too positive here. We don't usually like to criticize other fans because we are not the fan police...but as the pod mentality spread and became this cancer growing in the fandom we cannot help but make our opinions known. BUT our main goals is really to celebrate Clay and to have fun.

I am really glad that some OFC members have found their way to our boards...hope you post in the other threads and in main soon and often. we love to hear new perspectives or just get to know new members.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's keepingfaith!! I'm a huge fan of your posts at the OFC, so I'm delighted to see you here. Congratulations on the Houston concert--you must be thrilled.

The internet fandom will drive a person nutso, but this is a good, safe place to be, so I look forward to seeing your posts in our main thread soon!!

:Tour3: :TourExcite: :rainbowsmile:

But let me tell you this, even if I did, I think I'd have enough good sense to know that the campaign to disseminate that theory everywhere is like spreading a disease and the victim is Clay.

Amen to that!!!

:pod:

Edited by jmh123

I see lightmyfire down there. It's like a Pod Free Party today!! Hey you, post already!!!!

But frankly, I don't know how I could be any more captivated and enthralled by Clay Aiken and his amazing technicolor voice.

Oh boy are you in trouble! :Tour3:

EEEE A newbie!!!

Small boards are fun because you can communicate with similar people, problems start as the boards grow and change and SOME fans need to control the boards as well as otehr fans AND Clay's career. I argue with family members all the time, we disagreeon a lot of things, but it doesn't mean we don't love each other or that I think that some people have no reason to believe what they do. It is just when people bend the facts to fit what they want to believe I go crackers, but other than that issue I love Clay and love having people to play with about Clay on the boards. This is quite the playful place, some days we say nothing of value at all, we just have fun.

I assume you have spent the last year in a downloading haze - you must come to the boards and share your downloading favorites, I love talking about old clack!

If you are interested, I and others are hosting the AI2 entire shows on certain boards and would love to share them with you, if you want.

OH, the OFC mods - they are really doing the best they can - there are not a lot of them, and they have to patrol a pretty feisty board filled with people with agendas, many of whom are out right rude to the mods, yet they try not to ban people unless they are egregious. I really give them a lot of credit in the patience they show. There are people who plot on other boards to attack and violate the rule s of the OFC in a round about way and they are trying to get the mods removed so that they can be appreciated in their hatred of many things team Clay.

Edited by playbiller

Hello! I am lightmyfire...and yes, Clay lights my fire!

I would like to extend my gratitude to Ansamcw and Clayzor for my membership to this board.

I am here to celebrate The Instrument with y'all ....the glorious chords of Clay...he shatters my senses!

Ciao jmh123.......thanks for the warm welcome!

Edited by lightmyfire

Squeee... it's KeepingFaith and LMF!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KeepingFaith, your post made me cry a little. It's so sad that people badger new fans. WTF? I'm so glad you weren't so turned off you ran. And yeah, you hit the nail on the head. You're made of some good shit, girlfriend!

lightmyfire already knows I heart her! Hee.

:allgood:

Edited by YSRN

Hello! I am lightmyfire...and yes, Clay lights my fire!

I would like to extend my gratitude to Ansamcw and Clayzor for my membership to this board.

I am here to celebrate The Instrument with y'all ....the glorious chords of Clay...he shatters my senses!

Ciao jmh123.......thanks for the warm welcome!

YAY...welcome!!!!

yup the instrument is something else...I really love listening to CLay among my other music on ipod shuffle because I always get this rush when I hear his voice...it certainly is extraordinary...

sorry about the delay in your validation...that is just some problem with the emails...but usually there is no problem in registering in this forum...

hope you join us in main and other threads in the board...love to get to know newbies..

Welcome lightmyfire!!! Wowsa what a fun day at FCA. :rainbowsmile:

Maybe we can even get some cool discussions going on Main about music--y'all both would be assets on that topic, and I know Clayzor, myself, and some others would love to talk about Clay Aiken's music.

Welcome lightmyfire!!! Wowsa what a fun day at FCA. :rainbowsmile:

Maybe we can even get some cool discussions going on Main about music--y'all both would be assets on that topic, and I know Clayzor, myself, and some others would love to talk about Clay Aiken's music.

oh definitely maybe we should schedule some new listening party...I love talking abut Clay's instrument.

Thank you all for the immediate and warm welcome! Wow, this feels good. All I've wanted is a safe place to play without having to dodge the cars!!!!

jmh123, I've always been a huge fan of YOURS. From the first day I was on OFC, I found myself agreeing with and loving your posts. For the longest now I've wondered what happened to you! :da_best:

I assume you have spent the last year in a downloading haze - you must come to the boards and share your downloading favorites, I love talking about old clack!

If you are interested, I and others are hosting the AI2 entire shows on certain boards and would love to share them with you, if you want.

OM Goodness! Playbiller, you have assumed correctly! You definitely know the progression of the Clay fan psyche --- fall under the spell, find the websites, start downloading!!! I look forward to lots of clack chat.

Thank you so much, YSRN! I've always appreciated and enjoyed your posts at OFC. So many great fans are here! Hooray!

And lightmyfire, WHAZZUP BABY!!! Looks like we showed up at the same time. :andthetruth:

luckiest1 -- just MMMMMMMMMWAHHHH

Edited by keepingfaith

Happy Days are here again. Both my OFC buddies are here. *Waves madly* to lightmyfire and keepingfaith. I have also enjoyed reading luckiest1 and jmh123 and tagalong and playbiller's posts. YSRN I love your posts too. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ansamcw that was a pretty good background lesson you gave of the OFC. I want to thank everybody here for welcoming all of us newbies so graciously. I'm really going to enjoy it here. :allgood:

Edited by Clayzorback

EEEEEEEEEE! Newbies! Welcome keepingfaith -- we'll have to try and meet sometime during the Texas concerts! And welcome to lightmyfire too.

I can tell from both your introductory posts that I'm gonna like you guys. A lot. Looking forward to getting to know you so much more, and sharing the fun known as Clay Aiken with you!