#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

What's it about? Can someone summarize? Any Clay content?

Faye was giving an interview about Dancing Like The Stars...she also talked about Parker...she and Clay took him to the zoo on Thursday. Talked about how he spends half his time in NC and half his time in LA..but Jaymes is there a lot and they all love her. Parker can only say "Moo"...he says moo when he sees Faye. Mentioned that Parker will be going school in NC and that Clay loves NC even though he has some rather strong opinions about things.

Also said the CD would be out June 1st. and the Special in August.

Kim

What's it about? Can someone summarize? Any Clay content?

Yes, there's Clay content. Anoop Desai is also there, and the subject is Dancing Like the Stars which is Sunday. Anoop will also perform three songs from his album. Go to the inclusion project website and vote, says Faye. Faye talked about Parker; she said he calls her "moon" and that she and Clay took him to the zoo on Saturday. Anoop was asked a lot of questions about what goes on behind the scenes of Idol, which was quite interesting. Bob was an asshole as always, but there was another male DJ and a female who were fun. Faye also talked about Clay's tour and the new album.

ETA: Snap, Kim. I'll leave mine although it's mostly redundant, and thanks for remembering about the school stuff.

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until we get The Full Clay!:noshirt:

41 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

61 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

78 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

93 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This is one of my favorite "Clay compared to Clay" songs. It's Clay's voice loud and clear in both, but the "moves" changed dramatically in 5 years! He's just so CUTE!!!

keeping... that was sooo much fun to see that comparison. Boy has he growed up good!!!!!!!

I love a man with 2 feet!

merrieeee... BWAH!!! And, in spite of what Clay says about his dancing... he does not have 2 left feet. The picture says so!!!

This is one of my favorite "Clay compared to Clay" songs. It's Clay's voice loud and clear in both, but the "moves" changed dramatically in 5 years! He's just so CUTE!!!

keeping... that was sooo much fun to see that comparison. Boy has he growed up good!!!!!!!

merrieeee... BWAH!!! And, in spite of what Clay says about his dancing... he does not have 2 left feet. The picture says so!!!

2 feet is a bit much for me. 1' is plenty! :whistling-1:

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog is all about puzzles as we unravel the jigsaws RE Clay's upcoming CD, summer tour, and PBS Special. The National Inclusion Project (Dancing Like the Stars and Our Friend Mikayla; a Spring Recital update; plus graphics by AmazingCA, Fountaindawg, and LovesClaysVoice are featured.

th_ACA_Bounds1-1.jpg

Clickable by AmazingCA

Love your comment, tree. The more I look at Anoop's suit, the more I think you might be right. :lol:

Thank you for your comments/visits, all. :imgtongue:

DITTO! :cryingwlaughter:

He proved that in "Spamalot." :snoopy:

Have a great week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

Ruth Sheehan writes a column in the N&O. Today she wrote about The Southern Women's Show that will run this weekend at the state fair grounds. Actually she is writing about the DLTS part of the event. Since Ruth won the dancing competition last year, Faye Parker asked her to "give this year's dance-off a plug." Ruth says, "The event, featuring local TV and radio celebrities, is fast paced and fun and benefits the National Inclusion Project, the Clay Aiken organization aimed at expanding opportunities for kids with special needs. The event is always standing-room only, but expect it to be more so this year---"American Idol" finalist Anoop Desai will also perform."

I will be volunteering again this year at the project's booth and look forward to talking with folks about the goals of the foundation and helping to raise money. I think it will be fun to see Anoop, but I sure wish it was Clay singing.

Now here is a little something else about the article. Right beside Ruth's column, which is in the Life, etc. section, there is a big story about "Wicked" which is playing at the Durham Performing Arts Center now. Of course, only a Clay fan would take notice of that coincidence. hee

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until We Get The Full Clay!:noshirt:

40 Days until June 1st and The New CD!:04:

60 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!

:yahoo:

77 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

92 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I was at an all day conference yesterday, and had NO time to catch up until the evening. And even then, I was watching Lost and then Glee (on DVR) while perusing the boards!

Anyway, it looks as if Decca updated the record cover again -- took away a bit of the shading (eg., the "bruise").

Decca's Clay record page

Also, Decca added a listing and map of the concert stops this summer.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to buy tickets for Hammond today, if the presale happens. I'll try my best though!

It's nice to see his page updated on Decca. Thanks LadyJ. I'm still in quandryland about first show. I thought I had it at least worked out in my head but then I put my vacation request in and I couldn't have the first day that I wanted. That's the Wednesday before the concert but my family reunion starts that day and I had intended to swoop by there Wednesday and Thursday before sneaking away. And now I have to take an extra trip down to San Diego for my brother's 50th birthday birthday. And if he's turning 50 soon that means I'll be there in a couple of years. LOL.

The benefit for National Inclusion Proj looks fun. Everyone working the event -- have fun!

I'm going out with my lurker friend after work. We'll squee about the Reno show and catch up on things. Looking forward to that.

Merrieee, I love a man with two feet too and long laces! I miss my cup. hee.

More of the picture at OFC.

That's the sexiest half-face I've ever seen. Especially with that bowtie all untied and all.

GAH!

I agree that is one sexy man. I can not wait for the whole picture. I actually am not working on Friday so it will be nice to see it earlier in the day and not 8 hours after it was posted. I can not wait for more promo to start.

Well the top half of the pic is on letter head from an Amex email so the cat is out of the bag! It was posted on CV but I am not going to bring it over. Don't want to spoil it. Just an FYI.

I've been wondering who Clay reminded me of on the cover of Tried & True - the attitude of his face. I finally thought of it tonight, looked it up. I've never thought Clay resembled Peter O'Toole in any way, but that expression, so resolute, so romantic, so Lawrence of Arabia.

post-1148-127190712924_thumb.jpg

post-1148-127190716588_thumb.jpg