#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Why would we think the CD release date had changed? *scratches head* Because (maybe) the PBS thing is August? I know we're kinda gun-shy these days but that seems like truly needless angsting to me.

Not at all. IMO I think many are anxious and I can certainly understand that. There had been a lot of speculating on other boards. I think it's a "good thing" someone asked and we have it confirmed now. :)

Speaking for myself only, I do not want to wait for the cd to come out later. I'm greedy that way. lol

Why would we think the CD release date had changed? *scratches head* Because (maybe) the PBS thing is August? I know we're kinda gun-shy these days but that seems like truly needless angsting to me.

Not at all. IMO I think many are anxious and I can certainly understand that. There had been a lot of speculating on other boards. I think it's a "good thing" someone asked and we have it confirmed now. :)

Speaking for myself only, I do not want to wait for the cd to come out later. I'm greedy that way. lol

I think, at some point, perhaps during the Q&A before the PBS concert, Clay had mentioned that if the PBS special were pushed back, the album might/could/would (not sure) be. SO I think that's where that concern came from.

kf, now that was a rant! :clap: I haven't watched AI since 2003 and don't even care about any contestants. But it sounds pretty funny in a sad sort of way.

Hooray for a cd. I guess I'd better start thinking about ordering one, two or seven?

That was kind of my point. Speculating. Why? Everything 'official' (including Clay) has indicated the June 1st release date. We never had a 'firm' date for the PBS thing. So for me, it's a leap to extrapolate the August date of the PBS special into a delay for the announced CD release. Thus, my 'needless' comment. But yes, the boards are (in)famous for breeding angst (not to say fear-mongering) so it's not incomprehensible.

ETA: Okay, I surrender. Have fun!

Angst is what I feel when my close to clinically insane boss has the misfortune to be in London when Icelandic volcanos blow up and wants me to get him a flight back to Houston immediately. Even though NO ONE IS FRICKIN' FLYING. NO ONE. Clay wouldn't do this to me - that is one of the reasons I love Clay. He knows that volcanos mean "Sit your ass down and enjoy some frickin' free time in frickin' London on the company dime". Even though the English people deceived me on a party invitation. Apparently, "Carriages at 1 am" actually means in English-speak "You have to leave now. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" and not "Cinderella's/Queen Elizabeth conveyance will be hauling you around, you special person, you!".

KAndre... I feel for you... been there, done that. Can you fly him to Japan and then home or are all airlines staying grounded? Can you change your cell number quickly???

Perhaps you can arrange a bevy of African Swallows to transport your boss out of England, KAndre. Is he willing to dangle from a bit of creeper tucked under the dorsal guiding feathers? Is he any where near Mercia?

cindi... BWAH!!!! Excellent solution!!!!

keeping... tell us how you really feel! LOL I think you are totally right from what I have heard. I've not watched the show since Jordan Sparks year. Don't intend to unless... but, from remarks he made last year, I don't think Clay has any anticipation of going on Idol. He is so above them, but if his managers say... think of the millions of viewers... maybe. I think he'll do better than fine without their help.

OMG - now come and explain my outburst to my boss. Please.

clayaiken Yes, thx! Album is right. Amazon is updating. RT @Wowzers4Clay: RU aware cover art list of songs doesn't match Amazon - which one is right?

Thanks LadyJ! That was buggin' me.

Adam who?

Adam Ant

LONDON - An enormous ash cloud from an Icelandic volcano caused the biggest flight disruption since 9/11 as it drifted over northern Europe and stranded travelers on six continents Thursday.

Officials said it could take days for the skies to become safe again in one of aviation's most congested areas.

The cloud, floating miles above Earth and capable of knocking out jet engines, wrecked travel plans for tens of thousands of people — from tourists and business travelers to politicians and royals. They couldn't see the source of their frustration — except indirectly, when the ash created vibrant red and lavender sunsets.

Non-emergency flights in Britain were canceled, and most will stay grounded until at least midday Friday. Authorities in Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Belgium also closed their air space. France shut down 24 airports, including the main hub of Charles de Gaulle in Paris, and several flights out of the U.S. had to double back.

"Depending what happens and what the cloud does, this could last a couple of days," said Kyla Evans, a spokeswoman for air traffic agency Eurocontrol in Brussels.

K, why don't you get Superman to reverse the Earth's rotation and he could leave yesterday? May be easier. Of course there's always those swallows. Is he bigger than a coconut?

One thing that caught my eye about the International Media thingie about Clay and PBS and August is that the PBS Special is NOT titled TRIED AND TRUE, but THIS IS THE TIME. Which to me means that the deluxe CD will not include the PBS DVD, but perhaps a completely different DVD of Clay recording the CD? And when I read THIS IS THE TIME, it seems further on down the road from THIS IS THE NIGHT. I love it all. But then I'm E-Z-P-Z when it comes to Clay.

No angsting here...for life of me I can't figure out the benefit to worrying about something you have no control over. Is worrying going to get the CD here any sooner? Make the promotion more than what has already been decided on? Going to result in anymore sales? Nope...all done is give you worry lines and acid indigestion...perhaps we need to market "Claynation Chill Pills".

Here is my theory for what it is worth: Promotion during May sweeps, CD in June...tour in June and August and PBS special in August and then second wave of promotion in the Fall when the new TV season starts.

Kim

...perhaps we need to market "Claynation Chill Pills".

Market, nah. I despise marketing as a general concept and could make a decent case for it being a black plague on our way of life. However, dosing up a couple of drinks belonging to the deserving unbeknownst ... that's something to ponder. And the first one will be free. :cryingwlaughter:

Not anxious, but anticipating. I want to read a good long interview in People and I want to see Clay yucking it up on Kimmel and whatnot because he's "been offstage far too long."[tm the Lady of the Lake] Plus I'm really looking forward to seeing how the album sounds.

Angst I'm saving for trying to get tickets to Hammond next week. :Tour4:

KAndre temporarily halts her hunt for the Fortress of Solitude...killing two birds with one stone...

Market chill pills my butt...put it in the water like flouride!

Hell, I think Clay/Decca is going the slow steady burn route...a flurry of notice when it drops...reminders whenever the PBS thing plays...crazy clever fans You-tubing every song...selling between 5-10,000 each week for weeks on end.

Hell, let him go on AI and take his bite out of the bleeding carcass...that's why me 'n Clay are carnivores!

From Clay's Facebook page:

Clay Aiken OFC members - watch Clay's site tomorrow for a special fan club members only post :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

CLAY AIKEN: single-handedly throws North America back into a recession as workplace productivity sinks to an all-time low.

Not me..I am off of work tomorrow...so that means the news will probably come while I am at the grocery store, LOL!

Kim

:yeahthat: So what could that mean? Is he going to announce blogs in advance? :wub:

Maybe we should all take a poll so Clay can blog when we want him to? Just kidding. Ducks! :mallet:

I really think he is trying to get the attention of the fans at FB doing farms, zoos, aquariums and who knows what other games over there. :hitsfanrs5: My new book is how to lose friends and make enemies. :chair:

At this point, I'm willing for King Arthur to give him a "flesh wound".

You could always tell him to stow away in a large wooden rabeet. Or badger. :killer_rabbit:

Perhaps you can arrange a bevy of African Swallows to transport your boss out of England, KAndre. Is he willing to dangle from a bit of creeper tucked under the dorsal guiding feathers? Is he any where near Mercia?

OMG - now come and explain my outburst to my boss. Please.

And please come and calm down my puppies. :snoopy:

:yeahthat: So what could that mean? Is he going to announce blogs in advance? :wub:

Maybe we should all take a poll so Clay can blog when we want him to? Just kidding. Ducks! :mallet:

I really think he is trying to get the attention of the fans at FB doing farms, zoos, aquariums and who knows what other games over there. :hitsfanrs5: My new book is how to lose friends and make enemies. :chair:

Hey now.... :huh-bwah:

I remember that the pbs special was going to air either in June or August. So either it's in June or it's in August LOL. I'm sure the special is not his only promotion. A concert airing two months after the album comes out is a good thing I would think. So who is going to Clay's salute to NC theater? Anybody? I don't actually like musicals for the most part, but I'm sure Clay will make me like whatever he sings.

There's so much going on and we don't even begin to know all that's coming just yet. It's going to be fun!

ETA My tax return is printing and I'm not even angsting over the 5k I owe. LOL I'll hide my Clay money under the mattress.

Omg, y'all! Thanks for the grins! And the wonderful, playful memories of Spamalot! Yesterday, my teenage male cashier at Krogers said, "Why do you think I have this outrageous accent?" and was delighted when I instantly 'got' the reference. I can't remember how it came up in our conversation, but it was funny. LOL

keepingfaith, the only way I can watch Idol is recorded, so I can fast-forward through most of it. And I'm not buying that Ryan was merely over-caffeinated. heh

Sorry about the boss issues, KAndre. Doesn't he know that your powers as a Supreme Being are not to be used lightly?

Still catching up on the thread...

:)

kf, normally I would agree that it's one of my boss' many, MANY problems - unhappily, he has a working cell phone and my number memorized. Ah, well. C'est la vie. I'll start rounding up swallows tomorrow...

Now KAndre if you were a loyal employee you would take the swallow express over there and gallop him home on your back while clapping coconut halves together for authenticity....just sayin.....

Omg, y'all! Thanks for the grins! And the wonderful, playful memories of Spamalot! Yesterday, my teenage male cashier at Krogers said, "Why do you think I have this outrageous accent?" and was delighted when I instantly 'got' the reference. I can't remember how it came up in our conversation, but it was funny. LOL

keepingfaith, the only way I can watch Idol is recorded, so I can fast-forward through most of it. And I'm not buying that Ryan was merely over-caffeinated. heh

Sorry about the boss issues, KAndre. Doesn't he know that your powers as a Supreme Being are not to be used lightly?

Still catching up on the thread...

:)

I know what you mean Olsee! I have a terrible habit of quoting lines from Spam and only my DH & DSs get it. Everyone else thinks I'm weird (or weirder than my usual level of weirdness..umm delightful eccentricity..yeah thats it)

:GM_FCA:

45 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

65 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

82 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

97 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Prayers and good thoughts to all in need!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

My proletariat self is about two calls away from rising up against the pigdog...I swear, his mother was a hamster, and his father smelt of elderberries!

Are you trying to insult hamsters? :cryingwlaughter: