Check In

Couch Tomato

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Welcome LovesClayVoice!! I hope you like it here. I've been a fan of your posts for a long, long time--going way back to the very first album thread where we were instructed to never, ever mention the word cover again lest we ruin Clay's career singlehandedly. Gee, wasn't that thread supposed to change Clive's mind? Personally I think it might have backfired big time--by creating a buzz that Clay's fans all hate the album, when in fact it's just a very vocal few, and those who have been influenced by them. You are so patient and yet firm at the OFC. Can't wait for.... :TourExcite:

Welcome lovesclayoice...I have avoided the OFC from the beginning since I didn't want my BP to constantly rise. I think I only have a handful of posts there so I am not that familiar with y'all. But from jmh's post I think y'all will fit very well in FCA...

thanks for joining and I hope you join us on main soon.

I'm negligent in that I rarely peek into this thread...but it's great to see some new 'faces'---welcome!

And lookie!

Ansa smutted!!!!!!!

I love talking abut Clay's instrument.
Edited by muskifest

Hello. My name here is alliesmom2. I am a member at most Clay Boards, since I joined everything I could find the summer of 2003 after the anomoly, and haven't lost the habit of joining. I didn't find the boards till after the finale, but I was along for the ride of Clay *g* since "take". I mostly hang out at LBFCA, I'm Jill there. I'm shy most other places and don' t have a whole lot to say. :) I'm especially shy at the OFC. That place is intimidating.

But Karen Eh? told me I would enjoy playing here, so I am gonna give it a try. I look forward to meeting you all and chatting. I too LOVE old clack, and spend lots of time watching. I watched my AI2 VHS tapes so many times, I wore them out and was lucky enough to get a set of dvd's. I am so thankful to have them.

I'm lucky enough to get to go to the Houston and Tulsa shows this year. Hope to meet lots of you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome alliesmom -- join us in the main thread, if you feel so inclined! And we'll have to talk, because I'm going to Houston and Tulsa too. I think the evil Houston Posse (eHP) has adopted me for this tour.

Well, alliesmom, showed up! Finally! That's a really nice thoughtful cohesive post, too.....are you on something today, darlin'? ***Ducks flying pink stiletto***

She throws her shoes at me all the time. But she loves me, I can tell.

Oh, and I love her back....even if she doesn't care for my Merrell clogs all that much.

Thanks for the welcomes. I am going to explore main now. : ) *Hitching up the slingback on my pink stilettoes* :)

Oh, and I just want to add, I really really want to be adopted by the Houston posse too! Almost as nice as being adopted by Clay. :)

:allgood:

Well I guess I should introduce myself. Not sure how many of you I know, the screen names sometimes throws me,

I am CAmom4Clay on this board and several others, especially my home board, Generation Clay. I am claysmyguy on the clayboard. CA for California of course and I take my kids and grand kids with me to the concerts when I can, also took a great grandson a couple of times. yes, I am probably older than lots of you but I don't much care. On my home board I am NOT the oldest so that is fine too. We travel a lot, our group and meet as many as we can. I live in Southern California and go to the events and with our So.CA group of fans here when I can. I missed the last Jimmy Kimmel show as I couldn't get tickets. Too many from out of state? heck I don't know but those tickets went fast. So the last time I saw Clay in person was at the Virgin Record store autographing. What a day that was. Also went to the JK mini concert later but didn't get into the show inside. Again, too many wanting in. That too is great, shows our love for our guy. I have been attending our guys shows since the AI 2 tour in Sacramento then here at the Arrowhead Pond [now the Honda Center] I have traveled to New York, Raleigh, Columbus, Ohio, to Michigan and Illinois, oh and almost forgot Minnesota!! Saw Clay there with Kelly for the IT show! I have been known to attend a show and follow on to the next show when possible, traveling with friends and family.

Betty

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by CAmom4Clay

welcome CAmom4clay...we are happy to hear that you and your group are still pretty active travelling all over.

looking forward to getting to know you...hope you get to join our discussion on the other threads.

Well I guess I should introduce myself. Not sure how many of you I know, the screen names sometimes throws me,

I am CAmom4Clay on this board and several others, especially my home board, Generation Clay. I am claysmyguy on the clayboard. CA for California of course and I take my kids and grand kids with me to the concerts when I can, also took a great grandson a couple of times. yes, I am probably older than lots of you but I don't much care. On my home board I am NOT the oldest so that is fine too. We travel a lot, our group and meet as many as we can. I live in Southern California and go to the events and with our So.CA group of fans here when I can.

Welcome... hey who cares about age in this fandom. Clay sure doesn't which is one of the reasons I love him. I'm 44 and plan to be traveling to Clay shows when he's old and bald with love handles. So what will that make me. heee.

One more newbie chiming in!

My name is Jen and I love Clay Aiken (where's Clay's "well, duh!" emoticon?:)).

My home board is the Clackhouse where I am PuddinsJoy and I'm JenKS over at the OFC. I belong to several other boards but mostly lurk - started in 2003 at the Clayboard. My CH board name comes from a nickname my mom gave me, that she picked up from a nursery rhyme (no, it's not because my favorite is Jello instant chocolate). So "Puddin" is me - my "Joy" is Clay - and there ya go.

I've known couch tomato since 2003 when we were both members of a small Clay board and she was just beginning FCA. I remember she'd post a link and be so excited - we'd all rush over and check it out - we were so proud of her! Still am :)

I'm 49, live in Kansas and work as a paraprofessional in an elementary autism classroom. I've only been doing that for a year - the prior 25 years were spent as an Accountant - quite a change, huh? But it was always my dream and now I'm living it - yay me! I volunteer for TBAF and am president of the KCClayFans - a fan club of about 60 members in the KS City area, though I live about 3 1/2 hours from there.

My "Take" was Buttercup although his voice grabbed me from the beginning - but that night - the shimmying, the well-fit suit, the long legs, and that smile ..ah - he squished my heart. Then Solitaire came along and absolutely laid.me.out. I wanted to crawl into my TV and . . . well, it was the beginning of many impure thoughts that continue unabashed today. :DoClay:

Love the site Angela - glad to see so many familiar names too and hope to get to know new ones!

I've known couch tomato since 2003 when we were both members of a small Clay board and she was just beginning FCA. I remember she'd post a link and be so excited - we'd all rush over and check it out - we were so proud of her! Still am :)

I'm 49, live in Kansas and work as a paraprofessional in an elementary autism classroom. I've only been doing that for a year - the prior 25 years were spent as an Accountant - quite a change, huh? But it was always my dream and now I'm living it - yay me! I volunteer for TBAF and am president of the KCClayFans - a fan club of about 60 members in the KS City area, though I live about 3 1/2 hours from there.

My "Take" was Buttercup although his voice grabbed me from the beginning - but that night - the shimmying, the well-fit suit, the long legs, and that smile ..ah - he squished my heart. Then Solitaire came along and absolutely laid.me.out. I wanted to crawl into my TV and . . . well, it was the beginning of many impure thoughts that continue unabashed today. :DoClay:

Ah PuddinJoy - the fun and heady days. I think I was a member everywhere but I loved that little group. heee and yeah I was so excited when I was starting FCA...I had carried the name around in my head for a month praying nobody would take it.

Congratulations for following your dream and really doing something you love. It is quite the change - very brave of you too. And your KC TBAF group has done a lot of great things.

Last but not least...you and your impure thoughts - I think you'll fit right in :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome puddinsjoy...I am also pretty happy that you are pursuing your dream. I do know that your work is very important. My daughter, who has down syndrome works with this wonderful woman in the school. She has helped us a lot in making the school experience a positive one for Caitlin. she is mainstreamed right now so having someone that helps her in school makes it great for her and her classmates and the teachers.

Hope you join us in our discussions in Main and all over.

One more newby to add to the fold.

I know a couple people who post here, (god, I hope they still admit to knowing me after this) who kept talking about this great board, so here I am.

My board name is laughn or laughnoutloud, depending on the board. I started out eons ago at That's The Clay, but my home board now is getclayaiken. I post a bit at Clayversity too.

I teach young children, and have for the past twentysomething years; three years old up to age 7 mostly. I also think that accounts for my sense of humor. I believe you can only hear so many knock-knock jokes and bodily function noises before it affects you at the molecular level. lol.

I will probably read a bit before I start to post...unfortunately, after that, I'm hard to shut up. Fair warning.

Just wanted to say hello.

:imgtongue: < btw, I'm in love with this emoticon

I teach young children, and have for the past twentysomething years; three years old up to age 7 mostly. I also think that accounts for my sense of humor. I believe you can only hear so many knock-knock jokes and bodily function noises before it affects you at the molecular level. lol.

I will probably read a bit before I start to post...unfortunately, after that, I'm hard to shut up. Fair warning.

Just wanted to say hello.

:imgtongue: < btw, I'm in love with this emoticon

Hey Laughn - I love that emoitcon too!!

I have to hand it to parents and teachers around here. What a good thing it is ya'll do. I have not spent a great deal of time around children in my life..well until the last 7 years... watching my niece and nephew grow up (I get to see them all the time as they live close by) has been an eye opening experience. I'm sure you have a hilarious story or two or three to tell.

And FYI, there are no rules against posthoing. We encourage it actually. :cryingwlaughter: