King Center for the Arts, Melbourne, FL

Clay said hell. teehee.

I'm loving Bring It On Home. They really do make great harmonies together.

Just for posterity... Quiana is back today.

He's already teasing people about multiple shows. Said their 'fight' was scripted - weren't you at yesterday's show?

Wheee!! A seat mate! (((claylove)))

It really is better reception than we've had so far.

Quiana sounds like she's in good voice, too.

And here's Still The One..

Did Ruben do this long an intro for Marvin Gaye last time? Maybe this is just the first time I could actually hear him.

Hi cindilu2 just logged into main page and saw your post.

Wish I knew what everyone is laughing about.

is it my imagination or is Clay better miked this time?

I don't know... cleaning house while I listen so I took that intro and song to go put a load of laundry in. LMAO Did not want to miss Clay.

Hee, I save that for The Longest Three-and-a-Half Minutes in Music (aka Superstar) ;)

Hey Lotus, I think maybe it's just better sound overall - better/different phone. I can hear things today I haven't in the first two.

I missed the first 2 cellcerts...went to a Library Volunteers dinner on Friday and last night had a guest over for dinner....a friend with whom I now never discuss Clay cause she inevitably says something that makes me really upset...so read the thread at CV to catch up.

I know I will really enjoy the concerts because Clay never fails to entertain...but I wish they had more songs that I don't associate with JBT.

I'm amazed that he included Mandy again, but I must say it's a really beautiful rendition - even better than JBT.

Whatever he did to get his mojo back he ought to find a way to bottle and sell it, because his voice has never been better.

ETA: claylove, Rube singing EID (IDIFY) was definitely the biggest WTF moment for me. You know there had to be a conversation about that before hand (along the lines of 'my fans are gonna freak out', lol).

I really wonder if the reason for all the repeats from JBT has something to do with licensing, etc. (Pure speculation of course) maybe it was easier/more economical somehow and they are keeping costs low for this tour.

ETA: Lotus, I think you had a hiccup there (double post) :cryingwlaughter:

oops

Whatever he did to get his mojo back he ought to find a way to bottle and sell it, because his voice has never been better.

It seems that in all his tours Clay's voice has gotten better as the tour progresses and this time he has probably rehearsed more than usual.

I really wonder if there are people at this tour who haven't seen Ruben since AI2 and wonder why not. This is the Ruben that all those people fell in love with, IMO - the Velvet Teddy Bear. We've seen this Clay all along, but I don't think his (Ruben's) AI2 fans have had the same pleasure. I was so impressed with his voice at the PBS taping and he's really shining in this one from what I've seen and heard.

It was nice to hear a little shout-out for him (the birthday lady) earlier.

Preacher bit...too long...time for a break.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those moments that just doesn't translate to cellcerts, or even to Clack. The audience sure seems to be enjoying it.

This one does seem longer than the last two though.

I do love "When I see You Smile". It also give me a big smile when I remember him singing it to Flat Clay in the hotel window.

Has there been any mention of how many Ruben fans have been attending?

I'm not sure how you'd tell if Ruben's fans are in the audience or not? The applause seems to be pretty even handed (except for the whoop when Clay comes to the stage)

The 80's intro CMSU! (Clay) 'The 80's were all about being macho - so who better to represent than me??'

I surely never thought I'd hear Clay Aiken singing Shout!

In the past fans have posted about who was sitting next to them, about finding new Clay fans, about finding NJU's.

It would be interesting to know if any Clay fans have met and talked with Ruben fans at these concerts.