#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

From Clackhouse:

Charlatan wrote: The mention of Clay's special being in August is gone, along with the entire article.

The Broadway Men article on the BBB Blog and the link on Facebook and Twitter have disappeared.

Weeeeiiirrrddd....

From Clackhouse:

Charlatan wrote: The mention of Clay's special being in August is gone, along with the entire article.

The Broadway Men article on the BBB Blog and the link on Facebook and Twitter have disappeared.

Weeeeiiirrrddd....

"Cue Twilight Zone Music"

Kim

:GM_FCA:

46 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

66 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

83 Days until Clay addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

98 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yay for angst-free zones! :twinklewhore:

*angst angst angst*

OOPS.

:P

Okay, I know I'm prolly gonna be sorry I asked... but why are we angsting again?

Wasn't there always a chance that the PBS thing would be August? Why do I feel like that possibility was 'out there' right from the start?

Pouting? Yes.

Angsting? No.

What am I missing?

Happy day. It's April 15th and I have part of my life back. :dancetom: Time to look at the stuff piling up around me. Did I say I hate paper?

In another two weeks we should start hearing from Clay. :whee: I hope he is enjoying some down time. As much as one might enjoy work, there is nothing like stopping. :yahoo: JMO

Have a wonderful day.

Okay, I know I'm prolly gonna be sorry I asked... but why are we angsting again?

Wasn't there always a chance that the PBS thing would be August? Why do I feel like that possibility was 'out there' right from the start?

Pouting? Yes.

Angsting? No.

What am I missing?

You're exactly right about everything you've said here. I've not read around, but I'm guessing it's not necessarily "angst" as it is "worry." We're hitting that period in the fandom again where some have to worry about almost everything that's going on. Will Clay get enough promotion? Will he sell well? etc. etc.

I think I'd prefer FCA to be the "worry free board." Of course, I can't speak for everyone here though....

Pouting? Yes.

Angsting? No.

What am I missing?

Nada. Don't worry, be happy. :) Clay is touring, life is good.

Angst is what I feel when my close to clinically insane boss has the misfortune to be in London when Icelandic volcanos blow up and wants me to get him a flight back to Houston immediately. Even though NO ONE IS FRICKIN' FLYING. NO ONE. Clay wouldn't do this to me - that is one of the reasons I love Clay. He knows that volcanos mean "Sit your ass down and enjoy some frickin' free time in frickin' London on the company dime". Even though the English people deceived me on a party invitation. Apparently, "Carriages at 1 am" actually means in English-speak "You have to leave now. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" and not "Cinderella's/Queen Elizabeth conveyance will be hauling you around, you special person, you!".

At this point, I'm willing for King Arthur to give him a "flesh wound".

And I consulted my expert on all things English, and apparently they all immediately understand "Carriages at 1" mean "Go the hell away."

Perhaps you can arrange a bevy of African Swallows to transport your boss out of England, KAndre. Is he willing to dangle from a bit of creeper tucked under the dorsal guiding feathers? Is he any where near Mercia?

OMG - now come and explain my outburst to my boss. Please.

Angst is what I feel when my close to clinically insane boss has the misfortune to be in London when Icelandic volcanos blow up and wants me to get him a flight back to Houston immediately. Even though NO ONE IS FRICKIN' FLYING. NO ONE. Clay wouldn't do this to me - that is one of the reasons I love Clay. He knows that volcanos mean "Sit your ass down and enjoy some frickin' free time in frickin' London on the company dime". Even though the English people deceived me on a party invitation. Apparently, "Carriages at 1 am" actually means in English-speak "You have to leave now. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" and not "Cinderella's/Queen Elizabeth conveyance will be hauling you around, you special person, you!".

Chill out, babe. The way I see it, your boss is the one with the problem. Let's see, hmmmmm, stuck in London due to volcanic ash, which is an official "act of God," which is an excuse for everything! Relax and have a boat drink -- the kind with lots of fruit, plastic ornaments, and umbrellas hanging off the edge of the glass. Tell him to do the same. Really, if it can't be helped, my motto is, don't help it.

kf, normally I would agree that it's one of my boss' many, MANY problems - unhappily, he has a working cell phone and my number memorized. Ah, well. C'est la vie. I'll start rounding up swallows tomorrow...

Oh, and while I'm here over my lunch time, I'll take this opportunity to opine about Idol this week since I actually watched both shows this and last week. And because I just can't freaking believe how bad it is!

Man oh man, Idol has not only jumped the shark, it has jumped Fonzi jumping the shark. Could Ryan Seacrest be any weirder? He must be taking the Paula Pills this year. How much does he get paid to be so embarrassingly bad, and rude, and awkward?

And then Adam Lambert as a mentor? That is a tacit admission that Idol is desperate. From what I watched, his advice was mostly "be dramatic," and wasn't taken, i.e., he told Tim to go falsetto at the end of Can't Help Falling in Love With You, and Tim wisely ignored that strange advice. Anyway, since when does an artist without at least one platinum record under his belt get to be a mentor? The fact that Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood didn't get the opportunity to be the first alum mentor is just wrong in so many ways.

The judges suck. No one more than Randy Jackson who says NOTHING of substance, but grunts, harrumphs, inscrutably chuckles, and says "I don't know" way too much. Ellen is useless on this show. Kara is apparently promoting herself full-time. Last week's guest was some no-name who had just signed with her label. And she spends most of her time telling the contestants, "We just don't know who you ARE." Well, I don't know who she is. Simon is the only one who seems to possess a functioning brain, but he's so bored with the whole thing now he looks ready to bolt and/or blow chunks at any moment. Which is how I felt watching the naked attempt at relaunching Adam Lambert's career last night, by all means necessary. And probably because Idol has so much invested in him! When I saw the overwrought Alice Cooper/Kiss level of prostituting music, well, to me it's borderline career suicide -- unless being another Alice Cooper or Kiss is what you want to be. Those guys made tons of money, and kids idolized them, but they were condensed to novelty acts in an era of great music. Which, no matter how much money she makes and how many records she sells short-term, it essentially what Lady Gaga is.

I don't even know what to say about Brooke White and Jason Gaston(?) -- I've seen few weaker performances by "guest" talent. But then there was Rihanna(?) last week, and that was just sad.

Hole Smoke! The group "Elvis" number last night was the worst example of lip-syncing I've ever grimaced through. What wizard director allowed that to go on the air?

I'm now joining whatever group exists, if one does, who hope Clay Aiken never ever ever never gives this show so much as the back of his hand. It's so beneath him. He is a real, true artist, and the Idol Empire is crumbling over the heads of buffoons! Clowns! And I'm not talking about the contestants (yet even the couple of them that I find in any way entertaining are seriously derivative).

What a dive this show has taken. I've used the terms "jumped the shark" and "life support" -- but I believe Idol is now a "beached whale." I don't think it can get itself back to the water.

Adam who?

kf, normally I would agree that it's one of my boss' many, MANY problems - unhappily, he has a working cell phone and my number memorized. Ah, well. C'est la vie. I'll start rounding up swallows tomorrow...

Perhaps you could arrange to have said swallows conveniently accidenatally drop his royal PITA over the Atlantic somewhere :whistling-1:

Looks like good news about the release date of the CD. Dessertflower tweeted asking if the release date would remain June 1st and they've responded -

Yep! Mark your calendars :) RT @Desertflower2: @clayaiken Is the album still coming out on June 1st?

:dancetom::listen:

Why would we think the CD release date had changed? *scratches head* Because (maybe) the PBS thing is August? I know we're kinda gun-shy these days but that seems like truly needless angsting to me.